The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:37 PM
craZ pokefan
BEST POKEMON FAN EVER!

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
my idea is that you start ina a police boot camp and you get your starter a hoothoot if ur a boy or a growlithe if ur a girl. after u get ur starter u learn how to battle and den you learn how to arrest a team rocket/aqua/magma player.
you earn up to ten star badges and then you can get into the military and choose which move type you would like to use (fire,water,ice,grass,etc.)

hope you like
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:46 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by craZ pokefan
my idea is that you start ina a police boot camp and you get your starter a hoothoot if ur a boy or a growlithe if ur a girl. after u get ur starter u learn how to battle and den you learn how to arrest a team rocket/aqua/magma player.
you earn up to ten star badges and then you can get into the military and choose which move type you would like to use (fire,water,ice,grass,etc.)
This seems to be more of a game concept than a storyline.

Why do you necessarily have to join the military and choose a specific type of Pokemon to use when you start out in law enforcement - The military and police force are completely different entities and have a whole range of different skills and objectives under normal circmstances. Besides, wouldn't you just get up graded to SWAT or become a police commissioner or something like that?

Last edited by DrFuji; November 28th, 2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM
labox
Spriter extraordinaire (sorta)

Nature: Bold
What if you play as oak. You hear that ash has gone missing and you set out to search the world. you start out with all three starters of wherever you are, and you must interrogate the gym leaders but find out nothing until the last gym, you hear he's been trapped in a deep cave cornered by all of the major legendaries. However you run into either mewtwo or lugia (a lighthearted legendary, any of those will do) and they decide to help you free them, you find the cave and battle consecutively through the legendrys, making them retreat to wherever they reside. you make it to ash and evil has corrupted him and he attacks you. you beat him as he faints and you take hm to pallette town where evil is extracted from him. what do you think?

Last edited by labox; November 28th, 2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:13 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by labox
What if you play as oak. You hear that ash has gone missing and you set out to search the world. you start out with all three starters of wherever you are, and you must interrogate the gym leaders but find out nothing until the last gym, you hear he's been trapped in a deep cave cornered by all of the major legendaries. However you run into either mewtwo or lugia (a lighthearted legendary, any of those will do) and they decide to help you free them, you find the cave and battle consecutively through the legendrys, making them retreat to wherever they reside. you make it to ash and evil has corrupted him and he attacks you. you beat him as he faints and you take hm to pallette town where evil is extracted from him. what do you think?
That could work, but from the way I'm seeing it, the story only seems to be kicking in at the end of the game. I mean, yes; you do have an underlying plot that links to trying to achieve an objective (Rescuing Ash), but until the 8th Gym, from what you have descibed, basically nothing at all happens. Just think about the R/S/E storyline - Before you get into an epic battle with Kyogre/ Groudon, there is a multitude of objectives (Mt Chimney event, Team Magma/ Aqua Hideout etc.) that you must clear before you get to the battle - I can see no such events right now. I'd strongly advise you to lengthen out your story so that some larger aspects of it takes place during the game, rather than once you have all eight badges. It will keep the player intrested in the game and give a lot more depth to the storyline if completed correctly.

You'd think that Oak would be a bit more communication-savvy and be able to call up the Leaders and ask where Ash is, rather than wandering around a region for god-knows-how-long and then questioning them, rather than battling.

Far be it from me to question the desires of the oh so mighty legendaries, I'm not quite sure why they'd want to get rid of Ash and randomly infect him with evil. Regular Ash actually want to look after them, so in all likeliness, 'Evil Ash' would probably try to nuke them or something. Is it because he has captured them so many times over the years that they thought they would turn the tables against him?

Mewtwo (Or at least, Anime Mewtwo) isn't really seen to be the most 'light-hearted' of Pokemon. I'd be leaning more towards the the 'cute' legendaries (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc.) if I wanted a Pokemon like that.

By the way, how would one 'extract evil'? :P

/twocents
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:35 PM
labox
Spriter extraordinaire (sorta)

Nature: Bold
I was just laying the basis of the story, obviously more would take place but i was just jotting down whatever ran through my head, maybe oak was thinking heck no nobody's gonna screw with my ash, when i said lighthearted i didnt quite mean it, at the end of the first movie though mewtwo turned somewhat "good" and that is what i was referring to, and maybe bill the pokemaniac gets thrown in to use his machine that joined him to a pokemon and they throw ash into it and separates him from evil, then they have a pure evil pokemon (some fakemon, i should come up with one) that alarms another legendary not used in the cave (lets say raquaza) and he goes to the scene and you have an all out brawl, maybe tie in deoxys somehow but i have no idea on how to do that, eventually i want an all out brawl in the end that you and ash have to fend off, i think that would be awesome, i do apreciate your opinions though and i really hope i can do this when i learn how to hack decently. =P

Old December 4th, 2009, 05:00 AM
SkyBlue
I'm in love...with Ash!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBlue
Yeah...

Well, here's mine.

You're a new Trainer in the region of Xelion. Xelion has been terrorized by a group called Night Followers who believe that the world has gone too far to be saved, and so, they are stealing Pokemon so they can go to another planet and watch as the one they left behind gets destroyed by the apocalypse. When you go to Beautisweet City, they pounce upon you for the first time. However, they get astounded by your battling abilities with your starter (either a Pikachu, Pachirisu or Elekid). A former Night Follower in Beautisweet tells you about a prophecy that a Trainer with the starter you chose will display amazing battling abilities and defeat the evil in Xelion.

You decide to face the Gym Leaders, who are all either Night Followers or people looking to defeat them. One of the anti-NF Gym Leaders, Marionetta/Marion (gender depends on the player character's, if female, M's female, if male, M's male), decides to follow you around, and soon, you are the best of friends.

Prof. Vatika, the Prof. who gave you the starter, will come and tell you about all she's learned about the Night Followers. M will react badly to the news that they converted the Xelion E4 to their cause, and wonders if the nightmare of the Night Followers will never end.

Soon enough, M is abducted and you rescue him/her from the Night Followers. One of the NF Gym Leaders, Dorio, realizes that he went the wrong way, and helps you battle the Elite Four in the Xelion League. M tries to help when you reach the champ, Nightmare, also the leader of Night Followers, but is quickly silenced when Nightmare's Medimare (Fakemon) uses Psychic on him/her and pins him/her to the ground. He tells you that the only way to save M is to battle him and lose.

You have to decide. When you win the battle without meaning to, he starts choking M with Constrict, but is suddenly stopped when Dorio's Electivire bursts in and faints his Medicham, freeing M. Officer Jenny bursts in and handcuffs Nightmare. He orders his admin, Surger, to battle with you.

Surger is, in game terms, the true champion of the Xelion League. He has a powerful team, but your team proves to be the stronger team. With honor, Surger bows down to the new champion of Xelion, YOU, the prophesied one, as Nightmare is taken away, kicking and screaming.

M decides he/she is happiest when he/she is traveling with you, and so gives up the position as Beautisweet's Gym Leader. All the other anti-NF Gym Leaders applaud his/her decision, and elect Surger as the new Beautisweet Gym Leader.

So, happy ending. M's your rival, more or less, since he/she follows you around.

All the cities and towns in order:

Charmecoon Town (start here, "The Charming Little Town!")

Ponyshroud Town ("The Town Shrouded With Ponyta!" First PC and PM here)

Beautisweet City ("The Beautiful City of Sweetness", battle Marionetta/Marion here, and he/she starts following you)

Creston City ("The Stormy City", Gym Leader: Winger, Night Follower)

Nightshore Town ("The Night Shores Town", no Gym Leader, but plenty of Night Followers)

Valiantfort City ("The Valiant City", Gym Leader: Dorio, secretly a Night Follower. Plenty of police)

Hearthotel City ("A Hotel City for Broken Hearts", Gym Leader: Heart, anti-NF. Prof. meets up with you here)

Mystica Town ("The Mystical and Mysterious Town", a little foggy here, Gym Leader: Mysteria, anti-NF)

Legendroar City ("The Roaring City of Legends", full of Cool Trainers and Pokefans. PokeMart sells EVERYTHING, though. Gym Leader: Joey, NF)

Ratstink Village ("The Non-Corrupt Village", ironically. People are corrupt here, and M hates it. Nightmare grew up here, too. Gym Leader: Leech, NF.)

Meltpot City ("The Transdimensional Melting Pot of Xelion". Transdimensional because a lot of cameos FROM OTHER SHOWS and from THE POKEMON ANIME AND MANGA are here. M is drowning in happy here. More fangirly/fanboyish than happy. Gym Leader: Ritzy, anti-NF. She and M are cousins, so they're really fangirling or fanboying in Marion's case over the denizens of Meltpot. Cue sweatdrop.)

Freeway Village ("Freedom for Xelion!" Battle the E4 and Nightmare here!)

E4:

Cascader
Water-type
Female

Grassenda
Grass-type
Female, Cascader's sis

Poilar
Poison-type
Male, Grassenda's boyfriend

Dragoterra
Dragon-type
Male, Poilar's bro

Oh boy. This isn't quick.

"Our hearts are made of fragile glass. One crack and we have no more heart. We must take care of it."

Last edited by SkyBlue; December 4th, 2009 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Laptop killed my post by accident
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:59 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBlue
Xelion has been terrorized by a group called Night Followers who believe that the world has gone too far to be saved, and so, they are stealing Pokemon so they can go to another planet and watch as the one they left behind gets destroyed by the apocalypse.
So the 'Night Followers' are doomsday believers, eh? What sort of doomsday are we talking about - Will it be it man-made, ecological, titanic clash of legendaries or none of the above?

Right now, I'm seeing this group in the same light as Team Galactic - They are a fanatical cult and are litterally searching for a better world in which to live. While they may not be fanatics in your eyes (They could be super-intelligent cyborgs who have made an educated decsion based on an accurate observation over several years, gone over all of the data and possibilities to save the highest feasible number of people possible for all I know), what I'm going to write is all based in the idea that they are psychotic fanatics.

Quote:
However, they get astounded by your battling abilities with your starter (either a Pikachu, Pachirisu or Elekid).
I have a problem with these starters that you have proposed. They all have completely different evolution lines, or at starting points that do not corespond to each other. Elekid is technically a 'Baby' Pokemon, while Pikachu is a 'Basic' Pokemon - You need to have them be on the same page, by either starting out with a Pichu in stead of Pikachu, or Electabuzz instead of Elekid.

Pachirisu, on the doesn't evolve at all, whilst the Pikachu/Electabuzz families can both progress to a third and final form (That's if you're planning to include Electiver - If not, you have even more problems :/) so they will not be balanced evolution-wise.

Finally, I personally have a problem with a trio of all Electric-starters. The freedom to choose your starter's type generally allows for multiple playthroughs and the ability to balance your team differently each time. Right now, all I can see is a choice between: good speed, good attack and good at being useless :/

tl;dr, you really need to clean up your starter trio.

Quote:
One of the NF Gym Leaders, Dorio, realizes that he went the wrong way, and helps you battle the Elite Four in the Xelion League.
If the Night Followers really believe in the Apocalyse being nigh, then why would someone suddenly reject the docterine at the last moment and strive to stop people who are just going to blast off into space and never be heard of again? It seems like a deathbed confession/ repentance, and right now I'm not to keen on it (Have a look at one of my lower points for elaboration).

Quote:
He tells you that the only way to save M is to battle him and lose.

You have to decide. When you win the battle without meaning to, he starts choking M with Constrict, but is suddenly stopped when Dorio's Electivire bursts in and faints his Medicham, freeing M.
lol wut? XD

He can just tell you to hand over your Pokemon to his growing collection, otherwise he would strangle your partner - That seems like the smart thing to do :/

Quote:
With honor, Surger bows down to the new champion of Xelion, YOU, the prophesied one, as Nightmare is taken away, kicking and screaming.
Once again, deathbed repentance? :P

What ever happenned to the fear of an Appocalyse? Just because you beat the leader of the Night Followers/ Suger, it doesn't mean that suddenly the Apocalyse won't take place - At least in the Night Follower's minds. You were prophecised to 'beat the evil in Xelion', not to 'narrowly avert the Apocalyse'. While the group would certainly weakened beyond all recognisible doubt, their aim of escaping the Earth should be as clear and urgent as ever. They seem to be fanatics, you cannot stop them from believing that they will die unless they are able to escape from Earth.

Quote:
All the other anti-NF Gym Leaders applaud his/her decision, and elect Surger as the new Beautisweet Gym Leader.
Why? He tried to kill steal Pokemon. Surely he should be locked up or reprimanded, rather than being rewarded. What's going to happen to the other Gym Leaders who supported the Night Followers?

I feel like the Night Followers could have a grander plan, as right now they fit within the 'psychotic team' mold, but... They seem to be lacking something... I'm not exactly sure what that 'something' is, but they I feel that they don't have a 'spark'.

I have an issue with the sudden turn around of NPCs, but I'm sure you've picked that up by now :P

Sorry about the massive amounts of text, its just how I roll - I wish you luck with your storyline and subsequent hack. XD
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:10 AM
SkyBlue
I'm in love...with Ash!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBlue
Oops, sorry...it's just that I'm new to making storylines for ROM hacks and that one was off the top of my head and right onto the thread. Besides that, I can't really hack...

Thanks, though. I'll try and edit the storyline...

"Our hearts are made of fragile glass. One crack and we have no more heart. We must take care of it."
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Airuku
Beginning Trainer

Title: Pokémon: The Forlorn Saga

Story: You start in a new island region not unlike the Sevii and Orange islands. The protagonist, based off TCG character or Macey depending on gender, has just graduated from the Pokémon Academy at the age of 14 and is ready to take on the Island League with their newly obtained Eevee...

But then something happens involving the new branch of Team Rocket. Now you must get your revenge against the team with your Ghost Eevee evolution. You gain information and resources as a Pokémon Mercenary and fight to gain your humanity. A certain legendary Pokémon has its own plans for you, however.

Features:
-Island Region as well as possible trips to existing areas in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.
-A regional Pokédex for the islands including the native Pokémon.
-An adventure that differs from the traditional 8 gym format.
-A new evolution for Eevee.
-A darker story involving Team Rocket and the mystery behind Ghost Pokémon.
-Protagonists based off characters you may just remember, but never got much attention.

How’s that sound? Suggestions and ideas?
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:20 AM
brandon7422
Beginning Trainer

My plan was to have two regions. My made up and maybe one from johto or hoen. So heres the just of it.
You start out like normal but you won't get your pokemon from a professor but instead a Mystery man travelling from a different region (Johto or hoen). There he tells you how peaceful things are here compared to his region, when it comes to battling. He thinks that you could stop it so, he challenges you to beat the gyms and the elite 4 in your region (name still in progress) and when your done he will find you and take you to his region to help him sort things out (that way you'll be stong enough).Through out this journey you'll run into a childhood friend that moved away and is now being recruited like you but the "mystery man only needs one of you, so its a race to become the best. Along the way you will discover pokemon from your region (mix of Kanto and the region i don't pick....either johto or hoen). New events involving most of the legendaries ( not all because there's too many).

Still a work in progress
Old December 26th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Third idea, but since I'm getting back into the spirit, I might as well say what I have. It's more basic then the other two, but since I'm pretty much starting out, I wouldn't be able to do it yet. And it is a prequel to the second idea.

In the region of Altoria, before the corruption, before the Licentia, and before the region was split into two, there was a Pokemon League. It was successful, and brought in a bunch of trainers. You are a trainer that will go on a journey in the region, but you will be one of the last as well.

In the shadows, a team known as Team Enel existed, ateam that threatens the peace in Southern Altoria, as well as the balance of the world itself. This team's goal: To summon Jirachi to wish that every last pokemon did not exist. Now, if this were to happen, then life itself would die off, but most of the team never thinks of that fact, due to their ignorance and stupidity. The leader knows this all too well, and still goes after it.

Then the jail break occurred, allowing some of the most dangerous criminals free. These dangerous criminals also threaten the peace, and they often war with Team Enel. Their goal? To do what they want. They have no formal name to one another, but to everyone else, they're known as the Legion. The reason for their alliance is so that they wouldn't get overpowered by the police.

With the insane, hypocritical team, and desperate, power-hungry criminals, will you be able to last in the region? Can you become the Champion of the region? Well, the second question I can answer, and that is a big NO. You'll find out why later on, but it should be pretty obvious.
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:14 AM
SkyStar
is a Sith Lord

Nature: Adamant
Does anyone like the idea of a hack based off the old chateau
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Dimentio
And it is a prequel to the second idea.
Can I see it? :P

Quote:
Now, if this were to happen, then life itself would die off, but most of the team never thinks of that fact, due to their ignorance and stupidity. The leader knows this all too well, and still goes after it.
Cyrus reborn?

I'm sensing an alterior motive at this point :P

Quote:
These dangerous criminals also threaten the peace, and they often war with Team Enel. Their goal? To do what they want.
Quote:
The reason for their alliance is so that they wouldn't get overpowered by the police.
If their only reason to band together is to protect themselves from the police (Which is obviously a smart thing to do), why would they 'war' with Team Enel? Money? Material? Influence? Revenge? They would be wasting their own time and resources fighting an enemy that isn't activly hunting them down like the police - My alterior motive sense is tingling.

Anyway, there is very little to criticise here, so kudos to you. You've obviously though hard about it and this is definately a firm basis. Keep at it, and I hope this translates into a wonderful game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon
Does anyone like the idea of a hack based off the old chateau
Can you elaborate on any ideas you have in relation to this?
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:51 AM
SkyStar
is a Sith Lord

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post

Can you elaborate on any ideas you have in relation to this?
Actually I was wondering how much everyone liked the idea
Old December 31st, 2009, 03:33 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon
Actually I was wondering how much everyone liked the idea
This is a storyline thread - It is not to decide whether the settings for hacks are good unless it is in the story :P
Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:31 PM
Pika_Pika_Chu
Beginning Trainer

Location: Brazil. yeah actually I'm LIVING here. I'm american >.<
Nature: Naughty
Here is the story I created for an hack. I don't work on one, because I dont have talent on it. Ok, you can get the story for your hack if you wish! Just give credit or tell me if you used my story ok? So, lets speak about it.

Your name is Yellow and you live at Coolwind Town with your father, your mother Alice passed away when you were just born. Team Rocket infiltrated the town one day to steal Prof. Robert's special Pokémon- a Pikachu! Prof. Robert gave you the Pikachu, so Team Rocket won't steal it. This Pikachu has special powers, and is extremely strong. Then the world gets wihout its balance after Team Rocket steal the powerful Pokémon that gives balance to the world. Pokémon are now starting to fade away to the world and Yellow needs to get the eight element stones, and take it to the Peak of the World Tower to help save Rayquaza the balance Pokémon, and its other Pokémons that controls the world, Kyogre and Groudon.

That is my story. Is it nice?
Please give your feedback to my story! Thank you =3
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:33 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika Pika Chu
Your name is Yellow
I think it would be best if you let the player decide their own name :/

Quote:
Prof. Robert gave you the Pikachu, so Team Rocket won't steal it.
If the tree-based Professor wants to protect the Pikachu from Team Rocket, surely he would give it to an experienced Trainer/ Gym Leader/ E4 Member/ Champion if it was so special rather than a newbie due to the fact that it holds the fate of the world in its hands. Any basic TR member could waltz up, pound a begining trainer into the ground and walk away with a shiny-new Pikachu to use in their devious plans.

I just can't see the tree-based Professor as being in a perfectly sane mindset when he made this decision.

Quote:
This Pikachu has special powers, and is extremely strong
This is where I suddenly realised you're copying directly from the Anime. While it isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just feel like there have been to many scenarios (Not speciffically in ROM Hacking, though) where a person is given a super-Pikachu and plays keep-away with Team Rocket. Branch out, you don't have to take issues directly from the Anime and translate them into a new media form.

Besides, since this Pikachu is super strong, it would kinda' ruin the beginning of the game since its so overpowered.

Quote:
Then the world gets wihout its balance after Team Rocket steal the powerful Pokémon that gives balance to the world.
That's kinda' what happen when you distrupt the natural order :P

Quote:
Rayquazathe balance Pokémon
Wait, I thought that TR had stolen the 'Balance' Pokemon AKA, Rayquaza - Why is it suddenly on the top of a tower? Shouldn't it be in some sort of holding-facility or something, given thats how TR generally hold their Pokemon?

As I stated earlier, this idea seems to be borrowing more than just a page from the Anime's book, whilst the ending is emulating the conclusion of Pokemon Emerald. It feels like a great mish-mash of the two, with nothing that makes it your own. A greater knowledge of what you're planning to include in this idea would have been better for me to understand what's going on between you getting Pikachu and going meeting with Rayquaza at the top of the tower - Right now there is no mid section of the hack, which I would have liked to have see.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:46 AM
Pika_Pika_Chu
Beginning Trainer

Alright, I will answer everything so it will make sense, allright?

Alright I think you are correct by letting the player choose its name. Sorry XD
Prof. Robert gave the Pikachu to Yellow(or the name that the player chooses) because the character is a Gym Leader's cousin(before you ask, the Gym Leader is Lt. Surge, that trains electric Pokémons)(lol tree-based prof XD) and has raised a little Pichu when a child.
The Pikachu is special, really. It was raised to be strong and is extremely rare.
At Pokémon Emerald, Rayquaza lives at the peak of some Sky Tower(I dont remember its name), so it would make sense. TR steal it and the Pokémon can't control the sky.
Also TR steals Kyogre and Groudon, that can't control the seas and the ground.

Can I make a more detailed story? Thank you!

The player needs to save the world from destroying. TR are stealing the three legendaries, and then making the world getting wihout its control. Wihout Rayquaza in its habitat, the sky and wind are starting to blow away weak Pokémon, making those Pokémon fade away. The seas are getting too harsh wihout Kyogre controlling it, and is starting to make storms and tsunamis, making many people die while sealing away. And the ground is making earthquakes, and TR is trying to join those three Pokémons together to create a powerful Pokémon, and then make revenge with the people who tried to beat them up. So that is somewhat different from the anime storyline. But TR ends up by making those three Pokémon fade away. The player needs to get all the elements to revive the three Pokémon and give back peace to the world. But now the Gyms are not Gyms, they are caves, some of them are shrines and some are temples. And there is not a Gym Leader there. You need to battle with a Pokémon, not a leader. After you beat those Pokémon, they leave you a element, and how? They drop their element. There should be a timer to run away from the dungeon, or the Pokémon will run after the trainer to get the element back, and yes, you can RUN! Some people have missed Pokémon, and you can get them back to the persons, and they can reward you with an TM, berry or even an egg. The element you caught allows you to use its power to pass by places, but you need to teach an Pokémon the HM needed. That's it.

How did you liked it?
Thanks for your critique, it was FUNNY!

Last edited by Pika_Pika_Chu; January 3rd, 2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Pika_Pika_Chu
Beginning Trainer

This story was for an hack of mine, Pokémon Heavens. I started this game on my Chirstmas. I dont work on it however. With Dr. Fuji's tips I edited it a lot to make a great story.

Story for: Pokémon Heavens
The main character of the story lives in Cloud Town. The player has accomplished 10 years and can depart on it's Pokémon journey. However, its parents does not allow it to go on its journey, and tells the player to stay home. One day, the player's aunt, Britney, visits the family. The player tells its aunt his problem, and its aunt have a chat with the family, the player's family decides that he can go on its journey. The trainer then goes get its starter. The Pokémons that are avaible for him/her are: Piplup, Bulbasaur and Torchic. Then he/she goes on his/her journey to find rare Pokémon. In this game, the objective of the trainer is not to build a Pokémon encyclopedia with the PokéDex, but to win the league of the Aurore(the region that the trainer starts its journey) and become the Champion. In this game, the PokéDex is used to help the trainer to find the Pokémons and identify its information. But, just like a Pokémon classic, the PokéDex can be filled only if you catch Pokémon. In this game, only 5 Pokémons can have its information on the PokéDex, making it somewhat fun. That's the story.

Did you all liked it?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika Pika Chu
Prof. Robert gave the Pikachu to Yellow(or the name that the player chooses) because the character is a Gym Leader's cousin(before you ask, the Gym Leader is Lt. Surge, that trains electric Pokémons)(lol tree-based prof XD) and has raised a little Pichu when a child.
Its not about wether the player has connections to Gym Leaders, but how much protection they can give the Pikachu. Raising a small Pichu in peace and safety of your home town would be completely different to constantly evading Team Rocket and protecting it. I'll restate what I stated in my last post - The tree-based Professor has made a poor decision to give a beginning trainer a rare and powerful Pokemon that shall decide the fate of millions.

I can actually see the trainer collecting the Pikachu from the tree-based Professor later on in the game once they have proven themselves, especially if there are dire circumstances (e.g. TR is attacking the Lab or something), but I cannot fathom the player recieving the Pikachu as a starter Pokemon.

Quote:
The Pikachu is special, really. It was raised to be strong and is extremely rare.
Which would make it even more likely that it would be given to an experienced trainer. If you're going for realism, it could overule the player's wishes since it is so strong and confident in its abilities - Just think about the Anime Pikachu when Ash first got it: It refused to listen because it knew Ash was weak and knew comparativly little about Pokemon.

Giving the Pikachu to Lt.Surge would actually be a good option, considering that he is one of the foremost Electric-type trainers and he has an Uber Raichu :3

Quote:
At Pokémon Emerald, Rayquaza lives at the peak of some Sky Tower(I dont remember its name), so it would make sense. TR steal it and the Pokémon can't control the sky. Also TR steals Kyogre and Groudon, that can't control the seas and the ground.
Yes, I knew that Rqyquaza was ontop of Sky Tower in R/S/E, but if you read the bolded-underlined-italicised text in the quote, you can see why I'm having problems understanding why Rayquaza is still lazing around on the top of towers.

Quote:
TR is trying to join those three Pokémons together to create a powerful Pokémon, and then make revenge with the people who tried to beat them up.
I think you're misunderstanding the business plan of the game-version Team Rocket. Most people like to portray Team Rocket as a mafia-styled group, seeking influence in the businesses of the region they are in. Revenge has never been factored into their plans, and if you look at their capers in the games, controling distrupting the world has never been their primary motivation.

Their goals? Lots of money. Their desire? Even more money. Why do they do the things they do? Money, money, money. Where is the money in a decimated and scarred world?

That's just about all I can say for your first idea.

Quote:
The player tells its aunt his problem, and its aunt have a chat with the family, the player's family decides that he can go on its journey.
Then why try to stop them in the first place? It seems like you're adding unecessary drama. Unless nothing spectactular arises from having an argument with your parents (e.g. seeing a ledgendary for reasons beyond my explanation), or there are no repercussions to be felt in the middle of the story, I'll have forgotten all about it once I've stepped foot in Route 1.

Quote:
In this game, the objective of the trainer is not to build a Pokémon encyclopedia with the PokéDex, but to win the league of the Aurore(the region that the trainer starts its journey) and become the Champion.
The rest of your post isn't really a storyline, but I felt that I should comment here.

That's basically what every Pokemon game is. Nobody really cares about completing the Pokedex unless it is absolutely necessary to go beyond a certain point (e.g. Once you've beaten the E4 in FR/LG, you need data on at least 60 Pokemon before you can do stuff on the islands) or they are sad and need to complete it for bragging rights just like me D:
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:08 PM
Pika_Pika_Chu
Beginning Trainer

Well here it is.
Thanks for your critique
:\Alright I messed it all up while creating a good story. But I did my best. I am always nervous to see what you gonna tell about my work. I am not so good at stories, but I am at mapping.
There are a few things people arent great at. I dont mess up maps just like begginers PokéHackers do. So I could call some friends over so we can work on my old hack.

The hack may be finished next year I think.
And I think you may play it and like it I think not gonna happen do you know so? Good night then.

Im sleepy and lazy now. See ya tomorrow!
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Totodile7
Beginning Trainer

Hiyas, I'm new and heres my idea for my hack, Pokemon Titanium :

You start off in your room, as usual. But what isn't is when you go outside, you see a Team Rocket Grunt Prof. Wood, the region of
Mohr's proffesor! He yells out to you to go to his lab and choose one of the pokemon on the table! You choose from Treecko, Charmander and Totodile. Then you go and pwn the grunt and then Wood lets you keep the pokemon, and you go off to beat all the gyms. After the 3rd you get entangled in Team Rockets plans to take over the globe! Eventually, you verse the elite 4 and become champion. Oh yeah, and after the 7th gym they take control of Lugia, and you have to stop them.
--------------------------------------------
Like it?
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:56 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

TBH, that's a pretty generic plotline (particularly the beginning), and you're being pretty vague about any of the other details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodile7
Oh yeah, and after the 7th gym they take control of Lugia, and you have to stop them.
How do Team Rocket take control of Lugia? Why do they take control of Lugia? What do they want Lugia to accomplish?

Can you go into more detail about these points in addition to the rest of your idea? Right now there's not much I can do.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Totodile7
Beginning Trainer

to capture lugia the new boss of team rocket, whose name is never found out, uses a pokemon that knows confuse ray to control lugia. after lugia is under team rocket's control, the player, rival, and regional champion show up, and witness a battle between lugia and ho-oh. then you are plunged into a battle with the leader of team rocket, after that the legendaries dissapear, and team rocket's plans are ruined. they want lugia to aid them in taking control of the world, by stopping any challengers to team rocket.

Last edited by Totodile7; January 6th, 2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:50 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

I can't complain about how Team Rocket goes about getting Lugia, but it feels like you're throwing Lugia in there just because you can. I mean, the game-versions of TR is cool and calculating; they always do their homework and are generally well prepared for anything that comes their way, yet you have them controlling Lugia just because it is 'around'? You're making it sound like they are going out into a paddock, flipping a switch and seeing what happens, only to never use the machine again.

I don't think I'm getting my point across very well because everything is starting to sound like gibberish to me D:

Basically, TR would be much better prepared before embarking on such a project. Back-up machines stationed all around the region to take advantage of all the ledgendaries hiding in all sorts of nooks and crannies. They'd have tons of files and status reports spanning over years, yet, from the way you have written it, it sounds like they've barely invested energy into it or prepared for longer than a month.

Don't pay attention to my indecipherable ramblings - I've had a long day D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodile7
they want lugia
to aid them in taking control of the world, by stopping any challengers to team rocket.
I'd like to quote something that I stated in my post further up this page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I think you're misunderstanding the business plan of the game-version Team Rocket. Most people like to portray Team Rocket as a mafia-styled group, seeking influence in the businesses of the region they are in. Revenge has never been factored into their plans, and if you look at their capers in the games, controlling the world has never been their primary motivation.

Their goals? Lots of money. Their desire? Even more money. Why do they do the things they do? Money, money, money.
If you do have Team Rocket attempting to take over the world, that would be pretty OOC and go against all sorts of canon.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here