The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?
Designer, yes! (Contact me) 53 24.54%
Spriter, yes! (Contact me) 31 14.35%
Both! (Contact me) 14 6.48%
Nope! 118 54.63%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
NikNaks

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak A View Post
here's the newest map of the game

<snip>
Just thought I'd chip in with some crit for this, as that's one area where I can. In my opinion, the area is very blocky, with most sections being square or rectangular - there are far too many right angles. This makes it somewhat boring to play and look at, so just try to be more free in your designs. Instead of having a straight line of trees, move some up or down by a tile to give some variation. Also, if I were playing and had to walk the entire height of the map (along the left) in straight line, I would get a little bit tired of it. Hope this helps
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
Freak A
Back !!!

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNaks View Post
Just thought I'd chip in with some crit for this, as that's one area where I can. In my opinion, the area is very blocky, with most sections being square or rectangular - there are far too many right angles. This makes it somewhat boring to play and look at, so just try to be more free in your designs. Instead of having a straight line of trees, move some up or down by a tile to give some variation. Also, if I were playing and had to walk the entire height of the map (along the left) in straight line, I would get a little bit tired of it. Hope this helps
Thanks for the critic NikNaks i'll try to improve the map like you said so that i can meet your expectations.

Note: Fans of opal
I'm proud to announce that the forum is now ready for members. Please join and display your work there because you could also be selected or your game could also be selected for hideAki some day.

To visit go to:
http://hideaki.forumotion.com/forum.htm

and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!

Last edited by Freak A; November 3rd, 2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberbecam View Post
Using Pokemon Emerald Tiles makes the game looks somewhat original But the fakemons such as Mimibud is little too plain and empty. Add little more uhmm.. Shadings,Highlighting,Details etc.

Mimibud would look a little.. too detailed for a starter with more.. details. I think it's fine. ;

Add more shading and highlighting, etc? Er.. that.. I think that's fine, but, I am considering using more shades, if that's what you mean. Thank you for the C+C, tho.

Old November 5th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyu~♥! View Post

Mimibud would look a little.. too detailed for a starter with more.. details. I think it's fine. ^^;

Add more shading and highlighting, etc? Er.. that.. I think that's fine, but, I am considering using more shades, if that's what you mean. Thank you for the C+C, tho.
Uh... most starters are pretty detailed. I think the main problem with it is that its body is just a single shade of green, so it looks a bit plain. Although it's similar to Chikorita in that respect, Chikorita has a few details to break up the plainness - for example, its eyes are red instead of green, it has a string of buds around its neck, and it has white toes. By contrast, Mimibud's details are on its head and tail, leaving the rest of the body looking plain. Maybe you could give it little claws and a pattern on its belly or something?
I had the same problem when I designed my starters. For example, Dipleaf's old design was a bit like your Mimibud design; when I saw Mimibud's sprite, it reminded me of my old Dipleaf sprite. If I can add detail to my starters and make them look better, you should be able to too :)
Old November 5th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Uh... most starters are pretty detailed. I think the main problem with it is that its body is just a single shade of green, so it looks a bit plain. Although it's similar to Chikorita in that respect, Chikorita has a few details to break up the plainness - for example, its eyes are red instead of green, it has a string of buds around its neck, and it has white toes. By contrast, Mimibud's details are on its head and tail, leaving the rest of the body looking plain. Maybe you could give it little claws and a pattern on its belly or something?
I had the same problem when I designed my starters. For example, Dipleaf's old design was a bit like your Mimibud design; when I saw Mimibud's sprite, it reminded me of my old Dipleaf sprite. If I can add detail to my starters and make them look better, you should be able to too
I get what you mean now. Sorry to deny so many things like that.
The reason I think Mimibud may look "too detailed" is because of my view of my own style. Mimibud came into my head without much, and that's how it appeared. I can't think of Mimibud with more details - I'm not sure why.. Right now I'm just thinking of it with spines around it's neck - the view of that - it doesn't seem to be in my range of style. I'm sorry to sound stubborn.
Though I really agree that many of my Pokémon are just.. plain.. For some reason, I can't get out of that weird habit! :/

Old November 6th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

hey guys.
I made a new sprite for the game. It's pre-evo may be used to make a banner! (I should make it with the starters, though..)

Old November 6th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Alont
Beginning Trainer

You fakemon look great, but numbers 033, 034, and 035 look more like digimon than pokemon

Old November 13th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

That's because Ken Sugimori isn't working for the game. XD Either way it can't always look like a pokemon.
(and if it were a REAL digimon, it's 3rd level would probably have arms made of guns, no kidding... XD)

Guys, don't be afraid to comment. XD
I'm trying to see if I can post a video of a battle or something soon..

Old November 14th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Freak A
Back !!!

well here's a pokemon that'll love to walk with you in opal's amity square

revealing the amity square cutie number:1 Mimibud

and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
Old November 18th, 2009, 11:10 AM
GoOnRed
Beginning Trainer

Looks awesome.
Good luck for your project.:D
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Thanks..
The berry bakery is under way~~
I really need to post vids.. <_<

Old November 28th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

~-FIRST OFFICIAL VIDEO NOW ADDED-~

Old November 28th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Freak A
Back !!!

Well it looks like you added the OWs but wht was that bitmap thing i have to fix.

and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:59 AM
cybermouse8
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to cybermouse8
Tried PMing Nyu about music help but not sure if it got through...was showing 0 messages in my sent items folder.

In brief: I would like to help with the music for this game. I compose and remix music, or whatever. I'd post a URL here if it weren't for the 15-post minimum. Anyway, email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to reply with the URL so you can check out my stuff.

"You've stirred up hell--a man after my own heart."
-Father Gregori, Half-Life 2

Old November 30th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Professor W.
Squirtle Fan

Nature: Timid
Hello! I recently viewed the video, and I must say that it does look promising. However, "breeded" should be "bred." Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with the video, and I look forward to playing the game.

Squirtle!
Prof. W.'s PokePet

Ivysaur the level 31 Ivysaur!
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermouse8 View Post
Tried PMing Nyu about music help but not sure if it got through...was showing 0 messages in my sent items folder.

In brief: I would like to help with the music for this game. I compose and remix music, or whatever. I'd post a URL here if it weren't for the 15-post minimum. Anyway, email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to reply with the URL so you can check out my stuff.
Welcome man. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor W. View Post
Hello! I recently viewed the video, and I must say that it does look promising. However, "breeded" should be "bred." Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with the video, and I look forward to playing the game.

Squirtle!
Thank you. I just can't wait to show off the new Amity Square, though. It's going to be filled with a couple minigames, too. It shouldn't take too long to finish, either.
The "breeded" thing, yes, I noticed that, just like saying "brang".. XD English is quite a language.

Freak, you and I need to find a new name for Amity Square.. hmm.. Maybe we should call it the Game Park? :/
What should we name it, guys?

OH YES, ABOUT THE DEMO,
It will be released after we finish the first island in the game. But who knows how long that will take..

Old December 7th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

'ellooooooo..
I am currently working on the Berry Bakery(well, pretty much, Maruno's doing it for us.. so, erm.. THANKS SO MUCH MARUNO!!) and Amity Square. I have no ideas for what to name the new Amity Square. But, it's coming along fine.. just that dependent scripts are so.. wiggly. :/ Ah well. I'm just starting to add minigames into it. But I'm not sure which minigames to add except scavenger hunts and maybe a swimming race or something.

Old December 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Some please post! D:

I added new fakemon:
051 Extdentum
052 Sheeba
053 Goaba
054 Llaba
055 Flant
056 Flameen
057 Flantiment
058 Pre-evoHearth
059 EvoHearth
060 Hearth
061 PoisonDragon

Old December 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
flairina
Beginning Trainer

This game isn't dead, is it? This was looking good...
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Freak A
Back !!!

the game aint dead th viewers are.

and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
Old December 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Vanitas~
Ink Blot

SORRY! My computer was acting up that day, and I didn't see any updates through PC. Those Pokemon (especially the dragon) are adorable! I'm not sure what's going on with the ants and anteater, because they share a color scheme and similar names, but how an ant could evolve into an anteater is just a disturbing and weird concept.
Old December 28th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanitas~ View Post
SORRY! My computer was acting up that day, and I didn't see any updates through PC. Those Pokemon (especially the dragon) are adorable! I'm not sure what's going on with the ants and anteater, because they share a color scheme and similar names, but how an ant could evolve into an anteater is just a disturbing and weird concept.
Flant evovles into a queen ant if it's female at a certain level - Flantiment is like Flant/Flameen's enemy, much like Seviper and Zangoose. Get it?

Old December 31st, 2009, 02:51 PM
Freak A
Back !!!

Ok people I have a very BIG anouncement for ya'll

Announcement:

we only have to do 38 sprites (thts a lot) and only 1 maps eventing left till the demo.

The new decade will start with the opal gem like shining demo playing in your computer.

and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
Old December 31st, 2009, 03:40 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak A View Post
Ok people I have a very BIG anouncement for ya'll

Announcement:

we only have to do 38 sprites (thts a lot) and only 1 maps eventing left till the demo.

The new decade will start with the opal gem like shining demo playing in your computer.

lol, Freak, every time i let you do an announcement you mislead people. XD
We have at least 38 more fakes to be designed for the whole game..
About 50 Fakemon will be in the demo.. (that's pretty much half)
And yes, 1 map. err.. right? XD
Anyway, don't get too excited, we won't be able to fit any of the features into that place. Unless I think something up.

BUT!!!

Do any of you have a mic? If so, you have a chance of becoming an Official Alpha and Beta Tester to Pokémon Opal..
What I need is for you to tell me. I need some people with mics(of course, I don't have one) to make Pokémon cries for Opal. Why? The demo is almost ready!!!
Don't know how, right? Go here plz! I really need halp. D:
btw, about 50 Pkmn will be in the demo.. and one gym..
After beating the gym, you'll just have to wait. You won't be able to go anywhere else cuz ur strandehd! :D
Thank you.

Old January 23rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

We're not dead.
Wanna to wish you all a happy new year.
XD

More fakes have been designed, and some sprites are under way.
Also, the first gym leader has been designed!

Her name is Sandy. XD
Spoiler:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here