The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old March 28th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Nikkie.
Nikeiphoros, eh?

Nature: Timid
Pokemon Metallic Silver

Introduction
First of all, this is a remake.. Of Pokémon silver; before you go "arghh, not another one", please hear me out. Im sure every hackers dream is to remake they're first ever Pokémon game. This was my Dream.. However I always thought: There is some things left un explaint, like where did team rocket go? or What happens after, im sure there's more, but I'd hate to go through all that detail. What Im trying to say is, this hack is going to fill up everything left..

My main priority is to:
  • Create some fresh ideas, never seen before.
  • Introduce some new features, characters and a whole lot more..
  • Think of things other than just: What nintendo would do, something out of the ordinary.
  • Recreate a lost, twisted, and even simple story.
There's a whole lot more things, that Pokémon Shiny Gold, or Pokémon Liquid Crystal could have done. But this hack, will be a dream come true; for true gamers.
I could probably go on forever, but I think I should move into the story alittle.

Storyline
  • There's not really a story, however I'll do my best to create something interesting.
You're a child, a child, that lives in NEWBARK TOWN.. And is about to go on a adventure, which no child has ever expirianced a adventure through Johto. A myserious region with many many things to find, a region which is old.. But has many things un-discoverd.

Recently, there has been sightings; sightings of odd men and women, wearing black. Many people say "Thats team rocket" while others say otherwise. These people are dangorous convicted fellon's who deserve to be locked away, however they are too lethal, to People, and Pokémon. Everyone has to watch out for these thugs, you never know what they could do next.

There has also been strange weathers around Johto. It's unknown what has been causing them, however, through this; a new island has been formed. Scientists call it Metalic Isle's because the land seems to be a shiney silver.. There has also been new kinds of Pokémon around Johto. Since the Island forming, there has been a new "Steel" type Pokémon; They seem to be somewhat rare accross the land.

Lastly, a new gym chalange has opend; and this has been trouble lately because of the mass ammount of trainers travaling from Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, all the way to Johto. Oddly, they seem to be vanishing slowly. Is this the Police, or are they being abducted?

Well those were all things to watch out for In Johto. Lets hope you don't get caught up..

Features
There's a few new feature's your going to see in this hack, however, I can't write them all, the hack will be badly spoiled..
  • Unique Maps
    Throughout the hack, you will experiance unique playability, not found anywhere else. Not no mention a few more New Area's, This hack will have stunning maps, which allow you full exploration of the GSC era.
  • Exellent scripts
    A hack woulden't be a hack without scripts, becides the GSC scripts, there will be lots more to do within the rom hack, such as recive more then one starter, depending on what you choose.
  • More Rivals
    There's the plain GSC rival, that red haired devil, but now there's more, maybe a few more like him, or perhaps some kinda friends, such as Ash and brock?; Brandon and May?
  • Catch Every Pokémon
    Every Pokémon will be obtainable, however no D&P Pokémon.. Yes, that means 300 (and something) Pokémon will be avalible, for you to catch.
  • A few Mini Games
    Just like Pokémon Liquid Crystal, or Shiny Gold, there will be a few mini games, so far, I plan to add digging, and Pokémon Hunt.
  • Radio
    As seen in Pokémon Thunder Emblem, we will have a radio, in your room, or in someone's house. Perhaps, you can listen to your favorite tune..? :D
  • A few known faces
    Like Paul, from the Anime, and Richie the old school charactar, who's back for more..
  • Berry Tree's
    With our new berry tree system you can.. Well, pick berrys, and If I can get it to grow back, then I shall. Also Headbutt Tree's, which are avalible.
  • Time Traval
    This is a MIGHT, depending If I think of a IDEA, like BILL creating a time mechine, or Celebi.. Time travaling?
  • New Graphics
    Yes, graphics better than ever!
Media Center
This is where the Media will be listed, so you can keep track of the progress being made.

Spoiler:
None at the moment.

Support Center
Here, you get to support the hack, sadly there is no Userbars avalible. Sometime soon, I may get around to making them.

Somthing Else
There's nowhere else to add this information to here goes:
This is a hack of Pokémon Fire Red Version, which means you patch It to a Rom of that kind. If you don't know how heres a tutorial.

Also, this hack will feature not one, but two, evil teams, the first is obviously Team Rocket, the seccond, is Team Chrome. A Newly formed organisation, supposedly lead by Archie.. A well known villan.

Edit: I think I forgot to mention that this is not a complete remake, so expect to see some more originality through this hack.

Team Members
The faces behind this masterpeice
  • Nikeiphoros - Mapping/Scripting/Everything else
  • Jasumin - Co-Owner/Graphicalist/Mapper
  • Wingzro17 - Mapping/Scripting/And more.
Would you like to join? Post in the thread, and We'll see.

Credits
Where did I get some infomation from? Or who's stuff I used.
  • Jasumin - Helping in this hack.

Thanks for Reading
If you took the time to read through this thread, That means you like it. If so, thanks, from the team, and I hope to see a post by you.
My other hack "Royal Blue" hasen't been quit!

Last edited by Nikkie.; March 29th, 2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Cool really good layout and from a good hacker. I love remakes and can't wait to see more of this. I bet the screenies will look great and I am looking forward to them.
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Nikkie.
Nikeiphoros, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodies. View Post
Cool really good layout and from a good hacker. I love remakes and can't wait to see more of this. I bet the screenies will look great and I am looking forward to them.
Thank you, the screenie's are comming soon, Jasumin is inserting tiles at the moment. Please stay tuned fans.

It's posts like these that keep me going.

Bai~
Old March 30th, 2009, 12:57 PM
indepth
Soon to be..

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to indepth
Wow, another remake on the block.. Is this still being worked on? Because it's on the seccond page and all :\ Well the threads looking lovely! However, I was thinking about the features; and will there be some new music? Every other remake has it..

Well good luck, and I hope to see some screenshots soon.
Old March 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM
jcogginsa
Trainer

Originally Posted by Nikeiphoros View Post
Pokemon Metallic Silver

Introduction
First of all, this is a remake.. Of Pokémon silver; before you go "arghh, not another one", please hear me out. Im sure every hackers dream is to remake they're first ever Pokémon game. This was my Dream.. However I always thought: There is some things left un explaint, like where did team rocket go? or What happens after, im sure there's more, but I'd hate to go through all that detail. What Im trying to say is, this hack is going to fill up everything left..

My main priority is to:
  • Create some fresh ideas, never seen before.
  • Introduce some new features, characters and a whole lot more..
  • Think of things other than just: What nintendo would do, something out of the ordinary.
  • Recreate a lost, twisted, and even simple story.
There's a whole lot more things, that Pokémon Shiny Gold, or Pokémon Liquid Crystal could have done. But this hack, will be a dream come true; for true gamers.
I could probably go on forever, but I think I should move into the story alittle.

Storyline

• There's not really a story, however I'll do my best to create something interesting.
You're a child, a child, that lives in NEWBARK TOWN.. And is about to go on a adventure, which no child has ever expirianced a adventure through Johto. A myserious region with many many things to find, a region which is old.. But has many things un-discoverd.

Recently, there has been sightings; sightings of odd men and women, wearing black. Many people say "Thats team rocket" while others say otherwise. These people are dangorous convicted fellon's who deserve to be locked away, however they are too lethal, to People, and Pokémon. Everyone has to watch out for these thugs, you never know what they could do next.

There has also been strange weathers around Johto. It's unknown what has been causing them, however, through this; a new island has been formed. Scientists call it Metalic Isle's because the land seems to be a shiney silver.. There has also been new kinds of Pokémon around Johto. Since the Island forming, there has been a new "Steel" type Pokémon; They seem to be somewhat rare accross the land.

Lastly, a new gym chalange has opend; and this has been trouble lately because of the mass ammount of trainers travaling from Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, all the way to Johto. Oddly, they seem to be vanishing slowly. Is this the Police, or are they being abducted?

Well those were all things to watch out for In Johto. Lets hope you don't get caught up..

Features
There's a few new feature's your going to see in this hack, however, I can't write them all, the hack will be badly spoiled..

• Unique Maps
    Throughout the hack, you will experiance unique playability, not found anywhere else. Not no mention a few more New Area's, This hack will have stunning maps, which allow you full exploration of the GSC era.
  • Exellent scripts
    A hack woulden't be a hack without scripts, becides the GSC scripts, there will be lots more to do within the rom hack, such as recive more then one starter, depending on what you choose.
  • More Rivals
    There's the plain GSC rival, that red haired devil, but now there's more, maybe a few more like him, or perhaps some kinda friends, such as Ash and brock?; Brandon and May?
  • Catch Every Pokémon
    Every Pokémon will be obtainable, however no D&P Pokémon.. Yes, that means 300 (and something) Pokémon will be avalible, for you to catch.
  • A few Mini Games
    Just like Pokémon Liquid Crystal, or Shiny Gold, there will be a few mini games, so far, I plan to add digging, and Pokémon Hunt.
  • Radio
    As seen in Pokémon Thunder Emblem, we will have a radio, in your room, or in someone's house. Perhaps, you can listen to your favorite tune..? :D
  • A few known faces
    Like Paul, from the Anime, and Richie the old school charactar, who's back for more..
  • Berry Tree's
    With our new berry tree system you can.. Well, pick berrys, and If I can get it to grow back, then I shall. Also Headbutt Tree's, which are avalible.
  • Time Traval
    This is a MIGHT, depending If I think of a IDEA, like BILL creating a time mechine, or Celebi.. Time travaling?
  • New Graphics
    Yes, graphics better than ever!
Media Center
This is where the Media will be listed, so you can keep track of the progress being made.

Spoiler:
None at the moment.

Support Center
Here, you get to support the hack, sadly there is no Userbars avalible. Sometime soon, I may get around to making them.

Somthing Else
There's nowhere else to add this information to here goes:
This is a hack of Pokémon Fire Red Version, which means you patch It to a Rom of that kind. If you don't know how heres a tutorial.

Also, this hack will feature not one, but two, evil teams, the first is obviously Team Rocket, the seccond, is Team Chrome. A Newly formed organisation, supposedly lead by Archie.. A well known villan.

Edit: I think I forgot to mention that this is not a complete remake, so expect to see some more originality through this hack.

Team Members
The faces behind this masterpeice

• Nikeiphoros - Mapping/Scripting/Everything else
  • Jasumin - Co-Owner/Graphicalist/Mapper
  • Wingzro17 - Mapping/Scripting/And more.
Would you like to join? Post in the thread, and We'll see.

Credits
Where did I get some infomation from? Or who's stuff I used.

• Jasumin - Helping in this hack.
Thanks for Reading
If you took the time to read through this thread, That means you like it. If so, thanks, from the team, and I hope to see a post by you.
My other hack "Royal Blue" hasen't been quit!
i could help with the storyline if your interested
Old March 30th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Nikkie.
Nikeiphoros, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indepth View Post
Wow, another remake on the block.. Is this still being worked on? Because it's on the seccond page and all :\ Well the threads looking lovely! However, I was thinking about the features; and will there be some new music? Every other remake has it..

Well good luck, and I hope to see some screenshots soon.
Thanks, yes this is still being worked on. Since Jasumin isen't too fond about new music, there won't be any in BETA 1, however maybe in the next one? :\

Thanks none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcogginsa View Post
i could help with the storyline if your interested
This comment isen't very constructive; I suggest you write something other than "I could help.." Well sorry; I dont need help with the storyline currently, or even never, since a remake doen't really have a story.. :\

Note Some screens are comming soon, Jasumin is inserting tiles at the moment; he should be finished by 31st March 2009, which is tomorrow.
Then we should get started; Probably :\
Old March 30th, 2009, 09:24 PM
luker05
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to luker05 Send a message via Yahoo to luker05
So, basically, it's pokemon silver with all loose ends tied up??
FINALLY!
Old January 7th, 2010, 09:12 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
wow the hack is awesome i enjoyed reading the thread

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links