The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Old March 27th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Part 1 of the Team Galactic finale!
Old March 27th, 2010, 07:38 AM
DonRoyale
Get on my choppa!

Nature: Adamant
So that diamond was a virus that deleted the Police's entire database...I was confused as to what that meant when I saw it in Japanese.

Seeing Ash and co. in the Team Rocket balloon was still uber-awesome.
Old March 27th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I didn't like the fact that Jupiter's Skuntank's Flamethrower was on par with Piplup's Bubblebeam. If fire and water clashed and they had the same power fire would win and flamethrower has more power and not to mention Skuntank is a lot stronger than Piplup.

After watching this episode, I can't seem to determine the path they're taking to Sunnyshore City.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old March 28th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
This episode was a tease for what is to come basically. I thought the Charon face on the computer when the jewel wiped out the police data-base was simply adorable though!

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Tyranitar07
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings Don't Cry View Post
I didn't like the fact that Jupiter's Skuntank's Flamethrower was on par with Piplup's Bubblebeam. If fire and water clashed and they had the same power fire would win and flamethrower has more power and not to mention Skuntank is a lot stronger than Piplup.

After watching this episode, I can't seem to determine the path they're taking to Sunnyshore City.
remember Piplup get's STAB for bubblebeam, so technically his bubblebeam was stronger than Skuntank's non-STAB flamethrower
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I like this episode Stunktanks was very amusing as well :D His voice kinda sucked though, I would have thought a tougher voice would have worked better =P
I liked charons face when the virus was activated also LOL I wasnt exspecting it tbh... I thought they would scan it and they would think its from the red chain LOL
I cannot wait the next episodes!!! The lake trio, hunter J, gary, cynthia, dialga, palkia, team galactic and the man himself... CYRUS!!!

Old March 28th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Ew. Jupiter/Looker. That's just a nasty image. Yuckity-yuck. That animation was pretty much ****, especially since I have that double battle still fresh in my mind, but luckily this was just the first part of the finale. At least Jupiter got some time of her own.
Old March 28th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Oh wow, I can't wait to see what ends up! That red jewel crashing all of the information at HQ. TR getting kidnapped. Meowth coming to the rescue with all the others. All Galactic has to do is get Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf to get to the Spear Pillar for Dialga and Palkia.

You know, I thought Hunter J worked on her own; I didn't know she was in cahoots with Galactic.

I also can't wait to see the Daybreak City Contest and the Sunnyshore Gym Battle, but as of right now, Team Galactic is far more important than that!

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Trap-Eds
Dig a hole, dig a hole........

Nature: Quirky
Random thoughts:
-Jupiter's voice does not suit her. At all.
-Okay...If Pluto's name in Japan, in the anime and the games, is Charon, then how come in the English adaption of the anime his name is Charon, but in the games his name is Pluto? I mean, why bother changing it in the games? I like his laugh though.
-Skuntank is gross.
-What is up with cops and sunglasses??
-Hey, isn't that one of the ruby jewerly-design thingys from the lake trio?
-LOL!! Charon
-That...was a cheesy ending. :o

Rating: 10/10!!
:cer_boogie:
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

This was a great episode ~ And it was good how they kept all the music too (except the title card). Haha, I didn't like the Looker/Jupiter thing, either o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap-Eds View Post
-Okay...If Pluto's name in Japan, in the anime and the games, is Charon, then how come in the English adaption of the anime his name is Charon, but in the games his name is Pluto? I mean, why bother changing it in the games? I like his laugh though.
Haha, in Japanese his laugh was actually pretty annoying, not so much in the dub, I thought

This is what Bulbapedia says about Charon:
  • In Japanese, his name is Pluto, after the recently-demoted dwarf planet of the same name, whose planetary status was challenged after the discovery of a larger object, Eris, orbiting at around the same distance from the Sun.
  • In English, his name is Charon, after Pluto's largest natural satellite, which Pluto forms a binary system with, due to their incredibly similar size.
    Along with Cyrus, he is the only named member of Team Galactic that is not named after a planet, though he is directly named after a solar system object, unlike Cyrus.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charon
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Poor Pluto. Anyway, for a change of pace, I'll cover the Part 3 episode when it comes. Team Galactic's finale, I should be there in some form.

So, Jupiter/Looker, eh? I can't say I saw that coming. Hah....

And enjoy the Bulbapedia take, including some fun errors within the episode.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP150
Old March 30th, 2010, 08:30 PM
sabrina_diamond
Blazing dark Vulpix

Nature: Relaxed
Now, this was almost exactly the kind of action I was looking for in Pokemon episodes! :3 I loved almost everything except when Team Rocket got shocked continuously and Pinlup's constant bubblebeam attack. Team Galatic's hairstyle is kinda loopy though...
I give this an 8.5 out of ten for effort, because of the extra attention to plot and action, they should do more story arcs like these more often.

Cobalt the level 42 Vulpix

Silver's PokePet

Shroudlure the level 43 Mightyena!

[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]
Old April 7th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Here is your Dogasu Episode comparison, enjoy:

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...arl/ep150.html

I particularly enjoyed this one, as Dogasu explores a Dub issue that has bugged me for some time, the dialogue re-writing of the Rocket trio. Otherwise, everyone else is written accurately with their Japanese lines. Just, yeah, I'll spare the rant.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here