The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Tutorials

Notices

Tutorials Looking for a guide to help you out? Then you're in the right place! We've got everything you need, ranging from Mapping to Music!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:15 AM
simonrule18
Iwant to create my own pokemon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to simonrule18 Send a message via Yahoo to simonrule18
In this tutorial im gonna show you how can extract and translate text from pokemon HG/SS.

Tools:
newpoketext
NdsTools

--------------------------------------------------

1) Extract ALL the files to 'thenewpoketext' folder.

2) Remember to have your Pokemon HG/SS Rom inside thenewpoketext folder.

3) Run thenewpoketext. Once you run thenewpoketext, a Command Prompt will pop up.

4) For the Command Prompt, type in your Rom Name. (So if you have pkmss.nds as your Rom name, then in the Command Prompt you'll type in "pkmss.nds" (without the quotations and press Enter).

5)you'll have a Folder in 'thenewpoketext' folder called "tmp_[rom name here]" Wait for That Folder to be Fully Extracted. (NOTE: DON'T CLOSE THE COMMAND PROMPT, BECAUSE YOU'LL JUST CONFUSE YOURSELF. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED).

6) Open the Folder "tmp_[romnamehere]" and Double Click the "ROOT" Folder. Double Click the "a" folder. Double click the "0" folder. And then Double Click the "2" Folder.

7) Move 7 file to "msgdata" folder.

8) Rename the 7.file to "msg.narc" (without the quotations).

9) Now Back to the Command Prompt, type in "get 43 options.xml" or "getall dialogue.xml" (without the quotations).

10) Edit xml file with Notepad++ translate text but you have to change false = true save in xml file.

11) Go to newpoketext [ patch.xml options or dialogue.xml ].

12) Go to "msgdata" folder rename "msg.narc" and move to "Root/a/0/2".

13) Go To newpoketext "mkrom pkmss.nds"

Last edited by Shinx; April 15th, 2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Flaming_Printer
Beginning Trainer

I was wondering, how do translate text with Notepad++? I never used it before. Unless you just use that to edit and translate in google or babblefish. Nice tutorial, though.
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
simonrule18
Iwant to create my own pokemon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to simonrule18 Send a message via Yahoo to simonrule18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming_Printer View Post
I was wondering, how do translate text with Notepad++? I never used it before. Unless you just use that to edit and translate in google or babblefish. Nice tutorial, though.
translate 43 options open with notepad++ change text japonais to english or...
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM
LoganZezima
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
After I enter the ROM that I want to edit in the cmd prompt, it automatically closes.

EDIT: Ah, I see. You didn't say to put NDStools into the other folder... I got it now.

So... I herd you liek dem?

Last edited by LoganZezima; January 6th, 2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old February 25th, 2010, 04:03 AM
shadowwalke
Beginning Trainer

will this translate everything or just some?
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:57 PM
LevelXProject
Beginning Trainer

Can you translate Black or White too?
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Super Hacker
Beginning Trainer

does it work for any NDS rom, or just for Pokeroms??

Old October 25th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Zee Best
Beginning Trainer

Thanks, makes my life easier by getting some more resources for my game.
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Sliter
Gaijin Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sliter
I tried with Pokemon Platinum but the folders are different from HG/SS:
I want to translate it to my language, which files I should get here? since I have to translate everything

ok I made some mistake but finally got it, for who are going mess in platinum you have to change the file name as well, it will extract the "Msgdata" but platinum use the "pl_msgdata", change like he teached in the tuto... was a pain learning this by myself lol (lost a lot of time and stufsXD)

But I still with problem, I don't know why when I try to patch the xml it (look that) go like it worked, then I create the rom and se that nothing changed ... whats going wrong here ? x-x pls help
I just had to change= false to true lol

Last edited by Sliter; September 27th, 2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: updates I learned stufs XD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links