The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old December 19th, 2009, 03:10 AM
hatakenojutsu

Advertise here
Pokemon: The Legacy of Ash

Story

30 years after the famous journey of Ash Ketchem, You as the son/daughter of Ash will embark on your own journey as you yourself turn 10 today.
Unlike your father, you woke up early in the morning and the first one to arrive at the Pokemon Research Laboratory of Professor Gary Oak (your father’s childhood rival).
You choose your starter Pokemon and begun your journey with the dream of defeating your own father and become the new Pokemon Master.

Features

Completely revised Pokemon Database

Legendary Pokemons, for example, will be stronger so they can stand up on their being “legendary”. Also their catch rate will be much lower to that point that they will be impossible to catch unless you use a Masterball or a Darkball.

Revised learnable TM/HM. Logically speaking, how can small water Pokemon ferry you from island to island? Doesn’t seem right for me. Similar to fly and strength. Fire Pokemon such as charmander, charmander, magmar, etc. can now use flash.

Revised Attack database

Change the power and effects of some attack. Body slam will be a hit or self damage because logically speaking, if the target Pokemon evades the attack then the user will hurt itself because it will hit the ground, right?

A new evil group

I’m still trying to figure out what should be the name of this group. But for now, Dark Mirage would be the name. The aim of the group is to capture all the legendary Pokemon. There will be no grunts or those weak evil trainers. I’m kinda thinking of having only a few members of the group all of which are high class trainers. You can only find them in the site of the legendary Pokemons.

Revised gym/Pokemon league

First of all, there will be no more extra trainers in the gym just a one on one battle against the leader itself. Of course, there will be new gym leaders each of which has a different set of Pokemon.

There will be no elite four. You’ll be facing 8 Pokemon trainers. However, you can heal your Pokemon after each battle. To compensate for this, all trainers will be stronger.

I also want to add a new Pokemon League system. When you lost in the Pokemon League, all your badges will be gone and you have to earn them back again to enter the next Pokemon league, Isn’t that logical? The gym leaders will become stronger the second time around.

I wonder if it’s possible to add the Pokemon league examination. It was the exam where you automatically earn a spot in the Pokemon league when you pass the exam.

Market Change

There will a complete change in the price of an item. Pokeballs, Greatballs, Ultraballs, etc. will be a whole lot expensive. There will also be a different stores for different items. For example, a Pokeball Mart sells only pokeballs (duh XD).

New maps

I wanted the map to be the same as what is shown in the anime. So I added maps in between the cities and towns. This are the places where Ash went through before having his gym fights in the city. For example, before Ash arrived at the Fuschia Gym he visit first the Gringy City (where he capture Muk) and the diglett site.

I also revised the maps based on the actual map in the anime series. For example, in the cerulean city, the gym will be isolated from the city proper itself as depicted in the anime.
Old December 19th, 2009, 09:04 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
this seems REALLY cool. please i beg u dont quit.
Old December 20th, 2009, 04:11 AM
hatakenojutsu

i'm looking for some help

need some title screen editor and sprite. XD
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

I think you should expand your storyline, as it is kinda generic.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

you still workin on this?

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:40 AM
Live Update King
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Yahoo to Live Update King
Don,t think he is. Try another Hack
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:18 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
hmm seems interesting, good luck

Old January 3rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Good hack idea and just like eccool said you should expand the storyline. I like the idea of a Pokemon League and how you are making everything a challenge and more difficult. F.Y.I I once caught a Articuno with a pokeball. I stacked up for it and bought 99.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:29 PM
dragonshine
The Dragons Are Rebelling

Nature: Brave
its such a good idea! PLEASE WORK ON IT n_n
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:37 PM
RL144
Beginning Trainer

Dont stop i suport dont stop
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:12 PM
hatakenojutsu

hey guys.. i'm working on a new hack, it's entitled as Pokemon Magnolia.. i've incorporated the features that i had with this(Pokemon Legacy of Ash) hack, but set in a different region.eccool is right, my stroy kind ageneric so i've come up with a new one. i've been thinking of it for a while.

Quote:
Features

Completely revised Pokemon Database

Legendary Pokemons, for example, will be stronger so they can stand up on their being “legendary”. Also their catch rate will be much lower to that point that they will be impossible to catch unless you use a Masterball or a Darkball.

Revised learnable TM/HM. Logically speaking, how can small water Pokemon ferry you from island to island? Doesn’t seem right for me. Similar to fly and strength. Fire Pokemon such as charmander, charmander, magmar, etc. can now use flash.

Revised Attack database

Change the power and effects of some attack. Body slam will be a hit or self damage because logically speaking, if the target Pokemon evades the attack then the user will hurt itself because it will hit the ground, right?

A new evil group

I’m still trying to figure out what should be the name of this group. But for now, Dark Mirage would be the name. The aim of the group is to capture all the legendary Pokemon. There will be no grunts or those weak evil trainers. I’m kinda thinking of having only a few members of the group all of which are high class trainers. You can only find them in the site of the legendary Pokemons.

Market Change

There will a complete change in the price of an item. Pokeballs, Greatballs, Ultraballs, etc. will be a whole lot expensive. There will also be a different stores for different items. For example, a Pokeball Mart sells only pokeballs (duh XD).
this would be the same feature..

i'll add the story, maybe tomorrow, tell me what you think about it. criticism are always accepted XD

New Feature

The Pokemon League

The New region, MAgnolia will be divided into 4 sub-regions (will be named after the four seasons). Each sub-region will have a somewhat mini-Pokemon League, you need to win the two badges in the subregion to be able to participate in their league. A great prize awaits for those who win the league, however the tournament will be a one shot only. There will be, of course, the Main Pokemon League.

In the 4 minor leagues, you will be given a choice to battle only 4 out of 8 trainers before you advance to the final round where you will be facing the champion. In the major Pokemon League, you'll need to defeat the 8 trainers before advancing.

Gym Battles

No extra trainers. Gym Leader Match straight away. However Gym Leader will be a lot stronger.

EDIT: i've already finished changing the database of some pokemon and their leranable tm.

Last edited by hatakenojutsu; January 4th, 2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old January 8th, 2010, 07:40 PM
hatakenojutsu

anyone who can help with spriting?
Old January 8th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Flashpoint
→ P e r s i s t e n c e
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Flashpoint Send a message via Skype™ to Flashpoint
i HOPE YOu suceed, good story

Last edited by Flashpoint; January 9th, 2010 at 10:03 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here