The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Rydenio
Shameless plugger

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I have RPGXP and the starter kit, I played around with it but I think using that just kind of takes away from the good feeling I get from making it all on my own.

Old January 11th, 2010, 07:52 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydenio View Post
I have RPGXP and the starter kit, I played around with it but I think using that just kind of takes away from the good feeling I get from making it all on my own.

lol now your a true developer, what you said is a big factor that makes all great devs great. I know how you feel I just suggested a quicker and easier solution.... But if you need any help i'd be happy to offer my services.
Old January 11th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Rydenio
Shameless plugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
lol now your a true developer, what you said is a big factor that makes all great devs great. I know how you feel I just suggested a quicker and easier solution.... But if you need any help i'd be happy to offer my services.
Actually, I'm so familiar with MF2 that switching to RPG maker would probably just make it harder. But the starter kit seems to be an awesome resource.

Old January 16th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

I see all these great looking games in the showcase, and then a black and white game in the red/blue stlye blows me away! I really like the style of the 1st gen, never knew I did before this.
I'll try to download the demo (still getting to grips with windows 7) and if it works I'll edit this.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old January 18th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Rydenio
Shameless plugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
I see all these great looking games in the showcase, and then a black and white game in the red/blue stlye blows me away! I really like the style of the 1st gen, never knew I did before this.
I'll try to download the demo (still getting to grips with windows 7) and if it works I'll edit this.
Aw, thanks man! I'm glad I can inspire people by doing something different!

The latest build has now replaced the old demo, so download it if you want. Nothing much has changed, but all the orginal bugs are gone. It has a preview of the battle system that can be accessed by pressing N, if you wanna try that out. It only works once right now. If you press 5 you can try Route 1, with opening/lowering bridges, also unfinished. And if you press 0, you can try playing as the main character you will eventually become. And the font is now from D/P.

Main goals right now:

• Rework the conversation system to include typewriter-style text, like in the original. This will require me to change the system from the ground up.
  • This will also incluse cleaning up the conversations, with the text carried in a .ini file and the events stored within every character. This will make future development easier and faster.
  • Build a solid system for story events, that will not require redoing everything each time.
  • Finish up the battle system to where it's functional but nothing more. HP x2, two attacks, and turns. Basics for now.
  • Cleaning up the code to where I can actually understand what I've done. This is a must if the game is to remain bug-free for any future amount of time, this will be a major headscratcher.
After this is done, i can finally put my story ideas into action. And here's a screen from the battle with RATTATA!

Stay tuned for later this week, I should have time to sit down with in wednesday-thursday.

Old January 18th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Denali
C++ Programmer

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydenio View Post
Aw, thanks man! I'm glad I can inspire people by doing something different!

The latest build has now replaced the old demo, so download it if you want. Nothing much has changed, but all the orginal bugs are gone. It has a preview of the battle system that can be accessed by pressing N, if you wanna try that out. It only works once right now. If you press 5 you can try Route 1, with opening/lowering bridges, also unfinished. And if you press 0, you can try playing as the main character you will eventually become. And the font is now from D/P.

Main goals right now:

• Rework the conversation system to include typewriter-style text, like in the original. This will require me to change the system from the ground up.
  • This will also incluse cleaning up the conversations, with the text carried in a .ini file and the events stored within every character. This will make future development easier and faster.
  • Build a solid system for story events, that will not require redoing everything each time.
  • Finish up the battle system to where it's functional but nothing more. HP x2, two attacks, and turns. Basics for now.
  • Cleaning up the code to where I can actually understand what I've done. This is a must if the game is to remain bug-free for any future amount of time, this will be a major headscratcher.
After this is done, i can finally put my story ideas into action. And here's a screen from the battle with RATTATA!

Stay tuned for later this week, I should have time to sit down with in wednesday-thursday.

Looks awesome man! Keep it up!
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Which font are you using? It would be better to use the original font than one of the GBA/DS fonts.
Old January 15th, 2011, 09:15 AM
DNZGames
Team Atmos Leader

Nature: Serious
well, it looks promising. is there much variation from the original games?
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
This thread is almost a year old, and the limit for reviving threads is two-months. So please look at the date of the last post before posting.

-locked-
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here