The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
shinytoxicmuk
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
as long as you have all the gyms and stuff done it looks good. it really annoys me when someone starts a beta but only does the first two or three gyms. what the hell is the point? anyway, keep up the good work!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:30 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
The map needs work, the mountains are too square and the tree placement is too square.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
Dry
Team Rocket Elite No. 16

Will you remove the evolution blocks on trade pokemon? so they evole at a certain level?

DONT LISTEN TO THOSE WHO TALK TRASH ABOUT TO MANY FLOWERS ect.
your maps are wonderful considering most of them have been completly remapped which isnt easy to do a good job of.

keep up the good work ;P
No
Then why am i lucky?
Your lucky because i was in a Good mood today
Wha?...
Like i said, Watch yourself...
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
AEX
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry View Post
Will you remove the evolution blocks on trade pokemon? so they evole at a certain level?

DONT LISTEN TO THOSE WHO TALK TRASH ABOUT TO MANY FLOWERS ect.
your maps are wonderful considering most of them have been completly remapped which isnt easy to do a good job of.

keep up the good work ;P
Thanks for all the positive comments. HolyStar and I are still scripting whatever is left with the game to make the Alpha/Beta. We can't confirm when it will be released, but at least we're working on it.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:25 AM
Daiko7
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
That is a beautifully detailed map of your region.

Platinum Friend Code: 2793 9375 8951

Old December 10th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Sorry there guys! It's been an incredibly busy week, with finals coming up next week too! The good news is that once next week is over, I'll be free to work with this game all through winter break!

In lieu of no updates for a while now, here's the game's box art:

Spoiler:

EDIT: And here is a new support banner, too!

Code:
[url*=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227][img*]http://i49.tinypic.com/6qidlz.png[/img][/url]

Remove the asterisks to use!
Thanks go to Metagross for both the box art and the support banner!

Last edited by Bela; December 10th, 2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old December 15th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Sorry for not updating recently. I have finals this week! Expect me to get back to working on this game right afterward though. =)
Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Spacial Sage
i don't care if you don't.

Nice progress so far. ;D I should have the sprite of Professor Larch done by tomorrow- Professor Elm has no in-game sprites aside from overworld, so right now I'm heavily modifying your sketch. If there's another trainer sprite you'd like me to edit, feel free to PM it to me. I can't wait to see what this is like when it's finished.

3095 6553 4902

Old December 24th, 2009, 08:29 AM
BR25
The guy who loses at everythin

I must say your mapping is good and it's looking good so far keep
up the good work

FF fan club member

Click here to feed me a Seaweed!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Fr0ZeN-LIgeR
recovering facebook addict

Nature: Adamant
i love this hack and as much as i'd like to help u im not much of a hacker but i have some ideas if u'd be up for suggestions

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old December 30th, 2009, 03:54 PM
ChaosNinjat
Dragon Ranger

Nature: Adamant
Hey, I'm probably too late to help with anything, but I'm really liking the look of this game, so if you need a spriter, you only need to ask PM me, or email me at [email protected]

Hacks I support:
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

I guess I need to prove that I, as well as this rom hack, are not dead.

This is Professor Larch's intro sprite:
Spoiler:

This is the male hero, Aster. There will be a female hero (Rose), although this character will not be available in the first alpha release.
Spoiler:

This is the intro sprite for the rival, Allen:
Spoiler:

Currently I'm working on all of the scripts necessary for the beginning of the game; right now I'm creating the level script for Larch taking you into his lab. I've created the scripts for choosing a starter Pokemon--of which are the 9 starters from previous games.

The other day I was looking at Zel's Shiny Gold (which I assume is the quality I should be aiming for since that game receives so much praise), and I thought to myself, "If I just created new trees and made the water and grass a different shade of blue/green, clearly people will like the game more!" So I may edit the trees, grass, and water in the future!
Old January 15th, 2010, 03:30 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
wow, this game seems going great! i cant wait, i understand that this takes time
i love ur maps, this looks nintendo-ish, its great

hope to see more progress

Old January 15th, 2010, 06:19 PM
ultimatedood
Beginning Trainer

The maps look too square, and perfect.
They look unnatural.

Although, amazing job on Royal Forest. Much better than the others (I've seen).

I will be posting a banner, for your sig later. Still working.
Oh fffffffuuuu... I literally was about to save, and gimp fffing froze.

I had it perfect, spent a good 30 mins on it.
[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/64gnch.png[/img]

Spoiler:
Can you raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
If you can raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

Last edited by ultimatedood; January 15th, 2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

I really don't understand this "too square" thing you guys keep talking about. Just look at a normal Pokemon game. They don't follow these imaginary codes of conduct that you guys are applying here. They're just as square.

I can't remember the last town I went to where the houses were distributed _in a chaotic, random pattern_ by the contractors. I'm pretty sure when people build towns, they follow a blueprint that places those houses in the most efficient patterns possible to allow for the most area; in other words, my game having square towns is actually more "natural" than the imaginary standard people here seem to have.

If you're arguing that I should break from this "Nintendo" style of mapping, well I'm sorry but that's just how I prefer to do things. To be honest, I don't like everyone's attempt to be realistic (since this IS Pokemon, why exactly are you trying to make it like reality?) This fixation on how the maps look is, to me, a secondary priority. I would like to just HAVE maps made and HAVE scripts written before I start worrying about how "pretty" I make everything look. (And honestly, when you play a Pokemon game, are you playing it for how "pretty" it looks?) The day will come when I polish Pokemon Rose with things like DP Poke Centers, custom made trees and palettes, and so on. It's not my top priority. My top priority is to make Centiq exist first before making it exist in small chunks. To me that seems to be why most rom hacks fail to be completed; their creators worried about it looking -just- right and basically spent all of their time working on the first few parts of the game; burning themselves out, they lost interest in finishing their game and it became like so many other games--incomplete and forgotten.

That's not what I want to have happen to my game. I understand people like games to use something other than the FR tiles/maps. If you guys would like to help me change that, I would love to receive your assistance in doing so! =)

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

Spoiler:
Pokemon Rose will be a trilogy. I only attempt to be "canon" in this first game, so don't worry about all of the specifications I give as it's just to make it fit properly with the official games' world! I also drop the usage of pre-existing characters like Team Rocket or Red (yes, he does appear in this game!) in the second and third games. Expect many new characters to pop up in future releases!

Last edited by Bela; January 16th, 2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:19 AM
ultimatedood
Beginning Trainer

I take it back - The maps, after I reviewed them again, they actually look really perfect. 9.5/10

Heres what we are talking about
http://i47.tinypic.com/2v9rzuu.png
(I cannot post links)

Spoiler:
Can you raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
If you can raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

Last edited by ultimatedood; January 16th, 2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old January 16th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

I don't do that with water routes. In that particular place, my first concern was preventing the player from seeing past the building since doing so would show the water border block I used there. The rest of that likely is going to be moved around. You don't visit that particular map until after getting the second badge, so it isn't something to worry about just yet!
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:36 PM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Okay, I decided to stay late tonight, so here you go:
Spoiler:

I didn't know what colour larch's hair was, so I made it gray. Use palette 6.

God I'm tired.

Your knight from the plane of light

Last edited by NiKaNoRoU; January 17th, 2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 04:32 PM
brocko
Beginning Trainer

hey why dont you use zels pokemon shiny gold trainer sprites
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Thank you for the overworld, Nika!

A small list of things that I have done in the realm of scripting:

- Event with the player's Mother which determines starters
- Event with Professor Larch outside
- Event with Professor Larch inside, choosing starter Pokemon
- Event with Rival, in which you fight him
- Event in Elderoak Town, in which an old man gives you a tour of the town and gives you the Town Map

Expect more soon! If I can get enough time after school and work, I *might* have a beta release by this coming weekend.
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Hello everybody! Today I'm showing off the palette changes and tile insertions I've made, and how this has affected Springate Town and Route 650. Yes, I have finally settled on what route numbers to use! A couple of credits need to be given around for this work; I'll update my thread with that and more later.

Old February 10th, 2010, 01:42 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
They look Great! :D
Good work on them!
Much better than the default tiles.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:27 PM
josh354
Scripter

Nature: Relaxed
I like the tiles. The only thing about the palette I don't like is the bright blue-green color at the base of the tree. Everything else looks great, but that one color really sticks out to me.
Old February 10th, 2010, 07:03 PM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh354 View Post
I like the tiles. The only thing about the palette I don't like is the bright blue-green color at the base of the tree. Everything else looks great, but that one color really sticks out to me.
^ that and the tile of the blue house you just inserted seems a bit bright when It's put right next to the trees, try to stick with one style of tile (lol that rhymes), in otherwords either full custom, or full fire red. The tiles themselves look nice, you should experiment abit with the pallettes though, other than that, your mapping could use a bit of work from what I've seen.

well good luck

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Machop
Supreme ruler of the universe

Nature: Timid
I love the maps, I don't see why some people are complaining about them :D. And the tiles are pretty nice too, especially the trees and the houses, but I think the fire/lava tiles on Cinderock Volcano look ugly.

Anyway good luck with this hack.

Hacks I like:

Last edited by Machop; February 11th, 2010 at 11:41 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here