The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old December 18th, 2009, 09:21 PM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
This looks amazing! I can't wait for beta1!:D
The updates are great!:D:D
__________________
  #52    
Old December 19th, 2009, 03:49 AM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
Ooh, they looks nice. However, I can't help but point out tha you used the wrong punctuation for quotation. You should have used ["] for the beginning of the quote and " for the end of the quote. However, it's only a minor issue. Can't wait to see that Steven OW. :3
Mhm. Actually, they're quotational marks, not speech marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Cole ♥ View Post
The updates are awesome Harry! You and the team have done very well.
Good luck to you and the team. :)
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryemo View Post
oh my gosh! this game looks awesome! it probably is awesome, cant wait
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
This looks amazing! I can't wait for beta1!:D
The updates are great!:D:D
Thanks.

I've got a huge problem at the moment, it seems like every single female NPC freezes the game. So, for now, the NPC's are all male until I can find the source of the problem.

I updated all my screens with update version of them with the new textbox. Here's also a preview of events to come.

__________________
#
  #53    
Old December 19th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Tyrantrum's Avatar
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
The maps and scripts look absolutely wonderful, from what I can see. I love how much effort you seem to be putting into this hack. I like how you put the Johto starters in the hack, but, it is a bit overused, imo... I mean, I do see a lot of hacks using the Johto Starters, but it's your choice. I'll obviously be using Cyndaquil. I'm really looking forward to playing this hack. I might try out beta 1 and that's it when it comes out, then go for the final beta, but I will be watching this thread. ;D

Good luck, Harry and Max~
__________________




(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
  #54    
Old December 20th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Nice, red! I've always liked colorful textboxes.
The thing about the glitch doesn't sound very good...
__________________
  #55    
Old December 20th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy
I'm Brawly! Dewford's Gym Leader!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dewford Town
Gender:
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Female NPC's freeze the game? Why don't you try re-scripting or re-inserting them?
I also like the reddish text box, <3
__________________

Gym Leader Brawly wants to battle!
Machop (Lv. 17) - Guts - (Bulk Up, Karate Chop)
Makuhita (Lv. 18) - Guts - (Vital Throw, Arm Thrust)
November 21 / Staff Collab 2014
Note: if you think any of these information are spoilers then I implore you to reconsider your life choices.
  #56    
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:42 AM
/Circa's Avatar
/Circa
a face in the clouds.
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

I've got a huge problem at the moment, it seems like every single female NPC freezes the game. So, for now, the NPC's are all male until I can find the source of the problem.
Usually when something like this happens, you make a backup, and on that backup delete the last few things you did (scripts, people etc) then try it out.

It's how I fix most glitches.

But otherwise, good luck
__________________
dragging himself, forw
ard again, the pain has
still not diminished. E
ventually though, he e
merges inside a v
ery large room w

here everything about

the house

suddenly

changes.
  #57    
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:39 AM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoi View Post
The maps and scripts look absolutely wonderful, from what I can see. I love how much effort you seem to be putting into this hack. I like how you put the Johto starters in the hack, but, it is a bit overused, imo... I mean, I do see a lot of hacks using the Johto Starters, but it's your choice. I'll obviously be using Cyndaquil. I'm really looking forward to playing this hack. I might try out beta 1 and that's it when it comes out, then go for the final beta, but I will be watching this thread. ;D

Good luck, Harry and Max~
I like Johto starters. :3 And thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
Nice, red! I've always liked colorful textboxes.
The thing about the glitch doesn't sound very good...
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelfier View Post
Female NPC's freeze the game? Why don't you try re-scripting or re-inserting them?
I also like the reddish text box, <3
It's not the scripts, it's a corrupt ASM routine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirnos Servant View Post
Usually when something like this happens, you make a backup, and on that backup delete the last few things you did (scripts, people etc) then try it out.

It's how I fix most glitches.

But otherwise, good luck :)
Hm.. I have a back-up without it. But, I think it wouldn't be that hard to fix it; so I'm continuing on this ROM.

Few Updates:



Screen 1: Screen of Colt Path, showing off Max. :3
Screen 2: Hero backsprite and Max front sprite.
Screen 3: Showing tree stump searching feature.
Screen 4: Nothing? Aw, too bad.
Screen 5: Yay, Toto evolved! <3
Screen 6: Yay event preview.
__________________
#
  #58    
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:21 AM
TB Pro's Avatar
TB Pro
Old-timer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Midwestern USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Stuff in tree stumps? How does that make sense? lol. Anyways, max just sexes up everything sprite-wise...*****. Also, you have the background byte set wrong on teh poke grass.
__________________
--I'm a creepin'..
  #59    
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:03 AM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse[TB Pro] View Post
Stuff in tree stumps? How does that make sense? lol. Anyways, max just sexes up everything sprite-wise...*****. Also, you have the background byte set wrong on teh poke grass.
Thanks. Also, damn someone noticed :P. I've fixed that in my ROM. I just cbf to upload new screens.

ANYWAY HUGE PROBLEM WAS FIXED BY THE MEGA AWESOME HACKMEW ALL CREDITS TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
__________________
#
  #60    
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
TB Pro's Avatar
TB Pro
Old-timer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Midwestern USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post


Thanks. Also, damn someone noticed . I've fixed that in my ROM. I just cbf to upload new screens.

ANYWAY HUGE PROBLEM WAS FIXED BY THE MEGA AWESOME HACKMEW ALL CREDITS TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
OHO HACKMEW NEEDS A HUG! Oh, is that screen with the huge trees a forest? I would bet not, seeing as it's not dark...
__________________
--I'm a creepin'..
  #61    
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:00 PM
Chibi Robo's Avatar
Chibi Robo
of the entire epoch!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cali
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post


Harry you forgot to mention that my character is a total jerk in the game :o

Hackmew gets some max points for fixing the glitch (b'')b
__________________
Pair: Vrai
  #62    
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:56 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Awesome, glad to hear the glitch is fixed. :3

Also, I hope the two rivals have very opposite personalities that will clash with each other.
BTW, Chibi Robo, you're spriting is awesome.
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #63    
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:16 AM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
Awesome, glad to hear the glitch is fixed. :3

Also, I hope the two rivals have very opposite personalities that will clash with each other. :P
BTW, Chibi Robo, you're spriting is awesome. :P
They do. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Robo View Post
Harry you forgot to mention that my character is a total jerk in the game :o

Hackmew gets some max points for fixing the glitch (b'')b
STFU LAZY.

+1 Max points are good. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse[TB Pro] View Post
OHO HACKMEW NEEDS A HUG! Oh, is that screen with the huge trees a forest? I would bet not, seeing as it's not dark...
HE DOES. Actually, the forest is stormy and has lightning. Just not in those screens.

Update:

I'm not too bothered about posting screenshots, but; I've finished scripting up to the first gym. Now, got to map the gym and script it. :)
__________________
#
  #64    
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Odamn, U haz smexy Max for teh SMEXIN sprites...

That aside I think this project looks wonderful. Max and you are definitely a great team as you have a fancy spriter and a great hacker. Truly I am expecting this to be great. Everything gives me that vibe of official Nintendo style.

Best of luck!
__________________




Mystic still in work to let you know...
  #65    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:08 AM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Teh Panda~ View Post
Odamn, U haz smexy Max for teh SMEXIN sprites...

That aside I think this project looks wonderful. Max and you are definitely a great team as you have a fancy spriter and a great hacker. Truly I am expecting this to be great. Everything gives me that vibe of official Nintendo style.

Best of luck!
Thanks, Panda.

Well, I've scripted up to the first gym. So, I'm almost at the time for an official release. I was wondering, if you guys would settle at one gym, or wait until two/three?

__________________
#
  #66    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
TB Pro's Avatar
TB Pro
Old-timer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Midwestern USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post


Thanks, Panda.

Well, I've scripted up to the first gym. So, I'm almost at the time for an official release. I was wondering, if you guys would settle at one gym, or wait until two/three?

LOL FAGZZZ I SEEN DIS SKREEN B4 U KUZ HARRY LUVS MEH!

Anyways, one gym plzkthxbby. I wanna play Sienna, like, nowz.
__________________
--I'm a creepin'..
  #67    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:56 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse[TB Pro] View Post
LOL FAGZZZ I SEEN DIS SKREEN B4 U KUZ HARRY LUVS MEH!

Anyways, one gym plzkthxbby. I wanna play Sienna, like, nowz.
LOLZORZ IM PLAY1NZ 1T NA0 S0 DERE HE LUVS MEH MAOR!

Ahem. Yeah, it's great so far. Only encountered, like, two minor problems, like the odd movement permission error, or a lacking comma, or whatever, but they're fixed, nao.

Keep up the work, Harry. And yeah, one gym is fien. -coughdoesn'taffectmenananananacough-

lolz max is a *** ingame
__________________
  #68    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:08 AM
558122_DG's Avatar
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
I love the powerfull comment grammar,

Well, Unless to get to 1 gym u have 2 go through alot ex: 2 routees and a cave, then you might wanna consider beyond the 1st gym, also it makes people want to play it more

ex:Jesse[TB]pro
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Spoilers are forbidden in signatures
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #69    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:16 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
HELL YEAH.

I just pissed off Harry. I gotta Shroomish.

He's so spiteful, he's gonna edit his ROM and capture a Mewtwo. LOLOLOL

Btw, Shroomish and Treecko are like the super-mega-hyper rare Pokémon on Colt Pass.

@ above: Yeah, to get to the first gym you have to go through a forest, which to get to you will have to have completed a task. I still haven't got to the Gym, nevermind out of the forest. And, just a hint, TeaRocket ain't easy this tie around.
__________________
  #70    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:20 AM
558122_DG's Avatar
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
I think u prolly should've but the forest thing in spoiler tags... and said yes u have to go through a lot

And how long have u been playing?
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Spoilers are forbidden in signatures
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #71    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:35 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
All day, with a break. And it ain't that big a spoiler.
__________________
  #72    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:50 AM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
The puzzle lookds good for the first gym. :3

However, from what you told me about the gym's type on MSN, I'm not sure the tiles you used suit the gym. :\ But it's purely your choice. :3
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #73    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
TB Pro's Avatar
TB Pro
Old-timer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Midwestern USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master View Post
LOLZORZ IM PLAY1NZ 1T NA0 S0 DERE HE LUVS MEH MAOR!

Ahem. Yeah, it's great so far. Only encountered, like, two minor problems, like the odd movement permission error, or a lacking comma, or whatever, but they're fixed, nao.

Keep up the work, Harry. And yeah, one gym is fien. -coughdoesn'taffectmenananananacough-

lolz max is a *** ingame
ONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.

HARRY WUT IZ DIS? NO MOAR BAK RUBZ 4 U BIATCH.
Anyways, my vote still stands for 1 gym.
__________________
--I'm a creepin'..
  #74    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
ONE GYM!
I WANNA PLAY IT RIGHT NOW!
__________________
  #75    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
/Circa's Avatar
/Circa
a face in the clouds.
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Has this thread turned into one massive spam?

Anyways, I reckon you should decide that as the hacker of the game, it depends on how much play time there is and events, because in the end, if you keep releasing every few gyms people get tired of playing the same thing over again.

But I guess it's all up to you.
__________________
dragging himself, forw
ard again, the pain has
still not diminished. E
ventually though, he e
merges inside a v
ery large room w

here everything about

the house

suddenly

changes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.