The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 7th, 2010, 08:46 AM
pokemaniac_charmander
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to pokemaniac_charmander

Advertise here
can't enter and see the way in route 31.. T,T
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:54 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
@luan
yes, there are a lot of jhoto remakes, but this one is likely to be filled to the top with asm, and unlike most other remakes, it's good (sorry zel, but SG just didn't appeal to me)

@pokemaniac
that's the end of the alpha.
Old April 7th, 2010, 02:08 PM
G4briel
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan13 View Post
is a good hack but you do not think
this story is not a bit outdated and has many
competitors
No way! That is why its called "Pure Gold", or else it would have a totally diferent name...
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:50 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
Quote:
Originally Posted by luan13 View Post
is a good hack but you do not think
this story is not a bit outdated and has many
competitors
This thread is about pure gold so go away. anyways i like how you made the mobile system zodiac. are we going to be able to call the trainers? rematches? sorry for asking too much
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:36 PM
EBAiscool
Beginning Trainer

Woah! Are you SURE this is a Ruby hack?! The graphics are too Firered like. Also, the titlescreen is AMAZING.

Good luck on this, I'll be sure to play it once a beta comes out.

Old April 7th, 2010, 09:53 PM
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4briel
No way! That is why its called "Pure Gold", or else it would have a totally diferent name...
Lol, its such a pun XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.euge
This thread is about pure gold so go away. anyways i like how you made the mobile system zodiac. are we going to be able to call the trainers? rematches? sorry for asking too much
Well, 1st I gotta make a working system - the "calling you" part is important. As for calling them, its easier - see zel had it in just a script :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBAiscool
Woah! Are you SURE this is a Ruby hack?! The graphics are too Firered like. Also, the titlescreen is AMAZING.

Good luck on this, I'll be sure to play it once a beta comes out.
Thank you!
Old April 9th, 2010, 04:31 AM
professional
Beginning Trainer

I'm new here but honestly this hack is something else ...
the effort that your putting in this hack . I'm sure that it will make this hack one of the best hacks out there
good luck with this ...
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Khorney
Beginning Trainer

any chance of a silver version with the changed capture areas and lugia to capture first?
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:06 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorney View Post
any chance of a silver version with the changed capture areas and lugia to capture first?
Wow, whats the point of that. This thread is only for Pure Gold.And by the way Zodiacthegreat, are you going to have the full mobile device(like worldmap and stuff)or is it just the phone? Thanks
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Khorney
Beginning Trainer

because the remake is good, and it would be neat to have the very slight differences in a silver version, that's all.

in fact, i'd be willing to help out make a parallel version once this is nearing completion, if necessary.

since the only main differences are the capturing:
[there was a url to bulbapedia specifying the different ones, but i cant post URL's yet =/]

and what wing you get to capture the first legendary bird. and i think its important to keep the trading aspect in a pokemon game =)

Last edited by Khorney; April 11th, 2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Fire Blazer
Gomu Gomu no...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Fire Blazer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fire Blazer
Even if HeartGold is out, I still anticipate this hack a bit. It looks pretty solid and it seems like a lot of work has already been put into it.

I've never heard of unLZ-GBA hacked, but umm, unLZ-GBA itself is extremely outdated. GBA Graphics Editor can do everything unLZ-GBA does and much more. It's also more efficient and can be run on non-Windows operating systems with Mono installed.

I would give you a link but I'd probably be banned or posting links to other websites... to give you an idea, it can load palettes (compressed and uncompressed), graphics (LZ77 compressed and uncompressed), TSA, edit colors, view 4bpp, 8pp, indexed bitmap and truecolor bitmap graphics (IIRC), insert bitmaps with multiple options (abort options, repoint graphics and/or palette), save bitmaps, load TSA/view an image with TSA loaded, and yeah.

IPS patching works too but UPS patching is better IMO. NUPS is the best program for UPS patching but Tsukiyomi works too.

Just some suggestions to try and help a little. Good luck with the hack.
Old April 21st, 2010, 10:32 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorney
because the remake is good, and it would be neat to have the very slight differences in a silver version, that's all.

in fact, i'd be willing to help out make a parallel version once this is nearing completion, if necessary.

since the only main differences are the capturing:
[there was a url to bulbapedia specifying the different ones, but i cant post URL's yet =/]

and what wing you get to capture the first legendary bird. and i think its important to keep the trading aspect in a pokemon game =)
Uhm, I don't think there'll be a need for a Silver Version - even by the means of trading. But I'm aiming to let you catch 'em all. I'm not revealing that yet XD But thanks for your offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Blazer's Avatar
Fire Blazer
Even if HeartGold is out, I still anticipate this hack a bit. It looks pretty solid and it seems like a lot of work has already been put into it.

I've never heard of unLZ-GBA hacked, but umm, unLZ-GBA itself is extremely outdated. GBA Graphics Editor can do everything unLZ-GBA does and much more. It's also more efficient and can be run on non-Windows operating systems with Mono installed.

I would give you a link but I'd probably be banned or posting links to other websites... to give you an idea, it can load palettes (compressed and uncompressed), graphics (LZ77 compressed and uncompressed), TSA, edit colors, view 4bpp, 8pp, indexed bitmap and truecolor bitmap graphics (IIRC), insert bitmaps with multiple options (abort options, repoint graphics and/or palette), save bitmaps, load TSA/view an image with TSA loaded, and yeah.

IPS patching works too but UPS patching is better IMO. NUPS is the best program for UPS patching but Tsukiyomi works too.

Just some suggestions to try and help a little. Good luck with the hack.
Thanks The thing that was hacked in unLZ is just the shell not the inner workings and code, open it in a resource editor and you'll see Yeah, I'll check out that new tool when I get time. Regarding the patching, for now it'll remain as IPS but once I exceed that 16MB size then I'll start using UPS. At least that's what I plan to do

Anyway, update time. lol I'm by no means dead hehe. Here's what I've been working on for a long long time and finally it's done. I'm glad to be honest.

What you see from that screen above is basically the hacked version of Ruby's Trainer Card (involving 14 steps I think) made to look like Fire Red's. It took a long time to crack all the stuff and extend loading for some stuff. Cracking how the text was loaded is just too hard. The star there will be yellow, it's black because the palette isn't edited. Minor differences from Fire Red are only the vertical text positions but I think its good enough. I'll be implementing this on Pure Gold in the next few days.
Old April 30th, 2010, 06:24 PM
mewthree9000
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to mewthree9000 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mewthree9000
I am now I an official supporter of this hack. Good job Zodiac. ;)

Old May 2nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Oh, is it possible to have your party pokemon dispayed on the trainer card?
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:54 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

Yep But its rather pointless hehe
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:40 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Nice trainer card.
Anyway, will you be changing the tiles in the future? Sorry if somebody has asked this.
Good luck!
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:52 AM
ZodiacDaGreat

Pardon me but tiles for what?
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:06 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
Nice trainer card.
Anyway, will you be changing the tiles in the future? Sorry if somebody has asked this.
Good luck!
No, this hack is partially a conversion from Ruby to FireRed. Therefore, the tiles, amongst many other elements of the hack, are from Fire Red.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:11 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
Pardon me but tiles for what?
Well your hack. Would you be changing the tree's, grass, ect..? Also, I think giradialkia answered my question.
Old May 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
peacepod
Beginning Trainer

this is the one i've been searching for a long time,,
thx for making this rom,
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:50 PM
peacepod
Beginning Trainer

can i ask?
why did i still have the ruby title screen?
and what is the difference between this trainer card and the other trainer card?
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:52 AM
mewthree9000
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to mewthree9000 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mewthree9000
Zodiac, if you want I could probably help you make an epic titlescreen and some other stuff. We need to talk about this. Because I got some huge ideas! Not to headbutt into your creation or anything, but I think it could be kool. I gotta get some of my ideas out there. I feel them starting to flow a bit. I had this killer dream last night about a hack.
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

I just noticed that the logo of PueGold is on a metal headband from Naruta. Is this game going to a little like Naruto?
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:30 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

It's not a headband just a photoshop random design lol Pokémon and Naruto are two different things bringing them together is a bad idea.
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Just in case you haven't noticed, the font you've edited is 1 pixel too low. I compared it with a screenshot from FireRed.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here