The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 6th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Gary, the Magic Fairy
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post

As seen here, I've started the task of updating the little battle platforms, for lack of a better term, to the DPPt graphics (I could hack the backgrounds too, but I think that is something that I will wait a while to do, if I do it at all ^^' ). Also, our player Pichu finally appears as a Pichu from the back at the battle's start - believe it or not, that's something I only changed yesterday! XD
I like the new battle platform thingies. They seem more chaotic than the ones in the original games, which works well.

Quote:

When you or a team mate are summoned into battle, you no longer appear from a Pokeball - there's just a slight pause, and then you poof into the scene. ^^' Incidentally, I do want to replace that "Go! Your Name Here!" text with something else, but given the lack of space at that offset, I think the only thing I could change it to is have it simply display the name of whatever character is in front; or I could just erase it altogether. Does anyone have other suggestions?
Just having the name works. Or you could have it say "!" or something... or nothing. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadgod120 View Post
Flash-born? What is Flash-born?
It says in the first post:

"'Flash-born' - the descendants (lacking in sapience and filled with violence) of those Pokemon close to blast-range who managed to survive and reproduce"
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Sweet new screenies Pirca
Glad to see ya back in hacking this
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest
Awwwwwwww.... how cute... wait a minute, err uhh... this hackis is teh mazingness!
Old November 7th, 2009, 06:08 AM
The Smell
Doof-Man

Nature: Adamant
Woohoo! It's back! Finally you found something you could post. The DPP graphics are looking fine, definitely an improvement. Can't wait to see what else is coming up. :D

Old November 7th, 2009, 07:25 AM
cadgod120
Your Rival

Nature: Relaxed
Oh. Didn't remember seeing it. Thanks for informing me.

EDIT: 100th post!

Also, Check out my DeviantART account! Check out my newest deviation HERE! It's a support banner for Pokémon Malachite! :D

Need a banner made for your game or hack, or even a personal banner? I can help! Send me a PM telling me about your game or hack and we'll work something out!

Games and/or hacks I support:
Spoiler:

Old November 7th, 2009, 08:58 AM
addam19
Story Maker

I Love play with Pichu *-* (I have on PMD3 *-*)
Old November 7th, 2009, 09:22 AM
DaVici
DeEmpo

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DaVici
Quote:
When you or a team mate are summoned into battle, you no longer appear from a Pokeball - there's just a slight pause, and then you poof into the scene. ' Incidentally, I do want to replace that "Go! Your Name Here!" text with something else, but given the lack of space at that offset, I think the only thing I could change it to is have it simply display the name of whatever character is in front; or I could just erase it altogether. Does anyone have other suggestions?
You could do something like "[your name here] VS [opponents name here]"

( [opponents name here] should be the same as when you encounter a wild pokemon: "a wild [random pokemon] appeared!")

PS: I'm a fan of both New Jersey quest and super rising thunder. Keep up the brilliant work!

Pokemon Warped

Pokemon Xenotime

Pokemon Malachite

Pokemon Super Rising Thunder

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Pokemon Sienna

Pokemon Identity

Pokemon Chronicles: Sands of time
Old November 7th, 2009, 09:27 AM
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute

Nature: Jolly
Koolio! It's awesome to see this hack up and running again. You pay attention to so much detail. xD. The story,plot, dialogue has the most, but the little things as some of the engine text and gaphics really add to it

So, how did the fanfiction contest go?
Old November 8th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleon-111 View Post
You could do something like "[your name here] VS [opponents name here]"

( [opponents name here] should be the same as when you encounter a wild pokemon: "a wild [random pokemon] appeared!")
So you mean change that text to
Code:
[PLAYER] vs \v[&H03]!
That isn't bad idea ya know... I vote for it
Old November 8th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

How about instea of go! [pokemons name] make it Help me, [pokemon's name]!
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Liquid Shadow
xD

Well, I just read the storyline, and to be honest.. I'm speechless.

This is one of the most promising hacks I've ever seen. Keep it up!

4 truths of life
1. You cannot touch all your teeth with your tongue.
2. All idiots, after reading the first truth, will try it.
3. And discover that the first truth is a lie.
4. You're smiling now because you're an idiot.
Old November 21st, 2009, 07:32 PM
PatJamma
♪I can hear my heart bell♪

Nature: Relaxed
hey for the battle text (the one that normally says go [pokemon name]) you could put something like: [pokemon's name]: Leave it to me! (so it would look like "Pirca: Leave it to me!") or something like that... just throwing an idea out there for ya
Old December 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

Great, Lots of DETAIL, Makes me wish i was a pichu...(ok maybe a shiny raikou). But anyways it looks so pro so far, great work. Yea i agree with the tree thing, doesn't look much natural to me, or box if that helps you feelings, but then again i'm not one to talk about mapping XD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
The last time I played a hack like this
was Rescue Rangers.
This looks as good as it!
Or maybe even better...
Good luck!:D
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Harris59
Spriter

most unique and awesome rom ive ever seen
Spoiler:

As a Proffesional Spriter

Hacks i used to work for:
Spoiler:
Still Working for People
Old December 8th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Nicolas
O c t o j a R e j s t r o m

Nature: Naive
I know that Mjollnir is spelled with 2 "L"s

well actually, I'm quite interested on what this hack's perspective is, good luck with this :D
Old December 18th, 2009, 03:26 AM
~Gary~
PSN: xAzureZePhYr.

yeah the new ones are just awesome i like them a lot
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Anything new Parka?
Do you have any new updates?
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!
Community Supporter Tier 5

I do now, Ash XD I apologize for my rather lengthy absence - I was sick with a respiratory infection and too tired and stuffy and miserable to do much of anything ' But progress should move along at a better pace now that I'm...well...better (And to quickly answer the question that was brought up in my absence - "Mjolnir" is a legitimate alternate spelling for "Mjöllnir", aka Thor's Hammer. "Mjolnir" may not be strictly correct in terms of Norse Mythology, but it's correct for the Raichu character in the game ).

Anyway, what little I've done on the game amid my illness are all graphical and sound based edits. I took the advice I was given early in the thread and added in HGSS grass:

I'm not totally happy with it though - do you have any suggestions?

Also, I did a lot of experimenting with music insertion, looping, and DirectSound instruments, even if I don't have too much to show for it at the moment - only one "new" song is in the game so far, the Pokemon Stadium remix of the Johto Trainer theme =P I put up a new Youtube video to demonstrate the song in action, and included a short clip at the end showing Pirca the pichu running through the new grass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vinROX-rBU
(If someone tells me how to embed, I'll love you forever XD )

I was also thinking about changing and improving the maps; however, I feel that the new version of the "starter town" map I've been working on really isn't all that different from the old, and has all its flaws. Keep in mind of course that this is an incomplete map loaded with placeholder tiles; I am uploading it in this state for advice. Should I continue and finish what I have here (the bushes will be turned into trees, flowers, and other objects; and the trees will NOT look like that on the final map XD ), or should I scrap it because it ultimately isn't an improvement? What can I do to improve it while it's still in the works? I've read the mapping tutorials and I've looked at the work of those with real talent in the area, but I just feel like such a failure when it comes to appealing maps Any help you want to offer, I would really appreciate ^__^

Last edited by Perri Lightfoot; December 28th, 2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old December 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
I do now, Ash XD I apologize for my rather lengthy absence - I was sick with a respiratory infection and too tired and stuffy and miserable to do much of anything ' But progress should move along at a better pace now that I'm...well...better (And to quickly answer the question that was brought up in my absence - "Mjolnir" is a legitimate alternate spelling for "Mjöllnir", aka Thor's Hammer. "Mjolnir" may not be strictly correct in terms of Norse Mythology, but it's correct for the Raichu character in the game ).

Anyway, what little I've done on the game amid my illness are all graphical and sound based edits. I took the advice I was given early in the thread and added in HGSS grass:

Also, I did a lot of experimenting with music insertion, looping, and DirectSound instruments, even if I don't have too much to show for it at the moment - only one "new" song is in the game so far, the Pokemon Stadium remix of the Johto Trainer theme =P I put up a new Youtube video to demonstrate the song in action, and included a short clip at the end showing Pirca the pichu running through the new grass.

I was also thinking about changing and improving the maps; however, I feel that the new version of the "starter town" map I've been working on really isn't all that different from the old, and has all its flaws. Keep in mind of course that this is an incomplete map loaded with placeholder tiles; I am uploading it in this state for advice. Should I continue and finish what I have here (the bushes will be turned into trees, flowers, and other objects; and the trees will NOT look like that on the final map XD ), or should I scrap it because it ultimately isn't an improvement? What can I do to improve it while it's still in the works? I've read the mapping tutorials and I've looked at the work of those with real talent in the area, but I just feel like such a failure when it comes to appealing maps Any help you want to offer, I would really appreciate ^__^

Well, I can see many tile errors with the small trees like you said, but it looks okay If you do add more flowers and trees in place of the bushes...and is an good map...
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:06 PM
yomomma14725
Beginning Trainer

Are electric pokemon the only choices, still looks awesome tho
Old December 29th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomomma14725 View Post
Are electric pokemon the only choices, still looks awesome tho
Nope, only Pichu

Quote:

I think it's kinda too dark and high... maybe you should stick to Ruby one or maybe something from Sinnoh.

Quote:

Wrap the part after = in link with YOUTUBE tags.
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:12 AM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
So you mean change that text to
Code:
[PLAYER] vs \v[&H03]!
That isn't bad idea ya know... I vote for it
Well, I once tried to edit this out!

Wild ---- Appeared, to It's a wild ---.

And guess? The screen kept glitching up. ^-^

And besides, what If Pirca recruited someone else? Now It'd be funny to be:

Flash-born Poochyena appeared!

Pirca vs Poochyena!

Battle Cry: RAICHU!

I do fear that the thing could only be fixed with: My Turn!

Last edited by NatureKeeper; December 29th, 2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Then you'll be banned to use someone else :D
Yeah you are right but I don't think there's other way...
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:13 PM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Then you'll be banned to use someone else :D
Yeah you are right but I don't think there's other way...
Well, there is.

'Let's go!'
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links