The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM
HackChu
I need a haircut...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Modest
Hello Community!

I am actually surprised no one has said much about what I'm going to say here. I'm sure everyone liked it that in Emerald when you fight the Magma's at the Space Center you got to tag team with Steven. HOW COOL IS THAT???

Anyway I was looking on how to do this because my hack needs this kind of battle. So I begin experimenting and have looked at Emeralds script on that battle so I can do something similar on Firered. But guess what? There's was no trainerbattle command, that's because the battle itself is a special. So knowing this I went to firered and thought well this is impossible to do than another thought came to mind. How the hell is it possible for the linked battles to have tag teams? I begin looking at the script inside the battle room and cam upon specials. One of them brings up a menu where you choose 3 pokemon so I thought I was getting somewhere. Than another special brung up a battle with a "?"(that missingno type of pokemon)and after the battle the game crashed Im sure its because it was checking for the link or whatever. So now im at a hiatus. I'm thinking that if I can look at the special on Emerald through ASM than I can figure a way to corporate it on firered by editing the special I explained.

The special 0x29 brings up the choose 3pokemon screen. Special 0x20 brings up the "linked battle". I have NO knowledge on ASM but I know there are talented guys here like JPAN who can crack this and expose it wide open. So you guys any ideas on how this tag team battle can happen in Firered?

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Giga Universe
Working on a tool.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via ICQ to Giga Universe Send a message via AIM to Giga Universe Send a message via Yahoo to Giga Universe Send a message via Skype™ to Giga Universe
What might be better is if you didn't select Pokémon, like when you pair up in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. If someone wants an event that has constant tag-team battles, the Select a Pokémon screen could be annoying.

Sponsored Links