The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.


View Poll Results: do you want dawn sprite or misty sprite
misty 11 47.83%
dawn 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old July 31st, 2009, 08:14 AM
~Frozen Darkness~'s Avatar
~Frozen Darkness~
It's watching you...
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Sorry ssm, I'm not part of the staff, so only you can edit the thread.

Question, and I don't mean to bash:

When was the last time Nosman, our scripter, showed up, let alone most of our team members?
__________________
Signature is blank right now :/
  #252    
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:24 AM
SierraTDI's Avatar
SierraTDI
Cody?! where are you???
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pallet town
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to SierraTDI Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SierraTDI
i think he and his brother got punished from going on
__________________
[sig-reason="440 pixels too wide."]http://i41.tinypic.com/294ggvo.jpg
i support Pokemon Dark horizon
  #253    
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:28 PM
~Frozen Darkness~'s Avatar
~Frozen Darkness~
It's watching you...
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
And the others?

I bet we've been ditched.
__________________
Signature is blank right now :/
  #254    
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:59 PM
Brushfire's Avatar
Brushfire
afc bournemouth <3
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bournemouth
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
The first post is really untidy.
Perhaps consider fixing that. :/
__________________

SAW Entertainment | Brushfire's Anime List | And with a faint brush of fire...
  #255    
Old August 1st, 2009, 03:59 AM
SierraTDI's Avatar
SierraTDI
Cody?! where are you???
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pallet town
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to SierraTDI Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SierraTDI
i guess cuz they said i dont do my own work so i think they are mad at me and quit
__________________
[sig-reason="440 pixels too wide."]http://i41.tinypic.com/294ggvo.jpg
i support Pokemon Dark horizon
  #256    
Old August 1st, 2009, 11:29 AM
~Frozen Darkness~'s Avatar
~Frozen Darkness~
It's watching you...
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Well, what have you done? To be honest, all I know is that the first map is finished, and I haven't really been assigned anything to do yet for the hack.
__________________
Signature is blank right now :/
  #257    
Old August 2nd, 2009, 06:17 AM
SierraTDI's Avatar
SierraTDI
Cody?! where are you???
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pallet town
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to SierraTDI Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SierraTDI
i thought i assigend you to be co worker and mapper?
__________________
[sig-reason="440 pixels too wide."]http://i41.tinypic.com/294ggvo.jpg
i support Pokemon Dark horizon
  #258    
Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:54 AM
Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundayschoolmusic View Post
i thought i assigend you to be co worker and mapper?
Yes, you need to direct your team to do things! You tell your mappers which maps they should make! You don't just give them a job in the hack, you give them orders! You are leader! Lead!
__________________

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...


Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

  #259    
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:13 AM
~Frozen Darkness~'s Avatar
~Frozen Darkness~
It's watching you...
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
You nailed it there. That was basically everything that was needed to be said.
__________________
Signature is blank right now :/
  #260    
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
AeroMaster7's Avatar
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kanto, Pallet Town
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Ok three things.
1-Don't double post if you do not want to get in trouble.
2-Your page should really be more orginized look at my hack page or anyone else's
3-You should put more feature and events in your game if you wish for a sucessful hack.
I am not being mean but please take it into consideration.
  #261    
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Nosman's Avatar
Nosman
I'm with stupid ^
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Not installed yet
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nosman Send a message via Skype™ to Nosman
Ok sorry i have not been on i have not ditched you guys i was just to busy with my hack that is the reason i have not been on.
I am waiting for a beta or a demo to insert the scripts. One of the scripts is an event that ssm can add called a bank. I will try to go on more often but like I said I am working on my own hack. That does not mean I am to busy for this one.
__________________

(\__/)
(='.'=) This Is Bunny. Copy And Paste Bunny Into
('')_('') Your Signature To Help Him Gain World Domination!!!!

GAMES I SUPPORT
Spoiler:





  #262    
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Snyser's Avatar
Snyser
Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Forgotten!! LOL
Gender:
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snyser
Is this tread dead? lol last comment was in august
__________________
Supporter

Join http://www.pokemon-metropolis.co.cc/ TODAY!!
its has alot of features and its free to join you can even play cool games all in one + Its updated a lot!! so join and ask all you'r friends to come allong (JOIN NOW!!)
  #263    
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Closed at owner's request.
__________________

Last edited by Spherical Ice; February 4th, 2014 at 01:02 PM.
  #264    
Old February 2nd, 2014, 05:46 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Opened at owner's request.

~karatekid552
__________________

Paired with Simba
  #265    
Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
SierraTDI's Avatar
SierraTDI
Cody?! where are you???
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pallet town
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to SierraTDI Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SierraTDI
Hey loves im back and im going solo unfortunately since i was gone for so long and everyone that i worked with dont go on this site anymore unless i can get a brand new crew if so please comment your skills and ill add you to the new team roster
__________________
[sig-reason="440 pixels too wide."]http://i41.tinypic.com/294ggvo.jpg
i support Pokemon Dark horizon
  #266    
Old February 4th, 2014, 06:01 AM
shaheer07
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Gender: Male
You want to join me? I'm attempting to make a hack that has Pokemon from Gen 1-6 in it and is close to Sapphire as possible. Don't worry, I have a lot of features planned for it. I'm currently the scripter and director and I have one more working with me. What do you say?
  #267    
Old February 4th, 2014, 06:25 PM
STSplashy
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Light platinum is a name of a completed rom hack already so you would need to change your name. Also, there isn't much there and i don't think it is possible to have 4 regions haha


good luck though
__________________


  #268    
Old February 4th, 2014, 06:31 PM
adipasa's Avatar
adipasa
Amateur Hacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indonesia
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by STSplashy View Post
Light platinum is a name of a completed rom hack already so you would need to change your name. Also, there isn't much there and i don't think it is possible to have 4 regions haha


good luck though
The title is not gonna effect ._.
Because This Project is earlier than the WesleyFG's Light Platinum 0.0
__________________
Pokemon Aqua Blue v1.0 coming soon....

...........
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...............\
  #269    
Old February 4th, 2014, 07:05 PM
STSplashy
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by adipasa View Post
The title is not gonna effect ._.
Because This Project is earlier than the WesleyFG's Light Platinum 0.0


Actually, that isn't the case at all. This game was first posted in 2008, it was then closed in 2010. Wesley FG made this game inbetween the time that this thread was closed and opened. The thread was opened back up in 2014.

So.....technically this game didn't exist while Wesley's light platinum was being made and finished so Wesley's light platinum comes first.


The name just needs to be changed.....that isn't much to ask lol.
__________________


  #270    
Old February 4th, 2014, 08:07 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Before this explodes into a massive argument, I am simply going to request that the name does need to be changed, simply to avoid confusion. In this case, the "light" was supposed to show that it was a demake. Why not simply find a synonym for "light"? There should be no issues then.

Okay, end of discussion. sundayschoolmusic, you will need to make a decision and post it here. Any more posts discussing this or fighting with other members about it may be seen as spam, since they aren't helping anyone. The only thing I can see actually helping are name suggestions, however, I don't want those to take place unless sundayschoolmusic specifically asks for them.

Are we clear? Cool.:D

I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors.

~karatekid552
__________________

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; February 4th, 2014 at 08:14 PM.
  #271    
Old February 5th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Tcoppy's Avatar
Tcoppy
Toq 6
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Other then the name, there is other stuff in my opinion I feel like they need to be addressed though. First, now that I realize my computer isn't glitching out, you might want to fix the main thread, it looks out of place and unprofessional.
The storyline, well from what I gathered at the main thread, it is very limited. All I get from it is "be a master coordinator in Sinnoh and Kanto(?)''. Is there gonna be an evil team, or something your not telling us? And why go back to Kanto? I mean, the story says that you need to get 8 ribbons and I assume that this is in Sinnoh, or maybe half in Sinnoh, half in Kanto. Also, is the gimmick of this hack contests or battling, or both, because the story so far sounds like its focused on contests, but then you scroll down and it talks about gyms now so. :/

The outline of Rowan's sprite looks like it needs to be touched up, I see a mostly black outline and it kinda looks off. The mapping needs work, especially the screenshot taking place on I guess Shaymin's map looks pretty bad.

I hope this hack turns out great though! Good luck!
__________________
  #272    
Old February 6th, 2014, 02:01 PM
STSplashy
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundayschoolmusic View Post
i guess cuz they said i dont do my own work so i think they are mad at me and quit
This. I take back everything i said in my first post on this thread (except the part about changing the name) because this comment right here explains it all.

Here is a tip. You should probably do some of the work on your hack rather than just make a thread and answer questions....Just reading through this thread really made me mad, and now i don't really want to see this hack succeed because of the owner and his sheer ignorance.

Mapping is honestly not hard at all....scripting isn't that bad.....why don't you at least contribute to some of those areas? I'm trying to turn this into constructive criticism, but i really can't. All i really want to say is that my "good luck" is pointed more towards your attitude rather than the hack itself.


STS

P.S.: I just noticed that you actually don't have to change the name because Wesley can actually spell.
__________________


  #273    
Old February 6th, 2014, 03:45 PM
SierraTDI's Avatar
SierraTDI
Cody?! where are you???
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pallet town
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to SierraTDI Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SierraTDI
if people get upset due to the title im sorry but i wanted this title since i did technically came up with it first wesley stole the name and gets better comments than me which is unfair im actually trying to do my own work here too so like i need a new team for this hack i promise ill do work with this hack i mean mapping is what i can do so ill map for some parts of the hack so yeah sorry for any inconvenience
__________________
[sig-reason="440 pixels too wide."]http://i41.tinypic.com/294ggvo.jpg
i support Pokemon Dark horizon
  #274    
Old February 6th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Karinmo's Avatar
Karinmo
☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Texas
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundayschoolmusic View Post
if people get upset due to the title im sorry but i wanted this title since i did technically came up with it first wesley stole the name and gets better comments than me which is unfair im actually trying to do my own work here too so like i need a new team for this hack i promise ill do work with this hack i mean mapping is what i can do so ill map for some parts of the hack so yeah sorry for any inconvenience
Im actually sure he didnt steal it- and I dont think Pokecommunity was the first site he posted his progress in, so that is a bit of a lousy excuse. Also, he did do a very good job with his hack, so I dont think the comments about it are neccesary. And to comment to your mapping, its empty- I know this isnt the place to put it, but I defiantly think you should take a look at it for your own good, and the hacks good. Other than that, I wish you the best of luck I guess, lol.
__________________
Hi, this signature is a work in progress.
  #275    
Old February 6th, 2014, 04:59 PM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sogen Suburb, Avlar
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Hey dude can I just start off by saying I know what it feels like to be a new hacker (only been at it for a year and a half) and so I know how it feels to feel as if u don't know anything, but if you try things out you'll learn along the way. Also I know you might not like everyone making suggestions to change the name, but if you really want people to stop hassling you for it changing it will be better in the long run =) it will actually be worse for your hack if you don't change it IMO because people will get yours and WesleyFG's confused. How about Pale Platinum or Origin Platinum or something like that?


When I first tried scripting I had no clue but I gave it a go and now after a while I would say I'm pretty good thanks to some of the tutorials on here. Scripting is one of the most important things in a hack and tbh pretty much no one will be willing to make ALL the scripts for you. If you can even just learn how to make simple scripts for your hack, you won't have to depend on other people to do things FOR you as much =) Just try it and see how it goes! I'll leave the links to the threads that helped me learn how to script here.


http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347


http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345


http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276


I hope this is helpful to you!


~AvaraMoon
__________________

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.