The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 18th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Hey, I think your hack looks great I can't wait for its release! :D

I made you a Support Banner:

Hope you like it,

Old April 18th, 2010, 09:39 AM
evilweevil666
Beginning Trainer

This looks awesome! I've never played one of these before, though, will it be difficult to get the beta to work?
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:46 AM
e7a
Beginning Trainer

Seems great. I really like the design of the map
Old April 18th, 2010, 11:33 PM
humanguy2000
NSMBW hacker

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilweevil666 View Post
This looks awesome! I've never played one of these before, though, will it be difficult to get the beta to work?
No, the patching is easy. Just download a FireRed ROM and the patch when it is available for download and put the "Pokemon - FireRed.GBA" file in the same folder as the patch. Then just rename the .GBA file to the same name as the .ips file that you downloaded. Download "visual boy advance" and open the .GBA file with it. The game should start working.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 02:57 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I know the region is named Xous, I read it on the first post. From what I heard April 22nd is the anniversary for when you began making it, I guess. Also I am gonna wait for the beta.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
humanguy2000
NSMBW hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
I know the region is named Xous, I read it on the first post. From what I heard April 22nd is the anniversary for when you began making it, I guess. Also I am gonna wait for the beta.
If you look at the first post, you should see that the artist who coloured over the reigon map is called Xous.... Here:

Quote:
The Centiq (/sĕn-tēk/) region
And the beta is going to be released on April 22nd. Which is today...
Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
1 year anniversary, which it IS today, != beta release date. I have never actually given a strict date and still do not have one. What I can say is that I've been working on scripts, sprites, etc in my spare time which has been scant lately.
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:33 PM
humanguy2000
NSMBW hacker

So.... No updates for a while? Any new tiles? Have you fixed the titlescreen error?
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Poco Loco
Beginning Trainer

now this is a really interesting looking project
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:08 AM
humanguy2000
NSMBW hacker

I can do major scripts in XSE now.... Nothing new.... I might as well ask you this, but is the mapping 100% done yet? Or is it still 95%? Same goes for title screen. 95 or 100%? Or something below that? How many times have I said this? I'll say it again. Looks good so far! Can't wait for the beta/alpha release!
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Currently I am testing scripts. I expect that not to take too much longer!
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Stonedawg
Umbreon Trainer

Looks like a sweet game! Cant wait to play it when it's Finished!
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:28 AM
humanguy2000
NSMBW hacker

So.... Is there anything I can do for you? (I know what to do about your title screen logo, so I'll send you a PM )
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Finnix
The Dragon Elite

Nature: Naughty
looks amazing Bela can't wait to play it, i love the maps in general, cant wait to see some sprites

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Since last time:

One of the main features of this game immediately prevalent is the ability to choose which region the starters are "imported" from; Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn's starter Pokemon are all possibilities for use in this game--this has been fully implemented and works flawlessly.

It's a lot of fun being a one-man show, y'know? No, it's not. But this is not a blog and you quite frankly do not care to read about my worries!

So what's next for me to work on for this rom hack? The scripts for the next town, Elderoak Town.

The concrete thing that has been done for this place is a "tour guide" script similar to what is in GSC that works flawlessly.

There's more that I've done but I really don't see the point in telling you what I'm doing point by point, which is why this thread isn't updated constantly like some attention w hore would most likely do. Yes, I put a space in "w hore" because this forum has a censor. Oh well. I'll do what I must to explain as I see just!

The only reason I even feel compelled to post is due to that new rule about old threads being deemed so if they're older than a month. Does this mean that a thread will get locked for being an "old thread" in this forum? Sounds pretty ridiculous but whatever.

So in other words, be glad to read this because it's due to me interpreting a forum rule as a draconian attempt to stifle an otherwise limitless flow of ideas--MY ideas.
Old May 31st, 2010, 06:55 AM
mattman324
RUN TO THE HILLS, EVERYONE!

Nature: Naive
I read through the thread. This actually looks like a good hack! I will be downloading the beta when it comes out, don't you worry. (Tips hat to Bela)

Also, don't edit trade evolutions. You can still trade on emulators... I don't know why no one thinks you can.

Completed: Red, Silver, and Emerald. Platinum eventually...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:02 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

The more I looked at changing evolution methods, I decided that I would actually rather keep them the same, for that very reason matt. I WILL be changing the in-game trades, however.
Old May 31st, 2010, 02:26 PM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

Well, since your keeping trade evolutions, the way your changing it must be easier, right? But anyways I really like this game. The story and the graphics are really good. And I also love that map on the front page. How are you coming along with the hack? I can't wait for a beta. Good luck!
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Old June 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM
Dechrissen
Newbie ROM Hacker

Nature: Calm
Wow.. this looks amazing. I am so jealous. I'm working on a hack right now but all it really is is Leaf Green with some extra twists... Rose Version makes mine look like garbage xD It looks excellent. I can't wait to play it
Old June 1st, 2010, 04:26 PM
chimchar8
Oshawott RULEZ!!! :D

Nature: Brave
Pokemon rose version is the best hack my eyes have seen i cant wait for the beta!!! i just have two question's Where are you going to put the legendary pokemon? and what is team rocket after?
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:16 PM
n0rul3s
Exploring Unova....

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to n0rul3s Send a message via Skype™ to n0rul3s
Cool story don`t stop making it
Old June 5th, 2010, 09:10 AM
chimchar8
Oshawott RULEZ!!! :D

Nature: Brave
I was wondering cant you just make a new stone for those who evolve in trades?? just call it the trade stone or something?? Last time i check you can make your own items since this is your hack.
Old June 6th, 2010, 01:24 PM
mattman324
RUN TO THE HILLS, EVERYONE!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchar8 View Post
I was wondering cant you just make a new stone for those who evolve in trades?? just call it the trade stone or something?? Last time i check you can make your own items since this is your hack.
Or you could keep them as is and make people trade them. Your choice.

Spoiler:
I'd go with my option, as it would help people realise that yes, you CAN trade on emulators.

Completed: Red, Silver, and Emerald. Platinum eventually...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old June 6th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Wesley FG

I taste very of the map drawn in the presentation of the game, the form as the cities am distribuidas I am very good, but its mapping " in gaming" not very standardized taste very therefore this very "square" but in general taste very of this hack, its history and perspectives.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links