Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Pidgeot94
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
this looks awesome, good luck with it
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

I'm really keeping a close eye on this one; looks very promising. The use of clouds and fog is great, but I'd strongly suggest lowering the opacity of the clouds a little. They look great, but seem a bit too distracting.
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
i love the baby idea :D . awesome.
and i think i know the 4th gen lavamon, considering there was only 5 new fire pkmn .
i hope this goes well .

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old March 11th, 2010, 12:26 PM
shadowtogepi
I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.

Nature: Quiet

heres a few sprites done this night, they are ok, i think
depression makes me sad...
Old March 11th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Fierce Deity H
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys, remember me? It's FDH from ONM! I was wondering if you needed any help and are still using my sprites?

Keep up with the good work and good luck!

EDIT: Just read the first post, and noticed my town names are still being used and again can I be any help whatsoever?

Last edited by Fierce Deity H; March 11th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:12 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
id like to suggest that you guys make the forest have some rocks inside.have some hily paths with grass on them
Old March 12th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

I've been putting off posting here for a long time as I wanted to update first, sadly the update is taking a while longer than I thought it would so I'll have to. Now, to the hundreds of replies.

@pikarich: Thanks, I do too. And thanks for clearing that up for everyone, we decided on the names and gym order nearly half a year ago so that's why I forgot.

@Piplup-Trainer: It's actually 4 frames but the third and fourth are very similar. Thank you and we will!

@Wind Gale: Thanks. More on the map below.

@Godlytion: Not very good to here, but I guess school can't be helped. At least you got the main character done, since that's the most important.

@thelaytonmobile: You musn't have spotted it before since we were in The Drawing Board. Thanks and we'll try. Great minds think alike I had the idea when I first went into Viridian forest in Fire red, I just had to have that for story events!

@shadowtogepi: I vm'd you. See below quote.

@pikarich: Well actually, the eggs are baby versions of them. Looks like you've forgotten something now too pikarich You got the 100th post!

@Pidgeot94: Thank you. Nice avatar, by the way. You got the 100 reply!

@Mrchewy: It took a long time to get the fog and clouds like that, but I do see what you mean, so I'll see what a lower opacity does for it.

@Impo: Thanks. Yeah, I wasn't really trying to fool anyone with that xD

@shadowtogepi: Agh, I should have said not to post anything without showing me first. Especially since the baby 'mon list has changed slightly. The Absol is definetely the best of the four, it catches the cuteness very well and barely needs any changes. The Pinsir is good, but looking in the wrong direction. We aren't using Ralts anymore. The Skarmory looks kind of creepy, but I guess it could be good after a lot of polishing.

@Fierce Deity H: Hi FDH, finally made the jump to brighter pastures? We aren't still using your sprites, but we could do with some new ones. Although, the quality needed has greatly improved since the last ones you did, so you'll have needed to too. Yeah, we are. I hope you don't mind?

@sir.euge: I was thinking of adding a rocky area to the north west, since it is so close to Mount. Kindle and that bit's quite empty. Also, we could maybe have a large part that opens up for a side quest at some point during the game. Thanks for the suggestion.

I couldn't leave you guys with nothing, after such a long time without an update. So there it is (look up), XENOTIME's new logo, it's all made by me. I hope you like it and if you would like a similar effect done with the stone/metal/element of your games name, feel free to ask.

Update on update: When I do actually do a proper update, it'll be the biggest yet. Including, screens of the route east of Larcoon (by Wind Gale), the new touch screen menu system (by CrazyNinjaGuy), in-game videos, actual storyline part on the front page and a definitive demo date. As well as all of this, Aquakip may be making the baby Pokémon for us, I did tell shadowtogepi, but he wanted to anyway. He hasn't replied to me for a while so I don't know about his actual dedication, but if he does make them, they'll certainly be great!

I may edit this later with anything I missed/forgot.

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; March 12th, 2010 at 04:05 AM.
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:30 AM
TrackerXNinjaX
Traveling Artist

I like the idea of this game, great work, liking the concept for the maps. I like the idea of the eggs you get from every gym leader, but how about mixing it up, so they could be anywhere in the town or surrounding area, but the leader will give you a hint or a technique you need like rock climb to get up to the place? Or they give you the HM rock climb, then you go through the short dungeon behind their gym to get to it?
Just my 3 cents.
Mapshot from Rigel_101's hack
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerXNinjaX View Post
I like the idea of this game, great work, liking the concept for the maps. I like the idea of the eggs you get from every gym leader, but how about mixing it up, so they could be anywhere in the town or surrounding area, but the leader will give you a hint or a technique you need like rock climb to get up to the place? Or they give you the HM rock climb, then you go through the short dungeon behind their gym to get to it?
Just my 3 cents.
I would normally wait for a few posts before replying, but I have to to this.
That's a really good idea. A lot more interesting than them just giving you it. I'll add that to the front page now. Thanks

Demo Beta out Now!

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:45 AM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Can I ask why the main hero has green hair?
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:56 PM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Why not? Dontcha think he looks kinda cool?
@Peeky Of course I knew they were baby versions! I came up with the idea, didn't I? :\
@shadowtogepi Absol is SO CUTE!!! I love it!
Also, I have an opinion on the egg idea. I think it should be some kind of riddle and a cave of some kind, and it's quite hard to catch. We all remember the Regis from Emerald, right?
Otherwise, I think the gym leader should just give it to you. I don't like the idea of the HM being used. Sorry, just my opinion.

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Old March 14th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

Looks great, can't wait to play this game

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old March 14th, 2010, 09:26 AM
shadowtogepi

skarmory and pinsir ARE bad, but the original for skarmory looked like a silver pirate torchic!
@pikarich thanks, I much prefer ralts. it was supposed to be small, and trying to look out from under it's helmet
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Bordew5
PokéTect

looks good so far, and I can't wait to try a demo
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:00 AM
blendaz
Yo, Champ in the making!

Looks quite promising ... I hope you can finish it.
Good luck :]

I've got a [SHINY TOTODILE]
Old March 15th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@インフェルノの津波: What pikarich said.

@pikarich: Actually, I had the idea, I think. Yeah, I was thinking of having riddles, although it may be hard to create hard enough ones. I do want the HM to be used in some way, it could be like a sort of tutorial of how to use it. But not a tutorial.

@Hybrid Trainer: Thanks, not long now!

@shadowtogepi: I aggree, they are quite bad. Don't go making anymore though, I've already said Aquakip is making them and you're only plan b.

@Bordew5: Thank you. Keep checking the thread for the demo release date.

@blendaz: Thanks, I certainly will!

Update:
Before the major update, I thought I'd give you guys something our twitter followers will have already seen. So here it is, the Okyto regions final map:

It took me about three hours to make and I'm really pleased with it!

Competition:
The map (not including eastern island and mountain ranges) is actually based off a real life region in Britain. The first person to correctly identify the exact part it is based off will win a starring role in the game. You'll be a reccuring character up to the elite four, and even get to chose some of your own lines and what you look like. So, load the map off wikipedia and get searching!
Rules:
You can only guess more than one time if you wait for others to post, in other words, don't double post! It's in Britain, no where else! The deadline is April the 1st and if no one has won by then I'll randomly select one of the members* who has replied from now.
I'll contact you in VM as to not clutter up the topic.
*Only active members will be included in the shuffle.

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; March 15th, 2010 at 04:58 AM.
Old March 15th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Death Strike
a.k.a Minions123

Nature: Docile
I'm going to try a guess here, maybe Essex? Kind of looks like it, but I don't know....

Old March 15th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

That'll be a bit of North Wales plus the Isle of Man. Just rotate it 90 degrees and flip horizontally. You've even got Snowdon in there (the snowy mountain, if you don't know it).

Last edited by Maruno; March 15th, 2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Piplup-Trainer
This is my custom user title.

Location: Europe. Many people haven`t heard about the country in which I live.
Ummm...may I ask where do you start your adventure?
Which town (what point on the map)?
I LEFT PC!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member....message2790824

Short summary :

2007 : ROM Hacking - asking some questions regarding Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
2008 : Trading - mostly to complePokemon keDex in Pokemon Diamond until 2009
2009 : Battling - battles without ev'd Pokemon until 2009, competitive battles until 2010
2010 : Chatting - talking to pc friends, but more often on ut more often on MSN), having a good time
2011 : Less activity - it dropped more because of Windows Live Messenger and Facebook
Old March 15th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Right, nobody has been correct so far. Although the resemblance between what Maruno posted and the map are uncanny. It's amazing how similar they are. Since they are so similar, if no one else guesses correctly before 12:00 pm tommorow (gmt), Maruno will win.

@Piplup-Trainer: The starting town is the one at the bottom left.

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; March 16th, 2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Left, right, same difference >_<
Old March 15th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Nightrider434343
Intermediate Game Developer

Whoever is doing the graphical effects is really quite good. I haven't seen custom houses and buildings that well done! Nice looking menu as well.
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:11 AM
shadowtogepi

could it be in between clacton on sea and margate?
it's to the right of london.
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Unfortunately that is not correct. I know btw. (I wasn't allowed to enter)
Also, to Peeky, there is no bottom-right. I think you meant bottom-left. The one above it is Larcoon. I don't think we can disclose the name of the hometown yet. And I think we should stick to the deadline of April 1st, I think it is guessable.
Also, since I am head of storyline, could I devise some of the riddles to get the eggs? But I really do still prefer the leaders just giving you the egg. There could be some cute dialogue with you and the leader.

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Old March 16th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Your map "Okyto Region" is based on Lizard Point, Cornwall.

Those north-west mountains are around Helston.Sort of.

The bottom left town is pretty much exactly where lizard point is. The inlets at the top are near Truro.

Do I win?

Btw, your graphics, the buildings etc. are brilliant.Better than Pokemon Raptor, which seems to be the only downloadable game around here.
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-kahr View Post
It's this place! (I don't know what it's called but i found it xD):
That's the one that I was on about, in my post right above yours.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here