The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Do You Like Galactic Platinum EX So far?
OMG!! Amasing! I love it!!! 64 56.64%
Its not bad :\ 41 36.28%
Urrgghh!! Just.. get it away.. it hurts my eyes!! D: 8 7.08%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old March 9th, 2010 (01:55 AM). Edited April 9th, 2010 by .Tactic..
.Tactic.'s Avatar
.Tactic.
x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: A Dark Abbyss...
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Tactic.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hack of Pokemon Fire Red.
Leader: .Tactic.
-----------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon. I am .Tactic.
You may have known me as 07harris, Codec, or Paranoid.
I have been hacking since early 2009, my first hack was Pokemon Elemental Curse, a failed attempt. My second was Galactic Platinum, but the maps were poor and so was the grammar. And now.. Is Galactic Platinum EX, GP’s upgrade. Have fun


Story
A Hundred years after the original 'NEW WORLD' Operation, run by the Team’s original founder, Cyrus, the world has changed alot. You were once an innocent villager but after being offered a scholarship at the Galactic Academy from Cyrus' grandson, the infamous Cypher, you realise that Team Galactic is your true calling. After accepting you are lead across your home island of Mythguard, and taken to the Academy. Attend lessons, take missions and exams, and Travel far and wide across all four of the Valeguard Islands; Rise the ranks to a commander and find out the most important Galactic plans ever to be though up!
Meanwhile though, as you journey to complete your time at Galactic Academy, and graduate as a grunt, there are strange happenings occurring in Valeguard. Two strange Pokémon are fighting, and this fight will change the very course of existence as you know it. Little do you know, there is much more to it than that!


Features

-Play as a Galactic Grunt

-Has DP style OWs

-Experience the Valeguard Islands

-Fight the grandson of Lucas, Marcus, as a rival who is a threat to your team.

-Get rid of the Gym System - and say hello to Galactic Ranks.

-Go to the Academy and graduate before completely exploring Valeguard.

-Explore parts of Sinnoh

-Start with a Croagunk

-Amasing mini-games and challenging missions will keep you on your toes

-Features two new Pokemon, Zoroark and the Doomsday form of Giratina!

-Dive into the most exciting plot ever to step into the world of Pokemon!


Media
Spoiler:

Credits

Credits To Me, Saurav, Kyledove, Trebuh, JC, TB Pro, Wesley FG, MasterOfPuppets, Alucus of Borg, H20 Turquise, 12345, WAH, FanKing, Ray Maverick and .Seth for Tiles

-Ray Maverick – lots of help and support

-Alucus – help, support, and smexy tiles xD

Banjora Marxvile – the first person to ever be nice to me on pc, and for teaching me tile insertion back in March 09.

-NarutoActor- scripting


Special Thanks to H2O Turquiose = MAJOR HELP (tiles and scripts)



Fanking= Letting me use something that he said is secret
If there is anyone I missed out please tell me.

Italics=Major Credit
---------------------
Releases
There was a demo for Galactic Platinum.

Galactic Platinum EX is farther on than that, but we dont want to release too early, so stay tuned for more!

----------
Also, Many thanks to the members of my team, Galactic Commanders.
---------

Feel free to make support banners and/or post your opinions

Thanks to Ben for the smexy userbar
__________________
Hacks that deserve my love
Credits for my sig
  #2    
Old March 9th, 2010 (06:47 AM).
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
I've seen those screens on dA, and I see them now!
Great job with the D/P sized OWs!
__________________
  #3    
Old March 9th, 2010 (08:29 AM).
onyx79's Avatar
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange Islands (=
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
hey harris it's been a long time no see,nice hack it's good to see your old hack getting a new look and also the graphics are very good good luck harris (=
__________________
my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=64
  #4    
Old March 9th, 2010 (08:59 AM).
.Tactic.'s Avatar
.Tactic.
x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: A Dark Abbyss...
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Tactic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awanshazwan View Post
Great hack.
Good Luck.
(BTW:1st post)
Thanks dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
I've seen those screens on dA, and I see them now!
Great job with the D/P sized OWs!
Lol, Thanks, I am not actually done yet with them, I havent inserted the female player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
hey harris it's been a long time no see,nice hack it's good to see your old hack getting a new look and also the graphics are very good good luck harris (=
Thanks rafi.
__________________
Hacks that deserve my love
Credits for my sig
  #5    
Old March 9th, 2010 (10:39 AM).
Co500's Avatar
Co500
You think you're strong? You're not.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Far Awayyyyyyy
Gender: Male
wow well good tactic just one thing stop changing your name!! ahh its confusuing me i look at this thread to see if they were copying you but it turns out to be you!!! oh anyway nice tiles and Ows cant wait
__________________
It can't end now. Not like this.


I hope you’ll remember, there is something good in goodbye.



  #6    
Old March 9th, 2010 (10:45 AM).
Ben.'s Avatar
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
Wow, Harris!
This is look exceptional, really, I mean it.
The screens and OW's are looking great!
The story invites and new and exiting twist to the pokemon world xD
I'm sure alot of people will enjoy play as a grunt!
Best of luck with this, if you need anything, anything at all, just shout!
Ben.
__________________


  #7    
Old March 9th, 2010 (10:51 AM).
Magic's Avatar
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Looks interesting; story, maps and OW sprites all look promising.

Good luck! (I'll be watching o.o) XD
__________________
  #8    
Old March 9th, 2010 (12:32 PM).
.Tactic.'s Avatar
.Tactic.
x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: A Dark Abbyss...
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Tactic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co500 View Post
wow well good tactic just one thing stop changing your name!! ahh its confusuing me i look at this thread to see if they were copying you but it turns out to be you!!! oh anyway nice tiles and Ows cant wait
Thanks man. I get what you mean, but dont worry, .Tactic. is a name that is here to stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
Wow, Harris!
This is look exceptional, really, I mean it.
The screens and OW's are looking great!
The story invites and new and exiting twist to the pokemon world xD
I'm sure alot of people will enjoy play as a grunt!
Best of luck with this, if you need anything, anything at all, just shout!
Ben.
Thanks dude! Thanks for your support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Looks interesting; story, maps and OW sprites all look promising.

Good luck! (I'll be watching o.o) XD
lol, Thnx. xD
---------------
To all who have posted, thanks for your nice comments.
I am happy that I so far havent gotten any negative comments.
Anyways, I am currently inserting more OWs, and I am going to ask one of my freinds for the solution to a glitch that occurs during the name changing process.
__________________
Hacks that deserve my love
Credits for my sig
  #9    
Old March 9th, 2010 (12:40 PM).
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Your maps look good even though they're natural maps.

It looks great so far. You've got a good choice of primary tiles, but some of the secondary tiles look a little iffy.

The overworld is a turnoff though. The style of it and it's size don't look right at all.

Apart from that, this looks good.
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #10    
Old March 9th, 2010 (01:00 PM).
.Tactic.'s Avatar
.Tactic.
x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: A Dark Abbyss...
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Tactic.
Thanks PokePal.
Finally, you shouldve seen the horrible maps of the original GP.
It feels good to know that you think my new maps are good,
__________________
Hacks that deserve my love
Credits for my sig
  #11    
Old March 9th, 2010 (01:42 PM). Edited March 9th, 2010 by DuoRyan.
DuoRyan's Avatar
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere.
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Tactic. View Post
Thanks PokePal.
Finally, you shouldve seen the horrible maps of the original GP.
It feels good to know that you think my new maps are good,
Yeah it was,Your mapping then was ok,but now it look great...good luck on this hack!
  #12    
Old March 9th, 2010 (02:08 PM).
NarutoActor's Avatar
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
Your maps look good even though they're natural maps.

It looks great so far. You've got a good choice of primary tiles, but some of the secondary tiles look a little iffy.

The overworld is a turnoff though. The style of it and it's size don't look right at all.

Apart from that, this looks good.
If I had my way it would be more natural style. I agree with you on the overworlds, how come he never ask me for my opinion. :O

I disagree, I like all the tile, and I think they all fit together nicely. (maby fix the houses a little.)
__________________
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
  #13    
Old March 9th, 2010 (10:57 PM).
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
This looks great!

Galactic Platinum was good, but this is even better!
Looking forward to a release~
__________________
  #14    
Old March 10th, 2010 (07:43 AM).
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow's Avatar
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Ρελεντλεσσ
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Great Tactic. Although it needs improvements. The pals are average; the DP o/ws don't fit with the rest of the scenery. ):
But it's pretty good though.
Anyway, if you're still using the snow tileset I made for you, would you please credit me, Trebuh , Kyledove and .Seth for making tiles/compiling it? If you're not, I offer to insert it for you. ;D

God luck mate!
__________________
Character Interview | Crimson Dawn OOC / IC | Pair
  #15    
Old March 10th, 2010 (08:34 AM).
zein's Avatar
zein
Jorge Ben Jor.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Caribbean.
Nature: Relaxed
Aah! you are harry's from deviant great.

Your hack is good but i think the maps dont have much decorations,and the pallets are great.I like the history and the tiles.
__________________



||||
  #16    
Old March 10th, 2010 (11:06 PM).
Maf's Avatar
Maf
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Twinleaf town Sinnoh Region
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Nice hack its very different from others keep up the great work..
  #17    
Old March 10th, 2010 (11:11 PM).
Master Terrador's Avatar
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lost in my mind
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
This has improved majorly, even though the palettes are kinda dull.
Your Hero OW is a major improvement from the old one, and that new Giratina forme intrigues me.

Good luck with this...
__________________
The distortion of antimatter signifies the dark one's arrival
Dragonadopters | Friend codes | Prism | Snakewood | Life of Guardians| Credits
  #18    
Old March 11th, 2010 (10:08 AM).
.Tactic.'s Avatar
.Tactic.
x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: A Dark Abbyss...
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Tactic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRyan View Post
Yeah it was,Your mapping then was ok,but now it look great...good luck on this hack!
Thanks dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
If I had my way it would be more natural style. I agree with you on the overworlds, how come he never ask me for my opinion. :O

I disagree, I like all the tile, and I think they all fit together nicely. (maby fix the houses a little.)
Thanks, and can you please explain a bit better what is wrong with the OWs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
This looks great!

Galactic Platinum was good, but this is even better!
Looking forward to a release~
Thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Maverick View Post
Great Tactic. Although it needs improvements. The pals are average; the DP o/ws don't fit with the rest of the scenery. ):
But it's pretty good though.
Anyway, if you're still using the snow tileset I made for you, would you please credit me, Trebuh , Kyledove and .Seth for making tiles/compiling it? If you're not, I offer to insert it for you. ;D

God luck mate!
The Snow tileset. Havent I already credited them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zein View Post
Aah! you are harry's from deviant great.

Your hack is good but i think the maps dont have much decorations,and the pallets are great.I like the history and the tiles.
harry's? Harris. lol. Hmm, decorations? like the flowers and such?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maf View Post
Nice hack its very different from others keep up the great work..
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Terrador View Post
This has improved majorly, even though the palettes are kinda dull.
Your Hero OW is a major improvement from the old one, and that new Giratina forme intrigues me.

Good luck with this...
Thanks man. The new giratina is gonna be epic.
__________________
Hacks that deserve my love
Credits for my sig
  #19    
Old March 12th, 2010 (06:06 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Oh I had forgotten to post here xD
So Codec I gotta say this hack has really improved.
The EX version is better then the old one that's for sure.
I wish you the best of luck =)
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #20    
Old March 12th, 2010 (07:53 AM).
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow's Avatar
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Ρελεντλεσσ
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Yeah, but .Seth and me? You didn't credit us... Jeez, we did the most important part. -.-

Anyway, not gonna die for credits. ^^
__________________
Character Interview | Crimson Dawn OOC / IC | Pair
  #21    
Old March 13th, 2010 (02:04 AM).
.Tactic.'s Avatar
.Tactic.
x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: A Dark Abbyss...
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Tactic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Oh I had forgotten to post here xD
So Codec I gotta say this hack has really improved.
The EX version is better then the old one that's for sure.
I wish you the best of luck =)
Thanks man xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Maverick View Post
Yeah, but .Seth and me? You didn't credit us... Jeez, we did the most important part. -.-

Anyway, not gonna die for credits.
I have credited you.. but not specifically for the tiles, you are under major help. xD. Anyways, I will cred .Seth right away.
__________________
Hacks that deserve my love
Credits for my sig
  #22    
Old March 13th, 2010 (01:55 PM).
Ben.'s Avatar
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
I made a quick userbar, for you

Everything is looking great, as I said ^^
__________________


  #23    
Old March 13th, 2010 (02:51 PM).
.Tactic.'s Avatar
.Tactic.
x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: A Dark Abbyss...
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Tactic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
I made a quick userbar, for you

Everything is looking great, as I said
Thanks man! Its awesome!
filler.
__________________
Hacks that deserve my love
Credits for my sig
  #24    
Old March 13th, 2010 (04:09 PM).
Poketrainerred71
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
i think i will deffinetly enjoy waaiting for this game!
  #25    
Old March 13th, 2010 (04:55 PM).
Jayster23's Avatar
Jayster23
A Promise To Return
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Straya
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Maps looks great, Nice story.

Can't wait for a release
__________________
FC: 4441-9989-0344
FS: Tangela | Swadloon | Quilladin
IGN: Jayden
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.