Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Closed Thread

Old April 2nd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes

Advertise here
Here is where you can discuss Pokémon Hunter J's pursuit of the Lake Guardians in "The Needs of the Three!"

(I decided to post this Episode Discussion, per old times' sake, Team Galactic's involvement and for missing out on last week's Episode Discussion. Special thanks to Blue D for covering the previous episode. I'll do next week's episode, as well.

Posting it a day early, since I won't be on, tomorrow. Either way, I'm still alive, people, in some form.)
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Woah, you posting an episode for old times' sake? I should probably post one for old times' sake too. Maybe steal the next one.

Should I assume that she'll catch all of these Pokémon in one episode?
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:49 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I would always like to post an episode discussion again but Blue_Drifblim has stolen them D: Or, will. ...XD
Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:16 AM
Vernikova

I guess J was Killed Off For Real in this episode. I'm happy that Team Rocket was able to get some screentime in this episode as well and I really liked their Galactic costumes as well. The animation was a bit iffy but I enjoyed this episode overall.

Last edited by Vernikova; April 3rd, 2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Loading . . . Loading . . . Loading . . . .
Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:42 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Wow, epic episode!
Gary FTW Though his new dub voice will get the better of him :\ Poor umbreon... electravire sucked...
Jupiter and mars were looking as barbie as ever!
I kinda liked hunter J... I hope she comes back LOL
Ash, Dawn and Brock should take some paracetamol xD
Is it just me or does cynthia sound... different? Did they change her voice actor or somthing? Or is it just she sounds very dramatic in this episode XD
Cyrus needs to chill out on all that botox LOL
Uxie and Brock was a perfect match, just look at their eyes
Weeeeeeeee Ash, Dawn and Brock having a fun teleportation! :D
You gotta love Charon and his funny...ness?
Crogunk and toxicroak staring contest xD

And a what a way to end an epic episode with an epic picture/to be continued thingee!
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old April 3rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
All I can say is....wow!

I think it's safe to say that Pokemon have the power to kill; especially when it comes to Mesprit and Uxie using Future Sight like that to take out Hunter J's ship.

This would've made for great movie material!

It was too bad that Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter all thought they were the chosen ones when it was actually Ash, Dawn and Brock who were chosen.

I wonder how long it took them to realize that Cyrus was the head of Team Galactic. Team Rocket is too noisy and kinda obnoxious when they saw Looker, but I want to see how they fare in the epic rage that's going on.

Right now, I don't care about Contests or Gym Battles. I want to see how this ends! Well, I guess I'll wait for next week. Oooh, will Galactic make a new world order? What about Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit? Or Ash, Dawn, Brock, Pikachu, Piplup, and Croagunk?
Ash. Dawn. Brock. Irvine. Contest. Gym Battle. Roses. This is...The Prism City Saga

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerainisthajam View Post
All I can say is....wow!

I think it's safe to say that Pokemon have the power to kill; especially when it comes to Mesprit and Uxie using Future Sight like that to take out Hunter J's ship.

This would've made for great movie material!

It was too bad that Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter all thought they were the chosen ones when it was actually Ash, Dawn and Brock who were chosen.

I wonder how long it took them to realize that Cyrus was the head of Team Galactic. Team Rocket is too noisy and kinda obnoxious when they saw Looker, but I want to see how they fare in the epic rage that's going on.

Right now, I don't care about Contests or Gym Battles. I want to see how this ends! Well, I guess I'll wait for next week. Oooh, will Galactic make a new world order? What about Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit? Or Ash, Dawn, Brock, Pikachu, Piplup, and Croagunk?
You should have narrated the end instead! XD
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old April 3rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Oh wow, this was an amazing episode ~ It's episodes like this that show the anime could actually be really great if they tried. I can't wait for next weeks, even though I already watched them both in Japanese XD

- Cool, they kept all the yelling when J dies
- Cynthia sounds dead...
- Haha wow, Cyrus death glare...
- Epic art at the end
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~
Gary FTW Though his new dub voice will get the better of him :\
What new dub voice? He has the same voice actor that he's always had.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
Now why can't all episodes of the show be as good as this one was?
And did anyone else think Cynthia sounded depressed?
Old April 4th, 2010, 01:06 AM
The Red Chain

The one thing I could not get past me in this entire episode was how ridiculously terrible the dubbed voices are for the lake trio.
I mean c'mon! The Japanese voices were faaar superior, why in the love of Arceus did they change them?!
I'm not looking forward to next weekend's finishing episode of this special, I'm really not.
My poor pixies were ruined. ;~;

Other than that unfortunate fail I love this episode~
Have since I first watched the Japanese version of it the day it came out. :3
... I also still cannot believe that Hunter J was basically killed off.
Pokemon has guts afterall. <3

One other thing I found interesting is when Saturn was saying that the pixies "lakes" aren't actually lakes at all.
That they are basically another dimension disguised as a lake. Now THAT is epic.
Satoshi has one crazy mind...
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
This episode really made me like the lake trio more... they seemed like they were gonna be badass by their attitude but got whomped but they were cute and exciting.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Thunderwolf1989
Ninetales fan! Ground trainer

Okay..

First: What happened to Gary? he was never that weak before.. Even if he'd lose eventually, I don't think this one-hit-faint thing is what he was like before.

Next: It's the costume freaks again, and now team rocket is going disguised as galactic grunts?

Meh, I'd like those galactic weirdo's to be more unique (as in having different pokemon, now they all have golbat, not as in even weirder costumes).

For legendaries Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit are quite weak in the direct battle though. Sure, the explosion looked fun, but did they really think they'd last that long in the fight?
And what else did they really do? Give Ash, Brock and Dawn headaches? lol

GPXPlus

Favorite Pokémon

My Hack's (Manarii Islands) Thread:

Old April 4th, 2010, 04:36 AM
sabrina_diamond
Blazing dark Vulpix

Nature: Relaxed
Woah, Pokemon has really changed from its seemingly idyllic and innocent days... I can never look at an episode the same way again. It's kinda risque, but the Team Galactic girls uniforms take a while to get used to -_-. Love Saturn though, but Pokemon Hunter J!!!!!! T_T! RIP J. That was the first time they actually killed someone onscreen in the anime, and I was really shocked at this. I love Umbreon this episode though, and Pokemon seems to be more action packed recently.
Saskia's PokePet

Cobalt the level 42 Vulpix

Silver's PokePet

Shroudlure the level 43 Mightyena!

[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Masquerainisthajam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
You should have narrated the end instead! XD
Eh, I would, but I would leave that to the current narrator instead! ^.^
Ash. Dawn. Brock. Irvine. Contest. Gym Battle. Roses. This is...The Prism City Saga

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old April 6th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
Woah, you posting an episode for old times' sake? I should probably post one for old times' sake too. Maybe steal the next one.

Should I assume that she'll catch all of these Pokémon in one episode?
Careful there, or feel the former Mod's wrath (assuming I have any "wrath" left). Hee. Seriously, though, I do feel rather connected to the evil team episodes, since they are why I like Pokemon. Don't worry, after next week's episode, you can have at it with the rest of this season's fare. At least, it would be fine by me.

So, J is killed off, eh? Huh. Didn't see that coming.
Old April 6th, 2010, 07:14 PM
CyanideEspeon
Strange Woman

OK, I know I sound mean, but I officially hate Uxie and Mesprit in the anime. I didn't really like J, but Uxie and Mesprit IMO (the anime versions, not mine) should go die in an electric chair.
Galactic Sister-Galactic Gal

Avid user of Pokémon from NPC trades.
Old April 7th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideEspeon View Post
OK, I know I sound mean, but I officially hate Uxie and Mesprit in the anime. I didn't really like J, but Uxie and Mesprit IMO (the anime versions, not mine) should go die in an electric chair.
That would be a very unpleasant death, yep.

Anyway, here is the Dogasu episode comparison. Nothing much to say beyond a minor dialogue edit or two.

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...arl/ep151.html
Old April 8th, 2010, 12:53 PM
CyanideEspeon
Strange Woman

Also, poor Drapion and Salamence. Why did Uxie and Mesprit do that knowing it would kill four people and two Pokémon? Three are not worth the price of six. I loved watching Uxie and Mesprit suffer. If Ash and friends knew what they did, I bet they'd just leave them.

Old April 10th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Pokegirl98
Just an Average Fangirl

my thoughts:

-wow, they killed J. THATS WHAT SHE GETS FOR HURTING RIOLU!!!!!
-ROTFL at ash's voice. "Gary Oak??" He sounds like he's choking.
-somebody get Ash&co. some asprin!
-brock and uxie's eyes match...
-that teleporting was freaky.
-team rocket always has the perfect discuise (<spelling?). Why are they feeling so...helpful latley? oh, yeah, they want to destroy the fashion freaks.
-Hmmm...not sure what to say about that dream...it's freaky they all had the exact same dream...

that's pretty much it.
........dunno what to put here........
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:12 PM
CyanideEspeon
Strange Woman

Quote:
Also, poor Drapion and Salamence. Why did Uxie and Mesprit do that knowing it would kill four people and two Pokémon? Three are not worth the price of six. I loved watching Uxie and Mesprit suffer. If Ash and friends knew what they did, I bet they'd just leave them.
Scratch the four people and two Pokémon part, those nasty pixies killed four people and three Pokémon. That is definitely worth the death sentence where I live.

@Pokegirl98: That was harsh, no offense. But what do I know? My signature is harsh.

Last edited by CyanideEspeon; April 11th, 2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Masquerainisthajam

Quote:
Well, think of it this way. Uxie and Mesprit used Future Sight to kill off those people because they were a threat to the world and the "new world order". I thought the lake trio knew what they were doing. I wonder what would happen to the Pokemon when the people die. Do they get released? What happens to their PokeBalls? Another Pokemon mystery...

Old April 13th, 2010, 05:27 PM
CyanideEspeon
Strange Woman

The reason I feel sorry for J and the others is because I was kind of raised like that. My family doesn`t belive in harsh punishment, that`s all.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here