• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Research: [GENERAL THREAD] Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Hacking

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2010
@Iacobus thanks so much I google'd it and found a great vid
but has anyone found the location of the following sprites for pokemon?

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
i wonder when Hg/Ss tools are made Which rom will be hacked cause Fr is hacked more then Lg Ruby more then saphire Etc i think Diamond was more then pearl or something so i think Heartgold might be the next on up ;)

Poryhack

March 14th
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010
i wonder when Hg/Ss tools are made Which rom will be hacked cause Fr is hacked more then Lg Ruby more then saphire Etc i think Diamond was more then pearl or something so i think Heartgold might be the next on up ;)
Whichever one the hacker chooses. Proper tools for the 4th gen should work with either version because the offsets are relative to a file in the ROM's FS instead of the entire ROM.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
Well, Ruby is also edited more than Emerald, but Platinum was edited much more than Diamond. Like Poryhack said, those restrictions that exist because not all 3rd gen tools work for all roms, are removed in 4th gen tools that properly use the NDS file system.

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
Doubt this will help any, but just wanted to report my findings.

Green battle scene and random rainbow (maybe for location eyecatches?). There was also an unused underground map; I'll see if I can find that again.

Years
Doubt this will help any, but just wanted to report my findings.

Green battle scene and random rainbow (maybe for location eyecatches?). There was also an unused underground map; I'll see if I can find that again.
That rainbow you found is also in Platinum as a weather effect.
I was messing with my Action Replay and I used a code to change the weather and I found this one.

Oh, and that green battle scene looks almost identical to the R/S/E grass battle one.
grassbattlescene.png

Very interesting indeed.

Last edited:

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
Years
looks like no one wants to hack the japanese version of the game. I, myself am waiting for the english version. once i beat the game i'll hack it. it should be just as easy as d/p/p. also Prmatt11, where did you get these pics? i mean whitch folder?

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
There are plenty of people researching it. Due to lack of 4th gen interest at PC, not everyone post things here (or at all in some cases).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
I thought of an idea that could be used in generation 4 map hacking.

Okay most people think of a map hacking tool like Advance Map with tiles, but my idea is say you press on a spot and a Pokemon center appears there fully not just say the floor.

Simpler way of saying:

Advance Map: Tiles
My idea: Instant tree, mountain, building, etc...

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Hello, I´m a rom-hacker of Pokemon games for less than a month.
I have begun to change Pokémon SS and thanks for your comments on this post, I managed to change many things.
I've heard that there is a program to edit the Pokémon from the trainers, which was also used for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
Does anyone know what it is? "And someone has a tutorial for that program to SS?

Thanks
Forgive my broken English.

Hello to all the hacker site and thanks for all your information about modifying Soul Pokemon Silver, but I have a big problem.
I edit the content evo.narc not a/0/3/4 and how.
Could anyone help and give me a list of Pokémon SS hex?
Thanks in advance.
Sorry if I do not understand my Engrish well, I'm using Google's translators.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Hmm, something which has interested me is that a lot of people are concentrating on getting maps edited now well I think some other graphical aspects could be looked at as well such as title screen recoding (editing), Something similar to UnLZ (not sure if there is xd), and whatever you guys can think of. I think that the UnLZ idea would just be for sprites since a lot of the graphics are 3 dimensional and would require some extensive editing. I think this is quite interesting though and really do hope you guys make some more steps in this field. PPRE looks pretty cool so far, good luck on that SCV :3

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Alpha who made pokeplash.net has added trainer editing for all versions to PPRE (making PPTE obsolete).
But I thought PPRE doesn't support HG/SS yet...

Also it appears (from the link in your sig) that the Trainer Editor has not been made yet either.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
But I thought PPRE doesn't support HG/SS yet...

Also it appears (from the link in your sig) that the Trainer Editor has not been made yet either.
It does support HG/SS (for the features that work events, scripts, encounters, text).

Yeah, I put the (there might be newer versions) for a reason. That is, I don't go around updating all my sigs with new links every time there is a new version. That was the first version under PyQt and explains how things work, so I link to that one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Hello again.
The PPRE (project ROm Pokemon Editor) if it accepts HG and SS.
It has all functions enabled least of Evolutions.
I'm making a list of codes of paragraph Maps and another with the id's of each mini-game sprite.
I also have a list of text files in the game.
When you complete any of the full texts, which hang here.
The PPRE it you can get in Pokemon Project forums, not on the web.
The latest version is 8.
Greetings and see if someone gets help with changing the evolutions of Pokémon by hexadecimal or whatever.

My hack search for me:
0/0/6 Back Battle Sprites
0/1/8 Balls Sprites
0/2/0 Minis Sprites
0/4/6 Logo and Intro Lugia/Ho-oh
0/5/8 Front Battle Sprites
0/7/7 Menu Selection Object
1/2/6 Intro Oak
1/2/7 Game Corner
1/4/2 Maps
1/5/8 Pokethlon
1/6/6 Safari Editor(for me, WPS)
1/7/1 Photo Album
0/7/8 Letters Fund
0/5/1 Berries Sprite
0/2/6 Scenarios Heart Box
2/1/7 Pokethlon
2/1/8 Apricorn
2/1/4 Pokethlon

The id´s codes that i promited:
344 Black Belt
146 School Kid
86/318 Bug Catcher
323 Bird Keeper
168 Trainer to help you in Gyms
369 Sabrina
1009 Persian
329 Mom
330 Old Man
328 Father
1036 Blissey
394 Guarda
232 Kimono Girl
994 Butterfree
1032 Marill
1017 Fartfetch
331 Old Woman
1015 Slowpoke
233/316 Kurt and him daughter.
365 Hero Mom
359 Clair
1027 Dratini
324 Cool Trainer (M)
327 Cool Trainer (F)
347 Fisherman

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
did anyone already now what is the starter pokemons ofsset location on the HG/SS rom?

Poryhack

March 14th
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010
did anyone already now what is the starter pokemons ofsset location on the HG/SS rom?
Well I didn't but you piqued my interest so I found out.

On a decompressed arm9 file (this is for SS, I can't confirm that it's exactly the same for HG) the offset is 0x107A60. At that offset you have this:

98 00 00 00 9B 00 00 00 9E 00 00 00

Each 32bit value is the national dex # of the starter.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
I need a program to modify the maps of hgss and a list of id´s overworld of this game.
For example:
365 Hero Mom
359 Clair
1027 Dratini
324 Cool Trainer (M)
327 Cool Trainer (F)
347 Fisherman

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
Years
It does support HG/SS (for the features that work events, scripts, encounters, text).

Yeah, I put the (there might be newer versions) for a reason. That is, I don't go around updating all my sigs with new links every time there is a new version. That was the first version under PyQt and explains how things work, so I link to that one.

Hey, SCV, can you post the version that does support HG/SS?

Back