The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How is Dissension Looking?
Amazing! Keep it up! 97 75.19%
It is looking good 27 20.93%
Not very good 5 3.88%
Horrible, don't waste your time 0 0%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 15th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post

Woah!
Lets pump the brakes.

First off. The buttons I used look quite different from yours. I note yours has a smooth gradient for one, and mine does not. On top of that, here is my scource for the buttons. Talk to spaceemotion if you think he took yours. In fact, talk to nintendo, looks like they took your icons as well.
Spoiler:

That being said, I am going to move into the color arguement.

1. Gray scale has no intellectual proprietor.
2. Gray scale is not even a color scheme really.
3. An option to choose a colored GUI is most certainly not your intellectual property, if I were to think otherwise I would state that your idea probably stemmed on another game around here. *Raptorahem*
4. Squares do not have any intellectual proprietor either, and despite that they will change to something else rather soon, if you really feel like you need credit for clickable squares then so it shall be. Check the first page

If you still, really believe that I took your icons and your idea of a clickable square, then please take it up with an admin. I will not argue further in this thread about the matter.

It's completely fine, thanks for explaining it further though. It just seemed to similar to me (same gradients, color tone, and overall design). No credit is needed, and you do with your stuff whatever you feel like doing. I won't argue and really really like your interface I like that the whole window looks so shiny and smooth, but you might have some serious issues carrying out your idea.

Once you start working into it (don't know if you already have) you might stumble upon a serious, and really serious lag issue. Because you have put in so many graphics and images, which will need to be updated, it might cause serious lag during gameplay, and within other interfaces. The big benefit of not including mouse functions and things like that, is that it is easier to make it lag free, but from what I see, you will need really smart coding and very few update loops to keep the game running smoothly. Just a word of advice.

Once sorry if I really bashed you, just wanted to clear things up. So far it seems like good work.
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
It's completely fine, thanks for explaining it further though. It just seemed to similar to me (same gradients, color tone, and overall design). No credit is needed, and you do with your stuff whatever you feel like doing. I won't argue and really really like your interface I like that the whole window looks so shiny and smooth, but you might have some serious issues carrying out your idea.

Once you start working into it (don't know if you already have) you might stumble upon a serious, and really serious lag issue. Because you have put in so many graphics and images, which will need to be updated, it might cause serious lag during gameplay, and within other interfaces. The big benefit of not including mouse functions and things like that, is that it is easier to make it lag free, but from what I see, you will need really smart coding and very few update loops to keep the game running smoothly. Just a word of advice.

Once sorry if I really bashed you, just wanted to clear things up. So far it seems like good work.
I am honestly not too worried about lag at the moment. This is purely conceptual work at the moment and anything is subject to change. It looks like a lot to take, but I have e feeling it should be fine, I can reduce the image weights to help a bit.

Only one way to know for sure, and that is to make it

Small update.

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC

Last edited by Worldslayer608; January 15th, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:02 AM
AceOlsen
Beginning Trainer

Looks really good. I like the name too.
Old January 19th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

It has been brought to my attention that I have been neglecting The Pokecommunity thread of Dissension updates so here they are.

Here is an outdated version of North Odale Grove, the starting location in Dissension.

The brief moment Dissension used a Dual Screen

Here are some samples of the GUI I have been working on for Dissension.

The Pokedex

A sample of the bronze color GUI

So there you have it

Old January 19th, 2010, 10:47 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
are the snorelax and ninjask really like that in game? Are they animated?
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
are the snorelax and ninjask really like that in game? Are they animated?
It is not a ninjask, but yes they are animated in game

If you look at the recent screens I posted above your post, the birds actually move across the screen as well.

Old January 19th, 2010, 11:35 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
It is not a ninjask, but yes they are animated in game

If you look at the recent screens I posted above your post, the birds actually move across the screen as well.
awesome I think this will raise the bar for pokemon ow in games... good work also the above birds dont move.
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
awesome I think this will raise the bar for pokemon ow in games... good work also the above birds dont move.
The birds move in game, that is just a screen capture of the DS, I didn't want to go through the trouble of animating it as it would appear in game.

Old January 19th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Rajoute
Beginning Trainer

looks really nice. Hope you'll finish it !
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:27 PM
zane203
Zetsumei barer

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zane203 Send a message via Yahoo to zane203
I like it man, looks like a natural pokemon game with its very own originality =D

Old January 26th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Gigatom~
Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~

Amazing Game. I'll support it. Good Luck with this :D

Gigatom~

Check out my deviantArt! :3
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates, I am tinkering with the GUI a bit, and hopefully I will have a preview of the first event in Dissension stay tuned.

Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:24 PM
dudleyspud
Beginning Trainer

Wow, this looks amazing. The graphics are superb and the storyline looks brilliant; why has no-one posted on here in 3 months? :/

Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
Savant

Oh, I don't know.
Could it be because you're breaking the rules?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links