• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] KKN's Art & Design

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Yeah, really.

Nevermind. I won't be wearing that one. I'll be wearing THIS one!
Millennium_Puzzle_T3_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

And here I thought my previous was sexy. lol

kyunyo

-nomnomnomnom-
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2010
Woah... that's so much drawings. =O A shame my internet hates me so much I'm not able to open all of them. xD But from what I see so far, that's a lot. =O
How long have you been drawing? C: And how long does it take you to draw one picture? xD (I think this question has been asked before, but too lazy to look through the comments, haha. xD)

I really like it~ C: Do you have a tablet to color digitally? =O

(Lol, sorry if I'm asking so much questions, I'm just curious. xD)

EDIT:

OMG, IS THAT THE MILLENIUM PUZZLE THING? O__O IT LOOKS SO FRIGGIN AWESOME.
I agree with you man, that is totally sexy. o3o -loves the shininess-

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I recently noticed that a lot of those links won't work properly because, apparantly, when I started grouping my deviations, the URLs changed. I'll try to fix that later. I've been drawing for a long time, but I first started getting serious about it back in 2003, but my 'better' drawings have occured since 2007. The time it takes for me to draw a picture depends on what the drawing is of (a human/humanoid character or animal/creature) and the amount of details. I can sketch most Pokemon under 30 minutes, but it takes about 15+ minutes to clean up the lines (which I usually only do when I'm going to color it). I usually spend 1+ hour(s) sketching my original characters, which is probably about how long it takes for me to draw other human/humanoid characters, but I've never timed myself. Time to color the image varies depending on the coloring style I use (one of my favorites, the one used on 'Dark Magician Girl' and 'Kj Again'/'Kj with Banner,' takes 2+ hours while another favorite of mine, digital watercolors, like those on 'Aki Colored,' takes less than 20 minutes, usually).

I'm glad you like them. Unfortunately, I do not have a tablet to color digitally. Just a mouse pad.

I don't mind all the questions. I'm happy to answer them. :)

Yes, that is the Millennium Puzzle thing. Thanks. ^^

Last edited:

kyunyo

-nomnomnomnom-
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2010
Ohh... I see. It'd be nice to see all of the works you did. xD haha.

That seems really fast...x__x I take hours to decide on what pose, maybe cus I'm so indecisive... You're really dedicated to your work, that's good~ XD

WOH. REALLY? Just a mouse? That... that really takes a lot of time and patience... o_o; (And it gives hand cramps doesn't it? X_x)

xD No problem, it looks really real and looks awesome~

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Well, the best way to view all of my works is my clicking here.

I occasionally take time to figure out a pose, sometimes even take a pic of myself as a reference), but it usually just happens as I draw.

Eh, I'm used to the mouse. I've been using it for years, so it doesn't bother me.

^^

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
Years
mouse=pain in the backside. i don't even use them as a pointer i hate them so hard.
you= a god for being able to use one. *all hail ye. all hail*
that updated puzzle= super-special-happy-awesome.
seriously, the details have all been picked out so well @w@ a huge improvement on the last one!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Why do people have the urge to worship me today? You're the second one.

I think so too. Thanks. :)

Here are some more Millennium Items that I've been working on:
Millennium_Necklace_and_Eye_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

Key_and_Rod__working_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

Millennium_Ring__working_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

The Millennium Necklace needs a chain. The Millennium Key ended up breaking, so I'm going to try to remake it with plaster or something. The Rod and Ring still need to dry and be painted. I like how these are turning out (well, besides the Key).

Last edited:

Kamushi

God, I love Denmark! <3
Years
Awwww, dude, these millenium items are the best xD
I want Bakura's one! xD U know... Necklace! xd

Kamushi

God, I love Denmark! <3
Years
Yay! You finaly did it! xD Make one for me. I love it. Of course i'm talking about Necklace. Do you use gold spray for this color or something else?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I would make one for you... but I would need some cash in exchange. I doubt you're willing to pay what I would ask. Even if you were, it's very likely that it would break during shipping; it would be better off if you picked it up personally, another thing that I highly doubt you'd do.

Are you sure you're talking about the Necklace? You mentioned before that you wanted Bakura's, which happens to be the Millennium Ring. Though it works like a necklace, it isn't actually the Millennium Necklace. The Millennium Necklace is eye-like shape on the main right (though it lacks a chain).

Yeah, I used metallic gold spray paint on all of these.

Thanks. :)

Vorpalis

Creator of Pokemon Chromite
Years
Your artwork... they just... blew me away. o_o It's so good. I really like it, each time I click a link, something awesome pops out.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Millennium Rod that my dad and I made
Millennium_Rod_WIP_3_Final_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

My dad did most of the work (the wood work portion). I drew the template and sculpted the eye and rings. It measures about 1'03". I like it, but we're currently working on another that, imo, looks better than this one. Now only gott'a make the Millennium Scales. (Note: I've already made the Millennium Key/Ankh, but I haven't posted it here because I'm not particularly proud of it. However, you can still see it in a pic in my dA gallery.)

UPDATE: Shugo Nekaisu (Click him to view the larger version)

If you've looked through my gallery, you've probably met Nekaisu. However, if you have not, here's some info about this lil' cutie: Inspired by Peach-Pit's anime/manga "Shugo Chara!" and inspired by my original character, Kj'kun, this is Nekaisu, one of my Guardian Characters. His name is a combination of the Japanese words for cat (neko) and ice (aisu). Unlike most Guardian Characters, Nekaisu is actually a fusion of two of my other Guardian Characters: Maneki and Shimo (look at the link for "My Updated Shugo Charas").

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Midreavus is so kawaii! ^w^
Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE:

Celebi__s_Forest_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

Celebi's Forest: I got to class early (by like... 2 hours) and eventually started doodling Pokemon sketches. Typically, I cannot draw a Celebi, but I actually managed to do so this day. As soon as I got home, I scanned it and began cleaning up the lines and coloring. I thought it looked pretty nice, so I was going to make a background for it, but, instead, I asked a friend of mine if she wanted to help. She was happy to and went riding in the hills until she found a nice foresty area and snapped a picture. I then applied the Celebi pic and added some shadows, contrast, and glowy effects to make it nice together. If you want to see what the Celebi pic looked like before the background was added, click here.

Laprince_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

Laprince: An attempted Lapras evo that was originally going to be a Lapras, but I customized it a little much. I like how the drawing itself turned out, but I'm not a big fan of the concept. While Lapras really doesn't need an evo, if it had one, I think it would look way cooler than this.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: I can't believe I didn't update at all through the entire month of May. D:

Nekoban_Ryo__still_working_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Nekoban Ryo redesign, STILL in progress: I still have yet to finalize Nekoban Ryo's new design, but he's looking better. :)

_Cronomew__by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

What happened to this Mew?: After seeing several Mew tweaks, I decided to create my own. It's a Psychic/Dark-type Mew.

Mijumaru.png

Mijumaru Sketch: Not only is this the first pic I've drawn of Mijumaru, but it's also the first 5th Generation Pokemon I've ever drawn. The pose isn't very original, but that's common amongst my first-time Pokemom drawings. It's just a rough sketch, but I figured I should upload it since I hadn't uploaded any real drawings in a while.

Dream_Inspired_Mishap_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Sun Beast: I had a dream a while back. In the dream, a big orange dragonish (very serpent-like, as its body was really long) creature with the face (more like a mask) of a lion mixed with a sun and big eerie cat-like eyes had passed right through my bedroom window and slowly (VERY slowly) drifted through my house, to the living room where the next window was, then it passed through that one and left. I remember telling my mom to stay away from it because she would die if she touched it. I knew it represented an immense heat, possibly that of the sun itself. When I awoke, all I could think was "Huh, that was an interesting creature...." so I figured I should sketch it while it was fresh in my mind. It wasn't as fresh as I thought, but I got the basic idea down. However, it doesn't seem near as eerie in the sketch as it did in the dream and I'm pretty sure I had left out several features (such as the amount of whiskers). To make up for it, I put little arrows and notes all over the place saying stuff like "but even creepier" and "not a good thing." I later (not too long before before I uploaded this) decided to try to make a cleaner pic, possibly more detailed, on my computer. I only made its face but, while it does share some similarities with the beast in my dream (though very little as I still didn't capture the eeriness or even the colors), it looks more like a tropical punch mascot. :/

HeavenEarth_Starter___Xyawhon_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

HeavenEarth Starter, Xyawhon: I've not been drawing much lately. Over the course of the past few weeks, whenever I'd try to draw a human-like character, it wouldn't work out. I remembered today that whenever I usually can't draw human characters, I'm a bit better at drawing creatures like Fakemon. Since I had recently revived my HeavenEarth project, I figured I would try to redraw some of my Fakemon in better poses for the game. First one I decided to redraw was this thing, Xyawhon. Xyawhon (Zai uh wahn) is a Dragon/Flying starter in HeavenEarth Version. Rather than sticking with the typical starter types, I decided to use Ice/Water, Dragon/Flying, & Electric/Ground. Xyawhon is listed as the Small Drake Pokemon. Its name might be a reference to zircon, a type of crystal (notice the diamond shape on Xyawhon's head). Of course, this is not the finalized art, but is probably the most I'll do with this image. I really want to get another Sugi-style artist in the project...

Back