The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:58 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Please don't revive old threads. (Threads a month or older).

Edit: Reopened on request of thread creator.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787

Last edited by Neo-Dragon; February 1st, 2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old February 1st, 2010, 12:07 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
Hello, everyone. I would say sorry for the lack of progress but I'd just be coming out with more excuses as usual and that attitude stops. We've lost our lead designer and our main spriter, which has left us in a bit of trouble. I'm in dire need of high standard Pokémon spriters and designers at present to help work on the areas that still need improving.

We currently have discussions ongoing with regard to designs. Here are some sketches and artworks of Pokémon who's designs are not yet complete. We need feedback, suggestions, and further sketches!

TIDALISK
Concept by Hallm3. This Tidalisk is more or less complete but must be less bulky as it has to be fast and streamlined, able to run across the surface of water.

The following sketches I believe are all by Comfy Cushion.

KESTRAWK
I would like to have seen it in flight so as to see how streamlined it is.

GOBLEAF
Troublesome line. Some suggest it is too humanoid. Should it be deleted and replaced with something different? If so, what would be suitable? Or continue with the line and give it a major revamp?

LIMBASH
ARMASTER
Pretty content with Armaster in particular. We need a Pupunch.

ARMAPILL
This would be its STURDY SHELL form. It needs a SHARP SHELL form too.

TERAZECKER
How's this?

Also we have:
TERAZECKER, BUNNIGUST & LAGOWIND
Concepts by Nintendo Jr. An alternative take on Terazecker, plus the rabbits.
RABBAIR
Rabbair by Hallm3. I think it's my favourite take on the Pokémon.
RABBAIR, BUNNIGUST & LAGOWIND
I always think Lagowind should be bulkier.
RABBAIR & BUNNIGUST

PROTROHM

THUNDULL

BOULDON
JABADON

BOUQUAIL

CHALISTONE

DOLPHLARE
BLUBBURN

SAMAWRAITH
Coloured
GREMLEYE

HALOVE

MALISMITE

KOARBOR
KOALAMPUR

PESTILOAK

MANDUNE
Too much like Jungilo?

MATOMIC & NUCLOUND

STRIKTOIL
VIPERNO

CHIMENRA

CORRODOGON

HARNAIL
GLAZARD

VIRYRM
Colouring will make or break this Pokémon.

MISSINGNO. DECODE FORM
Sketches.

MISSINGNO. DECODE FORM
Developed idea.

GEMININE
By Nelson. Dynamic, perhaps needs more life though. It is difficult in that is living but artificial.

--------------------

Also, chronicling the outdoor maps. At this point, these are outdoor demo maps. The graphics for the tileset have been significantly revamped to give the region a fresher look.

I owe major credits to Kymotonian, Alistair, Minorthreat, Narodin, Concore and Pyro for their contributions to the tileset.

NEWBLOOM BAY
SUNRISE ISLE
SUNRISE WILDERNESS
ROUTE M1
ELDERWOOD TOWN
ROUTE M2
LIMEBURG FOREST (Preview only)
ROUTE M3
PINEFALL CITY
ROUTE M4
ALDERFORD CITY
LARIX GARDENS
Old February 1st, 2010, 03:25 PM
rockeymon
Real life Silver Shirubaa

Nature: Serious
Um looking through this I would like to ask you to do me a favor Frangeking if you havent already read Pokemon adventures Gold/silver/red arc then read them (start with red) red doesnt have alot to do with Kamon but basicly you are making a backstory that is effectivly already writen.
Kamon/silver is Blues sister(dont know japanese name) They where kidnapped by Ho-oh(I beleive from what I have read), and the events that occur occur because he is on a adventure to figure out what happened, now if you are writing this for previouse all this I understand but if you arent you are writing a story that is already writen.
Old February 1st, 2010, 03:38 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
It's a fan game. let him do hos own story.
Looking good Fangking. Although, I'm kinda bored of seeing kyledoves tiles =/
Just my opinion
Old February 1st, 2010, 03:57 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

I think KyleDove looks good.
I love how you kept the maps so simple, but yet maintained the overall beauty of them.
Good work.
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

The ubiquitous Kyledove style is in vogue... but probably for a reason. I chose it because the somewhat unsaturated palette really suits the darker mood of Acanthite. Many of the tiles are at least exclusives which keeps things fresh.
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:17 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockeymon View Post
Um looking through this I would like to ask you to do me a favor Frangeking if you havent already read Pokemon adventures Gold/silver/red arc then read them (start with red) red doesnt have alot to do with Kamon but basicly you are making a backstory that is effectivly already writen.
Kamon/silver is Blues sister(dont know japanese name) They where kidnapped by Ho-oh(I beleive from what I have read), and the events that occur occur because he is on a adventure to figure out what happened, now if you are writing this for previouse all this I understand but if you arent you are writing a story that is already writen.
Acanthite isn't being based on the manga, so there is no reason for Fangking to really conform to their story...

And I'm glad to see a new update for Acanthite, Fangking, I missed the project's presence in the community...

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Very nice! My favorites were definitely MATOMIC, NUCLOUND and GLAZARD
The maps were very appealing and big. I love big maps. Keep it up Omega.
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:47 PM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
I'm seriously thinking about updating modt, if not all, all the tiles I made for Acanthite. They seem a bit out of place...

But anyway, looking good, Fang. I like that you actually kept the desaturated look, considering that people are opting for the brighter palettes of HG/SS now. As you stated, it does give the maps more of a darker feeling to them. I wish I could sprite Pokémon for you, but I'm not really that good. I hope you find a new designer and spriter soon.

But it's good to see Acanthite still alive, and it'll be greater to see it continue to live and grow. All the best wishes.
Old February 5th, 2010, 05:20 PM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangking Omega View Post
Hello, everyone. I would say sorry for the lack of progress but I'd just be coming out with more excuses as usual and that attitude stops. We've lost our lead designer and our main spriter, which has left us in a bit of trouble. I'm in dire need of high standard Pokémon spriters and designers at present to help work on the areas that still need improving.
I'm glad that you're trying to make a new resolve to release the long, long, long-anticipated demo. I think I'm a fairly good Pokémon spriter. Here's some examples from my game (1) and one I did for Wichu (2). I would be able to do some sprites here and there, if needed, and if you don't think my sprites are sh*t-tastic. If they are, then DIAF. ;P

BUT, I think the main problem of Acanthite has always been a focus on the designs. Re-designing and re-designing and re-designing. When it comes down to it, it's supposed to be a playable game. Time should be spent mapping, setting up the events and actually building the game... Otherwise it's just nice ideas that will sadly never go anywhere. At this point, I am not very optimistic about there ever being a demo.
Old February 5th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Hi Fang, did Nelly die? D:
Old February 6th, 2010, 06:32 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

It's been quite a while since I've seen an update. Since you're taking opinions, I may as well throw in my two cents (just on the ones that have notable differences, after comparing them with the previous versions on the Acanthite site):

Tidalisk: Like I said last time I saw this version, it looks fine as is. It's honestly not much more 'bulky' than Sceptile (the current fastest final evo Starter). But, regardless, I'm sure it'll still look fine if you do slim it a little.

Kestrawk: Awesome. Can't wait to see it colored in. I assume it'll keep the red-&-brown color scheme?

Gobleaf: Gobleaf itself is fine, but yeah, the evos could use a bit of a revamp. (Ninble & Grasassin, especially; Beauteppe & Swardiful, not quite as much.) Al;so, something on Grasassin, specifically: I noticed sometime back you changed Massacrow's name to Execrow, but Grasassin's name was left untouched...........by that logic, I'm a little surprised.

Limbash & Armaster: Well, they do look a tad more like Fighting-types now, but lose the nips - Pokemon & nips don't mix (with the exception of Nuzleaf). (Unless it's like the original Limbash design, where they're just markings.)

Terazecker: I like Comfy Cushion's the best; Nintendo Jr.'s looks too much like Woodrill, and this one looks more like a final evo than the original.

Rabbair: I agree; Hallm3's is the best version.

Bunnigust & Lagowind: Lagowind needs to be considerably bigger-looking than it is (pretty much like you said). Bunnigust is fine, I guess.

Protrohm: Frankly, the whole line is bizarre. But this does look better than the first.

Thundull: It finally looks like a Pokemon. Way, way better.

Bouldon & Jabadon: Definitely more polished than the previous sketches.

Chalistone: I'm not sure which one looks better, actually.

Dolphlare & Blubburn: Better than before; Dolphlare also looks more like a dolphin now.

Gremleye: Looks more like a Pokemon, at the expense of looking a tad too much like Sableye - although my opinion might change if I were to see the color scheme.

Halove: Looks a little more Pokemon-ey.

Malismite: Looks a little better & a little more aggressive.

Pestiloak: WAY cooler than the old design.

Mandune: Couldn't find it on the original list; but anyway, nah, it doesn't look too similar to Jungilo. Might want to use a slightly darker greenish-brown, though.

Matomic & Nuclound: Uncolored, the new Matomic looks a tad too much like Rotom, although that might get worse seeing as they're roughly the same color anyway. I'd suggest using a brighter yellow.

Striktoil & Viperno: I'm not sure if I like the new Striktoil better, but the new Viperno looks awesome.

Chimenra: I like the teardrop pattern on the face; it fits it very well.

Corrodogon: More Pokemon-like, but less intimidating. Any way to combine the 2 designs a bit?

Missingno (Decode Form): Cool idea. Will it still evolve into Mistrync (in a different form), or something else, or not at all?

Geminine: Why change the current design?

----------------

I'm still not entirely sold on the design of Samawraith; it seems out of place evolving from a Pokemon based on a female yokai. Not sure where you were trying to go with it.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.

Last edited by HeavyOctillery; February 6th, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old February 7th, 2010, 02:08 PM
k.ks81
Beginning Trainer

i think that this new style of Geminine is much better than the old one
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
Dude inspiration burns in my heart to make a pokemon game....I have a map and concept but no knowledge on how to script.But Your game was the last of 4 that makes me wanna learn. I congratulate you and can't wait to see this game. May I have the link to your website?
Old February 17th, 2010, 03:16 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

@Karel: The link to the Acanthite website is right in Fangking Omega's sig.

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.

Old February 17th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Nathanyiel
It seems you lost the game...

Nature: Hasty
It's one of the only hacks that appears as though it will be finished good job

Ultimate Monotype Challenge:

(Complete)

Johto (Crystal Version)

Johto (Silver Version)
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanyiel View Post
It's one of the only hacks that appears as though it will be finished good job
That's because this is not a hack. It's a RMXP game, which means it's made from scratch or a heavily modified Starter Kit.
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Comfy has sent me all of his Acanthite related work, including some stuff I'd not previously seen. So I've picked out sketches and art not yet uploaded and elected to show you all

TIDALISK
New Tidalisk sketch based of Hallm3's design. Less bulky, and less of a severe expression.

KESTRAWK
Slimmed down.

GOBLEAF
Unpopular Pokémon with certain folk and likely to be replaced, but here is a pretty cool final version of it by Comfy.

BEAUTEPPE
If we were to keep it, I think it would need a bit of work.

SWARDIFUL
Actually, a really cool revision. If the line is to be saved it would probably be on the strength of this concept alone.

NINBLE
Another cool revision, you can see the Gobleaf relation a little better here.

SPLISH
Cool art of an upside-down Splish!

PUPUNCH 1
PUPUNCH 2
The second is my preference. Discuss

LANDEEP

SHARTERRA
Both pretty good sketches, not much changed really

FORTIFRAME
Fortiframe with colours.

ELECTESLA
Another Pokémon in danger of being scrapped.

KNIFIN and SWISSWORD
New sketches of these guys

TROJORSE Active Form
Based on a Concore sketch I believe, this is Trojorse' ACTIVE form. (DORMANT form is a weaker version - it becomes ACTIVE when its HP is low enough and becomes extremely fast and strong.)

WORMADAM Cyber Cloak
Cyber Cloak of Wormadam, obtained by evolving from a Burmy that last battled in the POKéNET.

PENGWINT
Nice and simple.

GLAZARD
Rough sketch but you should get the gist

FROSTOZE
Another Pokémon in danger of being scrapped, but I like it for unique typing and the fact it's a non-evolving Pokémon.

Enjoy

Last edited by Fangking Omega; February 27th, 2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM
bbybrawler
The Golden Sun

I really liked those pokemon I don't think you should scrap Gobleaf or Frostoze the other one that you are thinking about is alright but could probably be improved a little bit. I do like how it looks like an electric lapras a bit though (if thats what you were going for with that pokemon)
Keep up the good work with this game though it looks great so far
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Velhaco
Beginning Trainer

So how's the online going to be? Will you download the game and be able to connect to battle others like Wifi on a NDS?

I'm not sure if your gonna update it or not but the last evolution of the water starter looks odd like it doesn't fit its pre evolutions. Fire is sick like always, Idk about the hair curled up over his eyes though.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:21 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

All being well, Online will work for both trades and battles.

Here's a few of the sprites we have.

There are scale issues with some and they're obviously jpg'd to discourage theft. I hope that doesn't spoil them too much for you.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 06:31 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Some Pokemon, like Gyarados or Noctowl or the Geodude family aren't that great. I'm sorry to say this, but I've expected better sprites from you.

But, on the other side, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Zubat and Meowth are really good.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:24 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Excellent.
I think it's just excellent. I love how the sprites are brightened. they look more..well..real
Really good job man they are great
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:35 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Mightyena looks infinitely more menacing, and Rapidash's pose is awesome. Great sprites. The only ones I can say needs a slight adjustment are Magnemite, Noctowl, and Gyarados - the first 2's eyes look slightly off, and Gyara looks slightly misproportioned.

I'm starting to like Fortiframe's coloring now after seeing the sprite. Thundull looks pretty cool.

-------------

Now on to the artwork. I tried to post this before, but I forgot the site was to have some downtime when I went to post it. Whoops.

Tidalisk: I'd keep the expression from the 1st one. It's also starting to look a bit too much like a blue Sceptile - the 1st one had more of an identity.

Beauteppe & Swardiful: Excellent job. I like how you took a drastic leap in Swardiful's design in particular.

Pupunch: Again, we agree; definitely go with the 2nd one.

Sharterra: Looks a little more like a shark now.

Electesla: Ok, I have to ask: What were you guys going for design-wise with this line, exactly? No matter how ya slice it, this line's still a bit too bizarre.

Trojorse (Active Form): Cool. It's regular form could stand a revamp, though - it looks nothing like a horse beyond the mane.

Wormadam (Cyber Cloak): Also cool.

Pengwint: Looks more Pokemon-like, whereas the old one's eyes made it look too much like an In-Training Digimon.

Frostoze: I like it, personally. Maybe it could have a rivalry/relationship with Heatran or something.

I can't pass judgment on the rough sketches; I need more to go on.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:05 PM
Ven
Tyrian

I love poochyena <3
Looks really cute :3
I do have a complaint about the last two pokemon, they don't look all that much like.. well Pokemon, I mean, I honestly couldn't imagine using it in game, or even encountering it. No complaints about the sprites themselves though.

Sponsored Links