• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Sparkling Yellow

What region should I add after Kanto?

• Johto

Votes: 182 43.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 58 13.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 47 11.3%
  • Orre

Votes: 129 31.0%

• Total voters

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
thats cool. i cant wait for a beta! also can i be a beta tester *IF AVAILABLE* i did beta testing with hacks but it wont be much differnt

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
I got an idea, a team rocket owned "ranch" which is illegal without a license, its filled with poached pokemon, they are stronger than usual and more pricey but they also have a chance of disobeying...

Atomic Reactor

I got an idea, a team rocket owned "ranch" which is illegal without a license, its filled with poached pokemon, they are stronger than usual and more pricey but they also have a chance of disobeying...

That's a really good idea.
I would totally be for that idea.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
thats cool. i cant wait for a beta! also can i be a beta tester *IF AVAILABLE* i did beta testing with hacks but it wont be much differnt

I actually am restarting the game over so the beta won't be out for a couple of months probably.

Wow great work !!!!

I love the graphics :D

this seems great, cant wait to play :)
seems like you worked hard, good luck with it :)

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Hmm, not a bad idea. Maybe, I will put it in Celadon City! Thanks for the help!

So, I have good news...and NO bad news :)

I just bought my laptop today, and Pokemon Essentials runs great! Now, it actually loads. So, be expecting some new updates, features, and hopefully some new tiles from Alucus!

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Where can i download this?

The game isn't available for download yet.

I have some bad news. This glitch is happening to me again. I am now starting to think it was when I transfered over the files. I am having some thoughts that I may need to restart the game...AGAIN

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
Why have so many people voted for Johto? It's the most overused region in fangames and hacks. Why not vote Orre? I'd totally would love to see Orre in GBA/DS style. That would be something really fresh and not obvious (like Johto).

BR25

The guy who loses at everythin
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
well there would be many reasons for Jhoto and orre like i have a reason for both of them
Johto: It might be becouse its there faviored region (like me i love jhoto)
Orre: Its only been seen in 3D it would look very good i DS or GBA style BUT how would you move around the map now? lots of new routes? train? bus?

This game is a really great idea

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
Years
Dude the spoiler in Downloads got my hopes up, I was like, "WHAT? A BETA?" Then I open the spoiler and my hopes are crushed.

But this does seem like a good game! And I think you should put the Orre or Johto region in, but Orre would be more original, and would add more supporters and to the game if you add more to the region.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Dude the spoiler in Downloads got my hopes up, I was like, "WHAT? A BETA?" Then I open the spoiler and my hopes are crushed.

But this does seem like a good game! And I think you should put the Orre or Johto region in, but Orre would be more original, and would add more supporters and to the game if you add more to the region.

Maybe because Johto fits in with Kanto?

well there would be many reasons for Jhoto and orre like i have a reason for both of them
Johto: It might be becouse its there faviored region (like me i love jhoto)
Orre: Its only been seen in 3D it would look very good i DS or GBA style BUT how would you move around the map now? lots of new routes? train? bus?

This game is a really great idea

I would add the scooter thingy. :P

Why have so many people voted for Johto? It's the most overused region in fangames and hacks. Why not vote Orre? I'd totally would love to see Orre in GBA/DS style. That would be something really fresh and not obvious (like Johto).

Haha sorry. And if I get johto/Orre done, maybe I will add another region, then another, until I have all of the regions :D

So, some of you may know, the bug has arrived AGAIN! I am sending the video to Wichu to see if he can fix it. Hopefully he can. If not, then ANOTHER REVAMP :D Yeah not really T^T

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
Years
I'm sorry if my post seemed rude to you. I hope your game progress goes well but i still don't like fr/lg tiles (I UNDERSTAND THAT HE'S GONNA MAKE CUSTOM TOO!) but i really like the old ones. They were just perfect >.<'

PS: Some things in my old post i didn't mean sry!

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I'm sorry if my post seemed rude to you. I hope your game progress goes well but i still don't like fr/lg tiles (I UNDERSTAND THAT HE'S GONNA MAKE CUSTOM TOO!) but i really like the old ones. They were just perfect >.<'

PS: Some things in my old post i didn't mean sry!

It's fine ^_^

I got 2 screenshots showing the new graphics. The tree tiles may change. Credit to Kyledove for the graphics.

15owcg9.jpg
281bfi9.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for the JPEG Format. Apparently TinyPic doesn't like .png screenshots :P
EDIT2: Check my siggy for the official website link.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
It's fine ^_^

I got 2 screenshots showing the new graphics. The tree tiles may change. Credit to Kyledove for the graphics.

15owcg9.jpg
281bfi9.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for the JPEG Format. Apparently TinyPic doesn't like .png screenshots :P
EDIT2: Check my siggy for the official website link.

Those screens are beautiful! I love the new tiles, they look great!

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Alright, so um UPDATE TIME!

=======================
Part I - What's been going on
=======================

Ok, so much to do.
First, I need to edit the first post :P
So lately, I have been talking with Novus/English Kiwi (Don't know if he changed it) and we have come up with some Great ideas. (I started them, and he IMPROVED THEM A LOT)
So...I shall tell you them.

=======================
Part II - Treasures/Treasure Hunters
=======================

Scattered throughout the entire Kanto Region + Whatever region you guys choose, there are hidden treasures. You will have to search EVERYWHERE to find these treasures. There will be 30 of them. (So far that's what's planned) So, what do these treasures do? They unlock secret...things :D
Here they are:
8 - Secret Areas
10 - Secret Pokemon
10 - Secret Items
2 - Legendaries

But, there is this "Squad" called the Vantik Squad. (Name may change)
They are basically like Team Rocket, except they try to steal the treasures YOU find!
More info to come :D
=======================
Part III - Shakeable Trees
=======================

These trees are replaced by cuttable trees in certain areas.
By shaking these trees, you are able to get certain items. It's a 2 out of 5 chance. So, a 40% chance of getting an item.

Remember, these trees are shakeable ONCE A DAY!

=======================
Part IV - Bank System
=======================

I DO NOT PLAN TO COPY LUKA'S IDEA!
I was talking to Novus, and he helped me come up with a bank system. Plus, I was already using it from a previous project.

So, with the bank system, you can:

Check how much money you have in the bank.
Deposit Money
Withdraw Money

The system is really simple, I will just need to add some new features.

That's it! Make sure to vote on the poll, post, and visit the website.

LightEspeon ♥!

Espeon is awesome!
Years
Cool! Johto region!
i WANT this hack it sounds cool!
also , how old are the Player Characters?

Um I sent the thing to be a team member
my username is "SillyPK"...
I always wanted to be part of a hack..
thats not my sisters

Last edited:
Back