The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

View Poll Results: Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?
Designer, yes! (Contact me) 53 24.54%
Spriter, yes! (Contact me) 31 14.35%
Both! (Contact me) 14 6.48%
Nope! 118 54.63%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #201    
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
NikNaks's Avatar
NikNaks
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak A View Post
here's the newest map of the game

<snip>
Just thought I'd chip in with some crit for this, as that's one area where I can. In my opinion, the area is very blocky, with most sections being square or rectangular - there are far too many right angles. This makes it somewhat boring to play and look at, so just try to be more free in your designs. Instead of having a straight line of trees, move some up or down by a tile to give some variation. Also, if I were playing and had to walk the entire height of the map (along the left) in straight line, I would get a little bit tired of it. Hope this helps
__________________
  #202    
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
Freak A's Avatar
Freak A
Back !!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNaks View Post
Just thought I'd chip in with some crit for this, as that's one area where I can. In my opinion, the area is very blocky, with most sections being square or rectangular - there are far too many right angles. This makes it somewhat boring to play and look at, so just try to be more free in your designs. Instead of having a straight line of trees, move some up or down by a tile to give some variation. Also, if I were playing and had to walk the entire height of the map (along the left) in straight line, I would get a little bit tired of it. Hope this helps
Thanks for the critic NikNaks i'll try to improve the map like you said so that i can meet your expectations.

Note: Fans of opal
I'm proud to announce that the forum is now ready for members. Please join and display your work there because you could also be selected or your game could also be selected for hideAki some day.


To visit go to:
http://hideaki.forumotion.com/forum.htm
__________________
If you aint doin anythin you could view my blog: twinkietalks.blogspot.com


and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!

Last edited by Freak A; November 3rd, 2009 at 09:15 AM.
  #203    
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberbecam View Post
Using Pokemon Emerald Tiles makes the game looks somewhat original But the fakemons such as Mimibud is little too plain and empty. Add little more uhmm.. Shadings,Highlighting,Details etc.

Mimibud would look a little.. too detailed for a starter with more.. details. I think it's fine. ;

Add more shading and highlighting, etc? Er.. that.. I think that's fine, but, I am considering using more shades, if that's what you mean. Thank you for the C+C, tho.
__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #204    
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Wichu's Avatar
Wichu
Project Amethyst
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Herts, England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyu~♥! View Post

Mimibud would look a little.. too detailed for a starter with more.. details. I think it's fine. ^^;

Add more shading and highlighting, etc? Er.. that.. I think that's fine, but, I am considering using more shades, if that's what you mean. Thank you for the C+C, tho.
Uh... most starters are pretty detailed. I think the main problem with it is that its body is just a single shade of green, so it looks a bit plain. Although it's similar to Chikorita in that respect, Chikorita has a few details to break up the plainness - for example, its eyes are red instead of green, it has a string of buds around its neck, and it has white toes. By contrast, Mimibud's details are on its head and tail, leaving the rest of the body looking plain. Maybe you could give it little claws and a pattern on its belly or something?
I had the same problem when I designed my starters. For example, Dipleaf's old design was a bit like your Mimibud design; when I saw Mimibud's sprite, it reminded me of my old Dipleaf sprite. If I can add detail to my starters and make them look better, you should be able to too :)
__________________
  #205    
Old November 5th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Uh... most starters are pretty detailed. I think the main problem with it is that its body is just a single shade of green, so it looks a bit plain. Although it's similar to Chikorita in that respect, Chikorita has a few details to break up the plainness - for example, its eyes are red instead of green, it has a string of buds around its neck, and it has white toes. By contrast, Mimibud's details are on its head and tail, leaving the rest of the body looking plain. Maybe you could give it little claws and a pattern on its belly or something?
I had the same problem when I designed my starters. For example, Dipleaf's old design was a bit like your Mimibud design; when I saw Mimibud's sprite, it reminded me of my old Dipleaf sprite. If I can add detail to my starters and make them look better, you should be able to too
I get what you mean now. Sorry to deny so many things like that.
The reason I think Mimibud may look "too detailed" is because of my view of my own style. Mimibud came into my head without much, and that's how it appeared. I can't think of Mimibud with more details - I'm not sure why.. Right now I'm just thinking of it with spines around it's neck - the view of that - it doesn't seem to be in my range of style. I'm sorry to sound stubborn.
Though I really agree that many of my Pokémon are just.. plain.. For some reason, I can't get out of that weird habit! :/
__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #206    
Old November 6th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
hey guys.
I made a new sprite for the game. It's pre-evo may be used to make a banner! (I should make it with the starters, though..)
__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #207    
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Alont's Avatar
Alont
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gender:
You fakemon look great, but numbers 033, 034, and 035 look more like digimon than pokemon
__________________
My Current Pokemon Platinum Team


  #208    
Old November 13th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
That's because Ken Sugimori isn't working for the game. XD Either way it can't always look like a pokemon.
(and if it were a REAL digimon, it's 3rd level would probably have arms made of guns, no kidding... XD)

Guys, don't be afraid to comment. XD
I'm trying to see if I can post a video of a battle or something soon..
__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #209    
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Freak A's Avatar
Freak A
Back !!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Nature: Bold
well here's a pokemon that'll love to walk with you in opal's amity square


revealing the amity square cutie number:1 Mimibud
__________________
If you aint doin anythin you could view my blog: twinkietalks.blogspot.com


and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
  #210    
Old November 18th, 2009, 11:10 AM
GoOnRed
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Looks awesome.
Good luck for your project.:D
  #211    
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Thanks..
The berry bakery is under way~~
I really need to post vids.. <_<
__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #212    
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
~-FIRST OFFICIAL VIDEO NOW ADDED-~


__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #213    
Old November 28th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Freak A's Avatar
Freak A
Back !!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Nature: Bold
Well it looks like you added the OWs but wht was that bitmap thing i have to fix.
__________________
If you aint doin anythin you could view my blog: twinkietalks.blogspot.com


and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
  #214    
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:59 AM
cybermouse8's Avatar
cybermouse8
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to cybermouse8
Tried PMing Nyu about music help but not sure if it got through...was showing 0 messages in my sent items folder.

In brief: I would like to help with the music for this game. I compose and remix music, or whatever. I'd post a URL here if it weren't for the 15-post minimum. Anyway, email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to reply with the URL so you can check out my stuff.
__________________
Tim "Cybermouse" Baker
<:8( )~

"You've stirred up hell--a man after my own heart."
-Father Gregori, Half-Life 2



  #215    
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Professor W.'s Avatar
Professor W.
Squirtle Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: A place.
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Hello! I recently viewed the video, and I must say that it does look promising. However, "breeded" should be "bred." Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with the video, and I look forward to playing the game.

Squirtle!
__________________
Visit my sprite topic at-
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=227637
My Platinum FC is 4812-8755-1726
Prof. W.'s PokePet

Ivysaur the level 31 Ivysaur!
  #216    
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermouse8 View Post
Tried PMing Nyu about music help but not sure if it got through...was showing 0 messages in my sent items folder.

In brief: I would like to help with the music for this game. I compose and remix music, or whatever. I'd post a URL here if it weren't for the 15-post minimum. Anyway, email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to reply with the URL so you can check out my stuff.
Welcome man. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor W. View Post
Hello! I recently viewed the video, and I must say that it does look promising. However, "breeded" should be "bred." Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with the video, and I look forward to playing the game.

Squirtle!
Thank you. I just can't wait to show off the new Amity Square, though. It's going to be filled with a couple minigames, too. It shouldn't take too long to finish, either.
The "breeded" thing, yes, I noticed that, just like saying "brang".. XD English is quite a language.

Freak, you and I need to find a new name for Amity Square.. hmm.. Maybe we should call it the Game Park? :/
What should we name it, guys?


OH YES, ABOUT THE DEMO,
It will be released after we finish the first island in the game. But who knows how long that will take..
__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #217    
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
'ellooooooo..
I am currently working on the Berry Bakery(well, pretty much, Maruno's doing it for us.. so, erm.. THANKS SO MUCH MARUNO!!) and Amity Square. I have no ideas for what to name the new Amity Square. But, it's coming along fine.. just that dependent scripts are so.. wiggly. :/ Ah well. I'm just starting to add minigames into it. But I'm not sure which minigames to add except scavenger hunts and maybe a swimming race or something.
__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #218    
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Some please post! D:

I added new fakemon:
051 Extdentum
052 Sheeba
053 Goaba
054 Llaba
055 Flant
056 Flameen
057 Flantiment
058 Pre-evoHearth
059 EvoHearth
060 Hearth
061 PoisonDragon
__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #219    
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
flairina
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender:
This game isn't dead, is it? This was looking good...
  #220    
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Freak A's Avatar
Freak A
Back !!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Nature: Bold
the game aint dead th viewers are.
__________________
If you aint doin anythin you could view my blog: twinkietalks.blogspot.com


and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
  #221    
Old December 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Vanitas~'s Avatar
Vanitas~
Ink Blot
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
SORRY! My computer was acting up that day, and I didn't see any updates through PC. Those Pokemon (especially the dragon) are adorable! I'm not sure what's going on with the ants and anteater, because they share a color scheme and similar names, but how an ant could evolve into an anteater is just a disturbing and weird concept.
__________________
Theme | Credit | Family
D.Gray-man Fanclub
  #222    
Old December 28th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanitas~ View Post
SORRY! My computer was acting up that day, and I didn't see any updates through PC. Those Pokemon (especially the dragon) are adorable! I'm not sure what's going on with the ants and anteater, because they share a color scheme and similar names, but how an ant could evolve into an anteater is just a disturbing and weird concept.
Flant evovles into a queen ant if it's female at a certain level - Flantiment is like Flant/Flameen's enemy, much like Seviper and Zangoose. Get it?
__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #223    
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:51 PM
Freak A's Avatar
Freak A
Back !!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Nature: Bold
Ok people I have a very BIG anouncement for ya'll

Announcement:

we only have to do 38 sprites (thts a lot) and only 1 maps eventing left till the demo.

The new decade will start with the opal gem like shining demo playing in your computer.




__________________
If you aint doin anythin you could view my blog: twinkietalks.blogspot.com


and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
  #224    
Old December 31st, 2009, 03:40 PM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak A View Post
Ok people I have a very BIG anouncement for ya'll

Announcement:

we only have to do 38 sprites (thts a lot) and only 1 maps eventing left till the demo.

The new decade will start with the opal gem like shining demo playing in your computer.




lol, Freak, every time i let you do an announcement you mislead people. XD
We have at least 38 more fakes to be designed for the whole game..
About 50 Fakemon will be in the demo.. (that's pretty much half)
And yes, 1 map. err.. right? XD
Anyway, don't get too excited, we won't be able to fit any of the features into that place. Unless I think something up.


BUT!!!

Do any of you have a mic? If so, you have a chance of becoming an Official Alpha and Beta Tester to Pokémon Opal..
What I need is for you to tell me. I need some people with mics(of course, I don't have one) to make Pokémon cries for Opal. Why? The demo is almost ready!!!
Don't know how, right? Go here plz! I really need halp. D:
btw, about 50 Pkmn will be in the demo.. and one gym..
After beating the gym, you'll just have to wait. You won't be able to go anywhere else cuz ur strandehd! :D
Thank you.
__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

  #225    
Old January 23rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere!
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
We're not dead.
Wanna to wish you all a happy new year.
XD

More fakes have been designed, and some sprites are under way.
Also, the first gym leader has been designed!

Her name is Sandy. XD
Spoiler:


__________________
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.