The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Totodile7
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Well here's an updated story :
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You start off in the town of Woodbark. However, when you go outside of your house, you see Prof. Treebark being cornered by a Team Rocket Grunt! He tells you to choose one of the Pokemon in his lab. You choose from Treecko, Charmander, and Totodile. Then you go out of the lab and have to beat the grunt with the Lv.3 Rattata. Then Treebark tells you to keep your new pokemon and take on the gym challenge. After you defeat the
fourth gym leader, two Rocket Grunts come in and attack you and the leader! After you do a double battle against them with the leader, you follow them to Barnico Tower, and there you challenge the rocket leader for the first time! Then after he is defeated, team rocket retreat from the tower, and things go normally untill after the seventh gym, where
you and your rival infiltrate the Rocket HQ. At the second last floor you're rival rushes ahead of you and climbs the stairs. When you head up, he has been beaten by the leader of team rocket, and then you challenge the leader for the second time. After he
is beaten again, he leaves, saying something about a backup plan and Mt. Mohr. So you and your rival head of to Mt. Mohr, your rival staying ahead. At the peak, you meet up with your rival and the champion. Then the rocket leader uses a slowbro to confuse the recently summoned Lugia, and then you're plunged into a third battle against the rocket leader. After you win, you battle Lugia, controlled in another trainer battle, but you are able to heal before. Then Ho-Oh comes and battles Lugia, and Lugia snaps out of it's confusion the leader used to control it, and ties with Ho-Oh. Then they fly of, and the rocket leader gets angry and sends two rocket admin at you at once, but your rival aids you
to battle them. Then everything goes normally, until after you beat the E4 and Champion, but I haven't thought of post main storyline stuff yet.
(PS. The reason Team Rocket takes control of Lugia is because they're desperate to beat you so they can go back to their well... stuff they do. And to rob you)

Diamond Card :

Platinum Card :

(in veilstone HQ)

Last edited by Totodile7; January 6th, 2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old January 8th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Flexar
Beginning Trainer

Well, I've just thrown away a few hack ideas, but this one is too good to trash in my opinion.

1000 Years in the past, warriors used mystical jewels to capture pokemon and battle wars, using those pokemon. Now you, the newest recruit to the army is getting their first pokemon, a choice of Charmander, Totodile and Treecko, and now you're being sent of to conquer the rest of Trandor (the continent the game is set on). First you must conquer the nearby town of Yamine, with your pokemon. Yamine is nothing out of the ordinary, just a small town of little significance. You are attacked by the guards, but beat them easily without even using your pokemon, just your sword. Then the captain (your rival) confronts you with a lvl 5 Pikachu. After winning, you return to the city, and to your king. He is impressed with your victory, and you can nickname your pokemon. He gives you an encylopedia to fill, and 5 mystic gems. Then you set off, to conquer all.
Old January 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Sorry it took so long to reply, but I was a little busy with school, and other things that I didn't notice this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji
Can I see it?
Sure, here's the post.

Quote:
Cyrus reborn?

I'm sensing an alterior motive at this point
I'm not saying anything about this right now.

Quote:
If their only reason to band together is to protect themselves from the police (Which is obviously a smart thing to do), why would they 'war' with Team Enel? Money? Material? Influence? Revenge? They would be wasting their own time and resources fighting an enemy that isn't activly hunting them down like the police - My alterior motive sense is tingling.
They 'war' with Team Enel because they also threaten them, due to them doing the same things they are trying to do, but are more successful. Simply business.

Quote:
Anyway, there is very little to criticise here, so kudos to you. You've obviously though hard about it and this is definately a firm basis. Keep at it, and I hope this translates into a wonderful game.
Thanks, it'll take a while before I have anything ready to present, but that's due to my own learning on how to script, not to mention the tremendous mapping that I'll have to do, and I'd like to at least have everything mapped out before posting anything.
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodile7 View Post
Well here's an updated story :
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You start off in the town of Woodbark. However, when you go outside of your house, you see Prof. Treebark being cornered by a Team Rocket Grunt! He tells you to choose one of the Pokemon in his lab. You choose from Treecko, Charmander, and Totodile. Then you go out of the lab and have to beat the grunt with the Lv.3 Rattata. Then Treebark tells you to keep your new pokemon and take on the gym challenge. After you defeat the
fourth gym leader, two Rocket Grunts come in and attack you and the leader! After you do a double battle against them with the leader, you follow them to Barnico Tower, and there you challenge the rocket leader for the first time! Then after he is defeated, team rocket retreat from the tower, and things go normally untill after the seventh gym, where
you and your rival infiltrate the Rocket HQ. At the second last floor you're rival rushes ahead of you and climbs the stairs. When you head up, he has been beaten by the leader of team rocket, and then you challenge the leader for the second time. After he
is beaten again, he leaves, saying something about a backup plan and Mt. Mohr. So you and your rival head of to Mt. Mohr, your rival staying ahead. At the peak, you meet up with your rival and the champion. Then the rocket leader uses a slowbro to confuse the recently summoned Lugia, and then you're plunged into a third battle against the rocket leader. After you win, you battle Lugia, controlled in another trainer battle, but you are able to heal before. Then Ho-Oh comes and battles Lugia, and Lugia snaps out of it's confusion the leader used to control it, and ties with Ho-Oh. Then they fly of, and the rocket leader gets angry and sends two rocket admin at you at once, but your rival aids you
to battle them. Then everything goes normally, until after you beat the E4 and Champion, but I haven't thought of post main storyline stuff yet.
(PS. The reason Team Rocket takes control of Lugia is because they're desperate to beat you so they can go back to their well... stuff they do. And to rob you)
Sounds like the typical Pokemon game, so far. Whether that's a good thing or not is up to you. It's a little sparse, though. I'd need more details on just what TR is doing (for instance, why a grunt was attacking the Prof.) before I could judge the storyline as 'solid'. And I don't think you have enough plot-related events to keep the player's attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexar View Post
Well, I've just thrown away a few hack ideas, but this one is too good to trash in my opinion.

1000 Years in the past, warriors used mystical jewels to capture pokemon and battle wars, using those pokemon. Now you, the newest recruit to the army is getting their first pokemon, a choice of Charmander, Totodile and Treecko, and now you're being sent of to conquer the rest of Trandor (the continent the game is set on). First you must conquer the nearby town of Yamine, with your pokemon. Yamine is nothing out of the ordinary, just a small town of little significance. You are attacked by the guards, but beat them easily without even using your pokemon, just your sword. Then the captain (your rival) confronts you with a lvl 5 Pikachu. After winning, you return to the city, and to your king. He is impressed with your victory, and you can nickname your pokemon. He gives you an encylopedia to fill, and 5 mystic gems. Then you set off, to conquer all.
I think the idea of Pokemon as tools of war has a lot of potential. For one thing, it can really take you far from the standard game layout. But...ditch the 'mystical jewels.' If you don't want to use PokeBalls because this is the Middle Ages, why not use leashes, or nets? If I had some mystical jewels, I'd use them for something more important than taming wild animals.

Second... You're sending your rookie soldier on a journey to conquer an entire continent? He's barely a cadet! His Pokemon are puppies! What's the justification? It sounds like you're trying to follow the standard Pokemon plot as closely as possible, even though the context is entirely different. I'd hate to see this idea go down the road of 'eight gyms and Elite Four', because it deserves better.

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea

Last edited by Rabbit; January 11th, 2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Totaldile
appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!

Nature: Lonely
My idea is:

You play as a new character in the region of Kanto (before the time of Green/Red/Blue/Yellow.)

Professor Oak has finally captured the legendary Mew. While you are gettign your first pokemon, he releases it in his garden to run around after moths of hard training to make it trust him. Suddenly Team (Rocket maybe?) burst into the garden, in search of Mew. The noise spooks mew and it runs off. P. Oak uses some a Bulbasaur to send the invaders scuttling away. You then recieve your first pokemon (Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle.) and are sent off on a long journey in search of Mew. P. Oak also suggests that you challenge all the gyms to become stronger.
Your rival would be a masked kid that you don't find out the identity of until later.
Team (rocket?) wants Mew to create a new ultra-pokemon because Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon.
What else could happen? I'm not sure...
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Otter
Reminiscing Every Now and Then

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otter
I've been planning out a story for my hack for a while, despite my lack of actual progress on it, but I'd like to get some opinions on possible features I might include with it. I'll start out with my general background introduction that I created a while ago (I wrote this in OP style, but I'll probably be going back and making more changes to it later).

~Background~

The Terramont continent was once a pristine wilderness of lush forests, craggy peaks, and calm coastlines. It was home to countless species of Pokémon, and held rich secrets beneath its rugged terrain. It was the frontier of exploration and adventure, until the first settlers from Kanto began to erect towns and villages. Along with them came the practice of taming and training Pokémon.

Years later, long after the fall of Team Rocket and Team Galactic in other parts of the world, the societies of Kanto and Johto began to slowly decay as decades of prolonged Pokémon catching and heavy human development threatened to turn the continents into industrial wastelands. In response to the growing urgency of environmental preservation, the leaders of the Terramont region agreed to put restrictions on how many Pokémon a trainer was allowed to own, and heavy industry and advanced methods of transportation were banned from the region. Once again, the region seemed close to recovering its former wild beauty, but it was not to last.

The collapse of Kanto’s battle system sent trainers from other continents into a wild panic. The long-established tradition of training Pokémon was at the brink of complete disintegration, and the only hope for its survival was to find a new place for trainers to hone their skills. With no other alternative, trainers began to flood the Terramont continent. The rules of the region were strictly enforced, but it was not long until the cities became famous for their competitive scene, and Terramont became the epitome of Pokémon battling in the world. Now, with Terramont succumbing to a weakened infrastructure and crumbling society due to the battling frenzy, a radical minority began to oppose the course of events taking place in Terramont, and vowed to restore the world to its proper state without any trace of Pokémon battling. When they make their decisive move is unknown, but signs of their rebellious activity have been growing common, and passionate supporters for their cause have been rapidly increasing in number, so it is only a matter of time…

~Quick Notes~

To clarify the time, it says "long after the fall of Team Rocket", but in reality it's no more than 6 or 7 years after the events in FR/LG. The story does take place in the same "dimension" as the other games, as well as the anime itself, due to some recurring characters I put in. I tied it all together, albeit with a few holes and loose ends probably, but it should be good enough. The main question in the story that creates conflict will be the whole "Is Pokemon training/battling a sustainable and ethical activity, and should it be continued?". I always think of it as a realism-meets-Pokemon idea. After all, with all those roads and factories, and virtually everybody you meet being a Pokemon trainer, you gotta wonder sometimes how it all holds together. I suppose I'm also an environmentalist in that regard. ;p

Anyways, the plot will also feature a broad variety of characters, each with their own distinctive personality, purpose, and story. I've spent immense amounts of time putting together the motives for their actions, as well as the character development they experience throughout the story. If anyone's ever played a Tales game, I'm truly shooting for something of that depth and complexity.

There is no "team X". The system of rebellious individuals is small, secretive, and (unbeknown to anyone, including the player) has some powerful connections. Oops, spoilers! Anyways, at one point in the plot there will be a complete plot twist, so to speak, that would not only divide the citizens of the continent onto one side of the fight or another, but would also bring some of the main characters over to the other side as well! Scandalous, isn't it. But my point is, I'm avoiding cliche Pokemon plot devices as much as possible, so I'm pretty sure you can count on an exciting and fresh story.

Quick edit: One last thing, yes there is an equivalent of the "8 gyms" thing, and without the context of the plot, this might seem like a typical "beat bad guys while beating gym challenges" sort of thing. But I'm trying to change that as much as possible. I'm adding a lot more to the challenge, such as adding in puzzles, scavenger hunts, etc., and reducing the actual "boss battle" to just a small part of what you have to do. Besides, by time you approach the 7th and 8th gyms, the plot is so intense that the system pretty much falls apart and any elements of a "gym challenge" are lost anyways.There is no "Elite Four", but instead a post-climax league tournament. At this point, it's just for kicks. I'm rather fond of "final showdown with rivals" events, so just to top off the gym-like structure of the first part of the game, there needs to be an appropriate ending. Sorry to those that expect something radically new from a good plot. I just wanted to bring some elements of the Pokemon games and the anime together into one final, epic climax. That's all. o:

~Features to Consider~ (if you're going tl;dr, this section is really all I'm asking for)

These are obviously not the only things I am including to make this hack unique, but they're a few ideas that I've had in my head for a while that I can't make a solid decision on. Please note that each one of these is already tied into the story, so if I did end up implementing them, they would all have explanations to go along.

Limit maximum number of Pokemon owned to 6. I already thought of a system to release Pokemon, but this is essentially taking out the role of PC boxes altogether. I would probably facilitate the actual catching and training process somehow, but I want the player to be able to focus on the story more, rather than spend most of their time grinding levels and earning money (which I'm sure we've all done one too many times in Pokemon games). I'm actually pretty decided on this, but I just want to hear some other opinions.

Player as a Character. This would include first-person dialogue, character personality and development, and virtually a complete de-customization of the player, which is why I'm hesitant to go through with this. Same concept as a Tales game or any other role-playing game, really. So the gender and name would probably be fixed as well. I would keep the player's ability to make some decisions, and maybe add some other customization features, but mostly the player would be stuck playing as another person. While this is radically different from most Pokemon games, it really does add a whole new dimension to the plot. Since I'm practically storytelling with my "deep and complex" plot, perhaps playing as a character within the story itself would be a unique addition? I've just had this brilliant concept of an antihero for a while, which is one of the only reasons why I'd be willing to fight hard to get this approved by others. But besides that, I'm completely undecided on this, so I need some opinions.

Limited Transportation. Due to some plot devices, Fly will not be available until the climax of the story has been passed and the character enters into the epilogue-like phase. A bike, raft, and a few other primitive tools would probably all of the transportation available to the player. A boat would connect the player to the ports, which are limited (there's 2 real ones, plus a location which could have dock access) but dispersed evenly throughout the continent. Other than that, the player would usually walk on foot, although I would set up the plot and world map so that huge amounts of doubling back would be unnecessary. Any thoughts or ideas on this? (I promise I won't make each route a hell of tall grass and/or long caves)

~Closing~

I think that's just about it. Thanks for any input! It's greatly appreciated. If you have comments or questions about any other part of my story so far, feel free to add them. I'll eventually have a complete outline of my story available to those that are interested, and I already have a significant amount of progress made on that, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers in this topic.

Last edited by Otter; January 12th, 2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: one more quick note
Old January 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
Re Otter: I'm going to take this a piece at a time...it's loooong.

Background: I sense a moral here: heavy industry and development is bad. Though it's a little heavy handed, maybe even Anvilicious, I won't argue with the premise. But you also mention Pokemon training and battling as part of the problem. How is that responsible for the environmental degradation of Kanto and Johto? This is an important point to explain, because it leads up to the events in Terramont.

The collapse of Kanto’s battle system in Johto and Kanto leads to events spilling over into the 'pristine' region of Terramont, which, in turn, is infected by the chaos, experiencing a 'weakened infrastructure' and 'crumbling society'. Wait a min. If Terramont used to be a wilderness, it must have previously had no infrastructure or society. So how could both decay? Anyway, this leads to the villains finally appearing, a 'radical minority' entirely opposed to Pokemon battling and vowing to get rid of it...somehow. Frankly, these guys sound like a bunch of crazies. Terramont's main attraction is as a place to battle Pokemon, right? So banning Pokemon battling would pretty much destroy the economy, right?

In hindsight, it appears as though the background was written to justify the existence of people who want to get rid of Pokemon battling. I am not sure that it has done that.

Quick Notes:"The main question in the story that creates conflict will be the whole "Is Pokemon training/battling a sustainable and ethical activity, and should it be continued?". I always think of it as a realism-meets-Pokemon idea. After all, with all those roads and factories, and virtually everybody you meet being a Pokemon trainer, you gotta wonder sometimes how it all holds together. I suppose I'm also an environmentalist in that regard. ;p"

Again, the question of whether Pokemon battling is sustainable or not leaves me confused. Does Pokemon battling put a strain on natural resources? Does it produce toxic waste or CO2? Does it lead to deforestation, depletion of fish stocks, or climate change? I've always thought of it as a sport or hobby, like horseback riding or dog training - completely harmless and irrelevant to the environment.

The question of whether Pokemon battling is ethical or not...now, there's a question that needs no preamble. I would be very excited about a hack that explores that question in detail. But is that your goal? The background doesn't mention anything about ethical treatment of Pokemon. Your focus seems to be the environment (and maybe infastructure?).

I'm glad to hear you won't be following the '8 gyms and Elite Four' formula through to the end. When you say that "the system pretty much falls apart" near the end, I imagine that the gyms themselves will be crumbling and the gym leaders running for their lives. XD

Features to Consider:

1. Limit number of Pokemon owned to 6: I like that idea. I never train more than 6 Pokemon, anyway. But it's a very big change. It goes against the 'Gotta catch 'em all' philosophy.

Would you also be limiting the number of species that can be owned? If not, the player might have a hard time choosing just 6.

2. Player as a character: If you think it makes the game better, sure. But let the player name their character, all the same. When you say you'll keep the player's ability to make some decisions, do you mean the player will be making plot-related decisions? I don't think that happens in most Pokemon games. When you're asked 'Yes' or 'No', it never matters which you pick.

3. Limited transportation: Hooray! I totally agree. Fly has never made any sense - most flying Pokemon are no larger than their riders. They wouldn't be able to get off the ground. Maybe a wizard did it? It's good to hear that Surf will be a key item rather than a Pokemon skill, tying in with the limitation on how many Pokemon you can own.

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea
Old January 28th, 2010, 08:28 PM
blazez3212
Person Behind You

Pokemon:Darkness of Team Cipher
(2 years after Gale of Darkness)

Prologue
Team Cipher:Charon after the defeat of Team Galactic with his arrest,his determination of world conquest is not over he brings out of prison and escapes back to the region of Orre he started researching on what had happened here starting 5 years prior he seen that Team Cipher was the strongest Crime Gang that he even seen/heard of with this information he was to help the Admins of the Team and bring back forth Team Cipher.Determined to do see there was one other thing pondering his mined. How did Team Cipher get defeated, he seen that a Teenager Named Wes was once part of Team Snagem but broke away and stole the snag Machine.with this Technology and information from the Region or and Sinnoh he begins to recreate Shadow Pokemon and send them to the Region of Orre,Sinnoh,Johto,Hoen and Kanto and capture the Legendary's, of each region to Call forth Arcues

The Adventure begins:
Wes wakes up at home and here's the new's of what happened in the unfamiliar region of Sinnoh of how Palkia and Dialga,Giratina where awakened,by Team galactic with there defeat by a young trainer Lucas
Wes travels to Azlef City in search for Rui in the local new's he has heard of Shadow Pokemon has been seen around region of Orre and others around the world.Wes gets his snag machine prepared he finds mui at the Pokemon Center as she is hearing the news she is ready for another adventure along the way Wes leaves his Umbreon and Espeon at his mothers house for the dangers that may begin to happen.during as he was a child he had trained 2 other familiar Pokemon Glaceon and Leafeon,Starting there adventure....

During there Adventures Wess will meet:Micheal,Lucas,Dawn,Ash,Gold

Features:
All 486 Pokemon
New Cities of Orre Region
New Events and Side quest New Event For Legendary Pokemon.
New Character
New Moves
New Map
New Item
New HM
New Minigame
Day Night System
New Tiles
Legendarys: Groundon,Kyogre,Palkia,Dialga,Giratina,Arcues,Darkri and many more.

Any More ideas Come with them !

Last edited by blazez3212; January 28th, 2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old January 30th, 2010, 10:47 PM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Rom Base is Emerald.

Much the same way as during GSC and HGSS where Kanto has changed, I was thinking of doing a continuation in Hoenn from Emerald, set twenty-five years into the future.

The player appears as Brendan and May's son/daughter and your friends are (reformed) Maxie and Archie's children. (So two rivals this time)

A cult takes the place of the evil teams, the cult of the regi’s, there being three factions, of ice, rock and steel, each faction worshipping their respective regi’s and looking to resurrect them, to summon the giant regigigas to destroy Hoenn. When Regigigas gets to Hoenn, it will sink it.

The cult want the ultimate destruction of Hoenn to build their own, new region with the regi’s as their tools.

At the moment, Regigigas lays slumbering in Snowpoint Temple but soon the cult awaken the monolith and it begins its journey to Hoenn.

You have nine days in which to defeat the cult and stop Regigigas from sinking Hoenn. There will not be a day/night system rather the days are the nine trials you have to complete before you can face
Regigigas and stop it.

The first three trials include:

Defeating (name alluding to rock) with Regirock

The second three trials include:

Defeating (name alluding to ice) with Regice

The third three trials include:

Defeating (name alluding to steel) with Registeel

The tenth trial is the final battle on the fringe of Hoenn where the player faces Regigigas and stops it from sinking Hoenn.

Along the way you pick up your birth right, the green orb and capture your ‘guardian’ pokemon Rayquaza.

Your rival/friends also get theirs, Kyogre and Groudon.

After the fight, with Regigigas, things don’t die down, with the chaos over the looming Regigigas, slowly dispersing Archie and Maxie team up with their children and try to resurrect their plans from emerald.

Suffice to say, you must stop them, for good.

What do you think?

Also, being years later, the maps are not completely the same, Hoenn has changed a lot since we last visited it. From desert ghost towns to sunken underwater cities, surprises lie around every corner.
Old February 4th, 2010, 11:00 AM
September
Chavo and Serj <3

Nature: Calm
After playing some Half Life 2 for awhile, I got this idea that kind of popped up in my head.

Overall Plot

The setting is maybe 1 or 2 years after the original games. All the maps are pretty much the same as far as location and everything goes and everything is in Kanto.

You play as a character that seems to have woken up from out of nowhere, as you awake on a bus that leads you into the new Saffron city (If you're a Half Life 2 fan, yes if you don't like that this is ripping off the opening of that game, stop reading, lol). Everything appears to be different, and you soon find out that a year or two earlier, there was a takeover of Saffron City so that Giovanni and the rest of Team Rocket could get the new master ball from the president of the company in order to catch legendary pokemon, and more specifically, Mewtwo (just assume that Giovanni was going to get Mewtwo if he had the opportunity, okay?).

There was a hero that tried to stop Giovanni and Team Rocket from reaching their goals. Unfortunately, he failed, and Giovanni took the master ball away and the rest is history. Once Team Rocket seized control of Mewtwo, they completed their takeover of Saffron City, and the rest of Kanto fell like dominoes. It only took a few months before all of Kanto was under the rule of Giovanni and Team Rocket had full control.

===

So basically, you are playing in a world where the hero from RBY failed to stop Team Rocket. After learning of what's going on in game, you meet up with a resistance group trying to take back Kanto and stop Giovanni where you then get your starter and set off on adventures going from checkpoint to checkpoint or trying to beat the gym leaders/Rocket Bosses at each city.

Features

Challenging Puzzles -- Also like in Half Life 2, you had to think outside of the box sometimes to get to the next area and use whatever you had on you to do it. There would be some parts in the game where you have to find a key card or move boulders around to get to another area or have a certain pokemon in your possession that's required to move on. Idk, something innovative that can make the game fun outside of battling. I know it exists in every pokemon game, but I'm looking for more outside-the-box stuff.

Quick Passage thru Underground Tunnels - No bikes, no Fly, no easy ways to get around here. Some HMs will be given out, but Surf won't be easily used and there won't be too many places to utilize it until much later parts in the game. The theme here is that once you unlock a certain part of the game, the resistance will have by then completed a portion of their secret underground tunnel that goes from city to city without notice.

Pokemon Harder to Come By
- Until the hero starts freeing up cities from Team Rocket, wildlife areas won't be accessible or rather, pokemon won't show up. At certain checkpoints in the game, there will be Safari Zones that Team Rocket has opened up that lets the player catch pokemon. Most encounters are going to be Rocket based pokemon. Which leads me to point 2....

There are No Pokeballs
- You will get them two ways: Through events, and through Safari Zones.

To sum up the last two features... Enter city A, you will only encounter Rocket pokemon in grass. Purge city A, you unlock the normal pokemon of that area.

I don't know whether or not to include a whole lot more Pokemon from Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh, the point is to basically relive the first game from a different point of view and storyline.
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Junkmace windu
Beginning Trainer

Im new to this so i dont know much about hacks. i have most the tools but am now working on ideas so far i have this

Main Quest get all 8 badges and beat leauge
im thinking of have a new villian team specified with steel types
for starters im stuck. i will use fire red as my base thing but im not sure as to what pokemon i might do a new region set near kanto johto with the kanto and johto pokemon in it but not sure who to use for starters

i also would love help on scripting and things like that as i say im new and have not much skill at this

thanks
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Junkmace windu
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totaldile View Post
My idea is:

You play as a new character in the region of Kanto (before the time of Green/Red/Blue/Yellow.)

Professor Oak has finally captured the legendary Mew. While you are gettign your first pokemon, he releases it in his garden to run around after moths of hard training to make it trust him. Suddenly Team (Rocket maybe?) burst into the garden, in search of Mew. The noise spooks mew and it runs off. P. Oak uses some a Bulbasaur to send the invaders scuttling away. You then recieve your first pokemon (Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle.) and are sent off on a long journey in search of Mew. P. Oak also suggests that you challenge all the gyms to become stronger.
Your rival would be a masked kid that you don't find out the identity of until later.
Team (rocket?) wants Mew to create a new ultra-pokemon because Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon.
What else could happen? I'm not sure...
I think its generally good the mystery to it is good. th villian team (i say use team rocket) could be trying to create mewtwo that why it kind of ties into the movie in thye end you could get to catch mew but only after team rocket gets dna of mew and then you could countinue with the first movie plot with mewto and his clones but that is just an idea
Old February 13th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Zadok
Beginning Trainer

so one game I would like to see happen is a game set in the past. where hopefully you would get your choice of starting pokemon from Beldum, dratini, and larvitar. (each of these become a late evolution 3rd stage this 600 total state points.)

i want to make humans an actual part of this game. so you as the protagonist start as a base charachter and then have the choice of 3-5 classes to "evolve"(by giving yourself and evolving item) by giving yourself a lance(dragoon class) sword(palidin) bow(archer) staff(mage) ect. this makes the game a little more self interactive because now you are a player. you can then have your monsters join you and make other characters your slaves(though there would have to be a large advantage to using pokemon i think because they are still the focal point besides you who i would give a stat build that matches a legendary class so you can compete as a normal class unless you made yourself compatible with plates to give yourself a class). your rival would be basicly in the same boat. but i put him with pokemon that directly adverse your pokemons powers ex. you get beldum(psy, steel) would give him trapinch(ground) if you get dratini(dragon) then he gets spheal(ice) and if you get larvitar(rock) then he gets poliwag(water).

story:
you and your best friend have lived in the same town your whole life and suddenly two rivaling mercenary factions/kingdoms raid the village at the same time and decide to take you and your best friend and your respective families as prisoners. each faction/kingdom claims to be the best and so they bet that they can teach a raw recruit the skill and obedience of war first. you and your best friend are now thrown into a world of war as rivals. and if you refuse to do as your faction/kingdom demands they threaten to kill your family. so the two of you are forced to fight eachother. you then start your journey around the eight commanders of the other faction who are spread around the continent waging war. the first one to do has been trained by their faction better. the elite four of this game will be the top four generals of your rival factions. by the time you are done laying waste to the rival faction your bestfriend(rival) has just finished your faction which he tries to tell you but because you are trying to save your family you attack him anyways. after you beat him he explains everything to you. end of game.

as far as poke centers go you should make them inns. and you get to sleep free at the inns because you tell them that if they dont let you rest for free then they will have to answer to [faction name here].
instead of pokeballs you should use mythical gyms(see the lucario movie)or you can just use chains and such and say that your human teamates are slaves.

ps. if possible you could even make it so that instead of making it an option for boy or girl in the beggining you could choose your faction.

please ask any questions.
Old February 17th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Trainer Ninja
Master of all games

Idk but heres mine:

Filaga a new region was created by a organization for experimenting and taking control of all the lengendary pokemon from all regions. With the powers the dark members held, even Arceus the god of Pokemon couldn't stop them. Ho-oh and Lugia were forced to create the new region, and they were also being controlled with a great unknown force of the dark members. A legend once said that only humans who control pokemon can defeat these Dark members. Pokemon that control themselves can't win because they get sucked in by the unknown force withheld by DM. Arceus had long looked out for any humans that might be able to help him and one day he finally found them in a small town.

Continues..

A huge event is held at (Yellow town?) to honor the legendary pokemon trainers. They have grown really old btw.These trainers are Ash, Red, and (you). After that night the 3 gather and gazed at the stars when suddenly the god of pokemon appears and tells them that it needs their help in a region called Filaga. Arceus takes them to the new region and changes time making ash, red, and you 14 years old again. He grants them a starter pokemon (any starter pokemon that has been in all games so far). Arceus tells them that he needs their help to stop this bad organization called the Dark members.

The journey starts as these 3 trainers take different routes to find a way how to defeat the dark members...and the 2 great pokemon they control, ho-oh and lugia.

lol

Best completed hacks played so far: Ruby destiny series!

All My pro wins

http://i45.tinypic.com/rigflv.png

Last edited by Trainer Ninja; February 17th, 2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Fixed
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:51 PM
wiidude645
I'm Just Beast Like That

Title: Pokemon-The Time Before

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

The pokemon are all real and you get a chance to catch all 493 in the region: Zarx

Story: You start off in your room sleeping. Then your brother, Bobby, comes in and wakes you up. Than you remember you were supposed to go get your pokemon! You go to get your pokemon, when you get into an encounter with a legendary shadow! (Darkrai) He tells about one trainer (you) who must go to time mountain and seal the legendary Dialga in the realm of time! Prof. Oak comes in and gives you your pokemon. (Choices being: Shaymin, Rotom or Spiritomb.) After you choose your pokemon, Darkrai leaves. Than Arceus comes and raises your chosen pokemon from level 5 to level 15. That's all I got so far!
Old February 20th, 2010, 07:45 PM
unitedpokemon
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to unitedpokemon
Hack=Fire Red
Story about the player fight against Dark Teams.Team rocket,magma,aqua,galactic ruins the peace of the whole region.Face against All Gym Leaders,Elite Fours and champion trainers around kanto,johto,hoenn,and sinnoh to sharp your skills.Face challenges and fight over Bosses of team rocket,magma,aqua and team galactic.Catch The legendary pokemon of Sinnoh!And you will be able to travel to orange islands,some part of johto and more.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Mossy92
Beginning Trainer

This is an idea I just thought of, but I have no idea of how to even attempt a hack, so sadly I will never get to play it

Anyway, the region is Soleanna and you are a boy or girl who has just turned 16, living in a town of which i've yet to name. There is a new lab in the town which is currently being built and you have new neighbours moving in. Your mum says that you and her should go and introduce yourselves.

You leave your house and see a removal van outside the house next door and a woman in the front garden, you go over to talk to her and she tells you about how they have moved from Isle Delfino as her husband, who is a professer is moving to the new lab. You then meet her 16 year old daughter and 8 year old son in the house. The daughter tells you how her father is in another town after hearing about a sighting of a rare pokemon (I would like suggestions as to which pokemon this will be, it'll be your second pokemon as you will not recieve any pokeballs until you meet the Professer). Whilst talking to your new friend, your mum calls you to say that your Nan has a birthday present for you.

So you go to your Nans cottage by the pond and see her outside looking into the pond. You talk to her, and she gives you a Dratini. You go back to town to tell your Mum, and then your new friend comes round to tell you that she is on her way to the next town to meet her father so she can recieve her first Pokémon. You offer to go with her as it wont be safe for her to go through the tall grass without a pokemon...

thats all I have for now and I may have got slightly carried away :D

If anyone wants to possibly try and set up a team to work on this idea, then that would be just great. Thanks for reading please comment on if you like it or not.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Aureol
Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Community Supporter Tier 5

Here is an idea I had. If I ever get around to actually learning to hack, I might try to make this myself A lot of people are already including Mewtwo, but whatever.

The first one I thought of is a game where you play as Mewtwo and follow (loosely) the storyline of the first Pokemon Movie. Not being a hacker, I wouldn't know if it is possible to change the protaganist's sprites or other technical issues with Mewtwo, but I'll keep going anyways. You are first confronted by scientists attempting to contain you on New Islandc, but once you eventually battle your way out, you meet Giovanni, who introduces you to the Pokemon world.

Giovanni convinces you to come to his gym in the idea of growing more powerful. You wouldn't get badges from other gyms; rather, Giovanni would supply something similar to badges for defeating key trainers that come to his gym, with Gary being the final trainer.

During this time, you were permitted to collect your own Pokemon. In between trainers, Giovanni would also enlist your aid in various missions for Team Rocket, such as the counquering of Saffron and a monopoly scheme of Celadon.

Eventually, you realize Giovanni has been using you the whole time, and so you abandon him. He tries to contain you, but you are obviously superior. You return to your home of New Island and begin to lure trainers here. Eventually, you get numerous, high-leveled trainers, including the "Elite Four" of this game: Corey, Neesha, Ash and Mew (who will use a team of its own off the island). After you defeat them all, you claim your title as the most powerful Pokemon in the world, and the game ends.

For the actual ending of the movie, defeat the Elite Four again. Then you can have a change of heart, realize humans can be good too, etc.
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
My story is basically like a normal pokemon game you know catch pokemon train them do the gyms
but i want a twist i have decided to have thee most powerfulest trainer of all time the oldest character alive!
AILEID!!! The wanderer form Krisbu Region
But he needs a background story and so does my character
and a important role i'm thinking of having celebi and dialga in it to as a way for someone to takeover the region

any comments?
Old March 9th, 2010, 03:10 PM
danijel_eternal_blue
darkness is coming

Nature: Brave
POKEMON LEGACY OF DARKNESS
-----------------------------------------------------
STORY

Everything starts normal like any other Pokemon game. You are a boy who live in New Bark Town and want so much to become a great Pokemon trainer, also you will obtain Pokedex in the same way like you did in G/S/C/HG/SS but after that story changes a little bit.
MAIN DIFFERENCE:
------------------
01)Gym Leaders are stronger, battle with them is only to unlock HM moves and to visit Elite 4
02)Team Rocket is lot different their main goal now is just to make chaos but their real plans stay hidden behind all this chaos they make.
03)Prof. Fuyima is another criminal mastermind which you will confront in the game. His plan is to create most powerful Pokemon.
04)Sir Roland is a mysterious Pokemon Collector who's trying to obtain all Legendary Pokemon.
05)New rivals with different goals to achieve.Some of them after all are good, some of them are bad.
06)Missions given by people all across the region
07)Some Pokemon will be found in specific location created only for them to obtain, some of them by finishing missions.
08) Pokemon like Haunter, Graveler, Machop, Seadra, Scyther will evolve normally by level

but this game is far from finished...
finished maps: New Bark Town,Route 29,Cherrygrove City,Route 30, Route 31 and Violet City
using Fire Red rom base created by:
• Kyledove - Most tiles.
• Peyi - PC and Mart.
• Punk Rocker - Palettes, some tiles made by Circa
Still learning how to make a script...
Anybody wants to help send me a message
[email protected]
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Muffin™
Knows your age

Send a message via AIM to Muffin™
Pokemon Crystal Clear

So you wake up on a island with several islands around it. You were a survivor of a ship wreak. You check out the island, looking around for food and water. Then... you find a Pokemon. A Pokemon in the woods frantically scared. You help it, and soon beccome friends with the strange Pokemon. The Pokemon is Treeko. Then you go from island to island, finding Pokemon along the way to help you. There's still more to come, that's just a basic storyline.
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:15 PM
ATARS
Beginning Trainer

You start out on a small island that is acual considered a city. You start in Carmill City. You have to go to the Pokemon Institute for your Pokemon, which happens to be on the island.

First, let me talk about the island first becouse it's unique area will affect a lot of game play and scripts.
Spartni Region:It's pretty much like the land surrounding Sparta in Greece.
Route changesome Routes will have a Main Road allowing you to avoid tall grass and trainers. A useful thing if your Pokemon's hurt.

Now back to your first Pokemon.
You go to Charter Island(I wanted to name it Starter but it didn't sound right) and go look for your pokemon. You acually catch it with a Pokeball by scripts(don't worry, no missingno). To get to the area you want, there will be signs saying the various lands.

AFter that, you know all that crap;
Stop the Pokemon gangs
Get the Gym Badges
Beat the Pokemon League
but You also have an option to become a coordinator. You can choose both but you have a different stories though.

This game is just in its rough and it can drasticle change as to my content.
Thanks for REading
Old March 11th, 2010, 04:08 PM
deltatrainer
Delta Trainer

I got one:
This one takes place in the Holon region ( Yes the region with the Delta Pokemon) You start out in your house to come down and find that your older brother as left to his Pokemon journey and you plan to follow him. The holon region has recently set a Pokemon league by a trainer named Hector, who recruited some of the best trainers in the area(some will be very familiar) . Your journey through out Holon will include:
Delta Pokemon (Pokemon with changed types)
New Pokemon League
New Dex
New Evil team(I still need their name)

That's all I got for now what do you think?
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:51 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

ok so i want 2 make a hack lik as good as flaming battl rocket awesom but i dont no about a story but i thot mayb ummmm sombody culd mayb make 1 4 me with ummmm a gay robot in it or somthin and thanks 4 who dose it i ad u as frend
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Falcore
Beginning Trainer

I have an idea where you in the beginning will find a hurt pidgey or a bunch of killed pidgeys and one egg lying for you to pick up. You are a simple schoolboy and your rival will be your big brother who you will face alot of times and he is supposed to be able beat you everytime until you reach the elite four champion which he also is.

You will during your adventure go through the cities and all gyms have the same leveled pokemon so you will have to go through most of the region to be able to defat any of the gym. However in all the cities there is schools and different local pokemon championships which you can enter.

Okay just a basic idea I really have nothing more. And dont know how to hack or I would have started myself.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here