• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Research: Pokemon data decrypting (asm code)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
ah I have been trying for two days now on taking the info from bublipidia and no go. can you be a bit more descriptive on what I should do. Thanks~

Luster

Form changing script (HINT)
Years
Oh God, I am so stuck. How do you actually use these? XSE? Hex editor? please halp... I am trying to make a script to change arceus/rotom/giratina/deoxys etc forms without going through evolutions. If anyone can help, I would be forever grateful

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I can't seem to find a way to add an attachment in my first post, so here is the file with the code compiled.

Use: open up in hex editor, find the line where the character part says it starts, and copy from that line up to the one filled with FF (both codes should end in bd, no more after that)

Edit: an error in the file, where it is written "decryption code starts at 0x1b0" should read "encryption code starts at 0x1b0".
And on the edit button, I see no way to manage attatchments, so... I'm sorry.

This resouce has sooo much in it, but for some reason, everything gave me bad eggs. Most of the people who know ASM have probably already figured this out, but no one actually posted what the solution was. For anyone who used JPAN's compiled decryption/encryption, the problem was actually quite simple: there was another typo, the line "encryption code starts at 0x1b0" should read "encryption code starts at 0x1a0". This may seem quite simple, but it left me stuck for almost 4 hours:D until I gave up and just converted the entire document to ASM instructions and realized I had the wrong starting point.

I hope this helps anyone looking to add some cool new in-game Pokemon editing to their hacks!

Years
Hm, does anyone know how I could change the gender and nickname of a Pokémon?

I've got everything else to work but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing for that.

karatekid552

Years
Hm, does anyone know how I could change the gender and nickname of a Pokémon?

I've got everything else to work but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing for that.

Gender is linked into the PID. this thread just deals with unencryting the Data section which was XOR'd with the PID word by word. I've wanted to know this too. Let me take a look at how the PID is set up. the coding here should proove useful as it resets the checksum which is necessary for any PID changes.

edit: I didn't read through this completely yet, but it should be useful: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality

Years
Spherical Ice:
Okay, so I know that you have to set the fourth byte of the Pokémon's PID to 0xFE to make it female. I have no idea what I do with this information D:

I still don't understand ASM despite the tutorials I've read.

karatekid552

Years
Spherical Ice:
Okay, so I know that you have to set the fourth byte of the Pokémon's PID to 0xFE to make it female. I have no idea what I do with this information D:

I still don't understand ASM despite the tutorials I've read.

Well, the decryption routine and the encryption routine will recalculate the checksum, so if we use those and then in between them, we change the last (first? Reverse hex, or is it already reverse? IDK) byte to 0xFE, it should work.

To accomplish this, you would just load the offset of the byte you want to change into r0 and then 0xFE into r1 and then strb r1, [r0]. Fairly simple, if you understand it.:p Hit me up on MSN sometime and I might be able to help you understand it better.

Years
I'm a bit an old fashioned pokemon gamer. I really love the firered remake and the abilities, but i'm not very fond of the natures system. I want to give all (gifts/wild/trainerbattle) pokemon the docile nature (in other words, use the normal stats they had in red/blue). i guess some ASM is required when the pokemon is generated, has anyone looked into this so far or do i start from scratch?

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Hi,

I have a little problem with the decryption code.
I use the code in the emerald version and it works fine but there is still one problem:
the four blocks of the pokemon substructures don't have the order they should still have. It is every time a different order which makes it impossible to me to change data like happiness.

I wonder how could this work for other people who posted in this thread.
I only had changed the addresses of the party and the var 8004 to make it work for my language version of emerald.

Can someone help me please?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 18, 2014
Hey. Do you know how to add Rotom and all of its forms? I was told that it was only possible through ASM. I don't feel right asking for its code or something, but could you tell me what I have to code into the game? I understand HEX though (I use HEX Workshop if there's any difference in programs) and from what I see, ASM is just flipped HEX. Can you help me out?

karatekid552

Years
Hey. Do you know how to add Rotom and all of its forms? I was told that it was only possible through ASM. I don't feel right asking for its code or something, but could you tell me what I have to code into the game? I understand HEX though (I use HEX Workshop if there's any difference in programs) and from what I see, ASM is just flipped HEX. Can you help me out?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299696

You need to read this.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Erasing all EV's
This last code receives nothing and returns nothing, changing only all EV's to 0.
Spoiler:

Ready version
Spoiler:

Sorry for bumping, but does someone knows how to use this correctly?
I thought it would be as simple as to put the "ready version" in a free offset, and then, that offset +1 would be the field usage of an item, but i was completely wrong since it's not working that way >_< ...
I hate how hard to understand the ASM is >_<

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Sorry for bumping, but does someone knows how to use this correctly?
I thought it would be as simple as to put the "ready version" in a free offset, and then, that offset +1 would be the field usage of an item, but i was completely wrong since it's not working that way >_< ...
I hate how hard to understand the ASM is >_<

You don't use this at all. You should use the built in functions that handle this all for you.

Back