The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
The two on the bottom right (don't have a clue what they are) look amateurish and don't really seem to fit with the style of the other sprites. The others look pretty decent though.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old March 7th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Piplup-Trainer
This is my custom user title.

Location: Europe. Many people haven`t heard about the country in which I live.
Wow, there are some big sprites like Gyarados, Crobat and Golem xD
But honestly, many of them look nice and they`re sharp
I also like the concept artworks and the map design.
Once when the game is finished, I might download and play it.
Keep up that good work!

Short summary :

2007 : ROM Hacking - asking some questions regarding Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
2008 : Trading - mostly to complePokemon keDex in Pokemon Diamond until 2009
2009 : Battling - battles without ev'd Pokemon until 2009, competitive battles until 2010
2010 : Chatting - talking to pc friends, but more often on ut more often on MSN), having a good time
2011 : Less activity - it dropped more because of Windows Live Messenger and Facebook
Old March 7th, 2010, 04:26 PM
tseetsens
Beginning Trainer

normally i don't like fakemons, but i love yours
Old April 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Zarthga
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Sassy
So.... when will this be out, roughly?
Old April 8th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Savant

When it's done.
Now please stop breaking the rules.
Old April 9th, 2010, 04:54 AM
jim42

i'm not sure if it's because the file was JPEG'd, but some of the pokemon sprites look...wierd. I'm not sure how but they just seem right to me...I can't place my finger on it. What i can tell however is that Roserade and Hoothoot are too pale. For the most part however that designs themselves are good, so keep up the good work and i hope to see a demo sometime soon. Don't lose that motivation!
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
Acanthite is progressing well under a team of four area managers who have accelerated progress beyond belief - as they can issue tasks effectively and enforce them when I'm busy

We have all maps and relevant tiles done except the second gym, most events sorted, most of the sprites and backsprites, and movepools and stats. In fact, in terms of playability it's very close. We're in the process of making Cries for the Pokémon and a few sprites for the human characters and the few missing Pokémon. The battle screen needs recoding for the larger screen size though, as do some of the menus... I'm lacking a dedicated coder so it's taking me time as I'm pretty average in that area. But I really mean it when I say that we're close, and it's thanks to the four managers.
Old April 10th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Wow great to hear. I was totally unaware of acanthite's progress, but now I know.
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

I'm mostly amazed not by the awesome Fakemon or the beautiful screenshots, but by the fact that this game, despite being started four years ago, is still in stable development. I tip my hat to Fangking and the remaining Acanthite team for remaining so dedicated .
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Stable is kind... it's been a bit flaky at times We started off as one thing (a GSC remake from the rival's perspective), became something else (this new game - a prequel to GSC from the rival's perspective!) and rebooted that so we had a better Pokédex and graphics and engine! So constant backtracking hasn't helped but we're happy with the direction now and we're actually getting there We wouldn't have bothered if the support hadn't been great.
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Lmayonaise
constant pain in the ..

Nature: Naughty
We definetly have gone through a bit, and after my rather long hiatus I'm back and helping my beloved Fangking assist in leading the team.

So you hear it from not just one person, but another person too. Progress has never looked THIS GOOD before. A demo is definetly on the cards VERY VERY VERRRRY SOON! :)
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

Erm, with respect Lmayonaise, if I got a penny for every time we were told "a demo is coming soon" over the past few years, I'd be a very rich man by now
Old April 13th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Nah you're right, but we're actually gonna get it out and soon No more excuses or delays The management structure is working wonders at organising the team and getting stuff done.
Old April 13th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
What a joy to hear that everything is going great now.

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Yes, I know we've all heard that song-and-dance before, but the fact that this has been standing strong for FOUR FRIGGIN YEARS ought to say something about this project. Many fangames don't even make it past ONE YEAR.

This is the project that got me interested in fangaming in the first place, so it'll be good to FINALLY play it.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:45 AM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I can say without a doubt that this is simply but another promise that won't be kept. I can't count the number of times a demo has been said to be "on the way." It's not going to come out, and quite frankly, I don't care.
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:59 AM
EJames2100
Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter

Send a message via AIM to EJames2100 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EJames2100 Send a message via Skype™ to EJames2100
Then why bother posting ?

It's not like he/they've set a date so there's no reason to be disappointed when it doesn't get released on "Certain Date".

Anychance of some new images or stuff ? :D
We all love the pics.
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

This was the first fangame I'd ever seen. Before seeing this, I didn't know they existed. So I can't wait for the demo!

Demo Beta out Now!

Old April 15th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Andrew McKenzie
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I can say without a doubt that this is simply but another promise that won't be kept. I can't count the number of times a demo has been said to be "on the way." It's not going to come out, and quite frankly, I don't care.
Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I can say without a doubt that you're being really insensitive and negative towards this project.
Pokemon Grey has a demo that was released in 2009, but it's not a completed game yet.
You don't see people going around necromancing and spamming your thread about false promises about finishing your game or getting an updated demo?
So why don't you stop spamming threads.
Clearly, you have nothing useful to add to this thread.

I've been following Acanthite since its conception.
I'm going to be patient and wait for a demo.
And once upon a time, it did have a demo.
But that demo is now out of date since this game is being revamped.

And the effort and dedication they're putting in is great.
If a game takes long to make and a demo isn't released when promised, I can take it, because I prefer quality over quantity.
I'd rather wait on the whole game than a load of demos.
Old April 15th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Savant

The point he was making is that there's been a demo promised a few times in the past which didn't happen thus the reason for his skepticism.
Old April 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Lmayonaise
constant pain in the ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Downer
Well Debbie, in the past there hasn't been a strong organised management structure, and that has changed. I'm part of the management team over at Acanthite and have delegated tasks to active team members and the turn around of quality work and the pace it's being completed in is outstanding.

I do understand where you're coming from Debbie, but things are different this time. You actually have no idea how close we are from releasing a demo.
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmayonaise View Post
Well Debbie, in the past there hasn't been a strong organised management structure, and that has changed. I'm part of the management team over at Acanthite and have delegated tasks to active team members and the turn around of quality work and the pace it's being completed in is outstanding.

I do understand where you're coming from Debbie, but things are different this time. You actually have no idea how close we are from releasing a demo.
I think perhaps in this scenario it would be more appropriate to show this progress with screenshots etc., rather than using words. I do not blame him at all for being skeptical; while I do have faith in the Acanthite development team, we have been told dozens of times "it's really close", "it's different this time" and so on.

If a demo is as close as you say, then surely you could show us some progress beyond artwork and maps.
Old April 16th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Lmayonaise
constant pain in the ..

You've been shown enough as it is to be hoennest.

The boss and I have discussed about releasing anymore information on development and we have decided we're going to keep it tight to the chest for a while.

You gotta take our word this time, if you won't then that's your issue not ours. We're doing very well and aiming for the best quality for our demo. You will not be disappointed.
Old April 24th, 2010, 12:07 AM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
As much as I hate to say it, no one has any reason to anticipate a demo any time soon. Over the many years, there have been countless empty promises, regarding this project.
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
As much as I hate to say it, no one has any reason to anticipate a demo any time soon. Over the many years, there have been countless empty promises, regarding this project.
Don't view or post on this project's thread, then, if you're that averse to it

We're aware of past failure, hindered further by having used three different engines and the changes forcing restarts, which is why the structures are now in place to generate productivity. Get over yourself.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here