The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 28th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Don't worry about college slowing you down. I'm sure everyone here on the boards will have a bit of a slow down when college/school kicks back in.
Good luck and I'm looking forward to some more screenshots.
Glad I could help you out and as always, get in contact with me if you need help.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old September 5th, 2009, 03:09 PM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to GymLeaderLance99 Send a message via Yahoo to GymLeaderLance99
Heh, thanks, guys.

Slight Update
Well, getting back to college has slowed me down a bit, lol. But, everything should be fixed for consistency now (signs, trainer encounter themes/volume, etc). Luckily, I got more keen on the majority of this stuff when I was revising Route 38, so I didn't have to do much. The last thing I'll be doing is trying to finalize the whole switch thing in the Goldenrod Underground (again, thanks to N-D's help XD), and I should be able to release a demo that'll hopefully be glitch-free. Needless to say, I'll be play-testing the whole game myself to make sure of that. That way, we won't have what happened before happen again.

Old September 5th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Tudj
HeartGold :P

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tudj
Well, its still good to see more Johto remake games. Brings around a little nostalgia. Hopefully you can continue with the rest of this game.

ShadowDestiny AshGray ToxicPurple SilverCurrent
Old September 5th, 2009, 08:41 PM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

Send a message via AIM to GymLeaderLance99 Send a message via Yahoo to GymLeaderLance99
Thanks, Tudj.

Exciting Update! (Well, for me, anyway)
After doing some tweaking here and there, I finally have the Goldenrod Underground Switch thing all set up! I'm just glad I have it finished since I've been trying to figure it out for the better part of the last few weeks. Neo-Dragon, you helped out big-time. XD

With that done, I don't think there's anything else that needs to be tweaked for the moment. So, I'll be getting in touch with Shadow_Pingu (I expected him to get in touch with me) and see if the CBS is finished so I can start implementing it. For now, I'll play-test through the game to make sure it has no glitches and then release it as the "final" revised demo.

Old September 14th, 2009, 07:26 PM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

Update
Okay, I've played through the game, and I'm sure of it: there shouldn't be any glitches or mistakes in events now. I kept going back to the map I was on when I found any, so that should all be behind us now. I only have one thing to fix up (something involving the Togepi egg) that I've asked Neo-Dragon about, and I should be able to release the "final" revised demo shortly afterwards. As before, though, since the Kris charset isn't complete, she'll be piggy-backing off of Gold's sprites for surfing and the like. Can't be helped.

Old September 20th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Misty4Life
~Paired with a bribed shipper~

Nature: Relaxed
Wow, I'm so happy for you! You played through the whole game with no glitches? That's great. I'll await the next demo. : )

Credit to Miniryu for my theme~
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:02 PM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

Heh, thanks. Right now, I've started a playthrough as Kris just to make sure of it, and to retest the Togepi egg step thing, since I ended up saving the game in my Gold playthrough right at the Hall of Fame. From the looks of it, the post-Elite 4 game would have to start without a return to the Title Screen, but I'll worry about that after this is all done.

(I really wish I had someone to help finish up that Kris charset, because it looks weird having her walking form speed up when she's running, and I'd hate to have her piggyback off of Gold's sprites for biking and whatnot...D=)

Old October 11th, 2009, 11:30 AM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

Good Update
Well, first off, I apologize for not posting as much. School, my YGO! GX subbing, 5D's comparing, etc etc... Anyway, my Kris playthrough is finished, and I should've patched up any remaining glitches. And for the time being, Kris'll have no choice but to piggyback off of Gold's biking and surfing sprites. If and when a good spriter comes along, we'll hopefully have that all set up.

I'll upload the fixed, final revised demo for you guys to play through, and I'll get in touch with Shadow Pingu about the CBS.

Oh, and Neo-Dragon, if you're reading this, if you tried to reply to that last PM I sent you but couldn't, try again. I cleared up some space in my inbox a few days ago. XD

EDIT: Here's the link. *adds to first post*

Last edited by GymLeaderLance99; October 11th, 2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old October 11th, 2009, 12:39 PM
The Smell
Doof-Man

Nature: Adamant
This looks great! I never thought there was anything like this out there for RPG Maker! Nice job! :D

Old October 20th, 2009, 06:01 PM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smell View Post
This looks great! I never thought there was anything like this out there for RPG Maker! Nice job! :D
Heh, thanks, dude.

Kinda/Sorta Update
I talked to Pingu a little while ago, and, due to him being swamped with coursework (preventing him from doing much more work on it), we settled on him making a little "tutorial" I'll use to work on the rest of the CBS and whatnot. I hopefully shouldn't have a problem working on it when he finishes it up, aside from my own schoolwork.

Other than that, I haven't done much new work on the game, to be honest, since I'm doing my YGO GX subbing and the 5D's comparisons on the side. I'm definitely thinking of getting around to planning out what I'll be doing for Johto's Trick House, and planning out that "surprise" I mention at the end of the revised demo (and it'd actually be a good idea, I'd imagine). I don't want to start mapping out Kanto yet, though, since I want to wait until the CBS is all worked out before that, so I'd release the revised demo + CBS when the time comes.

Old October 30th, 2009, 10:47 PM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

Small Update
Well, not all that much news game-wise, since I haven't worked much on it. However, since I've recently been playing through LeafGreen, I decided to finally get around to making a chipset for the Celadon Restaurant, and used it to make the Olivine Cafe look more like a real one:

Also, I noticed a small thing I forgot to fix in Olivine's Pokemon Center door event. Basically, I forgot to make the switch that triggers the invisible->visible thing when you leave be the PC one instead of one of the other houses around. It's fixed now, but if you need it fixed in that demo, just go into another building and you'll be visible.

Last edited by GymLeaderLance99; October 30th, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old October 30th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Robofire2
Beginning Trainer

Sweet Game,good luck with anything else you need to do to improve it.
Old November 13th, 2009, 08:47 PM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

Thanks, dude.

Update
Finally got something brand new to update you guys on: the Trick House. After spending a good amount of time making a chipset for the Trick House (which I'll post in the Resources thread when I get a chance), I went in and got everything set for the first puzzle, which will combine Flash and Cut (since Flash alone would be too boring a challenge; I'll probably make a quiz puzzle after it to fit in between Cut and Strength in the HM/Badge order) to make certain trees only visible while Flash is on and some while Flash isn't (you'll be able to turn it off when you want, but you'll have to go into your Items and get it; I'd imagine it wouldn't be too tedious early in the game). Screens below:

Screen 1 is the outside on Route 35, and Screens 2 and 3 are of the lobby inside, 2 being when you first walk in and 3 when you find where he's hiding. 4 shows you the first part of the puzzle while Flash is off, while 5-7 are with Flash on. 8 shows the Trick Master telling you how he spent his night, and 9's the way out. I might shape it a bit differently so it doesn't look too much like the path in RSE, but I'll leave it like that for now until I get an idea.

I'll probably be working on the second puzzle for the next little while. I've also contacted Pingu about the CBS tutorial, so hopefully, he'll get back to me soon when he's able to so I can start working on finishing it up.

Last edited by GymLeaderLance99; November 13th, 2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
Fipo580
Beginning Trainer

Looks great! I really hope you finish this. I loved the GSC versions and I really want to play a remake
Old January 19th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Rajoute
Beginning Trainer

Looks nice !

I will try it (when ? )
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:55 PM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

*hopefully, this doesn't count as necroposting*

Thanks for the support, you two.

Very Slight "What's Going On?" Update
Sorry for the lack of updates, guys. Schoolwork, my YGO-related stuff, and college life have kinda distracted me from working on the Trick House like I wanted to. I've also been waiting for Shadow Pingu to send me the CBS thing to work on implementing it, but he hasn't returned my IM, and I haven't had a chance to talk to him in the last few weeks. I probably won't get back around to the Trick House until sometime next week or the week after, but I will try to get in touch with Pingu soon. I don't plan on quitting this game at all, but things will probably be worked on a bit at a time until Summer Break kicks in in about 3 months or so.

Old February 19th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Can you repost here DOWNLOAD LINK? I try download by old link... And it says ERROR.
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old February 19th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Zodiac.
Flannary Returns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
Can you repost here DOWNLOAD LINK? I try download by old link... And it says ERROR.
Dude, seriously - Read the rules - this thread hasn't had a post in 2 years, it's a dead topic.

Old February 19th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Please do not post in threads which have been inactive for more than two months.

Zodiac, please don't make posts about people breaking the rules. Doing so is called mini-modding, and is considered spam since it is always off-topic. Just report the post and move on.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here