• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Uraniumlogo_zps24f69ffe.png
Developed by ~JV~ in RMXP

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to Pokémon Uranium official thread!

Hello, I'm ~JV~ and I'd like to tell a little about the game's history beforehand. Pokémon Uranium was first started back in 2008, where I posted a thread in the Progressing Games board. The game went through a lot of changes after all those years, 4 to 5 threads, 5 released demos, many people joining and leaving our team and after all the game is finally near completion! I and Involuntary-Twitch are doing our best to give everyone the best fangame possible, it's made with love! I hope you all liked playing our demos and are as excited as us for the final release!

,~JV~

THE TANDOR REGION

67v4nr.png

Pokemon Uranium takes place in the tropical Tandor region, home to over a hundred new and unique species of Pokemon. The Tandor region is known for its gym challenge: to qualify, trainers must collect 8 gym badges from around the region in order to compete in the prestigous Tandor Regional Tournament. Trainers that win the Tournament get a huge monetary prize as well as world wide renown.

The region of Tandor is split in two: West Tandor, the continental part of Tandor, home of 5 of the gyms in the game and also it's there where the Regional Championship takes place.
The other half is East Tandor, an archipelago containing some medium sized islands and a bunch of small ones, it's where the other 3 gyms are.

The main feature of Tandor though is it's pokémon! They are unique all across the world being most of the species endemic to the region! You can learn about the entire region and it's pokémon by visiting our Wikia!
2z5ku13.png

A NEW JOURNEY STARTS

You, a 13-year-old kid from Moki Town, did not set out to become a Pokemon Master. After your mother Lucille died ten years ago in an accident at a nuclear power plant, your father Kellyn , an experienced Pokemon Ranger in the Tandor Ranger Union, left you with your elderly aunt and departed to travel the region. But now that you are grown up, your aunt can no longer support you. Out of a home, you did what most kids your age do and took up Pokémon training as a means to make a living.

Professor Bamb'o, regional expert on Pokémon elements, has been looking for a trainer assistant to travel the region and gather specimens of the varied wildlife. You step up to the challenge, along with your rival, a younger boy named Theo. After taking a test and receiving your starter Pokémon, you head towards your first gym badge in Nowtoch city, and your first steps exploring the Tandor region.

Things aren't as sunny as they first seem, though. Just when the accident ten years ago started to be forgotten, new mysteries emerge. A new power plant is built over the site of the old one. Your father begins acting strangely, journeying to the far reaches of the region and questioning whether your mother really is dead. Sinister Pokemon, corrupted by nuclear radiation, threaten innocent people. Amidst all the turmoil, it seems that a great impending disaster is looming over Tandor... It seems you may be in for more than you expected.

FEATURES

A lush, vast region to explore - Explore Tandor, find secrets, talk to interesting and sometimes silly characters.

Discover new pokémon - Experiment once again the joy that is learning about new pokémon, learning their stats, movesets, abilities, evolutions etc. It's a whole new generation!

Nuzlocke Mode - Give your shot at Uranium's nuzlocke mode! Customize your adventure by adding many custom rules to this already challenging mode. It's the most complete nuzlocke system of any fangame, I promise.

Mystery Gifts - The novelties won't end when the game gets released! Have fun downloading special pokémon selected by us developpers and also expect items that will reveal parts and stories of Tandor never seen before!

Global Trading System - Yes! There is a GTS on this fangame! It's real, a feature never seen before on a game of this magnitude and as concrete as Uranium. IT'S WORKING!

Wonder Trade - The GTS wasn't enough? Well, what about Wonder Trade, one of the new features on the 6th gen? EXCLUSIVE to Uranium, I promise we are the only ones with this system as of now!

Virtual Trainers - More online functionality! Upload your trainer so others can battle your AI controlled virtual trainer online! There are global rankings, ranked/random battles and also if you want, you can search and battle your friends, on a friendly match.

*online features not available on the demos

SCREENSHOTS

2m76ady.png

TANDOR REGION STARTERS

280urer.png

As with almost all Pokémon games, Pokémon Uranium gives the player a choice of one of three Starter Pokémon at the beginning. They are given to the player by Professor Bamb'o after the player takes a Pokemon Trainer Test. The available starter Pokémon are Orchynx (grass/steel), Raptorch (fire/ground), and Eletux (water/electric).

The starters in Uranium are different from the starters in the main Pokémon game series in that they each evolve only once, in their late 20s, and they all get a Mega Evolution later on in the game. Additionally, each has 2 types rather than one, allowing for more strategy. The reason they are like this is to make the game challenging and different.

SOCIAL MEDIA

Want to know more about Pokémon Uranium? Want to interact with the developpers and our fans? Check these out!
Main Forums: The page with the most support from us, if you're interested in the game and fangames in general, visit here.

Tumblr page: Our most popular page by far, 80% of our downloads come from this alone!

DeviantArt group: One of our most active pages, perfect if you want to see some eye-candy!

Pokémon Uranium Wikia: The main page for information about the game. Want to know a pokémon stats? A bit more of the lore? Check this.

~JV~'s twitter: I'll post a few things about the game here, mostly as I make them!

DOWNLOAD LINKS

That's what everyone wants right? Most up to date demo is version 3.1.1!
Latest Beta: 4.0 (12/25/14)
7210412.png

Download:
Windows: [Drive] [Mega]
Mac: [Coming soon!]

Beta is approx. 15 hours long and contains 12 towns, 7 badges, 10 sidequests and over 125 fakemon.
Please check the Readme in the download folder if you have issues installing/running the game.

OLDER DEMOS: May contain bugs, outdated graphics, music and dialogue. Play at your own risk.

3.1 (5/26/13)
tumblr_inline_mnf871VZT81qhux05.png

Download:
Windows: [Drive] [Mega]
Mac: [Coming soon!]

Beta is approx. 11 hours long and contains 9 towns, 5 badges, 6 sidequests and over 85 fakemon.
Please check the Readme in the download folder if you have issues installing/running the game.

3.0 (1/19/13)
newscreen7_zpsad6bed26.png

Download: Drive / Mega
Demo is about 10 hours long and contains 9 towns, 5 badges, 4 sidequests, and over 80 Fakemon.

2.1 (2/19/11)
tumblr_meqh4whE3M1qhux05.png

Mediafire: [HQS] / [Regular]

Demo is around 4 hours long and includes 3 badges, 6 towns, 2 (optional) sidequests, and ~50 Pokemon. HQS has higher-quality MP3 music but is a larger filesize. Regular is smaller with MIDI format music.

2.0 (12/31/10)
tumblr_meqhkyQYTb1qhux05.png

[Mediafire]

Contains approximately the same content as 2.1, but with more bugs.

1.0 (5/10/09)
capture007-2.png

[Mediafire]

Fun if you're a masochist. 2 hours long, containing 2 gyms, 4 towns and about 30 fakemon. Buggy, with grammatical errors and R/S/E-style graphics.

TEAM & CREDITS

TEAM

~JV~: Eventing, scripting, mapping, planning... || Involuntary-Twitch: Spriting, writting, planning...

CREDITS

Tiles: Iametrine, Hydrargirium, Kyledove, Alistair, Zetavares, Gigatom, C.N.C, Zelx, WesleyFG, Alucus, Tyranitar-Dark, Gallanty, BoOmxBig, UltimoSpriter, ThatSoWitty, Magiscarf, LotusKing, Spaceemotion, Newtiteuf, ChaoticCherryCake, The-Red-eX, Hek-el-grande
Scripts: Luka S.J., FL., Maruno, HelioAU, Carmaniac, Elyssia, Wichu, Hansiec, CCOA, Venom12
Music: GRonnoc, Pokémon Anime, Dechampster, smilingpig67, EliteFerrex, Salp Fish
Special Thanks: Zorin, Pequedark-Velvet, Riceeman, Heinze, CookieTheRabbit, 4th gen Matt, Mhun2013, Snivy101, The-Godlings-Rapture, Midnitez-Remix, Worldslayer, Saving_Raven

Pokémon Essentials: Flameguru, Poccil and Maruno!
RPG Maker XP: Enterbrain.
Pokémon: Gamefreak, Nintendo.

Last edited:
Years
Alright then, let's wait the new graphical demo then to see the progress nice screenies too, especially one with the rain.

Ps: In the last screen Kinetmunk seems to be screwed? :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Very nice presentation.
I like the Infobox in your opening post too. Looks very good.

As for the game, it surely seems to have improved from the older version. The tiles are very nice and the mapping looks fine. Although some buildings have shadows (pokecenter) and the others don't. I'm sure that will get edited with time.

I do have a slight issue with the text color in the battle system. I think the battle commands text (the Fight, Pokemon and so on) should maybe be white and have the background (the image behind the battle commands) just black/gray. It would look a lot slicker.

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
I don't like the fakemon that much
1. more cartoony
2. in a better pose the one fakemon is looking away from you if it's strong it will be staring at you

loliwin

→ Level 69
Years
Cool thread presentation. :3

The graphics look way better than the old graphics you had and they look amazing. I like the old-medieval colosseum-like building. It looks so nice! :D The other buildings look great.

For the battle screen, I really love the background but I don't like Emprilla's design, kinda cartoony IMO.

But overall, great looking game. Going to download it nao. :D

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
gorgeous thread! I don't think I ever paid much attention to the old one because it felt cluttered and fairly unattractive (I'm shallow, I know XD), but this one drew my attention immediately.

the story sounds interesting, the graphics are amazing....I'm downloading the demo right this second, can't wait to play it :)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Alright then, let's wait the new graphical demo then to see the progress nice screenies too, especially one with the rain.

Ps: In the last screen Kinetmunk seems to be screwed? :D

What do you mean about screwed? I think the persperctive is okay with him =x.

Very nice presentation.
I like the Infobox in your opening post too. Looks very good.

As for the game, it surely seems to have improved from the older version. The tiles are very nice and the mapping looks fine. Although some buildings have shadows (pokecenter) and the others don't. I'm sure that will get edited with time.

I do have a slight issue with the text color in the battle system. I think the battle commands text (the Fight, Pokemon and so on) should maybe be white and have the background (the image behind the battle commands) just black/gray. It would look a lot slicker.

Oh, thanks Neo! I'll sure fix the problem with the buildings (probably by adding shadows to all of them). Also, about the battle boxes, I'll test your suggestion, and if I like it I'll stick with it ;]

Wow! now looks better the game, i going to wait for updates.

Haha, kay ;]

I don't like the fakemon that much
1. more cartoony
2. in a better pose the one fakemon is looking away from you if it's strong it will be staring at you

Well, I've only really showed one of the fakemon (Empirilla), but I quite like him, and isn't pokémon supposed to be cartoony o_0? Also, I don't really get the pose thing.

This format looks decent, cleaner looking.

Thanks ^^.

Yeah! Pokemon Uranium is back looking better then ever! Downloading now!
Looks awesome, I'm downloading it, i will edit this, if i find any bugs !

To you two, if you didn't read, right beside the download link, it's written that it is the not supported October 2009 one, the one with old graphics.

Cool thread presentation. :3

The graphics look way better than the old graphics you had and they look amazing. I like the old-medieval colosseum-like building. It looks so nice! :D The other buildings look great.

For the battle screen, I really love the background but I don't like Emprilla's design, kinda cartoony IMO.

But overall, great looking game. Going to download it nao. :D

Same thing as the other two, thanks a lot for the complimentes, I'm glad you liked it, I still don't know what is wrong with Emperilla... well, I'll let Zephyr anser that, after all she is the main spriter...

gorgeous thread! I don't think I ever paid much attention to the old one because it felt cluttered and fairly unattractive (I'm shallow, I know XD), but this one drew my attention immediately.

the story sounds interesting, the graphics are amazing....I'm downloading the demo right this second, can't wait to play it :)

Haha, I understand you, thanks for the compliments!

Well guys, I'm adding the new starters sprites to the main post and will be adding other things through the day maybe ^^.

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Well, I've only really showed one of the fakemon (Empirilla), but I quite like him, and isn't pokémon supposed to be cartoony o_0? Also, I don't really get the pose thing.

Im saying that he needs to be more cartoony, bubbly, animesque. Also the pose thing the wild pokemon has his back turned to you and isn't even looking at you change the sprite in that way as well

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
yeah, the sprites are better than the old ones, i don't know, now they got a different style...more simmilar with gamefreak ones

awesome work dude =)

Haha, thanks dude.

Im saying that he needs to be more cartoony, bubbly, animesque. Also the pose thing the wild pokemon has his back turned to you and isn't even looking at you change the sprite in that way as well

Well, I don't really think that him can be more cartoony than that without losing his awesomeness... Also, he actually IS looking at the player's pokemon, just take a look at his eye.

So, I updated the thread with the starters new sprites, region map, more complete summary, some of the character sprites and also included our
twitter link! Be sure to check it out!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
i played the demo and thought it was good but this "re-vision" (idk) looks much better the only problem i had was the fakemon looked wierd but now they look much better
p.s keep Baashaun in the game
PS Is the male lead's name supossed to be Victor because i've never heard of anyone named Vitor (no offence)

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
This looks really good, defiantly interesting. If you need anything, let me know.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
IT SEAMS THET YOU STOP ON DEWELOPING THE GAME. YOU DIDNT SHOU AS NATING NEW. IW PLAYD YOUR DEMO 2 OR 3 MOUNT AGO AND THERE IS NOO PROGRES
SORY FOR BED ENGLIS I AM FROM CROATIA

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
i played the demo and thought it was good but this "re-vision" (idk) looks much better the only problem i had was the fakemon looked wierd but now they look much better
p.s keep Baashaun in the game
PS Is the male lead's name supossed to be Victor because i've never heard of anyone named Vitor (no offence)

Yeah, I guess I didn't make it clear that it was the old demo, now I added a big (OLD) tag right next to it. Also, in every latin descendant language and also is many other than than english languages that name exist, and you know, we don't traduct names.

This looks really good, defiantly interesting. If you need anything, let me know.

Thanks mate ;p

IT SEAMS THET YOU STOP ON DEWELOPING THE GAME. YOU DIDNT SHOU AS NATING NEW. IW PLAYD YOUR DEMO 2 OR 3 MOUNT AGO AND THERE IS NOO PROGRES
SORY FOR BED ENGLIS I AM FROM CROATIA

erh, you know, you should be thankful that you could have a played a demo, 99% of the game doesn't have one but that doesn't mean they have no progress, check the game screens etc, I clearly show progress there.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
soory if I afended you but it seams like sory again I low your game and I evovld oll off yuor fakemon and they look great but I wud like too try some beta tester for somethyng ower the demo

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
what type is emprilla? it seems like a ground type but i don't know..

Back