The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Overdrive64
Deluxe Trainer Extraordinare

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
^I like the finding an injured Pidgey and nursing it to health, I would go that route tho and avoid the dead pidgeys. Also, making Gyms challenging IMO but gym 1 should be nowhere near gym 8 O.o, make them at least possible wih a bit of grinding.

Anyways my idea:
---
Over Emerald:
Takes place after the events of G/S, in a region composed of islands in the between Hoenn and Johto (very close to Johto). Though many small islands/ towns are found in the sea, four 'main' island border the region in the four corners of the map, each composed of multiple towns, routes, caves, etc.

-You are a young boy from Hoen. Accompanied by your older friend (relationship unknown) you beggin sailing east to Johto. The game starts with you climbing onto the deck, where your friend invites you to fish. Against all odds you hook and catch the rare Feebas. (If you don't like Feebas don't worry, you'll have a chance to obtain a normal starter soon after.) You run low on gas and stop at the dock of a small island. You are sent into town to find some, needing to progess through a route to get there.

-You encounter Bill at the towns entrance. He is on the way to see Mr. Pokemon at his home there. He is distressed due to the fact the Red Scale has been taken. The two notice that the only Pokemon accompaning you is a Febass. Bill offers you Eevee to take with you (may change this to other pokemon) to help you on your way. When you return with the gas tank, you find your friend standing on the dock in a fury. Two Rocket Grunts are stealing the ship! You battle one of them, unfortunately by the time you are done the other has gotten away. You encounter Bill again on his way to his ship. He saw everything that took place, and notes that you handled your Pokemon well. He asks you to investigate what they may be up to, as team Rocket had supposedly disbanded. He offers you the use of his Fast Ship in exchange, as he can simply fly home on his Pokemon. *He flies away. You set sail to the first main island in the Southwest, following the grunts. The islands' terrain is mostly forrest.

-Although Giavonni ignored Team Rockets pleas for his return before, after seeing a news report about the Red Scale by Mr. Pokemon, he is intrigued on Rocket's progression in his absence. The team is attempting to to recreate the experiment on a larger scale; seting up broadcast centers on the four boardering islands, in order to creat an army of Gyarados to do their bidding and conquer the region, making it the perfect control point to conquer Johto. (Note that you start with Feebas, and that Milotic has the power to calm raging Pokemon.) This game MAY shed some light on Rocket's motives in R/B/Y as well...

-On your Journey you will encounter Silver on occasion, having come here to train and build a stronger connection with his pokemon, realizing he can never defeat Gold at his current strengh. (Those of you who know the HG/SS Celebi event know there is much more relevence to the reformed Silver's presence, but none of that for now...) On occasion you will encounter the Legendary Beasts, Entei and Raiko remain on 2 islands each, while Suicune remains in the water. (This game assumes Gold did not capture the Beasts after they escaped the tower.) They may play a roll in the story as well...
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Breets
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
Just an idea that's been rolling around in my head for the past couple of days. Feel free to comment or add on.

-----

You live on the southern island of the region of (region name) with your friend and companion, Eevee, in the peaceful town of (starter town name). However, unbeknown to you, a sinister criminal syndicate is planning to take over the region and use it to create and experiment on Pokemon, and basically take total control of the four islands for profit. Within a couple of months, the criminals, Team Rocket, successfully infiltrate and overthrow the government, while keeping it a secret; life on the four islands goes on as normal, although the Rockets are slowly gaining more and more power by pulling important people's strings from behind the scenes.

Now, five years later, life on the four islands is not what it used to be. It is no longer a secret that the Rockets are in total control, as they use both people and Pokemon for their own evil intentions. Sick of what life has become, you decide that enough is enough. You, along with your Eevee, travel to each of the four islands of the region with the intention of returning life to the way it was before. Along the way, you meet people who are willing to help as well as ones who will stop at nothing to crush you and your motives.

Last edited by Breets; April 16th, 2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:52 PM
MaoVara
PokeHack Lover

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to MaoVara Send a message via Skype™ to MaoVara
This is my story line idea for my Pokemon Fire Red Hack

Pokemon Umbra(If name isn't already taken)

Your character is playing through the Kanto region while going through the trials to get his friends back from the "Evil Organization" of the game and defeating the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 who are under their control.

Check this out!
I hope you like it!
Old April 13th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Pheonix_slayer
WASUP YALL?????

Nature: Rash
here is the basic rundown one that i wrote
Luke (or desired player name) wakes up one day to see that it is time to get his pokemon in a city called PALLET TOWN! Aware and proud that the most strongest trainer in the whole world, Ash Ketchum, also grew up in his town, he was super psyched. However, things have changed. For better or for worse. For example, when he stepped out of his house, the first thing he saw was... WATER. It all happened when he was 8 yrs. old...
At the age of 8, lukey (what his parents called him) woke up one day, after having a dream of playing with his favorite pokemon, umbreon. When he was finished dressing, he went downstairs. As he came, a neighbour came running in shouting, "Guys, watch the t.v.! something is happening so watch!" After the neighbour ran out, the parents dropped what they were doing and turned on the t.v. Luke (or player name) runs to joing the parents. This is what he saw.
"A news reporter is on t.v. 'hello, welcome to daily news. we have something to show you in Sootopolis City, Gresham?' (screen switches) 'As you can see here, there is an extremely heavy downpour. LOOK! A kid, approaching the legendary pokemon! He is locally known as brendan! What?? he can't stop them! Rayquaza is going ballistic!' the newsreporter continues, 'What is team aqua archie doing? a tm? he's puttin it on kyogre, oh no! The tm is ice beam! he is whispering something!' (pauses) 'no! whats! ... can't be... Kyogre is leaping in the air, using ice beam! Move Rayq... No IT can't! it... Direct hit, rayquaza is falling.' Kyogre faces reporter and bellows! 'NOOO!!! No, run, i...(static)..."
After seeing this, luke (again player name) runs up to his room, leaving his shocked parents in the family room. He looks out of his window, and sees dark clouds gathering! he reckognizes this from school, columbus clouds. he plops on his bed, while hearing terryfieng thunder and rain and hail start to pour. to this kid, this is an adventure. "Just 2 more years", he whispers. Just 2 more years.
[story begins] Luke (again) remembering this, on his walk to oaks lab, gets Gary running into him. He says,"Jeez, i finally found you! something has happened!" You ask what, and gary replies, "Ash is gone! he went to the sinnoh region, and discovered something horrific, and the real truth behind kyogre's cataclism 2 years ago! He needs you!" Gary runs off, never to be seen again (till later of course). you go to oaks lab, and he is in there pacing along. He notices's you and says, Luke (sigh) i need a favor of you. instead of your pokemon dream, you need to do something else. sorry, but it is of utmost importance." Oak continues, "Ash and gary have discovered these holes around the kanto region, and they are spreading. word comes out that ash went into one, and never came out! you have to go inspect and find out about these holes. Here, for your protection, i will give you a pokemon. They are so rare, it is fair to say that they are one of the last of their kind, due to these terrible times." Suprised, you ask, "well how do i stop the cataclysms, and find out and do whatever is necessary about these holes?" Oak gravely replies, "I don't know son, I don't know..."

so basically, luke, who is another person starts his adventure after pokemon emerald's scene, except with the variation that team aqua won. and then floods started impacting every region. (meaning if i create this game, all regions are in). and you have to stop it AND become a pokemon master.

p.s. should i call this game pokemon death blue or pokemon flux?

A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.
Old April 13th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Pheonix_slayer
WASUP YALL?????

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive64 View Post
^I like the finding an injured Pidgey and nursing it to health, I would go that route tho and avoid the dead pidgeys. Also, making Gyms challenging IMO but gym 1 should be nowhere near gym 8 O.o, make them at least possible wih a bit of grinding.

Anyways my idea:
---
Over Emerald:
Takes place after the events of G/S, in a region composed of islands in the between Hoenn and Johto (very close to Johto). Though many small islands/ towns are found in the sea, four 'main' island border the region in the four corners of the map, each composed of multiple towns, routes, caves, etc.

-You are a young boy from Hoen. Accompanied by your older friend (relationship unknown) you beggin sailing east to Johto. The game starts with you climbing onto the deck, where your friend invites you to fish. Against all odds you hook and catch the rare Feebas. (If you don't like Feebas don't worry, you'll have a chance to obtain a normal starter soon after.) You run low on gas and stop at the dock of a small island. You are sent into town to find some, needing to progess through a route to get there.

-You encounter Bill at the towns entrance. He is on the way to see Mr. Pokemon at his home there. He is distressed due to the fact the Red Scale has been taken. The two notice that the only Pokemon accompaning you is a Febass. Bill offers you Eevee to take with you (may change this to other pokemon) to help you on your way. When you return with the gas tank, you find your friend standing on the dock in a fury. Two Rocket Grunts are stealing the ship! You battle one of them, unfortunately by the time you are done the other has gotten away. You encounter Bill again on his way to his ship. He saw everything that took place, and notes that you handled your Pokemon well. He asks you to investigate what they may be up to, as team Rocket had supposedly disbanded. He offers you the use of his Fast Ship in exchange, as he can simply fly home on his Pokemon. *He flies away. You set sail to the first main island in the Southwest, following the grunts. The islands' terrain is mostly forrest.

-Although Giavonni ignored Team Rockets pleas for his return before, after seeing a news report about the Red Scale by Mr. Pokemon, he is intrigued on Rocket's progression in his absence. The team is attempting to to recreate the experiment on a larger scale; seting up broadcast centers on the four boardering islands, in order to creat an army of Gyarados to do their bidding and conquer the region, making it the perfect control point to conquer Johto. (Note that you start with Feebas, and that Milotic has the power to calm raging Pokemon.) This game MAY shed some light on Rocket's motives in R/B/Y as well...

-On your Journey you will encounter Silver on occasion, having come here to train and build a stronger connection with his pokemon, realizing he can never defeat Gold at his current strengh. (Those of you who know the HG/SS Celebi event know there is much more relevence to the reformed Silver's presence, but none of that for now...) On occasion you will encounter the Legendary Beasts, Entei and Raiko remain on 2 islands each, while Suicune remains in the water. (This game assumes Gold did not capture the Beasts after they escaped the tower.) They may play a roll in the story as well...
I think this is amazing! good! p.s. just a hinter, could you travel to both regions? i think you mean we could, just making sure!

A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Overdrive64
Deluxe Trainer Extraordinare

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix_slayer View Post
I think this is amazing! good! p.s. just a hinter, could you travel to both regions? i think you mean we could, just making sure!
Hoenn, no. As of now you can travel to West Johto: Whirl Islands, Olivine, Cianwood, and the Battle Tower. If there is room and I'm feeling really ambitious, the rest of Johto may follow suit. Needless to say simply using Shiny Gold or Liquid Crystal as a rom base was incredibly tempting.
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:39 PM
salochin
Dragon Master

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to salochin
Well I have this storyline going on right now in my head and I want to know if it sounds alright~
The main character starts of in the town of Fyre watching a news report in his/her house/bedroom. On the news is a report of strange weather events.And this is due (although it's not known yet) to one of six dragon-legendaries dissapearing causing the disruption in that part of the region's weather. The cause of the disappearance is due to this group called The Arcane Knights going around trying to capture all six of these dragons and use their power to take over the Earth.
Instead of Fighting Gym leaders you defeat the Six elite Knights of the Group to get 1/6 of a locator (not sure how to go about doing that, maybe the sixth Elite Knight just gives a map instead) to get to the location of the Main Knight leader.

This all takes place in the region of Holon, a region consisting of 7 large islands (3-4 towns each) and 11 smaller islands (0-2 towns). Anyways, I need help expanding/working on it.
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Busted 101
Majestic but Crazed

Well in this story, a super volcano in a region is controlled by a powerful pokemon. The pokemon is stolen by Team Disaster so they can use it's power to wipe the region off the map, to show their power. The volcano is destablized when Team Disaster steal the pokemon controlling the super volcano, meaning the volcano will erupt. You are the son/daughter of a geologist that knows the volcano will explode and kill everyone in the region and possibly destroy the world. So you are set on a journey to try and recover the mysterious pokemon. The gym leaders will be Team Disaster elite, so every one you defeat you get one piece of the Volcano Slate, which can be used to free the mysterious pokemon and save the world.
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:46 PM
The Who?
What is THIS doing in my hat?!

Heres my idead:

You are on top ten most wanted on the F.P.T.I. (Federal Pokemon Theif Inspectors) and have just graduated from trainer school with a bagon as a gift to see to police waiting outside for you. They confront you for stealing pokemon and bring you to prison. You have to climb through the vent and find your bagon, and run outside to get picked up by a team rocket helicopter. You change into your uniform and start your first mission.

Any suggestions?

OWNT.
Old April 17th, 2010, 12:05 PM
AlexAhnon
Lurking around.

Nature: Jolly
I got my passion in Pokemon Hacking back and in need of a new story, so I came up with this.

You wake up in a unknown cave and you don't seem to remember anything at all. You notice a letter on the ground, reading it carefully it says your name is [Insert player name here] and that your one of the ancestors to the People of Aura. Suddenly you get a flashback of how you ended up in the cave. (I won't spoil this part, you gotta play the game to find out)

That is how far I got. I'm still thinking about something more to add, so feel free to suggest anything.
Old April 18th, 2010, 10:12 AM
The Gambling Gallade
Bored.

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoVara View Post
This is my story line idea for my Pokemon Fire Red Hack

Pokemon Umbra(If name isn't already taken)

Your character is playing through the Kanto region while going through the trials to get his friends back from the "Evil Organization" of the game and defeating the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 who are under their control.
Hm... sounds slightly like the cliche Pokemon game (Minus the control part). But, if you just overlook the control, it is simply the same thing that a normal Pokemon game is.

Perhaps if you take out the Gyms and E4, and have other things under control by the team (Perhaps important areas in the Pokemon world), then you could get a more original hack
Old April 19th, 2010, 08:44 PM
hwayunhae
Lurker at Large

Nature: Quiet
I had a (probably stupid) idea for a pokemon hack that I've never seen done before. (possibly because it is a perversion of all that we hold dear >3)

Unfortunately, I have NO experience with rom hacking at all, just a really really persistent story idea making me want to jot it down. *twitches* Warning: Crossover ahead.

Anyway, this would probably have to be a FR/LG hack unless someone's figured out how to hack HG/SS (and can teach me how).

You play as either Denzel or Marlene from the FFAC movie (yeah, it's kind of a pokemon/final fantasy/dissidia crossover idea...kind of), and instead of starting in your "hometown", you're out visiting another town at the beginning of the game. Cloud, your town's gym leader, was supposed to come and pick you and your best friend (the gender you didn't choose) up last week, but he hasn't shown up yet, so you decide to go looking for him on your own. The elders in town are all worried because they're having trouble getting ahold of the people in Edge, and they think you're too young to go alone into the wilderness, so the town breeder lets you each choose an animal companion to accompany you on your trip.

On your way to try and get home, you encounter a researcher (Hojo? Just kidding) who tells you that strange things are happening in the world, and animals from many different places are showing up where they shouldn't be. He then asks you to keep track of which creatures you encounter on your trip, and send him the data every once in awhile, since you're heading out of the area anyway. (Insert National Dex here?)

As you try and make your way back to your actual hometown (Edge), you end up travelling through cities from all over the Final Fantasy series, starting with the first game.

Ideas for cities:
Melmond (small town from Final Fantasy I. No Gym)
Altair (Rebel town from Final Fantasy II. Gym Leader: Firion)
and so on. Gym Leaders would be Main Characters from the final fantasy games.

Eventually, you end up on a quest (in the same way you "kind of find yourself on a massive world-saving quest" in FF) to figure out why the world is going out of whack (what with pokemon everywhere and communications not working half the time...not to mention all those people from the wrong game showing up out of nowhere), and what you can do to stop it....if you can stop it. Is it some diabolical plot by Square-Enix's developers? Has the entire world been caught up on one of Snorlax's Pizza-dreams? Or is it something even worse?

Anyway, yeah, that would be my idea. >.> Now if only I knew how to sprite...code...map....script....and oh, yeah....hack. >.<

*runs off to find a tutorial*

(note: even though my join date says 2007, I'm not a hacker, I just lurk and play the hacks I see that are interesting.....so....really, no experience. at all. *goes back to looking for those tutorials*)

Last edited by hwayunhae; April 19th, 2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM
eddyman
Beginning Trainer

Ok so this is a quick storyline ive been thinking off since i decided to hack a rom.

You come from a small fishing village in the region of (idk yet). Your Dad made this small town finished by being able to catch a Kyorgre with his super rod and the town iolizes him and has built a statue for him. You have just turned 13 and, due to tradition, you have to start fishing is the lake next to your village. The problem is you wake up late and your Older Twin brother, who is also your rival, Has left without you and took your dads Super Rod. SInce your ad finds him a better fisher he doesnt mind. Your mother on the other side gives your an Old Broke Rode and 1 pokeball. You travel to the lake and start finish and you get a blue magikarp on the line (which evolves into a red gyarados). This blue magikarp is your starter and the Towns prof. sees you catch it and calls you into his lab. where he gives you a pokedex. Arrived at home your dad is congratulating your brother for having caught a squirtle. You show your dad your blue magickarp and he just says "SHould have thought you would have caught one". After your brother decided to beat the Gyms and E4 of your region and your dad says this is a good idea. You to leave to prove to your dad your better them your brother.

The Blue Magikarp is special and will get attacks that allow you to lv it up.
This is a new region so new maps and gyms.
After beating all the gyms and the E4 + your brother (the champion) you go home and face your dad who your brother was not able to beat
Other Rivals will be added

What i really need is guidance as i could use some help on rom hacking as ive just start today
Old April 26th, 2010, 06:03 PM
TheChroniclesofLance
Beginning Trainer

You are a young dragon trainer in the Kanto region. In Hoenn a brave hero fights off Team Magma and Aqua. Unfortunately he is too late and Kyogre and Groudon are released for a short while. This has caused devestating effects to the Hoenn region. Saffron City has become a group of small islands. Cinnabar Island has greatly increased in size. Many areas of land are now seperated from each other. Although you can do nothing about the Hoenn situation you still must journey across this broken continent, battling trainers and gym leaders. Eventually you will reach Indigo Island where the Elite Four reside after the catastrophe. Pick your starter pokemon from three ferocious dragons, Bagon, Dratini, and Charmander and head out into the broken peices of the Kanto region.
Old April 27th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Team Rocket's Raichu
Bye-Bye!

I was thinking of an idea of a hack. It's not really much of a change, but you play through Hoenn (Emerald ROM) and battle Team Rocket and Neo Team Rocket instead of Magma and Aqua. Possibly Kanto and Johto Pokemon instead of Hoenn Pokemon.

I'm a supermod of that forum.

I've left, bye PC.
Old April 27th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Cyberglass
the stuff Porygon are made of

Here's a game hack idea I've been working on:

Game Plot for Pokémon Summer Orange and Winter Violet

You start off in Shorthill town, a small town at the southwestern end of Honsho, the country north of Kanto, south of Sinnoh. One day, your friend and rival notices that the gate to Shorthill Cave, an unexplored cavern in the forest behind the Pokémon lab, has been accidentally left open. He convinces you to explore the cave with him, but as you approach the entrance, you are noticed and stopped by Professor Juniper. She tells you (who said professors had to be old men?) that she cannot let you inside because a powerful and dangerous Pokémon lives within. However, she might let you help her research it if you can prove to be strong enough trainers to control it. She brings you back inside, and offers you a choice of Pokémon to train, saying that if you beat the gym circuit in Honsho she will consider you strong enough. Her friend Professor Oak (that guy sure gets around) is there too, and upon hearing you will be traveling around Honsho asks you to take his newest Pokédex and test it out by collecting data on Honsho’s native Pokémon. And so your adventure begins!

Shortly after your second gym battle, you arrive at the desert area in the center of Honsho. Here, an excavation of an ancient ruin has been taken over by Team Meteor, who is looking for information on the legends of Honsho. After you send them packing, the scientists there recover an ancient tablet with strange writing on it, which they will begin to translate.

A few towns over, Team Meteor has taken over the offices of Virtua, a gaming company, and is wreaking havoc by letting virtual Pokémon escape from cyberspace (imagine a flock of angry Porygon). You must go into the virtual reality chamber to stop them, and deep inside you find out that they are trying to bring virtual forms of two legendary Pokémon to the real world. You stop them, of course.

Later, after a grueling climb through Mt. Equinox, you arrive at the peaceful village of Winterbloom where you finally learn about the legendary Pokémon themselves. Deep under the mountain, Aestar guardian of summer and Hiempt guardian of winter engage in a yearly battle that results in the changing of the seasons. Soon they will emerge to fight for the beginning of Winter/Summer, and Team Meteor plans to steal the orb where Hiempt/Aestar stores its power. They hope to gain control over the weather so they can threaten whole cities with natural disasters unless they agree to Team Meteor’s demands for power. However, the upset in balance between Aestar and Hiempt could destroy the world…

If I can manage it, it would be nice to have two compatible versions, with the differences in wild pokemon based on the season, rather than arbitrarily like in the Nintendo games. The appearances of the routes would of course also change depending on the season.

Now I need to learn how to hack...
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:08 PM
TheChroniclesofLance
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix_slayer View Post
here is the basic rundown one that i wrote
Luke (or desired player name) wakes up one day to see that it is time to get his pokemon in a city called PALLET TOWN! Aware and proud that the most strongest trainer in the whole world, Ash Ketchum, also grew up in his town, he was super psyched. However, things have changed. For better or for worse. For example, when he stepped out of his house, the first thing he saw was... WATER. It all happened when he was 8 yrs. old...
At the age of 8, lukey (what his parents called him) woke up one day, after having a dream of playing with his favorite pokemon, umbreon. When he was finished dressing, he went downstairs. As he came, a neighbour came running in shouting, "Guys, watch the t.v.! something is happening so watch!" After the neighbour ran out, the parents dropped what they were doing and turned on the t.v. Luke (or player name) runs to joing the parents. This is what he saw.
"A news reporter is on t.v. 'hello, welcome to daily news. we have something to show you in Sootopolis City, Gresham?' (screen switches) 'As you can see here, there is an extremely heavy downpour. LOOK! A kid, approaching the legendary pokemon! He is locally known as brendan! What?? he can't stop them! Rayquaza is going ballistic!' the newsreporter continues, 'What is team aqua archie doing? a tm? he's puttin it on kyogre, oh no! The tm is ice beam! he is whispering something!' (pauses) 'no! whats! ... can't be... Kyogre is leaping in the air, using ice beam! Move Rayq... No IT can't! it... Direct hit, rayquaza is falling.' Kyogre faces reporter and bellows! 'NOOO!!! No, run, i...(static)..."
After seeing this, luke (again player name) runs up to his room, leaving his shocked parents in the family room. He looks out of his window, and sees dark clouds gathering! he reckognizes this from school, columbus clouds. he plops on his bed, while hearing terryfieng thunder and rain and hail start to pour. to this kid, this is an adventure. "Just 2 more years", he whispers. Just 2 more years.
[story begins] Luke (again) remembering this, on his walk to oaks lab, gets Gary running into him. He says,"Jeez, i finally found you! something has happened!" You ask what, and gary replies, "Ash is gone! he went to the sinnoh region, and discovered something horrific, and the real truth behind kyogre's cataclism 2 years ago! He needs you!" Gary runs off, never to be seen again (till later of course). you go to oaks lab, and he is in there pacing along. He notices's you and says, Luke (sigh) i need a favor of you. instead of your pokemon dream, you need to do something else. sorry, but it is of utmost importance." Oak continues, "Ash and gary have discovered these holes around the kanto region, and they are spreading. word comes out that ash went into one, and never came out! you have to go inspect and find out about these holes. Here, for your protection, i will give you a pokemon. They are so rare, it is fair to say that they are one of the last of their kind, due to these terrible times." Suprised, you ask, "well how do i stop the cataclysms, and find out and do whatever is necessary about these holes?" Oak gravely replies, "I don't know son, I don't know..."

so basically, luke, who is another person starts his adventure after pokemon emerald's scene, except with the variation that team aqua won. and then floods started impacting every region. (meaning if i create this game, all regions are in). and you have to stop it AND become a pokemon master.

p.s. should i call this game pokemon death blue or pokemon flux?
Great idea!
I had a similar one called Pokemon: Shards of Darkness(because I break up Kanto into different areas due to natural catastrophe) a hack of FR, but since my hacking skills aren't quite advanced, all I could do is mess around with the map and stuff. My character can't really do anything about the situation, and still has to do what you normally do in the games.
Old May 1st, 2010, 09:41 AM
The Who?
What is THIS doing in my hat?!

MAH NEW IDEA!

5 years after brendan/may ended team magma/aqua, team rocket knew that they had an open chance. You are brendan/may and you are attempting to stop team rocket.

Anyone like my idea? Click reply!

OWNT.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:32 PM
The Original Darkwiz787
Stuck with text below my name.

It's a lonely day in the quiet down of Young Bud, as it always is when you're the youngest and only one who can't legally train a Pokemon. You hop in your bed to rest, because everyone knows time flies when you sleep. You could cut this last year in half! Only half a year 'til you're a PkMn Trainer! Alright!

*The Earth starts to shake*

You run downstairs to see what's the matter. Three thugs in silly red costumes are searching your house frantically for something They run outside and into the Pokemon lab. You follow them, to find the Professor lying on the floor, almost unconscious. He mutters something... "Briefcase... Pokemon... Fight..." Your run to a briefcase and grab a Pokemon of your choice (The three starters!) You confront the most important looking one of the men in the red Uniforms(There's 3 in all). He tells you it's too late, he's already got all the Rare items from here. He walks over to the briefcase and takes it. He tells one of the rookies to follow him, and the other to deal with you.

You fight the man in red, and beat him (hopefully, he has a really weak Poocheyena), and he runs off too. When you get outside, you see a Groudon terrorizing the city. destroying everything!

*a year later*

Over the past year you have heard many reports similar to that, only the men sometimes wore blue and had a Kyogre rather than a Groudon.. Your are now legally aloud to train Pokemon, so you venture off into the Region, hoping to become strong enough to end these terrorist attacks. You do you're research and apparently Pokemon Gyms are a good way to train. You decide that's what you'll do; travel the region hoping to learn skills to end the Kyogre/Groudon attacks.
!!! Wait! You haven't gotten your license yet! You run to the Pokemon Lab, where you receive your license and a POKeDEX.

Ya, it's pretty generic. My one goal is to make sure that Pokemon Gyms arent just Cakewalks though. The Gym Leaders will mean business, having teams of 4-6 Pokemon with no "fillers".

I may add some depth to this, like your mother is kidnapped and never seen again so you also try and find her. Who knows.

.:Youtube:Sprites:My Fanfic:My Brawl Card:.

|Tensai's Secret|Adamant Diamond|
I Support Those Hacks
Thanks Ryukun for amazing theme

2% of the population thinks Global Warming is a scam. If you're one of the 98% who actually feel the drastically changing temperature, place this in your sig.

Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:00 PM
TheChroniclesofLance
Beginning Trainer

[Journey to be a Gym Leader]

You are a young trainer that lives in a tiny northern village in Northern Kanto, near the border of Sinjoh, called Cameron Town. You wake up one morning. It is raining heavily. You remember that the crisis in Hoenn is still occurring. Kanto has been changed by the crisis, seperating into three main islands due to the rising sea level. You dash outside into town. They are building a new gym for the town. It will hopefully boost the economy. You dream of one day entering that gym as its gym leader, but to even be considered for the position, you have to beat the Elite four and become Champion.
You rush to the cave connecting Cameron and Pallet town, and emerge in sunny conditions. You look around but cannot find Professor Oak anywhere. Just when you are about to leave town, he emerges and warns you that it is dangerous in Kanto without a pokemon. He then takes you to his lab where he lets you pick one of three pokemon that some of his other protege's are willing to give away. Luckily they are all your favorite type.
His younger grandson is also there as well to get a pokemon. After you both have picked one, he wants to have a pokemon battle with you. Afterwards, you remember that Professor Oak had a parcel from Sinnoh waiting for him in Cameron Town Pokemart, and go get it.
You go through the rest of the cities in normal order, touring Viridia Island, Cerulea Island, Fuschia Island, and Seinna Island collecting the gym badges. Finally you can challenge the Elite Four. Awaiting at the end of the journey is the chance to become the gym leader for your hometown gym.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
dragonite trainer
Retro Gamer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Who? View Post
MAH NEW IDEA!

5 years after brendan/may ended team magma/aqua, team rocket knew that they had an open chance. You are brendan/may and you are attempting to stop team rocket.

Anyone like my idea? Click reply!
I already had that idea. if you want to fight with me over it, first check out my thread, which was posted before you posted here.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=215946

Hacks I support:

Why were spoilers banned from sigs? they weren't hurting anyone.
I have worked on team rocket version a bit, but i made it so unstable that I will have to restart from scratch - hopefully I am now competent enough to do it right. (2014-01-25)
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:33 PM
The Original Darkwiz787
Stuck with text below my name.

I'm pursuing my latest storyline:

(This is during the same as the events of G/S/C)

November 1996
There I was with my Father on Route 22. We had a huge argument about Team Rocket. It was one of the biggest fights of my life! Eventually he took off. Oh well, he's a damned man anyways.
As I walked away, a boy wearing bright yellow and black clothes bumped into me. He gave me a dirty look.

November 1999
It's been 3 years and I still haven't seen my Dad. Oh well, who needs him. I travelled to Johto to escape the wretched area where I lost my Father the the clutches of Evil.

I'm staring through the Window of Elm Labs as I'm writing this...
A guy wearing Gold clothes approached me. I told him what I was doing was none of his business (I like to keep my Journal personal...).

Proffesor Elm, his assistant and the boy I shall call "Gold" left. I hear a loud crash inside, and a Pokemon runs happily outside. It sees me and attempts to start playing with me.I see the Pokeball it was in is broken! I run to find Professor Elm to return the Pokemon. I bump into Gold again on the way, and I'm accused of stealing to Pokemon! What an ungrateful jerk, I loose the desire to return the Pokemon...

Incase your wondering, the story is basically Pokemon GSC from Silvers perspective. It's trying to say that Silver isn't the Character he's portrayed as, but rather that it's just from Gold's view that he's some mean power craving jerk.

.:Youtube:Sprites:My Fanfic:My Brawl Card:.

|Tensai's Secret|Adamant Diamond|
I Support Those Hacks
Thanks Ryukun for amazing theme

2% of the population thinks Global Warming is a scam. If you're one of the 98% who actually feel the drastically changing temperature, place this in your sig.

Old May 4th, 2010, 11:03 AM
PeregrineFig
Starting Pokémon Obsidian

Nature: Hardy
While sitting in history class studying WWII, an idea popped into my head. I'd take it for myself, but I don't want to scrap my hack, as it's coming along pretty well.

It would be interesting to make a Pokemon hack based on war. The main character is a soldier for their army, almost all of the enemy trainers are soldiers and leaders of the enemy army/government, and instead of badges you have medals of honor (you could give them all different names and appearances, ie Iron Cross, Purple Heart, etc) and instead of leaders/the pokemon league, you face enemy generals and eventually the dictator of the enemy government. There are only a few towns, and instead you visit many military camps, complete with a medic's tent and supply station. It'd be incredibly easy to take this base and weave it into an intricate story of politics, full of betrayals and the like.

Old May 6th, 2010, 08:29 PM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
hmm... it seems not that many ideas are having much discussion, but ill give an idea.

my idea is to make a story revolving around the Team Rocket Agent Domino, giving a backstory to why she joined the rockets, and having regrets, love, family, etc to worry about while also being one of the organizations' elite spies. anyone up for this idea?

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Aureol
Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Modest
I dunno if this has been suggested or not, but here's my idea. I'll probably regret giving out my idea later, but realistically it's unlikely I'll ever hack.

Pokemon TrueBlue

Basically, this whole hack revolves around Trainers Red and Blue switching roles: you now play as Blue, and Red becomes your rival, which would then mean that you could for once have the advantage with the starter. I thought that this hack would make Blue a lot more noble (even if he's still just as arrogant) than we give him credit for. On the other hand, Red is somewhat quiet, but in an "I'm-better-than-you" way, only sharing snide remarks. Why are there only 5 or so Rocket Grunts in Mt. Moon? Because Blue, who came before, cleared it out already! When Blue came through, it was a full-fledged Rocket mining operation, and he managed to remove most of them.

Although, it wouldn't make sense for Blue to ever defeat Giovanni, because if he did, Red wouldn't need to ever be involved. So an alternate, high-end Rocket would be needed to intervene: I was thinking Silver (who would be 7 in this storyline?), a rambunctious little brat who can't stand the patheticness of Team Rocket for being thwarted by kids only a little older than he is. Being too young, he gets most of his Pokemon from daddy. He could even have Johto Pokemon, maybe.

The way Blue goes throughout Kanto could also be rearranged: he could probably get the Silph Scope from the Rocket on Nugget Bridge, then be required to go through Lavender Tower before Celadon and whatnot. Then, when it comes to the Pokemon League, you (hopefully) defeat Red, but Prof. Oak, being the senile old man he is, signs up Red into the "Hall of Fame," while the REAL Pokemon League Coordinator comes to register you into the proper Hall of Fame.

Afterwards, you then become the Gym Leader, unlocking several high-end trainers to fight anytime for your pleasure, including trainers Gold and Silver (back for a rematch!).

Probably not very original, but that's something I wish I could do, and maybe someone else could use it for better purposes.
I believe in God, I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am a "Mormon" (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). If you ever want to learn about Mormonism, feel free to PM me or go to the official website (mormon.org).
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here