The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old October 25th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Micklo
Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Nintendo Fangame Convention

Well everyone, I've been looking forward to this day for months. Please visit the Nintendo Fangame Convention where there's plenty going on. Alternatively, go straight to the Booths Page
to see all the fantastic work everyone has been putting in.

...Although then again, if you're just interested in my game, why not go direct to My Game Booth for plenty or exclusive content, which won't be added to this thread until after the Convention has finished. So if you want to see soem new exciting content, head on over!

I would also like to proudly announce the revelation of Blu the Pikablu, the other main character of Pokémon: Lost and Found, who, before the events of the game, was a human and was somehow turned into a Pokémon. There is a whole page on him at my booth so head on over there!

...Well, I said I wouldn't post anything here, but I couldn't reisit posting the trailer, could I? Enjoy!

Enjoy the Convention, support me by posting lots and lots here and there, vote for my game etc. Do your bit!

And now I'm off for a conveniently planned short holiday. Will be back before the weekend and start doing some more game work then!

See ya!

Truffles Llyf Rhinasto Fauna Socrates Splish Micklo

Old October 26th, 2009, 12:02 AM
masterpokemontrainer
Master Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to masterpokemontrainer
wow! cool video. i'm not too sure about the battle system though. maybe you could change it to look more like mystery dungeon's battle system or the classic pokemon system? oh and by the way, cool blu sprites

Spoiler:

Old October 26th, 2009, 11:52 PM
ArchXDeath
Eevee Trainer!

Nature: Lonely
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! Is all I can say! Cool Trailer! What language is the voice at the end? *Checks* Sounds like Spanish, or Japanese....I can't tell....
I don't exactly like the battles either, but you're using RPG Maker XP, right? If I'm right, then I find it makes sense...since I can't figure out how to work variables or write scripts, even if my life depended on it...
Why a Pikablu? I was expecting something like...well I don't know, I just knew it would be a fakemon....but it isn't...exactly, since it is a...*Starts watching DBZ* "Fusionnnnnnnn---HAAAA!!!!!"
Wow this is really long...okay one more. I think I know what the 'Berry Master' Pokemon is. But, would it be spoilers if I got it right?

The threads I liked that are closed now are below...
Spoiler:

Last edited by ArchXDeath; October 27th, 2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Pikablu...is an odd name...
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:39 AM
gerronix12
Beginning Trainer

very nice, it's really really good game as I read through the thread. when i watch the video of this game, it's really good and nice tilemaps. I also watch some of your videos in youtube about pokemon lost and found. what I don't like about it is when the pokemon attack the enemy, because it looks nothing to me but the battle style is good though. maybe you should use some different animation for the attacks so it looks perfectly amazing.
Old November 1st, 2009, 08:52 AM
Micklo
Trainer

Well, the convention is over now, so I'm going to go and add all of the content to the first post. Thank you for your continual support everyone.

RE: The comments about the battle system... As I originally said in my first post, I want to try and do something abit different with a Pokémon Fangame, so am moving away from the classic system into a more FF style action, fast paced system. There are no battle animations, as this would have meant a lot of time and other areas suffering as a consequence (not all fangames have animations - just look at Pokémon Raptor!) I'll do a more detailed account of the battle system in my next update (see details below).

So now that the Nintendo Fangame Convetion is over and the big reveals passed, what is there to look forward to now? Plenty, I tell you! Specifically, you can look forward to December when I shall be doing a big reveal each day of the month in the Pokémon: Lost and Found Advent Calendar! Yup, that's right! Every single day, I shall add details on a new recruitable Pokémon.

Other than that, work goes on as usual with the game. Over the next few weeks you can look forward to the following updates:

- Slakoth, Aipom, the world map and the battle system
- Cherrim and Vespiqueen
- A reveal of the WHOLE of Berry Forest
- A reveal of an important area to the back of Berry Forest...
- Revolution of a very special interactive mechanic to the game
- Finally, the end of Berry Forest and a very special mechanic of the battle system

...And finally I went ahead and darkened the tile pallettes to make everythign fit together much nicer:

Until next time!

Old November 1st, 2009, 11:06 AM
masterpokemontrainer
Master Trainer

The new tileset is much better and I can't wait to find out what "an important area to the back of Berry Forest" is! I've been looking at all of the Berry Forest updates and it seems that it's coming on really well. Keep up the good work.

Spoiler:

Old November 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
ArchXDeath
Eevee Trainer!

Sweet, an Advent Calender...does that mean on Christmas we get a HUGE GINORMOUS revelation?

Spoiler:

Last edited by ArchXDeath; November 17th, 2009 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Wait...I really did Ginormous?! Wow...
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:21 AM
masterpokemontrainer
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchXDeath View Post
Sweet, an Advent Calender...does that mean on Christmas we get a HUGE GINORMOUS revelation?
I for one sincerly hope so. Maybe Pikablu is really an evil Pokémon inside even though he doesn't realise!

Spoiler:

Old November 7th, 2009, 10:33 AM
johnboy
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpokemontrainer View Post
I for one sincerly hope so. Maybe Pikablu is really an evil Pokémon inside even though he doesn't realise!
I hope so as well. I must say that this game seems spiffing. I just hope that the amfibious work continues for the duration of the year.
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Micklo
Trainer

Hi everyone!

Only been able to do a bit of work on the game this weekend due to various things but next week I should be able to make lots more progress!

RE: the past couple of comments...thank you for your support, adn I'm still deciding whether to have a big Christmas reveal or not. It will all depend on how much work I get done between now and then! And masterpokemontrainer, I can confirm that Pikablu ISN'T evil!

So I've been thinking about PokéTown and some of the buildings in it, and ahve started to design the restaurant (which has turned out to be a diner!). Which of the three versions below do people prefer?

Just to note, I;m not really a spriter, so don't expect miracles. If anyone would be willing to be a scratch spriter for this game (as I have thought up quite a few things that I'll need) then please post an example of some of your work.

Until next time!

Old November 8th, 2009, 06:51 AM
masterpokemontrainer
Master Trainer

Wow! A diner! The one with the text only looks better, I think. I'd love to be a scratch spriter for your game so I'll send you some of my work as soon as possible!

Are you sure Pikablu isn't evil?

By the way, johnboy, I don't really think amfibious is the right word!

Spoiler:

Old November 8th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

Nature: Careful
All of the diners are great. I think the third one with the text and picture is the best of them all.
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:48 PM
ArchXDeath
Eevee Trainer!

Hm, I'm kinda weird this way, but I would like it better if you centered the things more...I like symmetry...but it seems kinda hard to be able to make that symmetrical... Though, I like the 3rd one.

Spoiler:

Old November 8th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Chesu
Boss Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchXDeath View Post
I like symmetry...but it seems kinda hard to be able to make that symmetrical...
Actually, all he(?) would have to do is make it one tile wider, with the door in the middle. The letters would have to be spaced out a bit more, though. I'm also a stickler for symmetry, Pokemon like Zangoose and Deoxys kill me. Girafarig is borderline, but its name is a palindrome, so it gets a pass.

Anyway, I like the one with just text; the Munchlax face looks a bit out of place. It would look better in more normal colors (the door and doorknob even have an appropriate palette for it), and I can't really tell why it goes under the white line. You could also try doing it in the same pink and white as the letters.

Updated 11/07/10.
Old November 14th, 2009, 09:28 AM
masterpokemontrainer
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesu View Post
Actually, all he(?) would have to do is make it one tile wider, with the door in the middle. The letters would have to be spaced out a bit more, though. I'm also a stickler for symmetry, Pokemon like Zangoose and Deoxys kill me. Girafarig is borderline, but its name is a palindrome, so it gets a pass.

Anyway, I like the one with just text; the Munchlax face looks a bit out of place. It would look better in more normal colors (the door and doorknob even have an appropriate palette for it), and I can't really tell why it goes under the white line. You could also try doing it in the same pink and white as the letters.
I agree with Chesu-on just about all he just mentioned! I don't really agree with all that stuff about Girafarig as it is my favourite Pokémon but that's not really the point! I also think the colour of the text looks a bit...unatural.

Spoiler:

Old November 14th, 2009, 09:51 AM
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
this is interesing :] keep up the good work
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Dark_Soull
Dark_Soul xD

excellent and very original idea is still going very well.

good bye
Old November 22nd, 2009, 05:32 AM
ArchXDeath
Eevee Trainer!

Wow, it's almost December. Getting close to the Advent Calendar! So, who else is excited? Well...actually it's kinda hard to get excited...but whatever. Good luck with all the updates you've promised us Micklo...Muahahahahaha!
Advent Calendar reminds me of Advent Children...FF7!

Spoiler:

Last edited by ArchXDeath; November 23rd, 2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: I think you could call this spam...sorry.
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:09 PM
ArchXDeath
Eevee Trainer!

December! Sweet! Start the Advent Calendar! Call me a spammer, flag me, report me, ban me! Just start the huge surprises!
Sorry, for spamming....

Spoiler:

Old February 21st, 2010, 07:18 AM
bertolli
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly

WONDERFULL! i can't wait!release a beta soon!

Old February 21st, 2010, 08:13 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Please don't post in threads over a month old unless you are the thread creator.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links