• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
hey man im having a problem with the game, it in the first menu (where you can press on continue new game and that) it says that onw or more of the fonts do not exist on the system, then it says that the game can be played but look on the games text will not be optimal, then it resets that text again and again and again..

Please help!

EDIT: solved :P

Last edited:

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
I'm glad you liked, and sure, Empo the durnsparce will be in game xD.

What, by any chance, would be the pokemon you have to trade for it???
YAY! Empo the dunsparce!:3

mfg Empo

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
When i try to load play the demo a font is missing so i cant any helo why i cant. JV?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Oh, hitting below the belt, are you?

Yes, I am xD.

What, by any chance, would be the pokemon you have to trade for it???
YAY! Empo the dunsparce!:3

mfg Empo

I don't know, I was thinking of Tonemy, I'm not sure though.

When i try to load play the demo a font is missing so i cant any helo why i cant. JV?

Install them manually, just install the fonts on the fonts folder and you won't have the problem anymore.

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
What do you mean? How do i install them then?

Heinze

~ Pixel Artist
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 1, 2019
What do you mean? How do i install them then?

Windows folder -> Fonts folder ... Paste it.. Tadah!

You know JV XD, I'm following this game in ReinoRPG and now I'm going to follow it's growing here too.
Keep going!

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2010
My god, man, I have to say first that the music is terrible! Especially the battle music. I found it far more enjoyable with the sound off.

Okay, I have some complaints to report right off the bat of playing this game.
-the entire game would lag alot. Not enough to be really annoying, but enough where it took away from the gameplay a bit.
-The menu was especially laggy.
-I also ran across a few grammar and spelling errors, which I understand, they happen sometimes. But you are definitely gonna want to fix them before you have a thousand different text events to flip through and check for grammar and spelling errors.
-the running pose is.. well, non-existant.
-The intro could use a LOT of improvement as well. It felt like you were rushing through it.
-I like the reflection off the water, though it was a bit glitchy.
-Some of the battle backgrounds were good, others didn't seem to match so well.

Other than those, generally minor, complaints you've got a good game coming along here. Your maps were really good. Probably the best part of the game. I'm just pointing the things I disliked out for some constructive criticism.

You've got a lot of good things going on here, you just need to take some time to perfect them and you'll have an awesome game! =)

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Hey,

The game LOOKS fantastic, but me being the nub I am, can't play it. I download it from the provided link, but then I get the message telling me I have to open it with a certain program...Do I have to unzip it? because I'm not finding any way to do that right now. I'll keep trying and I'll leave a couple comments after a bit of playing.

Cheers,
FaWa

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
This looks like a promising game.

From what I see in your signature, the game does have some good graphics.

I hope to see more of this game in the future.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
My god, man, I have to say first that the music is terrible! Especially the battle music. I found it far more enjoyable with the sound off. ...I'm actually fond of the music :x it's mostly remixes of existing Pokemon music, and while some of it is better than others I didn't think it was that bad. Were there any tracks in particular that you found grating?

Okay, I have some complaints to report right off the bat of playing this game.
-the entire game would lag alot. Not enough to be really annoying, but enough where it took away from the gameplay a bit. There's an option (or there will be in the next beta) to turn off fogs and the jukebox system to reduce lag. c:
-The menu was especially laggy. There's a new menu for the next beta that is much faster and easier to use.
-I also ran across a few grammar and spelling errors, which I understand, they happen sometimes. But you are definitely gonna want to fix them before you have a thousand different text events to flip through and check for grammar and spelling errors. ...Yeah, those are to be expected, we try to comb through but some things inevitably escape our notice. We'll try to improve on those.
-the running pose is.. well, non-existant. Not anymore-- new hero sprites means we finally got a running pose done.
-The intro could use a LOT of improvement as well. It felt like you were rushing through it. Working on that as well ;3
-I like the reflection off the water, though it was a bit glitchy.
-Some of the battle backgrounds were good, others didn't seem to match so well. Most of them are from Keitai Denjuu Telefang 2. (I like 'em. x3) Some places (such as gym battles) don't have them, though, which is a good point and we should work on that.

Other than those, generally minor, complaints you've got a good game coming along here. Your maps were really good. Probably the best part of the game. I'm just pointing the things I disliked out for some constructive criticism. Thank ye! Always appreciated. ^^

You've got a lot of good things going on here, you just need to take some time to perfect them and you'll have an awesome game! =)
Boldcommented! Most of this is JV's jurisdiction and not mine, but I did my best to answer everything~

Hey,

The game LOOKS fantastic, but me being the nub I am, can't play it. I download it from the provided link, but then I get the message telling me I have to open it with a certain program...Do I have to unzip it? because I'm not finding any way to do that right now. I'll keep trying and I'll leave a couple comments after a bit of playing.

Cheers,
FaWa

It's a .rar file, which you can unzip using Winrar, which is one google and a free download away.

This looks like a promising game.

From what I see in your signature, the game does have some good graphics.

I hope to see more of this game in the future.

There's a beta out now, if you'd like to see what it plays like. c: Glad you like how it looks!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Uranium is going through really big changes! Expect great things from the game! We are changing to d/p style and also to the DS resolution (256x192). Here is a little goodie for you guys =]:

rutphv.png

Expect more in the next days!

Heinze

~ Pixel Artist
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 1, 2019
Uranium is going through really big changes! Expect great things from the game! We are changing to d/p style and also to the DS resolution (256x192). Here is a little goodie for you guys =]:

*Link*

Expect more in the next days!

Great! (Hah! Eu te disse que D/P é f*...)
Now Uranium will grow like a monster!
More D/P Sprites... (Hora extra pra refazer os fakemons =/) And maps o/
I can't wait to see it! (Deixa de ficar ausente no MSN ¬¬¨)

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Ha ha It's been quite a while since I've last looked at this thread. I'm so happy to hear about the change, not because I like DS size or anything, but because I'm still seeing your game going along and making amazing improvements. I'm loving the Pig type D/P styled Fakemon. Can't wait to see more ;)

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Why don't you like RPGXP. Most homemade games are way better than a hack. If you want to play hacks, you should visit the hacking section instead of the game dev one.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Isn't the ds resolution just one more tile all over?

Anyway, the Dew tiles are really good and well mapped, mostly. Some of the parts could do with a little rearanging and some of the tiles don't match the style very well. I don't really like the title screen, but maybe it looks better animated? 14 of all of the Fakemon are good in my opinion. Menu system looks nice and simple. Over all the front page looks a little tacky. Css can be good, but it doesn't seem to work with the colours you're using.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Please don't judge us by our old screenshots. We're busy with a major revamp and will be posting new stuff as soon as possible.

Years
Question, does that pig fakemon evolve from Mankey? cause that would be cool.
Um can I try to re-sprite some of the fakemon into d/p/pt style?
Oh btw, I'm looking foward to seeing some new screenshots :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back