The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Okay as you all know there are tons of bugs, oddities. so as co-owner of Liquid Crystal please tell me the stuff you generally don't like about the hack. Post it here so we can make sure that Liquid Crystal is completed bug-free for beta 3. Even if you need help solving a problem with Bugs, post it here and we'll sort it out.

So far problems include:
Sprites (loads of people love/ hate sprites like charizard).
weather effect palettes messing up.
freezing in battles, due to bad assembly.
Some music sound's strange.
Graphical based problems. (I'm obviously going to change everything )
World Map palettes and tiles have been changed. It was a little dull before.
New maps, some people genuinely liked the HG/ SS maps so we're doing our own renditions of the routes.
Pryce's Piloswine on 2nd battle
Talking to Scientist Ross
The Admins of the electric type team don't have names
Trainers have odd names like Fishermen Zelk
Trainers have $0
A Bird Keeper in the Orange Is. has Remoraid
Bruno has a Machop (O.0)

So, if you have anymore problems/ ideas feel free to post. Try not to post the same things, I won't answer more than 2 to the same question. Please read each others posts carefully before posting.

Before Mod's say "There's another thread for that". This is for our development purpose as well as general troubleshooting. So don't close this.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.

Last edited by Zeikku™; December 9th, 2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:55 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Known glitches that have been mentioned:
Pryce's Piloswine on 2nd battle
Talking to Scientist Ross
The Admins of the electric type team don't have names
Trainers have odd names like Fishermen Zelk
Trainers have $0
A Bird Keeper in the Orange Is. has Remoraid
Bruno has a Machop (O.0)

Unknown glitches:
Post will be edited when I do another playthrough
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Alright that's cool, I'll add it to the list.

Old December 10th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Arab
Beginning Trainer

So,I will post it here....

Kadabra sucks :D,every time when my rival sends it the game will freeze...i have 2 saved files but i saves the game in emulator,which can be big problem....1.file is before he sends Kadabra,it´s his Magneton and 2. file is freezed game with Kadabra...

I am stupid with this things,I tried to patch file one again but it´s the same problem again....what i can do? I don´t want to lose my saves...please help...

Oh,and in Dragons Den you can walk through water...
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:26 AM
hack99
Beginning Trainer

I also found a bug. In the battle tower, Gold is up there on the battle tower and if you use the ghost cheat and talk to it, it will freeze the game. Same with Zane in celadon city.
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:25 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack99 View Post
I also found a bug. In the battle tower, Gold is up there on the battle tower and if you use the ghost cheat and talk to it, it will freeze the game. Same with Zane in celadon city.
"Bugs" aren't bugs if you use cheats to find them.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old December 11th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
So,I will post it here....

Kadabra sucks :D,every time when my rival sends it the game will freeze...i have 2 saved files but i saves the game in emulator,which can be big problem....1.file is before he sends Kadabra,it´s his Magneton and 2. file is freezed game with Kadabra...

I am stupid with this things,I tried to patch file one again but it´s the same problem again....what i can do? I don´t want to lose my saves...please help...

Oh,and in Dragons Den you can walk through water...
It's an assembly bug, I'll get back to you tonight with the answer to get around that bug. But it will be fixed in the final version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack99 View Post
Don't use cheats on any hack. There will always be problems, for that the bug you reported is invalid to us.

Old December 11th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

My crocanw seems to be learning moves for a quilava ...
y?
Old December 11th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
My crocanw seems to be learning moves for a quilava ...
y?
you mean attacks like smokescreen, ember, flame wheel, quick attack etc?

Old December 11th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
The fatal bug that made me stop playing it
When I battled Silver in Victory Road, my game froze. I forgot to save...
Old December 11th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
you mean attacks like smokescreen, ember, flame wheel, quick attack etc?
yeah y it do dat?
........ so confusing
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:27 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Some Pokemon won't evolve.
The weather can be glitchy, and turn the color black.
Some trainers in Team Statics Hideout use non-electric Pokemon. What is Team Static going to be replaced with?

That is some more I have. I like Magnius music.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Arab
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
It's an assembly bug, I'll get back to you tonight with the answer to get around that bug. But it will be fixed in the final version.

Don't use cheats on any hack. There will always be problems, for that the bug you reported is invalid to us.
Ok,I sent to you my folder with game and saves...hope you will answer me soon...

And,when will be released the last beta?
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
smeagol350
hines86

my game crashes when i go up to the three rats (entei,suicune,raikou) please help
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:58 AM
Live Update King
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Yahoo to Live Update King
Seems like this thread should be moved to the ROM Hacking section
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:16 AM
Ivee
Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
It's been awhile since I played it, but after the Suicune/Eusine event in Cianwood (when Suicune runs on the water), surfing on the water will mess the game up. I'm trying to remember... the sprite was sort of gliding and I couldn't get back on land at all. Avoiding surfing until you enter a house or something and then coming back out will bypass this problem. If need be, I can play up to this part again and take pics.

Oh yeah, and I forget if it was this way in the original games, but I found it weird that the Poliwag family couldn't learn Ice Punch o.o
Old June 25th, 2013, 05:33 AM
xyz1357
Unhatched Egg

Hi there. First of all, amazing game this is, Liquid Crystal. I am enjoying it a lot, can't wait for the updates to continue with the Orange League after the first island. I have experienced some glitches, but nothing that really affects what i can do in the game etc, so it's nothing major, apart from the cave where you catch Zapdos. I have already done that step with the flutes and all that and catched Moltres and Articuno, but the entrance for Zapdos is not accessible, the cave opening is blocked by 2 rocks, not even with the walk through walls cheat can i go into the cave. The original writing on the wall is still there, but shows nothing when i click on it. But the cave entrance itself is blocked and i can't get in. Thanks again for the great game. Other things was the fact that the guy who teaches Dragon Claw, my Dragonite can't learn it....
Old June 25th, 2013, 04:57 PM
0xTidusx0

I Have never experienced some of the bugs mentioned, except the "Strange Trainer Names" one, wich is not actually a bug. In fact i have no complaints whatsoever of this hack, since it's the best one i've ever played ( 60 hrs of gameplay so far ).

But i did came across some bugs:

- Sometimes, even after collecting a berry, the sprite does not dissapear;
- After the whole dragon's den event, clair stays outside of the little house (The one where the old guy gives you a dratini), when i tried to speak to her, she would say: ''This message prevents the game from crashing'';
- Some music, does sound strange;
- Sometimes i could not Dive. (Specially in that little cave, in cinnabar, near the PC)
- Some areas are not "walkable"

I missed the Coin Amulet ...
I was actually making a list of bugs, as i do with all the hacks i play, but i got so into this one, that i just wanted to play. Some say a hack will never be so good as a game, but this one is

( Oh... Just realized how old this is... But n'ways, i do hope you, creators get this )

Last edited by 0xTidusx0; June 25th, 2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Mrbobby

Whenever I check summary of a Pokemon I get a black screen. Anyone know how to fix this
Old July 28th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Ft

Hey, I've played your Liquid Crystal hack extensively and I must say I am impressed. Throughout my Liquid Crystal journey I have compiled what I believe to be a 100 percent complete list of bugs and anomalies. I mean every single detail even the smallest errors like a random question mark found in one of the characters dialogue boxes. I even have screenshots of every anomaly found. Just contact me or repost this if Mr. Linkandzelda would like my email so I can show you what I found. I know the last post was 2009 so maybe you don't give a damn but I'm just sayin I could help you out in perfecting this amazing piece you created.

---Ft
Old July 28th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft View Post
Hey, I've played your Liquid Crystal hack extensively and I must say I am impressed. Throughout my Liquid Crystal journey I have compiled what I believe to be a 100 percent complete list of bugs and anomalies. I mean every single detail even the smallest errors like a random question mark found in one of the characters dialogue boxes. I even have screenshots of every anomaly found. Just contact me or repost this if Mr. Linkandzelda would like my email so I can show you what I found. I know the last post was 2009 so maybe you don't give a damn but I'm just sayin I could help you out in perfecting this amazing piece you created.

---Ft
You can just send it to LaZ or Zeikku without asking
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:36 AM
bashau
Distinct Phantom

Nature: Docile
where can download the beta at
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:53 AM
DavidKim0601

idk if this is a big deal or not, but im using a shiny gyarados in liquid crystal, but i cant teach it earthquake.. 0.o arent gyaradoses supposed to be able to use equake? help please
Old August 9th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKim0601 View Post
idk if this is a big deal or not, but im using a shiny gyarados in liquid crystal, but i cant teach it earthquake.. 0.o arent gyaradoses supposed to be able to use equake? help please
Not in 2nd generation.
It can use it from 3rd generation onward =)
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:18 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
This is generally an old thread, considering the Beta in question has long since been surpassed by a newer release. This thread was revived back in July and was somehow missed- not a big deal, but it's just old and dusty enough to warrant a close, since the issues have been dealt with and this thread isn't being viewed by the hack owners nowadays anyway. So.. closing. :P

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links