• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Well, if you ARE working on a new patch for Brown, check Ditto's moves. I found some that used Horn Drill and Sleep Powder (and one other move that I can't think of right now) as well as transform.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Just to let you all know, someone finally sent me a sav file where they got frozen on the healing pad in Haunted Forest (since it only happened to certain people for some reason), therefore I'm finally able to see what's wrong and fix it. I'm working on a patch that will fix that problem, and fix a few other things (Such as some of the pokemon you meet in the beginning not learning moves until level 20 or so.) So expect an update for Brown this week.

It's good that you're fixing the heal pad! :D I just started playing Borwn again and when I was in the Haunted Forest, it annoyed me that I couldn't heal. >_< Additionally, is Shadow Ball meant to be a Dark type move? :S Because, if I remember correctly, in the games it's ghost. Sorry if this is intentional.

Finally, I am really glad Brown is getting updated! :D I think it is a really great ROM hack and I always find myself playing it over and over again! xD Completed it 2 or 3 times now, I lost count. xD

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
I wonder what the new thing will be...? Oh, where are the locations for Larvitar in Pokemon Brown. You can get them in Botan's cave with the dynamite men, I don't know where else.

What? In Botan's cave is one? didn't know that... Well, I think I bumped into one while I was in the Final Dungeon...^^

Well, I'm still in it with my Lv.60 pokes!^^ I pwned Drake's Gyarados with my Paras Lv.17 (lol epic win! xD) !^^ I'm at the moment in the final Dungeon and it still makes a lot of fun!^^ I was really surprised about the whole changes that you made, especially type-wise!^^ It was one of the most enjoyable hacks I've played so far, I might play it again some months later!^^

But I have a little question: Tri attack has got its own Type (Tri). Can you say the weaknesses and the resistences of the Tri Type (I think someone before me asked the same...^^), and yes I already looked in the grid in Prism but I haven't seen it anywhere there...

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2016
Tried both and it didn't work... Well, the game's awesome, no matter if it's in black and white or in color (although I only beat Karpman so far...^^)... I like the ever-present humor and that the first arena isn't an annoying rock arena!^^

go under options and gameboy and select automatic then reset the game that worked for me

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
But I have a little question: Tri attack has got its own Type (Tri). Can you say the weaknesses and the resistences of the Tri Type (I think someone before me asked the same...^^), and yes I already looked in the grid in Prism but I haven't seen it anywhere there...

Well think logically. Tri attack is a combination of Fire, Electric, and Ice, so a "Tri" type would be a combination of the three. Thus, if something is weak to one or more, then they would be weak (flying for instance), and if something RESISTS one or more, then they resist it (like Fire)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I'll announce it this weekend, I got three midterms this week so... yeah you all know how much work I get done when I have school in the way... none.

Here's a clue though: It's something that Gold has that Brown doesn't.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Hmm...Something new that gold has only? I can think of a few things it could be, like Celebi...

Well, good luck implementing it, it shall be interesting.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I'll announce it this weekend, I got three midterms this week so... yeah you all know how much work I get done when I have school in the way... none.

Here's a clue though: It's something that Gold has that Brown doesn't.

Could it be shiny pokemon? Or happiness (as in, Pokemon happiness)? :\ It's not day and night, is it? :P

Lati-Fan95

Years
I guess an intern clock and Day and Night or/and happiness for Bliss, Espe etc.?^^

Well, I´m done with the Dungeon, every Poke was like 30 levels stronger than mine but I pwned all!^^ And great music choice btw for the dungeon areas!^^ I also got a Lugia. Is it possible to get Ho-oh, too?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I guess an intern clock and Day and Night or/and happiness for Bliss, Espe etc.?^^

Well, I´m done with the Dungeon, every Poke was like 30 levels stronger than mine but I pwned all!^^ And great music choice btw for the dungeon areas!^^ I also got a Lugia. Is it possible to get Ho-oh, too?

If I'm correct, you either get Ho-oh or Lugia, not both, just like the other legendaries. :)

Lati-Fan95

Years
If I'm correct, you either get Ho-oh or Lugia, not both, just like the other legendaries. :)

Well, how can you choose?^^ It's only a guess, but I think you can choose when you don't talk to the grunt that says they only need to capture Lugia!^^

Hmm... I got another idea for this Brown hasn't it but Gold has thing!^^ Maybe inplementing the whole johto region, a secound region, a phone (or the whole Pokegear) ...^^

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh, i know. its gonna be the exp bar in battle. yay

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Gah, I completed the final dungeon yesterday, but it didn't save properly :(
Now I'm back at just after I beat the league. At least this time, I'll remember to use all my items so I can pick up the ones in the dungeon :P

Is Umbreon supposed to 'do nothing'? It struck me as rather odd... Also, when I battled a trainer using Leafeon (I think), it attacked twice, then used Struggle. Surely it can't have only 2 PP in total (or does it somehow have Struggle in its moveset)?

Is there any way you could expand the bag/item storage size? :P

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
There's a clue of the "New Feature" on my Youtube channel. Just put the pieces together. There will be also be an option not to use that feature is you prefer the old way.

Is Umbreon supposed to 'do nothing'? It struck me as rather odd... Also, when I battled a trainer using Leafeon (I think), it attacked twice, then used Struggle. Surely it can't have only 2 PP in total (or does it somehow have Struggle in its moveset)?

Is there any way you could expand the bag/item storage size? :P

Struggle was put in its moveset based on the Gen 4 move "Last resort". Looking at it now, that wasn't such a good idea. Umbreon just has a bad move ID, "Nothing" is just a placeholder to prevent glitch moves from happening just in case, so I'll fix that up in the next update. I won't be able to increase the bag/item storage size because of the RAM limitations of Gameboy. Gold's engine writes the ram in a more organized way, so that's why it can allow more packs.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
There's a clue of the "New Feature" on my Youtube channel. Just put the pieces together. There will be also be an option not to use that feature is you prefer the old way.

Struggle was put in its moveset based on the Gen 4 move "Last resort". Looking at it now, that wasn't such a good idea. Umbreon just has a bad move ID, "Nothing" is just a placeholder to prevent glitch moves from happening just in case, so I'll fix that up in the next update. I won't be able to increase the bag/item storage size because of the RAM limitations of Gameboy. Gold's engine writes the ram in a more organized way, so that's why it can allow more packs.

hehe, hat's quite ironic. :P One of my guesses after I posted my post earlier of what the new features could be was colour, although didn't mention it. xD But anyway, it looks great! :D I was hoping for day/night but that would be extremely hard to do/possibly impossible. Never the less, the new feature looks great! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back