Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development
Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 23rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
I've finally broke down. I'm giving the people what they want!

A sample of more to come!
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013
Old March 23rd, 2010, 11:40 PM
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.

Nature: Sassy
The tiles look very ripped... I don't know if that was what you wanted?

~Ledyba~
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:07 AM
KingCharizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewitty View Post
The tiles look very ripped... I don't know if that was what you wanted?
They are ripped, I dont have any custom indoor tiles, and I dont know how to make them work with kyle's tiles... Why do you think I was reluctant to change them...

I'm not very good at spriting.

This is all I have... I really like kyledove's tiles and I dont plan on changing them at all. But its either ripped 4th gen or 3rd gen... 4th fits better you guys say. I really dont know what to do about this problem. I could try to recolor them but honestly i dont know where to begin...
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

For crying out loud, the problem isn't with the fact you're using 3rd gen graphics, it's that they're bad ones. Look at the indoor graphics in Malachite: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159560
They're really good. Try to replicate that.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old March 24th, 2010, 01:05 AM
KingCharizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
For crying out loud, the problem isn't with the fact you're using 3rd gen graphics, it's that they're bad ones. Look at the indoor graphics in Malachite: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159560
They're really good. Try to replicate that.
You see this is just the stuff I'm talking about, you all complain bout the 3rd gen tiles now when I do change them they are still wrong... OMFG this crap is frusterating. I'll stick with the 4th gen ripped, you guys dont like it too bad... OI also has spriters working for him as I've said before my specialty isn't graphics especially pixel art... And they are custom tiles....
Everyone wants to complain, but noone wants to make an effort to help fix it... Its staying as is. So those screens are current and so are these:
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
You see this is just the stuff I'm talking about, you all complain bout the 3rd gen tiles now when I do change them they are still wrong... OMFG this crap is frusterating. I'll stick with the 4th gen ripped, you guys dont like it too bad... OI also has spriters working for him as I've said before my specialty isn't graphics especially pixel art... And they are custom tiles....
Everyone wants to complain, but noone wants to make an effort to help fix it... Its staying as is. So those screens are current and so are these:
Don't call me you all, I've been with the 3rd gen gaphcs from the start. The only part I didn't like was the gym. In my game I acually used 3rd gen indoors with 4h outdoor and it looked fine, I had no spriters, I just used the right tiles. Sorry I can't view the screens.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old March 24th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

Erm, Charizard, in case you were unaware, Kyledove actual created custom 4th Gen indoor tiles that go with his outdoor tiles quite well; I think they're actually included in your resource pack.
Old March 24th, 2010, 03:44 AM
KingCharizard

Yeah, I know he did, they weren't kyle's they were alucus, but I did find other indoor tiles done by kyledove and here is 2 Updated screens from my game...

Actually these are Exclusive for a certain house. Not throught the game.

Last edited by KingCharizard; March 24th, 2010 at 03:51 AM.
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Quote:
Yeah, I know he did, they weren't kyle's they were alucus, but I did find other indoor tiles done by kyledove and here is 2 Updated screens from my game...

That's it, you obviously can't be helped. I said I've supported the 3rd gen the whole time, and you ignored me. If you want to use ugly 4th gen tiles and lose a supporter, that's your choice.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old March 24th, 2010, 04:28 AM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Al you need to do is correct the shape of the tiles and redo the shading. That's all.

~Ledyba~
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:39 AM
KingCharizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewitty View Post
Al you need to do is correct the shape of the tiles and redo the shading. That's all.

Like that dew? Lol not mine credit to kymotonian aka Kyledove.

Sorry peeky chew but I now have Kyledove's indoor 4th gen. I think it only right that I use the complete set.
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Quote:

Like that dew? Lol not mine credit to kymotonian aka Kyledove.

Sorry peeky chew but I now have Kyledove's indoor 4th gen. I think it only right that I use the complete set.
The problem is, those are old tiles. They aren't as nice as the best 3rd gen ones or the best 4th.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old March 24th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Crazy Weavile
Manufacturing a deity

Nature: Quirky

This doesn't look impressive, being offcenter and having only placeholder text.

But what it is is a fully functional scrolling region map; the art is currently offcenter, not the scrolling. The map scrolls the way it does in HG/SS, allowing for essentially limitless horizontal space. I'm debating a public release of it; I do worry that we'll have lots of idiots making terrible games involving huge, long lines of regions because "hey look i can copy/paste PokemonRegionMap", through...
Old March 24th, 2010, 06:27 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Weavile View Post

This doesn't look impressive, being offcenter and having only placeholder text.

But what it is is a fully functional scrolling region map; the art is currently offcenter, not the scrolling. The map scrolls the way it does in HG/SS, allowing for essentially limitless horizontal space. I'm debating a public release of it; I do worry that we'll have lots of idiots making terrible games involving huge, long lines of regions because "hey look i can copy/paste PokemonRegionMap", through...
what about people like myself that could really use it and put it to good use lol?

May I?

If you'd like you could just PM it to me, that is if you are going to share it. I totally agree though, releasing it public would start a trend of dumb games....
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Crazy Weavile
Manufacturing a deity

You seem to be doing just fine with a single-screen map...
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:10 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
You seem to be doing just fine with a single-screen map...
True but i would like to add more.
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Crazy Weavile
Manufacturing a deity

"I would like to add more" is precisely the reasoning I had for not wanting to release it. Adding landmass to show off your TOTALLY RADICAL scrolling region map is a bad thing.
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:40 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
"I would like to add more" is precisely the reasoning I had for not wanting to release it. Adding landmass to show off your TOTALLY RADICAL scrolling region map is a bad thing.
No addidng a rediculous amount of land is what you dont want. and that last part was just stupid. I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to add a little more to a region map...over doing it would be a bad thing.

But why'd you mention it? What other purpose would it serve?
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Crazy Weavile
Manufacturing a deity

The problem is in the fact that you don't NEED it. I did this because I already had an extremely large region and it's more natural than segmenting. You want to add more that you didn't plan for to take advantage of a new tool.
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:09 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
The problem is in the fact that you don't NEED it. I did this because I already had an extremely large region and it's more natural than segmenting. You want to add more that you didn't plan for to take advantage of a new tool.
where did you get that from? Are you sure your facts are straight? have you been to my thread recently? I had long planned to add more but couldnt because i had no way of doing it. I advise you go there first before making assumptions about my project.

It is fine though, if you did not intend to share the tool, then why mention it? No one is going to beg you, it just seems like you mentioned sharing it just to get a reply.

Im still wondering how you are going to tell me what I planned for, especially since everyone else around here or most of the people that check my thread no differently lol
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Crazy Weavile
Manufacturing a deity

I don't really frequent this place, and didn't feel like bothering with a 73 page thread.

Anyway, if you say so, I'll probably let you use the modified PokemonRegionMap; just wait for me to do a bit more work. The scrolling works, but it's not as smooth as I'd like.
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Title screen for XENOTIME. Haven't added the rest yet. Comments?

Demo Beta out Now!

Old March 24th, 2010, 10:41 AM
The Dewitty

Quote:

Nice tiles. I'd say stick with those.

~Ledyba~
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:

Erm...I am pretty sure those tiles were created by Newtiteuf, not Kyledove. They were created in Kyledove's old style.

Don't believe me? Proof: http://newtiteuf.deviantart.com/art/...Rips-137500453
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:18 PM
KingCharizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilerba View Post
Erm...I am pretty sure those tiles were created by Newtiteuf, not Kyledove. They were created in Kyledove's old style.

Don't believe me? Proof:
I never said those were kyle's I said I found his and I was showing off the new screens. I know they were. I didnt update my credits in my thread. I dont credit the wrong people. But thanks for trying to help. But they are free to use so i'm using them... I should have been more clear, i'm sorry for the confusion.
I did however say these were kyle's cause they are
Spoiler:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here