The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Old April 2nd, 2010, 09:01 AM
Team Fail

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
So far as what I've heard... the next generation handheld will be the Nintendo 3DS. Which I am 100% sure that the 5th generation Pokémon games will be on that new handheld which will be shown at this year's E3 (on June 15th, 2010).

Which basically means we'll be even more stuck in the past in ROM hacking if we cannot make a 4th generation map editor.
I'm pretty sure the 5th generation will have actual models of characters rather than sprites. As far as I'm conserned... we aren't getting anywhere in creating a map editor for the 4th generation. Man I wish I knew how to program, then I possibly might be able to create one.

Models, blocks, offsets, scripts, movement permissions, and boarder blocks. Those are the things I've realized in the 4th generation. If only if I learned how to make programs and all that... it could be possible I would've made one by now.
Sadly... I have to take many courses before I would be able to know how to make programs. Which would possibly take a very long time indeed (probably about 6 or more years).

A map viewer would be indeed be good enough in viewing the maps and all that... all we need now is something to be able to edit all of that. The question is... how?
Well, a bit of thinking can do wonders.

Using the same interface, change the portion that views the map to make a click 'n drag interface. Then, make a list of the building models, and make an XYZ drag display to make different sized buildings. Than, make a list of the songs and make a drop list to make that happen. Done. A "Simple" map editor for 4th gen. But, if 5th gen is 3D, that may not be possible.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Full Metal
C(++) Developer.

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
crap...didn't we just now come out with the DSI?
dangit! i just got one too....now i can't play the 5th gen games cuz of the new ds comin out?

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:44 AM
tinix
PearlShipper & C Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post
crap...didn't we just now come out with the DSI?
dangit! i just got one too....now i can't play the 5th gen games cuz of the new ds comin out?
It will be for normal ds nintendo confirmed it
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokémon HeartGold Version

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
-Started by SkittyLover77

Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:47 AM
Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinix View Post
It will be for normal ds nintendo confirmed it
NO WAY! Since when did they announce this? I thought they were making the 3DS for these new games. Or can they be compatible with both? I don't think so.

Team Fail

☆ ☆ ☆

Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
tinix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
NO WAY! Since when did they announce this? I thought they were making the 3DS for these new games. Or can they be compatible with both? I don't think so.
It was annouced with reveal of zorua and zoroark
PROOF: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_V

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Last edited by tinix; April 2nd, 2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old April 4th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

Nature: Calm
Prahaps in the 5th Generation will also have a sky? 'Cause I know in the 4th generation, there was no sky at all. Probably the 5th generation will have a camera angle adjusting like what Pokémon Colosseum did.

But I am assuming the sprites will be 3D Models with black lines around the outside which will always be facing you and adjusting to whatever side of the model.

EDIT: I know it will defenantly be for the Nintendo 3DS, 'cause...
  1. The Nintendo DSi doesn't have games that are made exclusively for it, only the DSi Ware Games.
  2. The Nintendo DS won't have enough space on the card to fit in 250 extra Pokémon. And the improvments would require a file size of 1.10 GB.

Who knows if the Nintendo 3DS will have very small optical disks or cartrages?

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!

Last edited by Platinum Lucario; April 4th, 2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
The only thing closest to a map editor for GEN4
Is the PG4 Map viewer its somewhere on the toolbox
Hopefully the guy who made that willprogress it into a editor
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM
tinix

Quote:
Prahaps in the 5th Generation will also have a sky? 'Cause I know in the 4th generation, there was no sky at all. Probably the 5th generation will have a camera angle adjusting like what Pokémon Colosseum did.

But I am assuming the sprites will be 3D Models with black lines around the outside which will always be facing you and adjusting to whatever side of the model.

1. The Nintendo DSi doesn't have games that are made exclusively for it, only the DSi Ware Games.
  2. The Nintendo DS won't have enough space on the card to fit in 250 extra Pokémon. And the improvments would require a file size of 1.10 GB.

5th gen WILL BE FOR NORMAL DS and here is quote from bulapedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
...have been announced to have an expected release date of late 2010, and will, in an unprecedented move, be released for the Nintendo DS, the same console as Generation IV's main series games...

Old April 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinix View Post
5th gen WILL BE FOR NORMAL DS and here is quote from bulapedia
When they define "DS", they define it as any version of the DS. It could be for the DS, DSi, or the 3DS. No one knows, yet. Just because they say "for the Nintendo DS", it doesn't mean that it will be for the DS lite/DSi/DSIXL. It still has the chance to be used on the 3DS, unless the 3DS is released after the Gen 5 games.

Team Fail

☆ ☆ ☆

Old April 6th, 2010, 03:10 AM
tinix

Quote:
When they define "DS", they define it as any version of the DS. It could be for the DS, DSi, or the 3DS. No one knows, yet. Just because they say "for the Nintendo DS", it doesn't mean that it will be for the DS lite/DSi/DSIXL. It still has the chance to be used on the 3DS, unless the 3DS is released after the Gen 5 games.
Okay... But the 5gen will be released later this year and 3DS in 2011 and also there is written "same console as IV generation games" proof of release 3DS in 2011 http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf and nintendos annoucment it will be for ds
http://translate.google.sk/translate...100129_02.html (translated by google)

Old April 6th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Sora's Nobody
The Official Roxas

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
Quote:

It is wrong that they wouldnt be able to fit in more pokemon, as the games are aprox. expandaple to double the size that is used for pokemon right now, the only reason they havent done that yet, is because they wouldnt be able to justify that they didnt add more features!

Quote:
Im gonna go ahead an higlight in that short wuote, whee it exactly point out that it isnt gonna be on any other generation ds! Even tought the 3ds wasnt announced when this was written, people did expect the next generation to be on another console!

Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
...have been announced to have an expected release date of late 2010, and will, in an unprecedented move, be released for the Nintendo DS, the same console as Generation IV's main series games...

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Last edited by Sora's Nobody; April 6th, 2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:33 AM
tinix

And name nintendo 3DS is only codename

Old April 7th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

It's kinda weird having the 5th Generation on the Nintendo DS, since the Nintendo DS will might be the first handheld in history to ever have two generations on it.
If it's gonna be on the Nintendo DS... then that would mean... all the model layouts and all that will be the same. And they will use both overworld and battle sprites once again. If only they announced the Nintendo codename 3DS at last E3. Or what if they have actually announced the 5th Generation too soon?

But anyways, I'm sure all the mapping style will be exactly the same as the 4th generation. No difference whatsoever, which kinda sucks really, I was expecting more from them.
I kinda wish I was a programmer, that way I would be able to create my first 4th and 5th Generation map editor.

EDIT: If it really was on the 3DS... Pokémon Sunday would have no choice but to leak the info and the looks of the Nintendo 3DS. And I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't want that.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!

Last edited by Platinum Lucario; April 7th, 2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old April 9th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Team Fail

Just as a quick thought... Shouldn't the name of the thread be changed now that the names have been unbeiled?

"Pokemon White/Black hacking"?

Team Fail

☆ ☆ ☆

Old April 9th, 2010, 06:29 PM
SCV
DPP Game Researcher

Send a message via AIM to SCV Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SCV
Quote:
Just as a quick thought... Shouldn't the name of the thread be changed now that the names have been unbeiled?

"Pokemon White/Black hacking"?
You do know that PC Rom hacking basically lives in the 3rd gen. Here the next gen is 4th gen. Read the first post please.

A new type of DPP Editor: PPRE (PPRE beta 0.05 now out, but there are newer releases)

Useful programs for DPP Hacking/Research: http://rapidshare.com/files/17990048...ckingTools.zip
Old April 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Neon Hydra
Master of Visibillity

It would be usful to be able to hack the 4th gen games like the 3rd gen but it would probably be quite a bit harder.
Hydra's PokePet
Richter the level 58 Donphan!
Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Old April 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM
HackChu
I need a haircut...

Nature: Modest
Yeah from the new looks of Black and white it will without a doubt be much tougher to hack.

NDS games can expand up tp 215 MBs because I downloaded one game that reaches that far but I forgot what game it was...think it was Phantasy Star 0.

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Poryhack
March 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackChu View Post
Yeah from the new looks of Black and white it will without a doubt be much tougher to hack.

NDS games can expand up tp 215 MBs because I downloaded one game that reaches that far but I forgot what game it was...think it was Phantasy Star 0.
The memory sizes have to be a power of two, so I don't think there's a game that's natively 215 megabytes. Maybe it's 256 trimmed to 215.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:14 PM
HackChu
I need a haircut...

Nature: Modest
Bingo! That's what it was, 256 MBs was how much space it was. I knew there was something weird with what I said.

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:18 AM
mustafa505
Developer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mustafa505 Send a message via Yahoo to mustafa505
Your little wrong the 4th gen games are allready been hacked but hack is not based on DS games its for pokemon GBA Games like ruby and fire red and the hacks pokelight platinum and all other

My GPX Page: GPX - User Page
Mustafa505

XD
My (H)acks:
Pokemon Chronicles
PC Page:

The Pokecommunity Mustafa505 - User Page
Projects:

Epic Words From a Mod From PC:
"What I mean by this is,
I'm not strict like MOST people *cough* Admins/Mods *cough* on this site.
And no not all Admins/Mods are like that,
but MOST are,
Post this in your sign.
if you are PC Viruse free!"

Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:17 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
Everyone in this community are like serious noobs. No one is a hacker if they use tools. Stop waiting and go hack somestuff. See what mewthree9000 has to say to all of you. I agree with him. follow this link.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=214546&page=2
Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
doeboy9
This Guy Right Here

Location: Chicago, wait, is this supposed to be pokemon related? umm Kanto?
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doeboy9 Send a message via Yahoo to doeboy9
Um im pretty sure the 5th gen games wont be on the 3DS since theyre gunna be released before the 3DS
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:55 AM
The Original Darkwiz787
Stuck with text below my name.

You can edit it, you have to hex edit rather than use tools however.

.:Youtube:Sprites:My Fanfic:My Brawl Card:.

|Tensai's Secret|Adamant Diamond|
I Support Those Hacks
Thanks Ryukun for amazing theme

2% of the population thinks Global Warming is a scam. If you're one of the 98% who actually feel the drastically changing temperature, place this in your sig.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Full Metal
C(++) Developer.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.euge View Post
Everyone in this community are like serious noobs. No one is a hacker if they use tools. Stop waiting and go hack somestuff. See what mewthree9000 has to say to all of you. I agree with him. follow this link.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=214546&page=2
LOL
fail dude.
learn how to say your own words, then maybe people will actually listen to you. and also, posting the same god dang thing on two different threads (Btw, why do we have two of these threads? just a thought...) is really a bad idea, and makes you look dumber than a box of rocks. idk, maybe thats just me, but i doubt that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackChu View Post
I agree with this.
Quote:
It's kinda weird having the 5th Generation on the Nintendo DS, since the Nintendo DS will might be the first handheld in history to ever have two generations on it.
If it's gonna be on the Nintendo DS... then that would mean... all the model layouts and all that will be the same. And they will use both overworld and battle sprites once again. If only they announced the Nintendo codename 3DS at last E3. Or what if they have actually announced the 5th Generation too soon?

But anyways, I'm sure all the mapping style will be exactly the same as the 4th generation. No difference whatsoever, which kinda sucks really, I was expecting more from them.
I kinda wish I was a programmer, that way I would be able to create my first 4th and 5th Generation map editor.

EDIT: If it really was on the 3DS... Pokémon Sunday would have no choice but to leak the info and the looks of the Nintendo 3DS. And I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't want that.
Ok...have you even seen the screenshots of b/w?
THERE IS NO EFFIN WAY that the mapping is gonna be close. If it is....idk, maybe i'll chew on my hat, but i say with about 80% sureness, that the mapping is gonna be different.

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:03 PM
Poryhack
March 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post

Ok...have you even seen the screenshots of b/w?
THERE IS NO EFFIN WAY that the mapping is gonna be close. If it is....idk, maybe i'll chew on my hat, but i say with about 80% sureness, that the mapping is gonna be different.
Dissimilar as they may look, this guy is mostly right (even if it's for the wrong reasons). 3D file formats for the DS are standardized and almost all games made for the DS will use roughly the same formats for 3D and certain other materials.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links