The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1201    
Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:00 PM
GoldIsHero's Avatar
GoldIsHero
Hero Of Light
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pallet Town
Age: 20
Gender:
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
What rom is it? Like, Fr/Lg,R/S/E. language? all that info.
And, did you download the tools from HERE?
The ROM is called Mitic Island, a Hack of the Week. It's a hack of Ruby, and the language is Spanish. Yes, I download all the tools from here on this thread. It's a real pain :/

EDIT: My RHEA settings are

Game Title - PKMN MITIC
Game Code - MAD
Maker - Nintendo
Main Unit Code - 00
Device Type - 00
ROM Version - 00
Header Checksum - 2A (This 2A is in gray, and doesn't appear to be able to be edited)

Last edited by GoldIsHero; February 2nd, 2010 at 03:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1202    
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:49 AM
helloNL
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
if you wanna edit the rom you need to keep the old settings or you cant edit it
or you need to change every ini file and that isnt always possible
Reply With Quote
  #1203    
Old February 3rd, 2010, 04:21 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Superjail Penitentiary
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldIsHero View Post
The ROM is called Mitic Island, a Hack of the Week. It's a hack of Ruby, and the language is Spanish. Yes, I download all the tools from here on this thread. It's a real pain :/

EDIT: My RHEA settings are

Game Title - PKMN MITIC
Game Code - MAD
Maker - Nintendo
Main Unit Code - 00
Device Type - 00
ROM Version - 00
Header Checksum - 2A (This 2A is in gray, and doesn't appear to be able to be edited)
Well, you've been told already that the Header of the ROM is probably something A-Map or unLZgba doesn't know... they only can read regular ones... open up a CLEAN Spanish Fire Red ROM and copy the Game Title and the Game Code onto the one you are having trouble with. It should work just fine after that.
(Since RHEA stands for Rom Header Editor Advanced, it's quite obvious that this is a header problem, the maker of the hack has changed the header in hopes that someone wouldn't change things in the ROM, you SHOULD honor that and play it the way it was supposed to be played, since I assume you are doing this to change the Wild Pokemon data to get what you want... (I've seen it happen before so I'm just assuming.))
__________________
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
.
.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Age: 18
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Reply With Quote
  #1204    
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:54 AM
GoldIsHero's Avatar
GoldIsHero
Hero Of Light
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pallet Town
Age: 20
Gender:
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloNL View Post
if you wanna edit the rom you need to keep the old settings or you cant edit it
or you need to change every ini file and that isnt always possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
Well, you've been told already that the Header of the ROM is probably something A-Map or unLZgba doesn't know... they only can read regular ones... open up a CLEAN Spanish Fire Red ROM and copy the Game Title and the Game Code onto the one you are having trouble with. It should work just fine after that.
(Since RHEA stands for Rom Header Editor Advanced, it's quite obvious that this is a header problem, the maker of the hack has changed the header in hopes that someone wouldn't change things in the ROM, you SHOULD honor that and play it the way it was supposed to be played, since I assume you are doing this to change the Wild Pokemon data to get what you want... (I've seen it happen before so I'm just assuming.))
It worked!! Bless you all, I've been hoping for this for so long. You were right, I just like to play games with my own custom team. Thanks for your time and help, I really do appreciate it!!
Reply With Quote
  #1205    
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:41 AM
CocoBlueMew
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
um on the advance starter whenever i type in Mew it changes to Mewtwo also how do i use the shiynze and does it make starters shiny?
Reply With Quote
  #1206    
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:37 PM
MewTwoReturns's Avatar
MewTwoReturns
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
thanks for all your awesome tools hackmew! they are all gr8
Reply With Quote
  #1207    
Old February 14th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Zuru's Avatar
Zuru
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
I appreciate that you're so good at making tools. Congratulations, as many use them
Reply With Quote
  #1208    
Old February 18th, 2010, 02:48 PM
KidGoku's Avatar
KidGoku
Anime Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Just to tell u these tools are great for hacking
Reply With Quote
  #1209    
Old February 19th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Sandzik
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Female
How to use Shinyzer :< Please somebody help me !
Reply With Quote
  #1210    
Old February 19th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Darkerm's Avatar
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangladesh
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
How to make a call script in pokemon Emerald.
Reply With Quote
  #1211    
Old February 19th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandzik View Post
How to use Shinyzer :< Please somebody help me !
Open ROM with it, find right offset with FSF, write the offset to Shinyzer's offset bar and click on Shinyze
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #1212    
Old February 19th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Open ROM with it, find right offset with FSF, write the offset to Shinyzer's offset bar and click on Shinyze
That's not all. To make a Pokemon shiny, just must set a variable, which I forgot now
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1213    
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
That's not all. To make a Pokemon shiny, just must set a variable, which I forgot now
She had asked just how to use Shinyzer not how to make Pokemon shiny :D
As for var it's setvar 0x8003 0x2
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List

Last edited by Satoshi Ookami; February 27th, 2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: editing the setvar
Reply With Quote
  #1214    
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:24 AM
helloNL
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
She had asked just how to use Shinyzer not how to make Pokemon shiny :D
As for var it's setvar 0x8030 0x2
Can you give a script as example cuz i dont really get how to use it
Reply With Quote
  #1215    
Old February 19th, 2010, 04:32 PM
PeregrineFig's Avatar
PeregrineFig
Starting Pokémon Obsidian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
I have to say I really like these tools, however, I have a single suggestion: would it be possible to update A-Trainer to search for trainers by their hex offsets? I hate having to open up my ROM and start battling trainers to find their names, and getting their offsets is as easy as clicking the sprite on A-Map and opening up the script. If you don't want to do this I understand, but it would be a huge help
Reply With Quote
  #1216    
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloNL View Post
Can you give a script as example cuz i dont really get how to use it
Put that setvar after
1) faceplayer
If you're using OW script. (means with lock faceplayer etc...)
2) starting offset
If you're using tile script.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #1217    
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:04 AM
pokemonhqmaster
Pokemon HQ Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
I noticed a bug in A- Trainer it was that when I adding a new person to my Emerald ROM then when I saved and exited it then reloaded the ROM the pokemon data from Bulbasaur to Squirtle was changed to something else. Can some one HELP!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1218    
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Shukumei's Avatar
Shukumei
Teh Haxxorz
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin TX.
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
She had asked just how to use Shinyzer not how to make Pokemon shiny :D
As for var it's setvar 0x8030 0x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloNL View Post
Can you give a script as example cuz i dont really get how to use it
With all due respect to Ash493 I have been using the shinyzer for a little while and I'm pretty sure the variable is 0x8003. It always works for me when I use that.

As for the 0x2 it should be the number of shiny pokemon you want the player to encounter. If you set it to two then two shinies will appear. Set it to five and the next five pokemon that appear will be shiny.

Sample script:
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x8003 0x3
msgbox @message 0x6
release
end

#org @message
=the next three pokemon/nyou meet will be shiny!

end sample script

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
__________________
(Enter clever observation here)
Shukumei's PokePet

Shade the level 50 Umbreon!
Reply With Quote
  #1219    
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:55 PM
universalconsole's Avatar
universalconsole
Trainer And Trainee
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Lake Tahoe
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
i Love your programs
thx
but would you make your own advance text?
the latest is out dated and doesnt fully work
especially with emerald
thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1220    
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shukumei View Post
With all due respect to Ash493 I have been using the shinyzer for a little while and I'm pretty sure the variable is 0x8003. It always works for me when I use that.

As for the 0x2 it should be the number of shiny pokemon you want the player to encounter. If you set it to two then two shinies will appear. Set it to five and the next five pokemon that appear will be shiny.
Yeah you're right...
I misspelled the setvar... sorry I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing...
And yes you're right with the 0x(var)
I just mentioned 0x2 since I'm used to it.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #1221    
Old February 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Byte me's Avatar
Byte me
Beginning Hacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
the hacked unlz.gba is easier to use

can someone give me a link to a complete copy of winrar
cuz i just have the trial version.
Reply With Quote
  #1222    
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:02 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14104097 View Post
the hacked unlz.gba is easier to use

can someone give me a link to a complete copy of winrar
cuz i just have the trial version.
You can purchase the complete version at this website.
__________________

Brother of Vrai
Reply With Quote
  #1223    
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Xpoint's Avatar
Xpoint
PokeViruz
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Under your bed
Gender:
Nature: Calm
How about make the XSE more simpler like the PKSVUI

If you don't what PKSVUI is click
here -->
Spoiler:
Like making is a script generator for trainer battles, pokemon encounters (like legends), moving around, healing our pokemon and etc...
__________________
Hacks i Support!
Reply With Quote
  #1224    
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:36 AM
HackMew's Avatar
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpoint View Post
How about make the XSE more simpler like the PKSVUI

If you don't what PKSVUI is click
here -->
Spoiler:
Like making is a script generator for trainer battles, pokemon encounters (like legends), moving around, healing our pokemon and etc...
I'm actually against any sort of script generators. They're barely useful, and won't help you learn how to make scripts because you can click a button or two, and there it is: done.
I don't really see the point. You can always copy a decompiled script and edit it to suit your needs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1225    
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
HackMew, is there a possibility of A-Ptch creating smaller files?
The current APS files are up to 20 times larger than an IPS file.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.