• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Usually, the DVD beats the Youtube version, only if by making you actually have a sense of belonging.
Why were you looking at that page in the first place?

Other than that, I somehow managed to get from Hair Colors to Malaysia on Tv Tropes... Actually, I'm feeling really patriotic right now.
I've got the DVD version, so whee~.

And I got there like this. Cats (musical) ->>> Jo Gibb (actress who played one of my favourite characters) ->>> Bo'ness (town where she comes from).

Don't ask why. Hehe.

Now, let's see if I can get from Hair Colors to Malaysia. BD

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I HAVE LOST ALL OF MY DAILY ARTISTIC MUSE AND I NEED TO DRAW A CONTEST ENTRY AND A CARD FOR MY AUNT AHHHH

Um.

Ahem.

Maybe I should close all these TV Tropes tabs. Curse you, Mizan!

Misheard Whisper

Years
Yeah, I just got back after twenty minutes of frantic troping.

Twenty minutes is actually pretty good for me. :3 Still too much, though, as I intend today to be a writing day.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I'm in process of finishing and polishing on my Fanfic project, its called "Crossing the Line". The first attempt at this was a epic fail, and learned and, not its ready to be shown again.

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

Years
Well, that's good, right? :D

Anyway, yes, yesterday was a writing day. I got five chapters of various fics posted. woo~

Anyway, relevant bold topic to jump-start this puppy.

What is the maximum 'safe' number of fics to be publishing at any one time, in your opinion?

I currently have four active fics, all of which have at some point or another fallen into enormous stages of inactivity. I think as long as I can keep them all going, it's all good, right? And one is due to finish within a chapter or two anyway.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I'm in process of finishing and polishing on my Fanfic project, its called "Crossing the Line". The first attempt at this was a epic fail, and learned and, not its ready to be shown again.
I haven't seen you since you posted your fic which I kind of reviewed...

What is the maximum 'safe' number of fics to be publishing at any one time, in your opinion?
There really isn't a definite number, but I tend to refrain from posting multiple chaptered fics simultaneously. IMO, three one-shots and a chaptered fic if I had to give a definite number. :D

I currently have four active fics, all of which have at some point or another fallen into enormous stages of inactivity. I think as long as I can keep them all going, it's all good, right? And one is due to finish within a chapter or two anyway.
Which one's that? I kinda liked Artificial...

Misheard Whisper

Years
Yeah, it's Artificial. It was originally supposed to be a oneshot, after all, but it looks like it's going to turn out to be a seven- or eight-shot; en palabras otros, a novella.

Then I'll go back and edit it - maybe publish a revised version for everybody. But then again, if I really want to get it published, can I actually post any version that's too like the final one?

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I've been doing some soul searching and had to do surgery on my fic, and having second thoughts of releasing it, BTW the genre is mainly Action-Comedy

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
...Ohoho, I just realized that my 1000th post was here in the FFL. Huzzah!

Also, IL: Fic soul-searching often improves the story, but surgery is risky business and it can be hard (or downright impossible) for you to change aspects of your story that have been set in your mental stone for a long time. Proceed with caution.

Misheard Whisper

Years
I dunno about that. Surgery is, in and of itself, beneficial. I mean, you don't operate on someone if you don't think it'll make them better, right? :D

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I dunno about that. Surgery is, in and of itself, beneficial. I mean, you don't operate on someone if you don't think it'll make them better, right? :D
OBJECTION! *Shot repeatedly*

Actually, when you perform an Autopsy, which is kinda like surgery only you're not fixing anything, I don't think the body gets any happier. :P

That said, I autopsied my old TCNG and NG fic and use its organs to create NG-137...

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
But you do operate on someone if you know there's a chance the patient will come out better as well as a chance the patient will come out dead. If you don't change anything the fic will be just as good as it ever was. If you do change something, the fic will probably come out as a better story but may come out as a train-wreck.

Misheard Whisper

Years
Well, points taken. But unless you're performing some very major and yet delicate surgery, there's a good chance it'll end up better.

The difference with fiction is that if the operation fails, you can just operate again. XD

extended metaphor is extended

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I only have one active chaptered one at a time (ironically, it's the same one, my main fic). Sometimes I'll halt to do a one-shot but with too many fics going on at once, I'm bound to mess up royally, like turning Lisa into a Cardcaptor or Pretty Cure-like magical girl or something. Yeah, my mind wanders like that.

Now picture the above idea in your head :P

As for editing chapters, I've touched up earlier chapters and I've also had to do a necessary edit to a couple chapters halfway through the fic in light of a certain someone's repeated plagiarizing.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
The difference with fiction is that if the operation fails, you can just operate again. XD
This is true. But when your train-wreck is twenty chapters (and a pro/epilogue) long like one of mine, sometimes it's just better to pull a Dr. Black Jack and give the patient a new body entirely.

...Okay, now we're just being ridiculous.

Misheard Whisper

Years
Yes. Yes, we are.

Love to continue the discussion, but I really gotta blast. Going to Auckland, won't have internets in car, so I'll just write some moar. :3

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Well, that's what the FFL is about...
I mean we're not a bunch of literary analysts that talk about Lexicology all day...
Or are we?

Meh, personally, I like to mix things up a bit in the FFL. ;3

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I have 2 good news and 1 bad news, good news is I finally finished my Prologue, bad news is I'm to scared to even post it, unless some one proofs read, and and other good news is I saved 30 bucks on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
You may want to go check the Beta Place for a proofreader; most people are willing to read your chapters before they're posted, so nerves can be settled. ;D Of course, I'm far too busy with my own story and drawing a card for my aunt's wedding's save-the-date, so I can't do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back