The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
Dewitty, Tell Me How much of trial and error did you have and who is scripting/eventing the game right now?

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:41 PM
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel_Kazuki View Post
Dewitty, Tell Me How much of trial and error did you have and who is scripting/eventing the game right now?
....Alot of errors. I even had to switch project for several times. The scripting is done by random people I know, like Wichu, from Pokémon Amethyst and ~JV~ from Pokémon Uranium, but the one I specifically asked for it was Luka S.J. from Pokémon Blue Chrome. I am eventing the game.

~Ledyba~
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Karel_Kazuki

I never would have guessed it took three scripters...And you have been working on this since October or around then?How far has the stor progressed?

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

Old March 29th, 2010, 10:06 PM
~Gary~
PSN: xAzureZePhYr.

Nature: Modest
nice hack!!!!

i like the screenies and the storyline
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Karel_Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Gary~ View Post
nice hack!!!!

That word is forbidden due to using it in the wrong forum.These arent hack, only games so if someone catches you using that word here,expect someone to correct you.

Old March 30th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
There are tile errors on the screen that's in your signature
The water edges don't have shadowed water underneath them.

This is graphically and mapping-wise looking very, very good.
Best of luck!
Old March 30th, 2010, 05:04 AM
●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●
Busy With Life.......

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•● Send a message via Skype™ to ●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●
Playing as a Pokemon?!? Wow, you sure hit the spot man!!
And the screenies seem good but i think that the fog is a lil' too much...Anyway, good luck!!

Old March 30th, 2010, 05:41 AM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•● View Post
Playing as a Pokemon?!? Wow, you sure hit the spot man!!
And the screenies seem good but i think that the fog is a lil' too much...Anyway, good luck!!
Yeah, I've had complaints about the fog before... I already fixed it a bit. Though, I like it the way it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
There are tile errors on the screen that's in your signature
The water edges don't have shadowed water underneath them.

This is graphically and mapping-wise looking very, very good.
Best of luck!
Thanks for noticing, it is fixed in both the sig and the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Gary~ View Post
nice hack!!!!

As Karel_Kazuki already said, this isn't a hack. It's a game made with RPGXP. For hacks.. go to the emulation section.

Quote:
I never would have guessed it took three scripters...And you have been working on this since October or around then?How far has the stor progressed?
It takes some skills, y'know... at least, if you want something besides just a pretty-looking game.

~Ledyba~
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Quote:
It's a hidden city inside of a hollow mountain. And it still has some small holes in it which make sun break through.. so there is the ability to grow trees.
Some holes in it? Ok, some holes aren't gonna provide enough light for a tree to grow =/
I just can't buy it =/ Maybe some grass, or weeds, but not an entire tree.

If it's in a hollowed out mountain, then just make it surrounded by a mountain, I think that would suffice. It just seems to weird having trees grow inside a cave..
Old March 30th, 2010, 11:37 AM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
Some holes in it? Ok, some holes aren't gonna provide enough light for a tree to grow =/
I just can't buy it =/ Maybe some grass, or weeds, but not an entire tree.

If it's in a hollowed out mountain, then just make it surrounded by a mountain, I think that would suffice. It just seems to weird having trees grow inside a cave..
That was actually what I wanted. To make it seem impossible. You'll find out the reason when you play the game. But I don't want to reveal too much of the game, except for the plot in the thread.

~Ledyba~
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:00 PM
VEGET@

The look very very good.
The screen is bigger than normal rigth??
Good bye.
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Trigger
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Can you evolve Zolua into Zoloark? I call them that because that's probably going their Americanized names.
Old March 30th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Vociferocity
[ bad girls do it well ]

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Vociferocity
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewitty View Post
I don't really know that, since a big part of the game is already focused on the girl. But if there are many people who'd like a female player... who am I to not follow that advice?
It's true that the girl has an important role, but having a major npc be a chick is different from getting to actually play as a girl. idk, I mean, it's not difficult to make it so you can play as either a girl or a guy, so I guess I just don't really see why you'd make it so you could only play as a dude.

then again, it's your game, so I shouldn't tell you what to do with it XD it's looking great so far, I love the idea of a city inside a mountain.
Old March 31st, 2010, 03:12 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

So you finally posted this?
I won't comment on the story since graphics are such an important part in your games.
1. It looks really good, the light effects don't deter from the rest and the buildings really nice. One bad part is where the grass connects to the ledge, it looks unnatural. The grass should really over hang a little.
2. The trees and grass are really nice, perfect pallets on them. Is it snow on the trees btw? And little cute Buneary hopping about!
3. Everything looks fine in the cave, but the light from the entrance, it doesn't look right.
4. The trees in here don't look very good in this one, I know they're the HG/SS standard, but I don't really like them. The mountain tiles also need a new pallet imo.
5. ^
6. Nice sea tiles there, I don't suppose they're public
7. There shouldn't really be grass right on the sea shore, since the sea would wash anything away before it could grow that much. The rest looks great, I really like the gym.
8. It doesn't really matter, but how are those shrubs supposed to grow on paving? The flowers are too flat, but I suppose it fits.
9. Those great trees again! The buildings good and so is the rest. However, like in the cave, the lighting isn't that good. It's too distracting.
10. Same place.
11. You've mixed the trees pretty well, but maybe the top row of five in a shouldn't be all the same? Blue grass looks cool. And Zorua!
12. The building at the top looks a little flat, but maybe that's only since you can't see the top. The rest is fine.

Over all it's all really good, probably the fifth best looking game here. I don't like it as much as August Emerald (4th best imo), the buildings don't seems as original or good, the lighting is also not as good. I also like the classic resolution more.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old March 31st, 2010, 04:06 AM
ultron90
Beginning Trainer

It looks awesome. But I noticed in the video that when the player gets to the edge of a map, he doesn't stay in the middle of the screen anymore. Is that intentional?

Pokémon Flint Forums!
Old March 31st, 2010, 04:14 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultron90 View Post
It looks awesome. But I noticed in the video that when the player gets to the edge of a map, he doesn't stay in the middle of the screen anymore. Is that intentional?
I believe that is a feature of Essentials that prevents the players from seeing the HORRIBLE BLACK EDGES, if maps aren't large enough.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old March 31st, 2010, 08:20 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
I believe that is a feature of Essentials that prevents the players from seeing the HORRIBLE BLACK EDGES, if maps aren't large enough.
Actually, that is a default feature on RMXP that Poccil removed, but it looks like he added it back in the latest versions.

Dew, the game is looking really good, kepp doing that great work!
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:49 AM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGET@ View Post
The look very very good.
The screen is bigger than normal rigth??
Good bye.
Yes it is. I like big screens. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
Can you evolve Zolua into Zoloark? I call them that because that's probably going their Americanized names.
I didn't knew that. And no, it stays a Zo(r/l)ua. A Pokémon-Yellow-Pikachu-Effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vociferocity View Post

It's true that the girl has an important role, but having a major npc be a chick is different from getting to actually play as a girl. idk, I mean, it's not difficult to make it so you can play as either a girl or a guy, so I guess I just don't really see why you'd make it so you could only play as a dude.

then again, it's your game, so I shouldn't tell you what to do with it XD it's looking great so far, I love the idea of a city inside a mountain.
Perhaps you're right. You know... expect a heroine soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
So you finally posted this?
I won't comment on the story since graphics are such an important part in your games.
1. It looks really good, the light effects don't deter from the rest and the buildings really nice. One bad part is where the grass connects to the ledge, it looks unnatural. The grass should really over hang a little.
2. The trees and grass are really nice, perfect pallets on them. Is it snow on the trees btw? And little cute Buneary hopping about!
3. Everything looks fine in the cave, but the light from the entrance, it doesn't look right.
4. The trees in here don't look very good in this one, I know they're the HG/SS standard, but I don't really like them. The mountain tiles also need a new pallet imo.
5. ^
6. Nice sea tiles there, I don't suppose they're public
7. There shouldn't really be grass right on the sea shore, since the sea would wash anything away before it could grow that much. The rest looks great, I really like the gym.
8. It doesn't really matter, but how are those shrubs supposed to grow on paving? The flowers are too flat, but I suppose it fits.
9. Those great trees again! The buildings good and so is the rest. However, like in the cave, the lighting isn't that good. It's too distracting.
10. Same place.
11. You've mixed the trees pretty well, but maybe the top row of five in a shouldn't be all the same? Blue grass looks cool. And Zorua!
12. The building at the top looks a little flat, but maybe that's only since you can't see the top. The rest is fine.

Over all it's all really good, probably the fifth best looking game here. I don't like it as much as August Emerald (4th best imo), the buildings don't seems as original or good, the lighting is also not as good. I also like the classic resolution more.
You like August Emerald better?! Dude.. that style is old. Well, people may have their own opinions, eh?

1. I agree with you about the ledge, that'll be fixed.
3. And about the entrance in the cave... I bet you mean the side one? Check HGSS on it. That's how it looks.
4. Alot of people don't seem to like the trees HGSS uses... well... they fit this area pretty good, and remember, only the southern part of the region will use this tree kind!
6. Nope... they aren't. xD
7. Woops, tile bug! Thanks for noticing.
8. They didn't grow, they are planted. Plus, those aren't flowers, but berries.
9. Actually, that isn't lighting, that's just a screen color tone because of the fact it's a area where it snows.
11. I placed those trees completely randomly.. but perhaps you're right.
12. Yeah, it does look flat in the screen, but it's the missing roof which causes that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultron90 View Post
I'm using Essentials' SnapEdges mode. I did this on purpose.. because I like it. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
It wasn't specifically to prevent black edges, but it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
Actually, that is a default feature on RMXP that Poccil removed, but it looks like he added it back in the latest versions.

Dew, the game is looking really good, kepp doing that great work!
Yeah, that's what it is. And thanks man.

~Ledyba~
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:56 AM
Karel_Kazuki

Dew im guessing a demo wont be released until the phantom Z movie is release yes?

Old March 31st, 2010, 06:45 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
you don't know how jealous I am! The tiles look so cool, and i like the fogs.(i need to learn how to make those..)
awesome!!!

Old April 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Dew im guessing a demo wont be released until the phantom Z movie is release yes?
There will be a demo when everything is finished. No need to wait for the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyu~♥! View Post
you don't know how jealous I am! The tiles look so cool, and i like the fogs.(i need to learn how to make those..)
awesome!!!
Thanks.

UPDATE: Sprites of Neil and then new female hero Alicia revealed! Plus, a new YOUTUBE video from a few of the beginning events!

~Ledyba~
Old April 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
wow, maybe I'm a lil late, but everyone is a critic... I see the errors about some of the stuff reading the topic but the errors by some is to make theirselves feel better bout their piece of crap... If you release this during my release i'd be screwed... keep up the good work.. seen alot of people trying to critisise what they could never do...
Old April 1st, 2010, 05:34 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

The first two screenies gave me sort of a chuckle 'LOMG' I interpreted it into LOLOMG/LOL OH MY GOD..Furthermore, it's very nice,the screenies look very promising and the tiles are amazing.I like the idea of changing storylines and focusing on the kidnapped Pokemon. Keep up the good work.
On a side note:
I'm just wondering about this sentence because shouldn't it be Mr.Cutter instead of mr.Cutter?
Old April 1st, 2010, 06:29 PM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

Artistically, this game looks quite impressive, but you really need to cut down on your use of fogs. Adding fogs here and there for atmosphere is great, but using them in every single map is a little overkill.

For example, the cave in your signature has this strange, light-rays fog going on, looking as if we're playing the game through a sheet of glass. While this fog is present on some other screens as well, what on earth is it doing on a cave map?

Overall though, don't take my complaint too seriously; I still think this is a really high quality game. The name of the project (and to a further extent the acronym) is a bit silly, but overall I think this is an interesting spin on Pokémon.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:52 AM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
wow, maybe I'm a lil late, but everyone is a critic... I see the errors about some of the stuff reading the topic but the errors by some is to make theirselves feel better bout their piece of crap... If you release this during my release i'd be screwed... keep up the good work.. seen alot of people trying to critisise what they could never do...
Aww.. thanks. I've played your demo, by the way. You could use some music (xD) and PLEASE.. get some new tiles. Sinnoh Kyle's are way overused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
The first two screenies gave me sort of a chuckle 'LOMG' I interpreted it into LOLOMG/LOL OH MY GOD..Furthermore, it's very nice,the screenies look very promising and the tiles are amazing.I like the idea of changing storylines and focusing on the kidnapped Pokemon. Keep up the good work.
On a side note:
I'm just wondering about this sentence because shouldn't it be Mr.Cutter instead of mr.Cutter?
Ahaha, that's what I had too.. so I think 'LotMG' would be better. And.. I actually don't know. Does it? I'm not native, y'know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchewy View Post
Artistically, this game looks quite impressive, but you really need to cut down on your use of fogs. Adding fogs here and there for atmosphere is great, but using them in every single map is a little overkill.

For example, the cave in your signature has this strange, light-rays fog going on, looking as if we're playing the game through a sheet of glass. While this fog is present on some other screens as well, what on earth is it doing on a cave map?

Overall though, don't take my complaint too seriously; I still think this is a really high quality game. The name of the project (and to a further extent the acronym) is a bit silly, but overall I think this is an interesting spin on Pokémon.
Actually, I don't use the fogs on every single map. Just on the snow maps and some light rays on the cave maps. The rest is fully fog-less. And about the name... I think it describes what the game is about, so you'll see when a demo comes.

~Ledyba~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links