Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2010, 11:18 AM
Swimmer Ryan
Training Water Types Since '99

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecromancingSaga View Post
use the borrowed bike glitch/trick.
Why should I use some glitch when I can actually get a bike
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
The Pokemon Fan Club is in Merson City. The bicycle shop is in Jaeru City. I've played Pokemon Brown a lot, and it's almost as addicting as Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver.
Also known as SonicBronyPlatinum or Princess Copyright Infringement.
Old January 25th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Lati-Fan95
I completed my HG Pokedex!^^

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Lati-Fan95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary's Ho-oh View Post
Are you using the VisualBoy Advance Emulator? If so, on the VBA option, go to options, and check "Real Colors."

If that doesn't work, look at the name of the ROM. If it ends with ".gb", then rename it ".sgb" . If that doesn't work, then I don't know.
Tried both and it didn't work... Well, the game's awesome, no matter if it's in black and white or in color (although I only beat Karpman so far...)... I like the ever-present humor and that the first arena isn't an annoying rock arena!
Please feed my Pokes:
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Lord Stalin
Unhatched Egg

Could I have a list of the pokemon I need to trade from gold/silver/blue please?
Old January 29th, 2010, 11:48 PM
PapaLuLu27
boop

Nature: Docile
I don't really think that reading through a 49 page thread is worth it for this question, so if it's already been asked I'm sorry...
My Diglett and Cubone are both lv.13s and they have yet to learn a second move. I loved the game when I saw Groud types available early on, but what's going on here? My Cubone can't survive with just Growl D: And the trouble I went through to train it (like an abra or magikarp ) Okay. My Diglett managed to learn Growl at an insane level but Dig as it normally did on lvl19. So what's with my Cubone? Or do I just need to train it a bit more like Diglett?

Last edited by PapaLuLu27; January 31st, 2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old February 8th, 2010, 02:33 AM
itsmeitsmeitslbd
Beginning Trainer

is it possible to trade pokemon like weavile and leafeon when i try to do it it says the pokemon seems abnormal and cancels the trade
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Lati-Fan95

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeitsmeitslbd View Post
is it possible to trade pokemon like weavile and leafeon when i try to do it it says the pokemon seems abnormal and cancels the trade

CBM made a Patch for Silver so that you can trade your Pokes from Brown to Silver, but from Brown to Red... I don't think that's possible...
Please feed my Pokes:
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:35 PM
FionordeQuester
Beginning Trainer

What I'd like to know is, has the hack creator done anything to make this hack harder? If so, what has he done?
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:47 PM
mattattack
Huh, Son?

Nature: Jolly
I was wondering....Is it possible to change the starter pokemon in brown? (IE you want to start with a pikachu) If so what do you do?
Sometimes...it's hell before you get to heaven...

My Trainer Card

Help me raise my pokemon!

Cre....Creselia!!?!?!?!?!?!
Old February 15th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Just to let you all know, someone finally sent me a sav file where they got frozen on the healing pad in Haunted Forest (since it only happened to certain people for some reason), therefore I'm finally able to see what's wrong and fix it. I'm working on a patch that will fix that problem, and fix a few other things (Such as some of the pokemon you meet in the beginning not learning moves until level 20 or so.) So expect an update for Brown this week.
Check out my Youtube channel. All about ROM Hacks, Indie Games and more!

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old February 16th, 2010, 09:16 AM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NecromancingSaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
Just to let you all know, someone finally sent me a sav file where they got frozen on the healing pad in Haunted Forest (since it only happened to certain people for some reason), therefore I'm finally able to see what's wrong and fix it. I'm working on a patch that will fix that problem, and fix a few other things (Such as some of the pokemon you meet in the beginning not learning moves until level 20 or so.) So expect an update for Brown this week.
yay cool!! i was wondering, the people that has their game "corrupted" it was because they used GS or AR?
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Change of plans! I'll also be adding something really cool to the next version of Brown. It's something that should have been done a long time ago... but now that I'm more skilled than once was, I think this is the perfect time to add it. That is, IF I can get it in without glitches...

Brown:

Twitter
Old February 19th, 2010, 05:39 AM
mattman324
RUN TO THE HILLS, EVERYONE!

Nature: Naive
Well, if you ARE working on a new patch for Brown, check Ditto's moves. I found some that used Horn Drill and Sleep Powder (and one other move that I can't think of right now) as well as transform.

Completed: Red, Silver, and Emerald. Platinum eventually...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old February 21st, 2010, 04:07 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
It's good that you're fixing the heal pad! :D I just started playing Borwn again and when I was in the Haunted Forest, it annoyed me that I couldn't heal. >_< Additionally, is Shadow Ball meant to be a Dark type move? Because, if I remember correctly, in the games it's ghost. Sorry if this is intentional.

Finally, I am really glad Brown is getting updated! :D I think it is a really great ROM hack and I always find myself playing it over and over again! xD Completed it 2 or 3 times now, I lost count. xD

Pokémon Aureolin

Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:40 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I wonder what the new thing will be...? Oh, where are the locations for Larvitar in Pokemon Brown. You can get them in Botan's cave with the dynamite men, I don't know where else.
Also known as SonicBronyPlatinum or Princess Copyright Infringement.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:54 AM
Lati-Fan95

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
I wonder what the new thing will be...? Oh, where are the locations for Larvitar in Pokemon Brown. You can get them in Botan's cave with the dynamite men, I don't know where else.
What? In Botan's cave is one? didn't know that... Well, I think I bumped into one while I was in the Final Dungeon...

Well, I'm still in it with my Lv.60 pokes! I pwned Drake's Gyarados with my Paras Lv.17 (lol epic win! xD) ! I'm at the moment in the final Dungeon and it still makes a lot of fun! I was really surprised about the whole changes that you made, especially type-wise! It was one of the most enjoyable hacks I've played so far, I might play it again some months later!

But I have a little question: Tri attack has got its own Type (Tri). Can you say the weaknesses and the resistences of the Tri Type (I think someone before me asked the same...), and yes I already looked in the grid in Prism but I haven't seen it anywhere there...
Please feed my Pokes:
Old February 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
karamba
Beginning Trainer

i hear a lot of great things about this hack.
Gonna try it now
Old February 22nd, 2010, 09:46 AM
itsmeitsmeitslbd
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lati-Fan95 View Post
Tried both and it didn't work... Well, the game's awesome, no matter if it's in black and white or in color (although I only beat Karpman so far...)... I like the ever-present humor and that the first arena isn't an annoying rock arena!

go under options and gameboy and select automatic then reset the game that worked for me
Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:19 AM
mattman324
RUN TO THE HILLS, EVERYONE!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
But I have a little question: Tri attack has got its own Type (Tri). Can you say the weaknesses and the resistences of the Tri Type (I think someone before me asked the same...), and yes I already looked in the grid in Prism but I haven't seen it anywhere there...
Well think logically. Tri attack is a combination of Fire, Electric, and Ice, so a "Tri" type would be a combination of the three. Thus, if something is weak to one or more, then they would be weak (flying for instance), and if something RESISTS one or more, then they resist it (like Fire)

Completed: Red, Silver, and Emerald. Platinum eventually...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

I'll announce it this weekend, I got three midterms this week so... yeah you all know how much work I get done when I have school in the way... none.

Here's a clue though: It's something that Gold has that Brown doesn't.

Brown:

Twitter
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!

Hmm...Something new that gold has only? I can think of a few things it could be, like Celebi...

Well, good luck implementing it, it shall be interesting.
The distortion of antimatter signifies the dark one's arrival
Dragonadopters | Friend codes | Prism | Snakewood | Life of Guardians| Credits
Old February 23rd, 2010, 04:16 PM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NecromancingSaga
color? genders? radio? pokegear?
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'll announce it this weekend, I got three midterms this week so... yeah you all know how much work I get done when I have school in the way... none.

Here's a clue though: It's something that Gold has that Brown doesn't.
Could it be shiny pokemon? Or happiness (as in, Pokemon happiness)? :\ It's not day and night, is it?

Pokémon Aureolin

Old February 24th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Lati-Fan95

I guess an intern clock and Day and Night or/and happiness for Bliss, Espe etc.?

Well, I´m done with the Dungeon, every Poke was like 30 levels stronger than mine but I pwned all! And great music choice btw for the dungeon areas! I also got a Lugia. Is it possible to get Ho-oh, too?
Please feed my Pokes:
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote:
I guess an intern clock and Day and Night or/and happiness for Bliss, Espe etc.?

Well, I´m done with the Dungeon, every Poke was like 30 levels stronger than mine but I pwned all! And great music choice btw for the dungeon areas! I also got a Lugia. Is it possible to get Ho-oh, too?

If I'm correct, you either get Ho-oh or Lugia, not both, just like the other legendaries.

Pokémon Aureolin

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here