The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:06 PM
.com
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
I want to play the beta epic bad, but I get a white screen also. It's not my save type or anything on VBA, and I patched correctly and all... I tried to open the ROM on AMap, and it gave me offset errors. Are you sure you've been using the (U) AXVE ROM to hack? I usually have this problem when it's that, so... Anyways, I hope I can find a way for it to work >:0.

...also, does your rom have a hacked intro? I know a lot of the Rubys floating around have that. The ROM I'm using doesn't have one, so, patching one using it to it might be the problem.
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:56 PM
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryemo
awesomeness, yea.
great hack
Hehe, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecFire
About the Latios message, for some reason I went back to the house and there was no message. I guess it's because earlier I had a WtW cheat on (lol I managed to make it to Fortree City).

Also what I meant about Kanto was, I know you are going to include it, but how will you make the map show up on the PokeNav?

Also one thing I suggest: Make a different house and lab for New Bark Town, instead of using Pallet Town's houses. It looks kinda weird seeing Kanto houses in Johto.
See I knew it. I think it'll be mostly ASM involved to get the map showing, I mean showing a simple map with no labels and location data is easy On the houses and labs... Is it that weird?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefreak2
in your alpha the guy outside route 30 in cherrygrove has the old man script and i think he needs the
script you said be4 where to tell you that the alpha ends but instead yea has the old man that
gives you town map script
Uh, that's impossible... Are you sure? Does any other players have this also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desman3000
Ya, idk if you'll be able to compete with shiny gold, I mean the main region is already DONE... but neway, GOOD LUCK on ur Hack. anta:
Of course, Shiny Gold is in it's last stages. This is a rhetorical question I'll try my best to not keep you disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .com
I want to play the beta epic bad, but I get a white screen also. It's not my save type or anything on VBA, and I patched correctly and all... I tried to open the ROM on AMap, and it gave me offset errors. Are you sure you've been using the (U) AXVE ROM to hack? I usually have this problem when it's that, so... Anyways, I hope I can find a way for it to work >:0.

...also, does your rom have a hacked intro? I know a lot of the Rubys floating around have that. The ROM I'm using doesn't have one, so, patching one using it to it might be the problem.
Uh. You're not suppose to open my ROM Anyway, the ROM that I use is a clean Ruby version [AXVE] with no intro hacks and all. I know my ROMs , clean as ever. I don't see why other people aren't complaining. If you need more help, go over the patching tutorial again. If you still can't fix it, please VM me.
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Chaos Dirge
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
I like gold and silver remakes. Liquid Crstal and Shiny gold. Heart gold seems like it will be ok but... I wish someone would complete these hacks. I really don't think any remake could be as good as fan remakes.

So if you plan to do this please stick through till the end.
Old December 15th, 2009, 03:19 PM
.com
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
Uh. You're not suppose to open my ROM Anyway, the ROM that I use is a clean Ruby version [AXVE] with no intro hacks and all. I know my ROMs , clean as ever. I don't see why other people aren't complaining. If you need more help, go over the patching tutorial again. If you still can't fix it, please VM me.
Haha, I don't mean I want your ROM. It's just odd the patching wouldn't work then, because I have a ROM up to par with what you describe yours is... It's definately not because I didn't patch correctly, it's just not working, I guess. I'll try other ROMs around and see if that helps.
Old December 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .com View Post
Haha, I don't mean I want your ROM. It's just odd the patching wouldn't work then, because I have a ROM up to par with what you describe yours is... It's definately not because I didn't patch correctly, it's just not working, I guess. I'll try other ROMs around and see if that helps.
I had the same problem, but I downloaded another copy of the ROM, which worked fine.
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:42 AM
~Areku-San
Pokemon Darkblue Author

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Areku-San
Sorry, but from my point of view it seems a waste of time to copy an idea and made by Nintendo, it is assumed that the ROM hackers should demonstrate to Nintendo that the fans can do much more than their in-class job scheduling may but in terms of creativity do not have much to say.

The possibilities that can be done in the ROM Hacking are many as to copy an idea that others did, that's my opinion honestly do not know anyone says about uu

Could Basarte in the Anime or Manga perhaps ideas that nobody has the look.

But anyway, it's your project ... Good luck!

Thanks for your supporting!
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:23 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Dirge
I like gold and silver remakes. Liquid Crstal and Shiny gold. Heart gold seems like it will be ok but... I wish someone would complete these hacks. I really don't think any remake could be as good as fan remakes.

Thanks I hope I can pull through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse[TB Pro
]I had the same problem, but I downloaded another copy of the ROM, which worked fine.
Yeah, try with other ROMs, things will eventually work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Areku-San
Sorry, but from my point of view it seems a waste of time to copy an idea and made by Nintendo, it is assumed that the ROM hackers should demonstrate to Nintendo that the fans can do much more than their in-class job scheduling may but in terms of creativity do not have much to say.

The possibilities that can be done in the ROM Hacking are many as to copy an idea that others did, that's my opinion honestly do not know anyone says about uu

Could Basarte in the Anime or Manga perhaps ideas that nobody has the look.

But anyway, it's your project ... Good luck!
According to my point of view - no time's waste at all and as you said it was made by Nintendo but not for the Advance Generation, and it could be counted as creativity when you turn a game like Ruby into something else. This is my honest opinion - there are all sorts of creativity

Anyway that's your say and I appreciate it pal, good luck with your project as well
Old December 16th, 2009, 06:20 PM
zein
Jorge Ben Jor.

Mmm my view for the hack is nice paddle but I do not like Kenta both minis and I think that resemble the paddles sole gold but I really like the hack.
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by zein View Post
Mmm my view for the hack is nice paddle but I do not like Kenta both minis and I think that resemble the paddles sole gold but I really like the hack.
If you cared to actually read some of ZodiacDaGreat's posts you would see that will change them when he has new sprites to replace them with. :3
Old December 18th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Pendragoon
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Dirge View Post

I love them as well, the GSC years were my favorite for the Pokemon games, with Silver being my favorite out of the three. I'm still waiting for someone to do a remake of silver, Gold and Crystal remakes are fine and I do enjoy them, but Silver will always be my favorite in the series.

I'd also like to see a complete version of fire red as well....
Old December 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Arcelio
This was a triumph.

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Yahoo to Arcelio
Very interesting. This game has given me inspiration to create a support banner...tomorrow. I'm glad someone's using Ruby to recreate G/S/C. I will be watching this hack's progress. Good luck.

P.S: I would create the banner today, but who wants to work on their birthday?

Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Old December 19th, 2009, 08:36 AM
HackChu
I need a haircut...
Community Supporter Tier 1

This looks great, just don't give up on it man.

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Old December 20th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Soul.//Silver

Nature: Jolly
Where did you get the name Pure Gold............?
Old December 20th, 2009, 03:06 PM
PRKING
Beginning Trainer

can some one tell me y it is that i cant get pass the city thing.. i cant get to the mr.pokemon
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:57 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson
This looks great, just don't give up on it man.
Yeah, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul.//Silver
Where did you get the name Pure Gold............?
To tell you the truth, my brother made it up; and I thought it actually sounded good, ironic, and is like a pun You might even get to see a slogan later lol 24 carat Gold lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRKING
can some one tell me y it is that i cant get pass the city thing.. i cant get to the mr.pokemon
Because it's just a Alpha Why else would I seal it? This is an annoying question in which I see in all hack threads, people do not think before asking - Besides, I've also added a guy to tell you that it's the end.

From now on, in future beta's there'll be a person at the end of it informing you that's all you get to play.
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:27 AM
PRKING
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Yeah, thanks

To tell you the truth, my brother made it up; and I thought it actually sounded good, ironic, and is like a pun You might even get to see a slogan later lol 24 carat Gold lol

Because it's just a Alpha Why else would I seal it? This is an annoying question in which I see in all hack threads, people do not think before asking - Besides, I've also added a guy to tell you that it's the end.

From now on, in future beta's there'll be a person at the end of it informing you that's all you get to play.
thanks and sorry for asking.. this game is pretty cool though i like it
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
MrAPT1
That one guy who does stuff

This looks great, I really hope that you continue. I seem to have a problem with patching though, as I either get a white screen upon startup, or I get a working game with very glitched up graphics. Is the rom you made the ips off of expanded? I think my problem is that I forgot to expand.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRKING
thanks and sorry for asking.. this game is pretty cool though i like it
It's Okay. I guess we're all to excited that we forget things or something XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonti
This looks great, I really hope that you continue. I seem to have a problem with patching though, as I either get a white screen upon startup, or I get a working game with very glitched up graphics. Is the rom you made the ips off of expanded? I think my problem is that I forgot to expand.
The ROM is not expanded and is a clean ROM, I use Lips IPS patcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecFire
You do realize that with the walk through walls code, you can make it all the way to Ilex Forest, don't you?
Yeah, thanks for letting me know. I'll have to come up with a hack in the future versions to prevent that. But, now it seems that my Alpha becomes a Beta to people who use cheats
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Heh, sorry for mentioning it. But I don't even have the patience to play it, I just used it to see what Hoenn looks like in FR tiles . I'm quite amazed at the graphical work you've done here.

Here, I'll delete my old post. I suggest removing my quote too.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

A word of advice; to prevent what just happened, a good thing to do would be to make the patch when you reach your beta targets and then carry on so the patch you release will have no more than what you intended of the beta. :3
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
hectord25
It's so Dark here

Other Gold Remake,i was playing it,but i can get the route 30,there`s a lot of trees blocking the way.
This would be a awesone remake,but you release a Beta with numerous Glitches.

Last edited by hectord25; December 23rd, 2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectord25
Other Gold Remake,i was playing it,but i can get the route 30,there`s a lot of trees blocking the way.
This would be a awesone remake,but you release a Beta with numerous Glitches.
What the heck? It's a Alpha, what do you expect? The entire Johto region? I've released a Alpha and there's no glitches unless you try to use cheats to bypass my limit to your gameplay.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:02 PM
hectord25
It's so Dark here

Quote:
What the heck? It's a Alpha, what do you expect? The entire Johto region? I've released a Alpha and there's no glitches unless you try to use cheats to bypass my limit to your gameplay.
Ok,sorry man,that`s and alpha,no a BETA,of course,i don`t know what alpha means,i`ll wait a beta,sorry,i`ll keep playing it,luck.
Old December 26th, 2009, 07:23 AM
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
gggggggggggggggggg

This hack seems nice. The story seems nice. The charachers seems nice. The features seems nice. The screenshot seems nice.
Old December 26th, 2009, 03:19 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
If your up to azalea town, isn't that enough to release a beta?

Yay, 100th post!

Last edited by chrunch; December 26th, 2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: post 100!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links