The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #12626    
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Black Goat's Avatar
Black Goat
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender:
I've written a script for a man to give the player an eevee, which works fine, but after player recieves eevee there is no pokemon option on the start [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]menu. [/COLOR][/COLOR]
  #12627    
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:15 PM
NiKaNoRoU's Avatar
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
I've written a script for a man to give the player an eevee, which works fine, but after player recieves eevee there is no pokemon option on the start [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]menu. [/COLOR][/COLOR]
You need to activate the pokemon menu flag (0x828).
__________________

Your knight from the plane of light
  #12628    
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Black Goat's Avatar
Black Goat
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU View Post
You need to activate the pokemon menu flag (0x828).
how would I go about doing that?
sorry, I'm a noob at this
  #12629    
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:46 PM
NiKaNoRoU's Avatar
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
how would I go about doing that?
sorry, I'm a noob at this
Just add the following line at the start of the script (after 'dynamic'):
setflag 0x828
afaik
__________________

Your knight from the plane of light
  #12630    
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Gamer2020's Avatar
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Violet city!
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonrule18 View Post
can tel me if i can change pokemon ruby text to arabic with tile molester
just open the game with it and look through. The text should be towards the end.
You may have to play with the settings =/
__________________
I find it amusing how people my steal ideas and then claim to be the first one to do something.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

If someone can create a Pokémon colosseum remake with graphics and scripting that are very appealing to my eyes I will help them with implementing actual shadow Pokémon.
  #12631    
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Black Goat's Avatar
Black Goat
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU View Post
Just add the following line at the start of the script (after 'dynamic'):
setflag 0x828
afaik
It's not working =/
this is the script im using...

#dyn 0x740000
setflag 0x828
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon EEVEE 0x5 SPELONBERRY 0 0 0
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 EEVEE
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!
  #12632    
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:35 PM
novluis323's Avatar
novluis323
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
K i got another question how would i be able to edit the beginning explaintion where it tells you about buttons and then the story right before prof . oak in Fire red the one with pikachu on top
  #12633    
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:37 PM
NarutoActor's Avatar
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
It's not working =/
this is the script im using...

#dyn 0x740000
setflag 0x828
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon EEVEE 0x5 SPELONBERRY 0 0 0
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 EEVEE
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!
you put it before the start of the script XD
__________________
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
  #12634    
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:56 PM
novluis323's Avatar
novluis323
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
does anyone know? how to edit the beginning text?
  #12635    
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Kaikai
Togepi
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Female
Why wont you answer my questions?!

Is there a way to edit the movesets and the titlescreen WITHOUT the use of a hex editor?!

For Pokemon Gold!

And is there a way to edit the movesets other than D-Trogh's one and is there a program other than Sebbe's Trainer Editor and WITHOUT the use of a hex editor that can edit the rival's pokemon?!
  #12636    
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Teh Blazer's Avatar
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Doubt it, but hey, I barely know anything in the hacking world.
__________________
Coming soon...
  #12637    
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM
novluis323's Avatar
novluis323
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
well since noone answered my other question how would it be possible to make a tile set that i could insert into my advance maps
  #12638    
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by novluis323 View Post
well since noone answered my other question how would it be possible to make a tile set that i could insert into my advance maps
Find a tile inserting tutorial, there are lots of them. The search function is handy. :3
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #12639    
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:31 PM
novluis323's Avatar
novluis323
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
Find a tile inserting tutorial, there are lots of them. The search function is handy. :3
k thanks alot ill look around you wouldnt happen to know how to edit the starting text in firedred would you the one that gives instructions
  #12640    
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by novluis323 View Post
k thanks alot ill look around you wouldnt happen to know how to edit the starting text in firedred would you the one that gives instructions

Search the text in a-text or use a hex editor with a table file.
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #12641    
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:37 PM
novluis323's Avatar
novluis323
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
Search the text in a-text or use a hex editor with a table file.
oh okay thanks alot that should help me alot
  #12642    
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:51 PM
giradialkia's Avatar
giradialkia
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonrule18 View Post
can tel me if i can change pokemon ruby text to arabic with tile molester
Look, what they mean is, you have to edit the text manually. There is no arabia text in the Ruby Rom, so what you have to do is open your Rom in Tile Molester, find where the English text is, and then manually edit the "image" of the text to Arabic. Tough enough work, but that's the only way you could do it, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonrule18 View Post
can tel me if i can change pokemon ruby text to arabic with tile molester
Look, what they mean is, you have to edit the text manually. There is no arabic text in the Ruby Rom, so what you have to do is open your Rom in Tile Molester, find where the English text is, and then manually edit the "image" of the text to Arabic. Tough enough work, but that's the only way you could do it, sorry.
__________________

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!



This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.

Last edited by giradialkia; December 9th, 2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #12643    
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:10 PM
novluis323's Avatar
novluis323
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
well can anyone tell me where to find a workin a text ive downloaded 2 and both didnt work they were missing some file oh and how would i do it to insert a pokeball on one of my maps
  #12644    
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Teh Blazer's Avatar
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I was working on my titlescreen and everything was smooth up unitl:



(Yeah, I know i'ts kinda big, but I amplified it so you can see the title error)
When I import the stuff, the word "start" is not covered up by anything, but it is now.
Can somebody tell me what is going on and how do I change it?
__________________
Coming soon...
  #12645    
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Juan
Brazilian with a bad English
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pindamonhangaba - SP
Age: 23
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by novluis323 View Post
well can anyone tell me where to find a workin a text ive downloaded 2 and both didnt work they were missing some file oh and how would i do it to insert a pokeball on one of my maps
Look for the missing file on google and download it.

Have you ever thought to see the script in some Pokeball in the game and try to make a script like that?


Dude, have things that only need only the brain.
__________________
  #12646    
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:26 PM
novluis323's Avatar
novluis323
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Look for the missing file on google and download it.

Have you ever thought to see the script in some Pokeball in the game and try to make a script like that?


Dude, have things that only need only the brain.
Yeah im using the pokeball as a key but what im still trying to figure out is how to set a flag that doesnt let you leave the room till you get one
  #12647    
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:40 PM
TB Pro's Avatar
TB Pro
Old-timer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Midwestern USA
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by novluis323 View Post
Yeah im using the pokeball as a key but what im still trying to figure out is how to set a flag that doesnt let you leave the room till you get one
checkitem 0x[item number] 0x[number of items]
if 0x1 goto @[pointer to continue from]
__________________
--I'm a creepin'..
  #12648    
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse[TB Pro] View Post
checkitem 0x[item number] 0x[number of items]
if 0x1 goto @[pointer to continue from]
Incorrect.

checkitem 0xitem 0xamount
compare 0x800D 0xvalue
if 0xvalue goto @pointer.

You were just missing the compare 0x800D :3
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #12649    
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM
TB Pro's Avatar
TB Pro
Old-timer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Midwestern USA
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
Incorrect.

checkitem 0xitem 0xamount
compare 0x800D 0xvalue
if 0xvalue goto @pointer.

You were just missing the compare 0x800D :3
That's why I usually don't answer questions pertaining to scripting. I cannot script to save my life. haha.

If the player already has some of this item, you could use:

setflag 0x[flag number]
on the pokeball script

and checkflag 0x[same flag number]
if 0x1 goto @[pointer]
...

#org @[pointer]
continue the script...
...
__________________
--I'm a creepin'..
  #12650    
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:06 PM
rokrdude's Avatar
rokrdude
POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
How can we find and edit the the complete script of a game using advance map(along with XSE as Script Editor)

I know how to look at the script of particular event or a map(but not the whole game)

The thing is I want to increase the price of going to safari zone but not able to find the script

Can anyone tell me?

Last edited by rokrdude; December 9th, 2009 at 09:08 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.