The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 18th, 2010, 12:14 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Uhh it was a rhetorical question. I'd already have quite a bit of work either way but I did solve some issues with the screensize, such as I made methods to shift the window to center it on one's computer automatically (otherwise part of the screen would be below your bar thing on the bottom of the computer screen).

3DS FC: 5241 1923 6787

- Public Resources -

Better Encryption for RMXP/RMVX
Old April 18th, 2010, 05:41 AM
The Barber of Seville
Self-proclaimed Genius!

Nature: Calm
awesome dual screen style, the stylus gave a little bit more of...style lol

can't wait to play it

ps: ow! Earthquake as a HM, awesome idea =D

"And so, my friend, let my welcome hear you now. I greet you with a bow. So entertain I must. My pleasure from within, the Pokébattle treasure chest of lust and mortal sin! I'll take you to a place you'd like to visit least of all, where great-great aunts and uncles died and worms and spiders crawl. The graveyard is a peaceful place where people tread about, but late at night the tenants leave their rooms to sing and shout. So take heed, brother, the full moon grows! And may the good Arceus save your soul!"
The Barber of Seville Before-Battle Sonnet

Spoiler:

Old April 19th, 2010, 06:15 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Well I've been up to a little something lately, and it's resizing the screen (so it's smaller, like some requested). If these new dimensions are liked I will continue, but if they're not, it's a big waste of time: (Ohh, and also a little look at the titlescreen)

The lugia is just there because it was easier to quickly assemble than a Giratina; Lugia will not appear on the actual titlescreen. Also a big thanks to <~F.M.P~> who provided the logo!

- Public Resources -

Old April 20th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Hmm it is funny how your new system looks exactly like this. Now my impression is that you are using PSP DS and trying to sell it off as your own work (as you tried with other things before). I don't really want to be agressive here now, but if you are using the kit, at least be decent enough to give credits to the people who created it. And if you are using it, why would you use a French starter? Sorry if the case is otherwise and I just mindlessly bashed you.

Anyways...on to the topic. I think that most of us here would agree, that the resolution you presented now is much better. I think it looks cleaner, smoother and more usable. So I say go for that.
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:55 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

@> Luka SJ:

By saying "I've been working on" I simply meant been modifying. Since I wasn't sure if this new screensize was going to work, I didn't know if I should give credits to them just yet. (Although I knew I'd use the logo for sure, so I credited FMP) And I actually incorperated it into Pkmn Essentials, so no, it's technically not using a whole new kit. (But yes if I end up using the screensize then I'll credit them) But I do have to give you an FYI, this is not only a French starter kit, they have localizations including english, although I'm still using Pokemon Essentials.

- Public Resources -

Old April 20th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Yeah, that resolution looks better, especially if you're going to be using ripped DS graphics :)
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollosalPokemon View Post
@> Luka SJ:

By saying "I've been working on" I simply meant been modifying. Since I wasn't sure if this new screensize was going to work, I didn't know if I should give credits to them just yet. (Although I knew I'd use the logo for sure, so I credited FMP) And I actually incorperated it into Pkmn Essentials, so no, it's technically not using a whole new kit. (But yes if I end up using the screensize then I'll credit them) But I do have to give you an FYI, this is not only a French starter kit, they have localizations including english, although I'm still using Pokemon Essentials.
English...I didn't know that. Haha...I'd recommend using it then. I give all my hands up to Poccil and I really think his starter kit is awsome (since I'm using it), but I've also tried the French one, and I was amazed. All they have done. There is virtually no lag for anything. Transitions are smoother and it is perfectly executed. To say the least, I kinda prefer it over Essentials, so if there is an English version, go for it Anyways, anything is good as long as you develop the game...right, and I'm sure the new resolution will make your life, as well as the players life better.
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:41 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

@> Luka S.J. :

Yeah, I actually picked up a bit of french through a translator (and memorized some words btw) but apparently PSP DS doesn't have the translator just yet...I've seen PSP Beta 0.7 have it though. You gotta admit though that getting PSP's scripts to work in Pokemon Essentials isn't exactly easy. I mean they have a very different structure for finding information about Pokemon data, item data, etc... Even the titlescreen needed some edits, and it's mostly just pictures.

Also as a note to others, who may find this screen size thing a bit confusing: I am still using my Dual Screen scripts, but the screen size may be set to a different size.

- Public Resources -

Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:10 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Okay, so continuing with the thought of changing the screen size, I present the titlescreen/intro of Origin (Just pics for now, video later) :

Let's start with the intro: (Not much changed from Platinum, but it is fully working)

As you can see, I've made a snowstorm around "POKEMON" just like in Pt's intro :D The reason I am showing two of those picture is to show it's a fully working sequence and not just a single picture. The other is just copyrights and stuff, it occurs in all Pokemon games...

Even though the intro isn't that original, I've developed an (almost) completely original titlescreen. No other Pkmn game has it, but the graphics are Nintendo's minus the logo by FMP:

The basic idea here is that every 10 seconds the titlescreen shifts to a different Pokemon of either Regigigas, Giratina, Heatran, or Arceus (In that order). When you touch the screen (or for those of you who like buttons more than the mouse, the Enter button) it plays a cry according to the Pokemon on the screen. The reason why there's a "demo" included in the name, for those who are wondering, is because I'm showing "demo"nstrations to you; This game won't have an official demo for a while, if that.

Thank you all for reading and hopefully commenting,

CP

- Public Resources -

Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
English...I didn't know that. Haha...I'd recommend using it then. I give all my hands up to Poccil and I really think his starter kit is awsome (since I'm using it), but I've also tried the French one, and I was amazed. All they have done. There is virtually no lag for anything. Transitions are smoother and it is perfectly executed. To say the least, I kinda prefer it over Essentials, so if there is an English version, go for it Anyways, anything is good as long as you develop the game...right, and I'm sure the new resolution will make your life, as well as the players life better.
The SDK isn't fully translated I dont think... I would be using it over PE Actually I do plan to in the future... I do think u should remove the link you've posted b4 dont need people trying to jump on the PSP bandwagon too...
Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:38 PM
Soul.//Silver

Nature: Jolly
Great looking screens Collosal, oh and yeah I agree with King. I would also use that instead of PE too if it was fully translated...alas it isn't, guess I'll just keep staring at the PSP DS folder in my RMXP Games folder while working on my game....lol
Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:43 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul.//Silver View Post
Great looking screens Collosal, oh and yeah I agree with King. I would also use that instead of PE too if it was fully translated...alas it isn't, guess I'll just keep staring at the PSP DS folder in my RMXP Games folder while working on my game....lol
Lol I do the same thing like looking at it is gonna translate it lmao... I like the new screens too but do hope they aren't just image edits...
Old April 29th, 2010, 08:31 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

To everyone who is reading:

Sorry for the lack of updates, I am working on something that's so incredible you'll never believe it, in fact, I can't even tell you guys how awesome it is. It's development has gotten really really far as of now so I'm planning on finishing it early next month. I'll only mention it's got features even Nintendo hasn't done yet (and some that Nintendo has done) I won't reveal it's screenshots though but here's a hint:

The main reason I'm not releasing any more information at the moment is because I'd get a ratio of 10 disbelievers:1 believer about this new system if I don't have it on video but it WILL catch every reader's attention for SURE. No one on PokeCommunity has done this system I'm making...that's how original it will be. However, I still would like to document my progress to you all :D

Audio - 100% Done (Complete)
Graphics - Approx. 80% Done
Systems - Approx. 64% Done
Plans - 100% Done (Complete)

- Public Resources -

Old April 29th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

I can't wait to see what this new system will be :D
I'm thinking as you hinted somewhere else, sort of 3D graphics?
You hinted on being like Black/White, so i cant wait to see :D

Edit: Just looked through the thread, and i gotta say, i'm really impressed in the direction this game is going, you've scripted like a new system a day for about a week?
That insane, i don't understand why more people aren't supporting this game, i for one am :D

Last edited by Crazyninjaguy; April 30th, 2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old April 30th, 2010, 05:59 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

@> Crazyninjaguy:

Meh Maybe two systems a day for approximately a week. I didn't show some of the systems because they're veryy minor and you probably would only notice something if:

A) They were not there
or B) I wrote about the features

But since you asked one of these "perks" is automatically adjusting the game window to the center of the screen (since it's been resized from Poccil's game window's screensize, I made adjustments so it'll go to the center correctly) and some little other things.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Small update on the new system:

Progress has been booming, now I really believe I'll be able to get a good beta for a video tomorrow midday, possibly in a couple hours tonight. It's really alluring as is, but I'll release some news on the CDS tonight at the very minimal. I personally think I'm going to outdo myself on this, and it's only taken a tiny bit more than a week. (About 9 days) I will try to make the video high quality if I can so you guys can see it better than the previous videos too.

~ CP

- Public Resources -

Last edited by CollosalPokemon; April 30th, 2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:36 PM
UmbreonsShadow
Wish

This game looks awesome so far! xD Best of luck to you!!

....I just wanted to let you know. xD LOL
*Goes back to lurking and watching*

Platinum FC: 3652 9007 5830
White FC: 3611 0395 5205
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:53 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Sorry it's so late >.< but I'm like 96% done with the new system in it's entirety so I'm pretty sure I'll get the video by tomorrow. But for now I'll give a small snippet of information in a spoiler box: (Beware: A spoiler may run at you if you go a patch of grass xD)

Spoiler:
This new system is a remake of the DS BIOS that the actual DS has, meaning that it has the intro screen and stuff like the loading of the actual DS, magnified 10 fold. (Because nintendo doesn't use their systems to their potential) This new DS (The Collosal DS) contains some features that the DS BIOS never included before.

More information and pictures will be revealed upon the video.

Thank you for reading,

CP

- Public Resources -

Last edited by CollosalPokemon; April 30th, 2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old May 1st, 2010, 03:33 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
You mean the DS firmware, right?

Anyway, to be perfectly honest, it sounds a bit pointless, which is why nobody's done it before. Is there anything in it that's actually useful?

And there I was, expecting something awesome...
Old May 1st, 2010, 03:55 AM
~Frozen Darkness~
It's watching you...

Nature: Docile
This DS seems very interesting!
I haven't researched the BIOS before, so I'm still in the dark on what it contains.
However, a remake of it seems an odd, but surprisingly good idea :D
Can't wait to see it!

~Frozen~
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:12 AM
Alexandre

Nature: Lonely
What's the point? Its supposed to be a game, not a console.
Old May 1st, 2010, 09:52 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

@> Everyone above:

You'll see soon, it will have alot to do with the game but it will still be a loading system. Video will probably be out today showing the point and functionality of the system. Don't worry, you'll all warm up to it when you see what it actually does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as the day goes on I am revealing this CDS' features: (Details will progress throughout the day)

- An Online Shop
- Emblem Case
- Mystery Gift

Details: (More is coming later today, these are simple facts)

Online Shop --> Using this system you can connect to the internet and shop for new items that can be monitored so the shop can change at various points!

Emblem Case --> Shows the emblems you've received throughout the game.

Mystery Gift --> Using this system you can connect to the internet and download special Pokemon that I configure from my website. (Similar to Nintendo's Mystery Gift)

~ CP

- Public Resources -

Last edited by CollosalPokemon; May 1st, 2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 1st, 2010, 11:42 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

1:00 AM here. CDS Beta 1.0 video released! (Cut 'n dry but it does display the functions and the beta opening intro to the actual game)

I know that the system wasn't what you all expected :D But if I did something like 3D or something I said in the past then it wouldn't be a surprise, would it? (Since I showed working pictures of Mode7 in Pkmn Origin, so seeing how that was revealed, it wouldn't be a surprise)

- Public Resources -

Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:51 AM
poopydude
PKMN Master

Nature: Brave
i nearly ****** in my pants. i want to play this game very badly why can't Nintendo hire you?
Old May 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Well it's just a beta of the CDS, I am improving on a lot of the features' interfaces but EVERYTHING IS FUNCTIONAL. (All Wi-Fi features work flawlessly) Meh, I'm 15 so I dunno why Nintendo would hire me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@> Everyone:

Sorry about the shop's interface =/ The graphics are placeholders for now.

More Info on the CDS :

Download Points: These are like money, but you accumulate them differently than money and they allow you buy stuff on the online shop.
Emblems: These are awards you receive for meeting various objectives, these objects are very, very challenging though (Much, much harder than Nintendo has made so far).

Everything seen downloaded on the CDS Beta I showed was all for debugging purposes, such as there will be more items in the online shop. Not to mention there will be more emblems than just the two shown, those were just to show the beta interface for the Emblem Case

~ CP

Update! To follow up my CDS system I'd love to present NeoMode7, fully compatible with Pokemon Origin. The map is flat but it is rotated and stuff but yeah I restarted the scripting on it and I completed the modifications in an hour with NO help!

- Public Resources -

Last edited by CollosalPokemon; May 2nd, 2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:18 AM
Alexandre

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollosalPokemon View Post
Update! To follow up my CDS system I'd love to present NeoMode7, fully compatible with Pokemon Origin. The map is flat but it is rotated and stuff but yeah I restarted the scripting on it and I completed the modifications in an hour with NO help!
I'm all for your advancements in this game, but can you please stop bragging. I don't think anyone cares if you did it all by yourself in one hour. I did the trading script for Pokemon Essentials Online in two weeks all by myself - now doesn't that make me sound like an ass****?
On top of that, putting pictures which show features that aren't working isn't very helpful. It actually puts the end user off.
Again, my $0.2.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here