The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #12651    
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:51 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokrdude View Post
How can we find and edit the the complete script of a game using advance map(along with XSE as Script Editor)

I know how to look at the script of particular event or a map(but not the whole game)

The thing is I want to increase the price of going to safari zone but not able to find the script

Can anyone tell me?
Why not navigate to the Safari Zone maps and decompile the scripts there until you find it?
__________________

Brother of Vrai
  #12652    
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:06 PM
rokrdude's Avatar
rokrdude
POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
Why not navigate to the Safari Zone maps and decompile the scripts there until you find it?
Actually i tried it but couldn't find the place where price of entering is specified
Could u help pls!!
  #12653    
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:14 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokrdude View Post
Actually i tried it but couldn't find the place where price of entering is specified
Could u help pls!!
In FR/LG: go to Fuchsia City and then double-click the warp at the top of the map that leads to the Safari Zone gatehouse (11.10). Inside, there will be three green squares labeled 'S'. Decompile the script on one of them (they should all be the same). Search the script for 0x1F4 (500 in decimal) and replace any instances of 0x1F4 with the hexadecimal equivalent with your new price. It should show up twice; once in a 'checkmoney' command (which checks to see if the player even has enough money to enter) and a 'paymoney' command (which actually takes the money away from the player).

In Emerald: go to Route 121 and use the warp there to enter the Safari Zone gatehouse (23.0). There should be one green square labeled 'S' inside which you should decompile. Search the document for 0x1F4 and replace any instance of it with your new value (remember to convert to hex!).

Also, keep in mind that you'll want to change the text too because it mentions $500 in there somewhere.
__________________

Brother of Vrai

Last edited by colcolstyles; December 9th, 2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Better
  #12654    
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:47 PM
rokrdude's Avatar
rokrdude
POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
1) Thanks but can u post for ruby as well as im hacking ruby
(tried to search on emerald basis in ruby but no luck)

In Emerald: go to Route 121 and use the warp there to enter the Safari Zone gatehouse (23.0). There should be one green square labeled 'S' inside which you should decompile. Search the document for 0x1F4 and replace any instance of it with your new value (remember to convert to hex!).

How do i wrap to a position there isnt any wrap command given in script of 3 persons in safari zone entrance



2) Instead of creating a different script,isn't there any method so that instead of birch giving
regional dex he gives national dex( I mean any specials like there is one in firered) in ruby game

If there is no other way can anyone tell me

Can i put the 4 lines
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
just after the one flag for shoes(in moms script ) is set


The thing is if a edit the script and insert the 4 lines i dont get option to save
all i get is save as option which saves the script as rbc,rbh etc
How Im suppose to edit the script
pls help

Last edited by rokrdude; December 9th, 2009 at 11:16 PM.
  #12655    
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:53 PM
~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I cannot really explain this in pictures but on one of my maps you cannot see the people events, all the other event types work etc. I have repointed the event header for the map etc and nothing has worked

EDIT: this is on Ruby AXVE
__________________




Mystic still in work to let you know...

Last edited by ~Teh Panda~; December 10th, 2009 at 12:06 AM.
  #12656    
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:02 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Superjail Penitentiary
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokrdude View Post
1) Thanks but can u post for ruby as well as im hacking ruby
(tried to search on emerald basis in ruby but no luck)

In Emerald: go to Route 121 and use the warp there to enter the Safari Zone gatehouse (23.0). There should be one green square labeled 'S' inside which you should decompile. Search the document for 0x1F4 and replace any instance of it with your new value (remember to convert to hex!).

How do i wrap to a position there isnt any wrap command given in script of 3 persons in safari zone entrance



2) Instead of creating a different script,isn't there any method so that instead of birch giving
regional dex he gives national dex( I mean any specials like there is one in firered) in ruby game

If there is no other way can anyone tell me

Can i put the 4 lines
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
just after the one flag for shoes(in moms script ) is set


The thing is if a edit the script and insert the 4 lines i dont get option to save
all i get is save as option which saves the script as rbc,rbh etc
How Im suppose to edit the script
pls help
Unfortunately, no, there is no special or flag that activates the national pokedex in Ruby Version.
Instead of adding those 4 lines to another script, just make your own script, it isn't that hard, here I'll give you one to use.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x801
if b_true goto @exit
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
release
end

#org @exit
release
end

Yes, I know the lock/release aren't needed, but it is a good idea to include them in Every script you make aside from a level script that might not need it.

Now, to add this into your ROM is simple.
There are 2 ways of doing this, I'll tell you one, the other, you should read the guide that comes with XSE (If you are using it, if so, open XSE and press F2)

To insert this, open up XSE, and click "File" then click "Open"

Once you have the open file prompt opened up, switch the file type to GBA, and open your game up.
Your ROM is now loaded.
Now copy/paste the script I gave you into XSE, and hit the COMPILE button. (The button that kinda looks like 2 gears, it isn't that hard to miss...)

You should now see a new window pop-up, this is the compiler log.
At the bottom of it, in a spot called "Dynamic Offsets" it should show you a list of offsets, and a list of offset names.
(If you are working off of a clean ROM, you should see:

@start 800000
@exit 800025)

Now, click on @start, and hit the COPY button next to it.

At this point, you will want to open up A-Map, and go to Birch's lab (Where he gives you the Pokedex...)
You are going to want to switch to the "Events" tab, and increase the number of scripts by 1. (Unless the exit of his lab takes up more spots)

Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively.

In the "Script Offset" field, put in the offset that the compiler showed you.
No just move the script(s) on top of the "warp" tiles, aaaannnnddd...
Congrats, you have successfully inserted that script.
Now, after Birch gives you the Pokedex, just walk out of the lab and you will have the National Pokedex!

Remember, don't rely so much on other people's help, try to do things on your own, and I must insist...

READ THE GUIDE THAT COMES WITH XSE
Have a nice day.
__________________
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
.
.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Age: 18
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
  #12657    
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Chicken Bones
Hacks 4 fun
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Ok I'm trying to make a script where the player can move during it. (To be more precise where a sprite follows you). I am only one step away from success.

I can't let the player move until the end command. I have tried all manner of level scripts etc.

Here is a test. I wan't to be able to move during the script so for about 3 secs during the pauses. (Whole script)

Spoiler:
#org 0x803B16
releaseall
pause 0x30
spriteinvisible 0xFF 0xE 0xC
pause 0x30
spritevisible 0xFF 0xE 0xC
end


please tell me how to let the player move during execution.
  #12658    
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:23 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Superjail Penitentiary
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Bones View Post
Ok I'm trying to make a script where the player can move during it. (To be more precise where a sprite follows you). I am only one step away from success.

I can't let the player move until the end command. I have tried all manner of level scripts etc.

Here is a test. I wan't to be able to move during the script so for about 3 secs during the pauses. (Whole script)

Spoiler:
#org 0x803B16
releaseall
pause 0x30
spriteinvisible 0xFF 0xE 0xC
pause 0x30
spritevisible 0xFF 0xE 0xC
end


please tell me how to let the player move during execution.
I like your enthusiasm, but you can not make a script like this. (I assume you are trying to make a Pikachu following kind of script)
I've tried, and I made one, but it was impossible to manage, as you can't have a sprite follow you from map to map... You can not move while the "Pause" is going...

This can't possibly be the whole script, but I have a feeling you are NOT one step awway from success... Sorry to burst your bubble...
You can not do anything while the command "pause" is running. Sorry.
__________________
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
.
.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Age: 18
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
  #12659    
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Black Goat's Avatar
Black Goat
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
you put it before the start of the script XD
still not working =/
this is the script
I'm using PKSV to generate the scripts if thats any help...

setflag 0x828
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon EEVEE 0x5 QUICKCLAW 0 0 0
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 EEVEE
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!
  #12660    
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:05 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Superjail Penitentiary
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
still not working =/
this is the script
I'm using PKSV to generate the scripts if thats any help...


#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump @end
setflag 0x828
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon EEVEE 0x5 QUICKCLAW 0 0 0
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 EEVEE
fanfare 0x101
msgbox @get-msg
callstd 0x4
waitfanfare
waitbutton
release
end

#org @end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!
If you used XSE, I'd help you...
But I can tell you now, the flag NEVER EVER EVER goes before the dyn...I don't use PKSV, but looking at this script I can tell that dyn is the dynamic offset... well, that is ALWAYS the first thing in a script. NEVER EVER put a flag before it because it won't even do anything...
In any case, I don't use PKSV, and I dunno if this counts for anything, butI don't think you can do a jump to :end, since it isn't an offset, it is a command... I might not use PKSV, but I can at least help by fixing it to the best of my abilities...
Hope I could help... Also, be sure to set the person's 2nd Unknown setting (in A-map, just below the X/Y pos boxes...) to 03... 2nd Unknown to 03, okay?
This SHOULD work, though I don't use PKSV as I've said before, so I'm not quite sure.

PS, I edited your script in the quote, try it out
__________________
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
.
.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Age: 18
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
  #12661    
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:07 AM
/Circa's Avatar
/Circa
a face in the clouds.
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Teh Panda~ View Post
I cannot really explain this in pictures but on one of my maps you cannot see the people events, all the other event types work etc. I have repointed the event header for the map etc and nothing has worked

EDIT: this is on Ruby AXVE
Do you mean they arent there, check if there are any people events on the map haha.
The other thing I could suggest is making a new map (which you can just do with insert map on AM) or make new events.

If it glitched, make a copy of the backup and try opening it and see if the events are there.
__________________
dragging himself, forw
ard again, the pain has
still not diminished. E
ventually though, he e
merges inside a v
ery large room w

here everything about

the house

suddenly

changes.
  #12662    
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:11 AM
rokrdude's Avatar
rokrdude
POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
Unfortunately, no, there is no special or flag that activates the national pokedex in Ruby Version.
Instead of adding those 4 lines to another script, just make your own script, it isn't that hard, here I'll give you one to use.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x801
if b_true goto @exit
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
release
end

#org @exit
release
end

Yes, I know the lock/release aren't needed, but it is a good idea to include them in Every script you make aside from a level script that might not need it.

Now, to add this into your ROM is simple.
There are 2 ways of doing this, I'll tell you one, the other, you should read the guide that comes with XSE (If you are using it, if so, open XSE and press F2)

To insert this, open up XSE, and click "File" then click "Open"

Once you have the open file prompt opened up, switch the file type to GBA, and open your game up.
Your ROM is now loaded.
Now copy/paste the script I gave you into XSE, and hit the COMPILE button. (The button that kinda looks like 2 gears, it isn't that hard to miss...)

You should now see a new window pop-up, this is the compiler log.
At the bottom of it, in a spot called "Dynamic Offsets" it should show you a list of offsets, and a list of offset names.
(If you are working off of a clean ROM, you should see:

@start 800000
@exit 800025)

Now, click on @start, and hit the COPY button next to it.

At this point, you will want to open up A-Map, and go to Birch's lab (Where he gives you the Pokedex...)
You are going to want to switch to the "Events" tab, and increase the number of scripts by 1. (Unless the exit of his lab takes up more spots)

Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively.

In the "Script Offset" field, put in the offset that the compiler showed you.
No just move the script(s) on top of the "warp" tiles, aaaannnnddd...
Congrats, you have successfully inserted that script.
Now, after Birch gives you the Pokedex, just walk out of the lab and you will have the National Pokedex!

Remember, don't rely so much on other people's help, try to do things on your own, and I must insist...

READ THE GUIDE THAT COMES WITH XSE
Have a nice day.
Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively

Sorry man can u tell me what i did wrong Its still regional dex.
Steps i followed after opening a map
1)increase no of events to 1 and save changes
2)change the value of offset var num & unknown(even tried changing both unknowns) didnt change var value of the script
3)make the position x y same as that of wrap point
save the changes

Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
I didnt get what u meant by it maybe this is the mistake





Last edited by rokrdude; December 10th, 2009 at 02:38 AM.
  #12663    
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Chicken Bones
Hacks 4 fun
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Ok I'm trying to make a script where the player can move during it. (To be more precise where a sprite follows you). I am only one step away from success.

I can't let the player move until the end command. I have tried all manner of level scripts etc.

Here is a test. I wan't to be able to move during the script so for about 3 secs during the pauses. (Whole script)

Spoiler:

#org 0x803B16
releaseall
pause 0x30
spriteinvisible 0xFF 0xE 0xC
pause 0x30
spritevisible 0xFF 0xE 0xC
end


please tell me how to let the player move during execution.
I like your enthusiasm, but you can not make a script like this. (I assume you are trying to make a Pikachu following kind of script)
I've tried, and I made one, but it was impossible to manage, as you can't have a sprite follow you from map to map... You can not move while the "Pause" is going...

This can't possibly be the whole script, but I have a feeling you are NOT one step awway from success... Sorry to burst your bubble...
You can not do anything while the command "pause" is running. Sorry.
Umm... OK

Back to bubble bursting...This is not my follow me script I have one it just isn't posted.

That was actually just a test to see if I could move during a script.

Ok so you can't move during PAUSE but is there any other time you can move.

Not sure if it's special or ASM but the safari zone seems to know how to do this. (I have decompiled the safari zone completely in XSE, all level scripts, tiles, people etc.)
  #12664    
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:13 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Superjail Penitentiary
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Bones View Post
Umm... OK

Back to bubble bursting...This is not my follow me script I have one it just isn't posted.

That was actually just a test to see if I could move during a script.

Ok so you can't move during PAUSE but is there any other time you can move.

Not sure if it's special or ASM but the safari zone seems to know how to do this. (I have decompiled the safari zone completely in XSE, all level scripts, tiles, people etc.)
What are you talking about?
You can move during any script except ones that force you to stop moving, or applymovements...
The safari Zone isn't a script, it is a change in game play, it is COMPLETELY different.
It isn't usually reccomended to let the player have control while a script is running, but is easy, just don't include a lock at the beginning of the script...
__________________
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
.
.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Age: 18
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
  #12665    
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Chicken Bones
Hacks 4 fun
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
sorry but not that easy. If it was my first attempt would have worked.
  #12666    
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
I got a question...

In Baro's hack, Pokemon Marble I've seen an "infinite stairs" script.
Anyone care to lighten me up?
__________________
  #12667    
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:59 AM
rokrdude's Avatar
rokrdude
POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
Unfortunately, no, there is no special or flag that activates the national pokedex in Ruby Version.
Instead of adding those 4 lines to another script, just make your own script, it isn't that hard, here I'll give you one to use.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x801
if b_true goto @exit
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
release
end

#org @exit
release
end

Yes, I know the lock/release aren't needed, but it is a good idea to include them in Every script you make aside from a level script that might not need it.

Now, to add this into your ROM is simple.
There are 2 ways of doing this, I'll tell you one, the other, you should read the guide that comes with XSE (If you are using it, if so, open XSE and press F2)

To insert this, open up XSE, and click "File" then click "Open"

Once you have the open file prompt opened up, switch the file type to GBA, and open your game up.
Your ROM is now loaded.
Now copy/paste the script I gave you into XSE, and hit the COMPILE button. (The button that kinda looks like 2 gears, it isn't that hard to miss...)

You should now see a new window pop-up, this is the compiler log.
At the bottom of it, in a spot called "Dynamic Offsets" it should show you a list of offsets, and a list of offset names.
(If you are working off of a clean ROM, you should see:

@start 800000
@exit 800025)

Now, click on @start, and hit the COPY button next to it.

At this point, you will want to open up A-Map, and go to Birch's lab (Where he gives you the Pokedex...)
You are going to want to switch to the "Events" tab, and increase the number of scripts by 1. (Unless the exit of his lab takes up more spots)

Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively.

In the "Script Offset" field, put in the offset that the compiler showed you.
No just move the script(s) on top of the "warp" tiles, aaaannnnddd...
Congrats, you have successfully inserted that script.
Now, after Birch gives you the Pokedex, just walk out of the lab and you will have the National Pokedex!

Remember, don't rely so much on other people's help, try to do things on your own, and I must insist...

READ THE GUIDE THAT COMES WITH XSE
Have a nice day.
Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively

Sorry man can u tell me what i did wrong Its still regional dex.
Steps i followed after opening a map
1)increase no of events to 1 and save changes
2)change the value of offset var num & unknown(even tried changing both unknowns) didnt change var value of the script
3)make the position x y same as that of wrap point
save the changes

Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
I didnt get what u meant by it maybe this is the mistake




  #12668    
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Karel_Kazuki's Avatar
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: U.s.a.
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Okay Im trying to Make a hack.I have been learning how to script and I dont know how to use all the elements of the scripts......Okay Im trying to make a battle script,really,and im using a-trainer a-map and XSE.....I need someone to tell me step by step how to put a new trainer int the game.I cna make the script but i dont know what to do after that...
  #12669    
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Saiba Aisu's Avatar
Saiba Aisu
Sophistiqué
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Okay, what am I supposed to be seeing...?

Original Professional Header View:



Edited Professional Header View:

__________________

Discover the shocking circumstances that set the birth of the legendary crime syndicate into motion
...

Witness Team Rocket like never before.


  #12670    
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:06 AM
novluis323's Avatar
novluis323
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
well i have some pictures of certain buidlings i would like to add to my hack but how would i do it to insert it and make it so i can use them in my maps
  #12671    
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM
TB Pro's Avatar
TB Pro
Old-timer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Midwestern USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by novluis323 View Post
well i have some pictures of certain buidlings i would like to add to my hack but how would i do it to insert it and make it so i can use them in my maps
Read a tile insertion tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials section.
__________________
--I'm a creepin'..
  #12672    
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Shiny_Noctowl
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 20
Gender: Male
How do I change the names of the different Trainer classes (e.g. change "TEAM MAGMA" to "TEAM UMBRA")?
  #12673    
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:30 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
It isn't usually reccomended to let the player have control while a script is running, but is easy, just don't include a lock at the beginning of the script...
'lock' only prevents the person event that the player is talking to from moving (and similarly 'lockall' prevents all NPCs on the map from moving). It has nothing to do with the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
I got a question...

In Baro's hack, Pokemon Marble I've seen an "infinite stairs" script.
Anyone care to lighten me up?
I haven't played much of Marble but I remember a long time ago I saw someone asking about this and I believe that the answer was that Baro set the connection at the top of the map so that it linked to the same map but at the southern entrance.
__________________

Brother of Vrai

Last edited by colcolstyles; December 10th, 2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Removed the rudeness
  #12674    
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Shiny_Noctowl
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
I haven't played much of Marble but I remember a long time ago I saw someone asking about this and I believe that the answer was that Baro set the connection at the top of the map so that it linked to the same map but at the southern entrance.
But how did he make it so that the staircase is no longer infinite when you get a certain item?
  #12675    
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny_Noctowl View Post
But how did he make it so that the staircase is no longer infinite when you get a certain item?
A scripted warp, that warps you to another identical looking map, which doesn't have the infinite stairs.
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.