The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old April 2nd, 2010, 09:01 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
So far as what I've heard... the next generation handheld will be the Nintendo 3DS. Which I am 100% sure that the 5th generation Pokémon games will be on that new handheld which will be shown at this year's E3 (on June 15th, 2010).

Which basically means we'll be even more stuck in the past in ROM hacking if we cannot make a 4th generation map editor.
I'm pretty sure the 5th generation will have actual models of characters rather than sprites. As far as I'm conserned... we aren't getting anywhere in creating a map editor for the 4th generation. Man I wish I knew how to program, then I possibly might be able to create one.

Models, blocks, offsets, scripts, movement permissions, and boarder blocks. Those are the things I've realized in the 4th generation. If only if I learned how to make programs and all that... it could be possible I would've made one by now.
Sadly... I have to take many courses before I would be able to know how to make programs. Which would possibly take a very long time indeed (probably about 6 or more years).


A map viewer would be indeed be good enough in viewing the maps and all that... all we need now is something to be able to edit all of that. The question is... how?
Well, a bit of thinking can do wonders.

Using the same interface, change the portion that views the map to make a click 'n drag interface. Then, make a list of the building models, and make an XYZ drag display to make different sized buildings. Than, make a list of the songs and make a drop list to make that happen. Done. A "Simple" map editor for 4th gen. But, if 5th gen is 3D, that may not be possible.
__________________



Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆


Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Full Metal's Avatar
Full Metal
C(++) Developer.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In my mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
crap...didn't we just now come out with the DSI?
dangit! i just got one too....now i can't play the 5th gen games cuz of the new ds comin out?
__________________

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:44 AM
tinix's Avatar
tinix
PearlShipper & C Programmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post
crap...didn't we just now come out with the DSI?
dangit! i just got one too....now i can't play the 5th gen games cuz of the new ds comin out?
It will be for normal ds nintendo confirmed it
__________________
Pokémon games i own:
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokémon HeartGold Version

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
-Started by SkittyLover77


Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:47 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinix View Post
It will be for normal ds nintendo confirmed it
NO WAY! Since when did they announce this? I thought they were making the 3DS for these new games. Or can they be compatible with both? I don't think so.
__________________



Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆


Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
tinix's Avatar
tinix
PearlShipper & C Programmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
NO WAY! Since when did they announce this? I thought they were making the 3DS for these new games. Or can they be compatible with both? I don't think so.
It was annouced with reveal of zorua and zoroark
PROOF: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_V
__________________
Pokémon games i own:
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokémon HeartGold Version

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
-Started by SkittyLover77



Last edited by tinix; April 2nd, 2010 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old April 4th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Prahaps in the 5th Generation will also have a sky? 'Cause I know in the 4th generation, there was no sky at all. Probably the 5th generation will have a camera angle adjusting like what Pokémon Colosseum did.

But I am assuming the sprites will be 3D Models with black lines around the outside which will always be facing you and adjusting to whatever side of the model.

EDIT: I know it will defenantly be for the Nintendo 3DS, 'cause...
  1. The Nintendo DSi doesn't have games that are made exclusively for it, only the DSi Ware Games.
  2. The Nintendo DS won't have enough space on the card to fit in 250 extra Pokémon. And the improvments would require a file size of 1.10 GB.

Who knows if the Nintendo 3DS will have very small optical disks or cartrages?
__________________
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!

Last edited by Platinum Lucario; April 4th, 2010 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
The only thing closest to a map editor for GEN4
Is the PG4 Map viewer its somewhere on the toolbox
Hopefully the guy who made that willprogress it into a editor
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM
tinix's Avatar
tinix
PearlShipper & C Programmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Prahaps in the 5th Generation will also have a sky? 'Cause I know in the 4th generation, there was no sky at all. Probably the 5th generation will have a camera angle adjusting like what Pokémon Colosseum did.

But I am assuming the sprites will be 3D Models with black lines around the outside which will always be facing you and adjusting to whatever side of the model.

EDIT: I know it will defenantly be for the Nintendo 3DS, 'cause...
  1. The Nintendo DSi doesn't have games that are made exclusively for it, only the DSi Ware Games.
  2. The Nintendo DS won't have enough space on the card to fit in 250 extra Pokémon. And the improvments would require a file size of 1.10 GB.

Who knows if the Nintendo 3DS will have very small optical disks or cartrages?
5th gen WILL BE FOR NORMAL DS and here is quote from bulapedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
...have been announced to have an expected release date of late 2010, and will, in an unprecedented move, be released for the Nintendo DS, the same console as Generation IV's main series games...
__________________
Pokémon games i own:
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokémon HeartGold Version

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
-Started by SkittyLover77


Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinix View Post
5th gen WILL BE FOR NORMAL DS and here is quote from bulapedia
When they define "DS", they define it as any version of the DS. It could be for the DS, DSi, or the 3DS. No one knows, yet. Just because they say "for the Nintendo DS", it doesn't mean that it will be for the DS lite/DSi/DSIXL. It still has the chance to be used on the 3DS, unless the 3DS is released after the Gen 5 games.
__________________



Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆


Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old April 6th, 2010, 03:10 AM
tinix's Avatar
tinix
PearlShipper & C Programmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
When they define "DS", they define it as any version of the DS. It could be for the DS, DSi, or the 3DS. No one knows, yet. Just because they say "for the Nintendo DS", it doesn't mean that it will be for the DS lite/DSi/DSIXL. It still has the chance to be used on the 3DS, unless the 3DS is released after the Gen 5 games.
Okay... But the 5gen will be released later this year and 3DS in 2011 and also there is written "same console as IV generation games" proof of release 3DS in 2011 http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf and nintendos annoucment it will be for ds
http://translate.google.sk/translate...100129_02.html (translated by google)
__________________
Pokémon games i own:
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokémon HeartGold Version

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
-Started by SkittyLover77


Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old April 6th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Sora's Nobody's Avatar
Sora's Nobody
The Official Roxas
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Destiny Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Prahaps in the 5th Generation will also have a sky? 'Cause I know in the 4th generation, there was no sky at all. Probably the 5th generation will have a camera angle adjusting like what Pokémon Colosseum did.

But I am assuming the sprites will be 3D Models with black lines around the outside which will always be facing you and adjusting to whatever side of the model.

EDIT: I know it will defenantly be for the Nintendo 3DS, 'cause...
  1. The Nintendo DSi doesn't have games that are made exclusively for it, only the DSi Ware Games.
  2. The Nintendo DS won't have enough space on the card to fit in 250 extra Pokémon. And the improvments would require a file size of 1.10 GB.

Who knows if the Nintendo 3DS will have very small optical disks or cartrages?
It is wrong that they wouldnt be able to fit in more pokemon, as the games are aprox. expandaple to double the size that is used for pokemon right now, the only reason they havent done that yet, is because they wouldnt be able to justify that they didnt add more features!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
When they define "DS", they define it as any version of the DS. It could be for the DS, DSi, or the 3DS. No one knows, yet. Just because they say "for the Nintendo DS", it doesn't mean that it will be for the DS lite/DSi/DSIXL. It still has the chance to be used on the 3DS, unless the 3DS is released after the Gen 5 games.
Im gonna go ahead an higlight in that short wuote, whee it exactly point out that it isnt gonna be on any other generation ds! Even tought the 3ds wasnt announced when this was written, people did expect the next generation to be on another console!

Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
...have been announced to have an expected release date of late 2010, and will, in an unprecedented move, be released for the Nintendo DS, the same console as Generation IV's main series games...
__________________

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:



Last edited by Sora's Nobody; April 6th, 2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:33 AM
tinix's Avatar
tinix
PearlShipper & C Programmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Age: 16
Gender: Male
And name nintendo 3DS is only codename
__________________
Pokémon games i own:
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokémon HeartGold Version

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
-Started by SkittyLover77


Reply With Quote
  #38    
Old April 7th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
It's kinda weird having the 5th Generation on the Nintendo DS, since the Nintendo DS will might be the first handheld in history to ever have two generations on it.
If it's gonna be on the Nintendo DS... then that would mean... all the model layouts and all that will be the same. And they will use both overworld and battle sprites once again. If only they announced the Nintendo codename 3DS at last E3. Or what if they have actually announced the 5th Generation too soon?

But anyways, I'm sure all the mapping style will be exactly the same as the 4th generation. No difference whatsoever, which kinda sucks really, I was expecting more from them.
I kinda wish I was a programmer, that way I would be able to create my first 4th and 5th Generation map editor.

EDIT: If it really was on the 3DS... Pokémon Sunday would have no choice but to leak the info and the looks of the Nintendo 3DS. And I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't want that.
__________________
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!

Last edited by Platinum Lucario; April 7th, 2010 at 02:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39    
Old April 9th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Just as a quick thought... Shouldn't the name of the thread be changed now that the names have been unbeiled?

"Pokemon White/Black hacking"?
__________________



Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆


Reply With Quote
  #40    
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:29 PM
SCV's Avatar
SCV
DPP Game Researcher
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Gender:
Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to SCV Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SCV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Just as a quick thought... Shouldn't the name of the thread be changed now that the names have been unbeiled?

"Pokemon White/Black hacking"?
You do know that PC Rom hacking basically lives in the 3rd gen. Here the next gen is 4th gen. Read the first post please.
__________________
Visit PP Wiki's ROM Editing and Research Page

A new type of DPP Editor: PPRE (PPRE beta 0.05 now out, but there are newer releases)

Useful programs for DPP Hacking/Research: http://rapidshare.com/files/17990048...ckingTools.zip
Reply With Quote
  #41    
Old April 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Neon Hydra's Avatar
Neon Hydra
Master of Visibillity
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
It would be usful to be able to hack the 4th gen games like the 3rd gen but it would probably be quite a bit harder.
__________________
My Hack: Pokemon Dark Shadows
Spoiler:
(in progress)
Hydra's PokePet
Richter the level 58 Donphan!
Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Reply With Quote
  #42    
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM
HackChu's Avatar
HackChu
I need a haircut...
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bankrupt Amerika
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Yeah from the new looks of Black and white it will without a doubt be much tougher to hack.

NDS games can expand up tp 215 MBs because I downloaded one game that reaches that far but I forgot what game it was...think it was Phantasy Star 0.
__________________
Join us!

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Reply With Quote
  #43    
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Poryhack
March 14th
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackChu View Post
Yeah from the new looks of Black and white it will without a doubt be much tougher to hack.

NDS games can expand up tp 215 MBs because I downloaded one game that reaches that far but I forgot what game it was...think it was Phantasy Star 0.
The memory sizes have to be a power of two, so I don't think there's a game that's natively 215 megabytes. Maybe it's 256 trimmed to 215.
Reply With Quote
  #44    
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:14 PM
HackChu's Avatar
HackChu
I need a haircut...
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bankrupt Amerika
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Bingo! That's what it was, 256 MBs was how much space it was. I knew there was something weird with what I said.
__________________
Join us!

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Reply With Quote
  #45    
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:18 AM
mustafa505's Avatar
mustafa505
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hoenn Region :P
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mustafa505 Send a message via Yahoo to mustafa505
Your little wrong the 4th gen games are allready been hacked but hack is not based on DS games its for pokemon GBA Games like ruby and fire red and the hacks pokelight platinum and all other
__________________
~Red~ Signature


My GPX Page: GPX - User Page
Mustafa505

XD
My (H)acks:
Pokemon Chronicles
PC Page:

The Pokecommunity Mustafa505 - User Page
Projects:

Epic Words From a Mod From PC:
"What I mean by this is,
I'm not strict like MOST people *cough* Admins/Mods *cough* on this site.
And no not all Admins/Mods are like that,
but MOST are,
Post this in your sign.
if you are PC Viruse free!"





Reply With Quote
  #46    
Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:17 PM
sir.euge's Avatar
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
Everyone in this community are like serious noobs. No one is a hacker if they use tools. Stop waiting and go hack somestuff. See what mewthree9000 has to say to all of you. I agree with him. follow this link.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=214546&page=2
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47    
Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
doeboy9's Avatar
doeboy9
This Guy Right Here
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, wait, is this supposed to be pokemon related? umm Kanto?
Age: 23
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doeboy9 Send a message via Yahoo to doeboy9
Um im pretty sure the 5th gen games wont be on the 3DS since theyre gunna be released before the 3DS
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48    
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:55 AM
The Original Darkwiz787's Avatar
The Original Darkwiz787
Stuck with text below my name.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
You can edit it, you have to hex edit rather than use tools however.
__________________

.:Youtube:Sprites:My Fanfic:My Brawl Card:.

|Tensai's Secret|Adamant Diamond|
I Support Those Hacks
Thanks Ryukun for amazing theme

2% of the population thinks Global Warming is a scam. If you're one of the 98% who actually feel the drastically changing temperature, place this in your sig.

Reply With Quote
  #49    
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Full Metal's Avatar
Full Metal
C(++) Developer.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In my mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.euge View Post
Everyone in this community are like serious noobs. No one is a hacker if they use tools. Stop waiting and go hack somestuff. See what mewthree9000 has to say to all of you. I agree with him. follow this link.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=214546&page=2
LOL
fail dude.
learn how to say your own words, then maybe people will actually listen to you. and also, posting the same god dang thing on two different threads (Btw, why do we have two of these threads? just a thought...) is really a bad idea, and makes you look dumber than a box of rocks. idk, maybe thats just me, but i doubt that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackChu View Post
Yeah from the new looks of Black and white it will without a doubt be much tougher to hack.
I agree with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
It's kinda weird having the 5th Generation on the Nintendo DS, since the Nintendo DS will might be the first handheld in history to ever have two generations on it.
If it's gonna be on the Nintendo DS... then that would mean... all the model layouts and all that will be the same. And they will use both overworld and battle sprites once again. If only they announced the Nintendo codename 3DS at last E3. Or what if they have actually announced the 5th Generation too soon?

But anyways, I'm sure all the mapping style will be exactly the same as the 4th generation. No difference whatsoever, which kinda sucks really, I was expecting more from them.
I kinda wish I was a programmer, that way I would be able to create my first 4th and 5th Generation map editor.

EDIT: If it really was on the 3DS... Pokémon Sunday would have no choice but to leak the info and the looks of the Nintendo 3DS. And I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't want that.
Ok...have you even seen the screenshots of b/w?
THERE IS NO EFFIN WAY that the mapping is gonna be close. If it is....idk, maybe i'll chew on my hat, but i say with about 80% sureness, that the mapping is gonna be different.
__________________

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
Reply With Quote
  #50    
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:03 PM
Poryhack
March 14th
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post

Ok...have you even seen the screenshots of b/w?
THERE IS NO EFFIN WAY that the mapping is gonna be close. If it is....idk, maybe i'll chew on my hat, but i say with about 80% sureness, that the mapping is gonna be different.
Dissimilar as they may look, this guy is mostly right (even if it's for the wrong reasons). 3D file formats for the DS are standardized and almost all games made for the DS will use roughly the same formats for 3D and certain other materials.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.