Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 8th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Chocos0
Eclipse the Umbreon

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureol View Post
I dunno if this has been suggested or not, but here's my idea. I'll probably regret giving out my idea later, but realistically it's unlikely I'll ever hack.

Pokemon TrueBlue

Basically, this whole hack revolves around Trainers Red and Blue switching roles: you now play as Blue, and Red becomes your rival, which would then mean that you could for once have the advantage with the starter. I thought that this hack would make Blue a lot more noble (even if he's still just as arrogant) than we give him credit for. On the other hand, Red is somewhat quiet, but in an "I'm-better-than-you" way, only sharing snide remarks. Why are there only 5 or so Rocket Grunts in Mt. Moon? Because Blue, who came before, cleared it out already! When Blue came through, it was a full-fledged Rocket mining operation, and he managed to remove most of them.

Although, it wouldn't make sense for Blue to ever defeat Giovanni, because if he did, Red wouldn't need to ever be involved. So an alternate, high-end Rocket would be needed to intervene: I was thinking Silver (who would be 7 in this storyline?), a rambunctious little brat who can't stand the patheticness of Team Rocket for being thwarted by kids only a little older than he is. Being too young, he gets most of his Pokemon from daddy. He could even have Johto Pokemon, maybe.

The way Blue goes throughout Kanto could also be rearranged: he could probably get the Silph Scope from the Rocket on Nugget Bridge, then be required to go through Lavender Tower before Celadon and whatnot. Then, when it comes to the Pokemon League, you (hopefully) defeat Red, but Prof. Oak, being the senile old man he is, signs up Red into the "Hall of Fame," while the REAL Pokemon League Coordinator comes to register you into the proper Hall of Fame.

Afterwards, you then become the Gym Leader, unlocking several high-end trainers to fight anytime for your pleasure, including trainers Gold and Silver (back for a rematch!).

Probably not very original, but that's something I wish I could do, and maybe someone else could use it for better purposes.
In my opinion, it's a nice idea. But making a game takes commitment, there is a lot of scripting, map making, trainer battles that you have to make. Though, playing as a Gym Leader is fun to most people.
So, still, in my opinion, It's a good idea.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Old May 8th, 2010, 08:53 AM
The Who?
What is THIS doing in my hat?!

Nao i haz n0 idea wut mah storyline should be. I not liek dis hack fing it very confusing =/ I fink i will stick to 3-d game design and not makin pokeman games. Goodbye to u all!
*kicks*

OWNT.
Old May 14th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Thunderstrike
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
I'm pretty new here, but I thought I'd throw out my idea anyway.

20 years ago, Team Galactic released a legendary pokemon in order to control the world. However, a child appeared to try to stop them. Seeming to follow in the footsteps of previous pokemon trainers in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn who had stopped evil, it was likely that he would succeed.

But, something went wrong.
The trainer was defeated, and the world fell under the control of Team Galactic. None could stop the power of the legendary pokemon.

Today, all of the gyms and the Elite 4 have been disbanded. You live in a small town which has only been slightly affected by the new world rulers.
Its been years since your father disappeared after a Galactic "investigation" group visited. Your mother tells you that your father worked for a resistance organization, and you want to follow in his footsteps.

So, your mother tells you of the location of a resistance base, the only information she knows about it. However, before you leave, she gives you one of three pokemon, left by your father.

Despite Team Galactic's rule with an iron fist over the world, certain resistances formed from underground organizations, led by none other than Team Rocket.
Yup, Giovanni leads the resistance. Although advanced in age by this point, he is still a very powerful trainer.

So, you begin your journey, joining Team Rocket and the resistance in order to avenge your father, and end Team Galactic's rule.

(I really wish I could hack my own games well)
Old May 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM
robert83wu
Beginning Trainer

You are a commander of an army of Kanto. And then after the intro u start with a battle with Johto. almost all the cities become ruined and u r successful in invading slowly into the region. there is going to be some epic plot that i don't have any idea, but at the end you fight the league in johto and the champion is actually the king of johto.
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:14 AM
banngr
Beginning Trainer

Nazi Germany

You play as Hitler. Himmler is the prof and gives you s choice of 3. As you play through the game beating gyms, you take the last gym leader you beat with you (eg. start of red you would take brock and double battle with misy and co.). This means that the whole game is based double battles. Once you have beaten the elite 8 (doubles), the whole game translates into german LOL

FC in Trainer Card (Top Right)
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:15 PM
darkslayr425
Beginning Trainer

Um that would have to use some non existent flag and you'd say by by to simple scripts (its still simple compared to other things but you'd need to know it at the start) what about getting warped all over the place to verses legendary pokemon who are trying to destroy the region etc its not well thought out (my one) and the scripting may be a bit though but oh well (ill use navel rock as the first base by editing the ho-oh and lugia and then making our own) by the way the first bit refers to Pokemon Axis
working on a sig what cnat you raed tihs i tinhk tihs is aameznig tihs wroks cuase the brain raeds wdors as a wohle not ltteer by ltteer and eevn if you cnat raed tihs you konw tahts taht. my haert glod is raelly bronig cuase . hay is taht, snffis, cohacalte, rnus off by the way the brain nedes the frist and lsat ltteer to be the smae as it is slpet porbprely and the rest in a mmulbe for tihs to wrok cohacalte.my muoth onho it was wroking for a bit.

workin on a rom hack PoKeMoN vOiD!!!! myabe not hmmmm mses up cmoe on

Last edited by darkslayr425; May 17th, 2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: forget to say who i was talking about
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:16 AM
dajman1996
Novice Turbo Duelist

Nature: Docile
So you can start off any region of the 4. You wake up watch T.V and a show called Pokemon Sunday is on and fortunatley the player loves Pokemon Sunday. After the show ends The Player goes outside and is told by their Mom to go to the Proffesors house for a surprise!

The Surprise turns out to be a Pokemon! You choose your starter of the region and your rival dashes in with a girl either May, Dawn, Lara and they both ask for a Pokemon. The Proffessor in a generous mood gives them Pokemon aswell, the girl runs off back home to tell her parents while the rival taunts you that he started to go out with the girl, and unfortunatley you still have a crush on her. Your rival challenges you and you battle him either winning or losing.

After you start your own Pokemon journey to become Champion and win your dream girls heart! But during that All the teams have teamed up and captured their desired legendaries and started to attack and the player leaps into action to stop their plans will the player succeed or let the Pokemon world down it's your choice
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:38 AM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by banngr View Post
Pokemon Axis.

Nazi Germany

You play as Hitler. Himmler is the prof and gives you s choice of 3. As you play through the game beating gyms, you take the last gym leader you beat with you (eg. start of red you would take brock and double battle with misy and co.). This means that the whole game is based double battles. Once you have beaten the elite 8 (doubles), the whole game translates into german LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayr425 View Post
Um that would have to use some non existent flag and you'd say by by to simple scripts (its still simple compared to other things but you'd need to know it at the start) what about getting warped all over the place to verses legendary pokemon who are trying to destroy the region etc its not well thought out (my one) and the scripting may be a bit though but oh well (ill use navel rock as the first base by editing the ho-oh and lugia and then making our own) by the way the first bit refers to Pokemon Axis
Without brining in darkslayr's point you've also got to bear in mind that possibly a pokemon game where you play as Hitler isn't going to be the best, or the most PC, in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajman1996 View Post
So you can start off any region of the 4. You wake up watch T.V and a show called Pokemon Sunday is on and fortunatley the player loves Pokemon Sunday. After the show ends The Player goes outside and is told by their Mom to go to the Proffesors house for a surprise!

The Surprise turns out to be a Pokemon! You choose your starter of the region and your rival dashes in with a girl either May, Dawn, Lara and they both ask for a Pokemon. The Proffessor in a generous mood gives them Pokemon aswell, the girl runs off back home to tell her parents while the rival taunts you that he started to go out with the girl, and unfortunatley you still have a crush on her. Your rival challenges you and you battle him either winning or losing.

After you start your own Pokemon journey to become Champion and win your dream girls heart! But during that All the teams have teamed up and captured their desired legendaries and started to attack and the player leaps into action to stop their plans will the player succeed or let the Pokemon world down it's your choice
It starts off hopeful in the glen of originality before sauntering carelessly in to the valley of cliche. Also plots that just go "legendaries galore" are usually the worst anyway (though still not as bad as playing as Hitler).

Old May 20th, 2010, 08:12 AM
banngr
Beginning Trainer

LOL...I know. I'm hoping you guessed that it wasn't the most serious idea for a storyline. I was just doing WWII at school and posted that for fun.

As for a sophisticated idea:

An extremely long game. Not sure if this would be humanly possible for times sake. Map based purely on Great Britain. you start of in you home town of Thame (little outside Oxford). You have a big brother/sister and they want to become champion like you. You have a choice of the Kanto starters and your brother/sister will choose better type poke as per usual. You go from town to city to town via motorway which are shortened bike paths (without the slope) with Bikey Gang and Cyclists and defeating gym leaders and trainers along the way. The evil team is Team Terrorist. They plan to steal pokemon and ransom them but you always thwart there plans.

Towns/Cities included (no particular geographical order):

Thame (Hometown)
Oxford
Reading
London
Liverpool
Manchester
Newcastle
Cardiff
Edinburgh

After you have travelled to these cities/towns, you surf to the isle of man, and take a trick route with many high leveled trainers and some rare pokemon (not legendaries...yet). At the end of this route (its basically victory road), you sail on the Queen Mary II which has lvl. 55is poke trainers of all sorts, and then you dock at Dublin and battle the British Quad. After this, legendaries are set free PURELY to complete you pokedex and have fun.

PS I know this is rubbishy because of the legendaries but I find that having them against Elite Four is boring first time.
PPS This is Kanto dex apart from having eggs of all pseudo-legendaries outside kanto (Larvitar, Bagon, Beldum snd Gible) collectable from certain NPC. Only one can be chosen before first battle against 'British Quad', and then others after each other time.
PPPS I know this sux.

=P

FC in Trainer Card (Top Right)
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:31 PM
TheChroniclesofLance
Beginning Trainer

Here are a couple of stories, free to anyone that wants to make the games

1. Pokemon Fight Club

Do you Know Tyler Durden?
You are having problems sleeping. In the very beginning (into) you go see this Professor who suggests that you go to his self-help group. There you determine what your spirit animal (pokemon) is. At the support group you meet up with a girl rival. She has the spirit animal that is weak to yours. You begin to have more problems not sleeping. So you leave the group. Outside, you meet your rival, TYLER DURDEN. He has a spirit animal that is strong against your type.
You hang out with Tyler, pitting your spirit animals against each other. You both start a Pokemon fighting ring in the basement of a building. Then all hell breaks loose. You find out that Tyler is organizing attacks against SILPH. It is up to you to stop him. Tyler has disappeared so you go around to a bunch of towns looking for him. you find that there are Fight clubs popping up all over the place in the basements of old buildings (gyms) you fight the top guys at these clubs (gym leaders) and try to find out where Tyler Durden is...
Spoiler:
At the end you fight the best fighters Tyler has put together (the Elite 4) and finally face off against TYLER Himself, but afterwards discover that YOU are Tyler Durden. You watch the skyscrapers of Saffron become a pile of rubble as the credits role.

-Pokemon Battles- Each trainer only has 1 pokemon- including all gym leaders and the Elite Four. You only get your starter,and cannot catch any pokemon at all, but your starter is very powerful (legendary in status when fully evolved) Trainer's pokemon are
therefore much harder and more powerful.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220574
My Main Hack: Pokemon: World Tour

Old May 21st, 2010, 06:19 AM
pachurisu88
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajman1996 View Post

it kinda seem like the main objective is to catch legendaries you have to make it a little more exciting where the little suspense?
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:24 PM
Breets
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
The game starts with you moving into your new house in the small town of Tanzan. You've just moved from Goldenrod with your mom and pet Eevee, and so you instantly miss the exciting big city life. Since Tanzan is a small farming town, you quickly become bored and crave the excitement you had back home.
Suddenly, your mom calls you downstairs. Apparently, there was a incident in the next town over, something about a group of shady individuals lurking around the mines. Seizing this opportunity for adventure, you and Eevee sneak out of town with another boy/girl who also craves excitement.

Unfortunately, as you begin to wander from town to town, you start to realize a dark secret about this new region. The shady individuals, who call themselves Team Rocket, seem to run the show from behind the scenes, manipulating people and Pokemon for profit. Even still, your new friend has gone missing. You fear that this group of criminals has kidnapped him/her for whatever reason, and you set off to rescue him/her and return the region to normal.

The game takes place at the same time as the events in Johto, where Team Rocket is trying to regroup. Apparently, in an effort to convince Giovanni to return, Team Rocket as a whole split off into two groups, one located in Johto and the other in this new region. However, whereas the group in Johto failed, this group succeeded in taking over the region.

There will be no gym leaders or Elite 4. Instead, the Rocket Executives on each of the 4 islands of the region will act as "boss" characters. There will still be gyms with trainers in them, but they will be optional places for raising up your Pokemon's levels.

Let me know what you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndahog View Post
Oh, my Tyranitar. So rocky, fat, love to hug it- even though it hurts me, EV trained, IV bred, cute, but packs a punch, loves his Choice Band, smart, amazing, you think so? Oops! Look at the time! I've kept you too long. Thanks for hearing me out. Here's a rare candy.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
My idea was you start in Moon Ville and you go out of your house and then you go to school and prof. oak gives you a pokemon
and a pokedex and then you battle some of your classmates. ( and then become a trainer and go battle gyms)
this is not a signature
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:59 AM
RogerRapid
Beginning Trainer

First of all, i have a brilliant story, written in a Word Document. It goes up to the Third Gym. I Have it all figured out how the story will continue. Unfortunatly i am not going to tell the whole story in one text. But here's a little preview:

Pokémon Legends – Tale of Emotions

Introduction:

5 years after the events of Team Rocket in the Johto Region new evil plans have been seen in the north of the Pokémon world. In the region of Otsu, which is located north of Johto and the Kanto regions, four legendary Pokémon are recently disappeared from their original places namely Lake Navy, Lake Ultramarine, Lake Denim and the Lake of Rage. The Pokémon fled because of a mysterious power caused by human technology. The humans are trying to catch legendary Pokémon to take control over the region Otsu and the entire universe. Besides , they are trying to catch the Legendary Pokémon. The villainous Team also takes part in smaller crimes like Pokémon robberies and Pokémon barters. Since then, no one knew who this group of people was but now their mysterious ways of catching Pokémon for bad deeds is beginning to take a critical form…
features:

- Town and Region names go by color: (Lake Denim, Apricot Town, Harlequin City)
- The 8 Gyms are not by type, but by another kind of STAT (f.e.: Baby Pkm, Heavy Pkm, Fast Pkm)
- Catch the 4 legendary pokemon (Gyarados, Celebi, Darkrai, Latias/Latios)
- Fight with pokemon from the 1st 2nd and 3rd generation

The next thing:

I am a supernoob when it comes to hacking. So my question: Is there anyone that knows how to do that and probaply is GOOD at it.

If you are interested in the complete story and you want to be part of something that might be a great hacking team, please respond.

Thank You so much for even reading the prologue! I appriciate!

PS: I'm Dutch, so my english typing may be not so good XD
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Firebreathing Ice Cube

Nature: Quirky
I've got an idea for a hack...

There's this new sinister team that wants eternal darkness so that they can gain monopoly over people's need of light. They start off by removing generators from buildings and such, but then their leader discovers the true power of the Dark Rayquaza to manipulate weather and make it so the sun would never shine again. You try to stop them as you go through your journey, but they eventually gain control over the Dark Rayquaza and you cannot stop them... yet. I don't want to say the rest of the story, but there it is. I hope this can be a springboard for a hack I really want to start :D
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:55 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebreathing Ice Cube View Post
I've got an idea for a hack...

There's this new sinister team that wants eternal darkness so that they can gain monopoly over people's need of light. They start off by removing generators from buildings and such, but then their leader discovers the true power of the Dark Rayquaza to manipulate weather and make it so the sun would never shine again. You try to stop them as you go through your journey, but they eventually gain control over the Dark Rayquaza and you cannot stop them... yet. I don't want to say the rest of the story, but there it is. I hope this can be a springboard for a hack I really want to start :D
Augh...it's an OK story, but you shouldn't use the whole "Dark Legendary" scenario, people don't really like that mostly because it's cliche. And also, I'm guessing that you have to either use regular Rayquaza, Light Rayquaza, or Kyogre and Groudon to stop it, and I encourage you not to use ANY of these because it would be extremely predictable, not making for much of a surprise.
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
TheChroniclesofLance
Beginning Trainer

story #1 idea

Pokemon World Tour-
You start out in a small suburb of Petalburg City in Hoenn. You're childhood friend (NAME) had to move away to Sinnoh.
Until now, you haven't been old enough to make the long journey all the way from Hoenn to Sinnoh. But now you are. You go to the Petalburg Gym to ask for a pokemon. Norman gives you some pokeballs and has one of his trainers take you out to the grass. Amazingly an extremely rare type of Pokemon appears and you are able to catch it.

You then set out for Rustboro City in order to get to the ferry in Fallarbor Town. A training session is being held by Roxanne outside town. You must defeat her in order to go on. You manage to defeat her and make it to Fallarbor town. A contest hall is here, which you can participate in while you wait for the ferry.

Finally the ferry arrives, and you board it. Crossing the waves that night you fall asleep. The next morning you wake and find that the ferry has arrived. Olivine City shines steelily at you. Outside of town your path is blocked by Jasmine who is trying to get help for her Steelix. She tells you about her grandmother in Cianwood City to the south and asks you if you could go get the medicine from her since Jasmine doesn't want to leave Steelix alone.

In Cianwood, the grandmother doesn't trust you and you must defeat her in a pokemon battle in order to get the medicine. Also of note in the area is the Safari Zone to the West. You take the medicine to Jasmine you asks you for a duel in order to check her Steelix. After your battle Jasmine announces Steelix is AOK. and head back to her gym.

To the north is a forest, where you espy the legendary pokemon Celebi, Team Rocket is trying to capture Celebi. To the east of the forest is Ecruteak City which is hosting its annual Burning Day festival. You don't want to be rude s o you head over to the tall building to wait for the parade to finish. The tower catches on fire, and three cat-like pokemon run out of the building. You decide to not stick around and get into any more trouble.
You make your way through the crowd to the front of the parade. The gym leader is leading it. (you two battle) He thinks you are an arsonist, but when you win, he apologizes and lets you through.

The path to Violet City is blocked, but you are able to get to Goldenrod City.
In Goldenrod, you discover that Alzalea is also unable to get to. You decide to buy a set of tickets. But in order to get these tickets you must convince Whitney to give them to you. tickets: Goldenrod--> Altomare City

You take the ferry to Altomare City where another festival is occuring. One of the Latios/Latias pair shows up. You are selected as Champion and must take care of the Latios/Latias

After this you board the ferry to the Sevii Orange Islands. Your First Stop, the island of Shamouti. (events similar to movie occur, but much more festival) You meet Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, and even Lugia.

The next place you go to is New Island where a master trainer is looking for trainers (actually Mewtwo) (pretty much 1st movie) Team Rocket again appears, this time along with Giovanni.
You manage to defeat Team Rocket and Mewtwo gives you a Masterball. He then escapes, heading North, team rocket following him. Later, you catch the ferry to Kanto, which takes you to Cinnabar Island. There Blaine and his neice Flannery are trying to prevent a devestating volcanic eruption from occuring. You help them by battling the pokemon that is causing the volcano to be active.

After this you can go north and visit the famous Pallet Town. then in viridian city you find out that Team Rocket has taken over the old abandoned Viridian City Gym. Geting closer to your goal you head north to Pewter Town and west to Cerulean.

In Cerulean Team Rocket is back and are busy building a tunnel connecting Sinnoh and Kanto in order to capture and sell the pokemon across borders. You put a stop to their operations, and just in time. At the end of the cave, you use Rock Smash and the tunnel breaks through into Sinnoh.

Old May 28th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstrike View Post
I'm pretty new here, but I thought I'd throw out my idea anyway.

20 years ago, Team Galactic released a legendary pokemon in order to control the world. However, a child appeared to try to stop them. Seeming to follow in the footsteps of previous pokemon trainers in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn who had stopped evil, it was likely that he would succeed.

But, something went wrong.
The trainer was defeated, and the world fell under the control of Team Galactic. None could stop the power of the legendary pokemon.

Today, all of the gyms and the Elite 4 have been disbanded. You live in a small town which has only been slightly affected by the new world rulers.
Its been years since your father disappeared after a Galactic "investigation" group visited. Your mother tells you that your father worked for a resistance organization, and you want to follow in his footsteps.

So, your mother tells you of the location of a resistance base, the only information she knows about it. However, before you leave, she gives you one of three pokemon, left by your father.

Despite Team Galactic's rule with an iron fist over the world, certain resistances formed from underground organizations, led by none other than Team Rocket.
Yup, Giovanni leads the resistance. Although advanced in age by this point, he is still a very powerful trainer.

So, you begin your journey, joining Team Rocket and the resistance in order to avenge your father, and end Team Galactic's rule.

(I really wish I could hack my own games well)
Sounds good...Team Rocket being the good guys is a neat idea. If done right, it could make the organization more complex, since so far they've been pretty ineffective and even pathetic as villians. But I'm wondering what their motive is. Is Team Rocket still organized crime? If so, why do they want to change the world order?

You could cut out the first bit, with the child trainer going up against Team Galactic. It's kind of silly. You make it sound like everyone expected the kid to win. Let's face it, 10-year-olds just don't have what it takes to save the world. Plus, it has no relation to the rest of the plot...unless said kid shows up later... Even then, he'd better not be viewed as a hero or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banngr View Post
Pokemon Axis.

Nazi Germany

I hope you're joking. No, of course you're joking. Hitler as a beginning Pokemon trainer makes no sense at all. You can't just translate Nazi Germany into a standard Pokemon game. It falls short of being funny. People would be all, "Huh? I'm playing as Hitler? Wtf?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breets View Post
The game starts with you moving into your new house in the small town of Tanzan. You've just moved from Goldenrod with your mom and pet Eevee, and so you instantly miss the exciting big city life. Since Tanzan is a small farming town, you quickly become bored and crave the excitement you had back home.
Suddenly, your mom calls you downstairs. Apparently, there was a incident in the next town over, something about a group of shady individuals lurking around the mines. Seizing this opportunity for adventure, you and Eevee sneak out of town with another boy/girl who also craves excitement.

Unfortunately, as you begin to wander from town to town, you start to realize a dark secret about this new region. The shady individuals, who call themselves Team Rocket, seem to run the show from behind the scenes, manipulating people and Pokemon for profit. Even still, your new friend has gone missing. You fear that this group of criminals has kidnapped him/her for whatever reason, and you set off to rescue him/her and return the region to normal.

The game takes place at the same time as the events in Johto, where Team Rocket is trying to regroup. Apparently, in an effort to convince Giovanni to return, Team Rocket as a whole split off into two groups, one located in Johto and the other in this new region. However, whereas the group in Johto failed, this group succeeded in taking over the region.

There will be no gym leaders or Elite 4. Instead, the Rocket Executives on each of the 4 islands of the region will act as "boss" characters. There will still be gyms with trainers in them, but they will be optional places for raising up your Pokemon's levels.

Let me know what you think!
Seems like there's some information missing. What's the connection between "sneaking off to the next town over" to "wandering all over the region"? It's a big shift. For the first, you just pack a lunch and you're back by nightfall. For the second, your mom is probably calling the police because she thinks you've run away.

It looks like you're using the kidnapping as a motive for the protagonist to go after Team Rocket. But you also want it to make logical sense. For instance, is there a good reason for the kidnapping? Why would Team Rocket kidnap a kid (assuming everyone's under 18) that has no connection to them? Let's see, kidnapping usually involves ransom or some kind of manipulation. Are the kid's parents wealthy? In government? There has to be some reason other than 'plot device'.

Team Rocket members as boss battles might work pretty well. I'd make more than four of them, though. If there's nothing but wild Pokemon battles between the bosses, it might get kind of boring.

I like the idea, overall. The devil is in the details, though. I'd love to see someone pull off a good 'Team Rocket has taken over the world!' hack that has a solid, engaging plot. Maybe it'll be you? :0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRapid View Post
Hey everyone!

First of all, i have a brilliant story, written in a Word Document. It goes up to the Third Gym. I Have it all figured out how the story will continue. Unfortunatly i am not going to tell the whole story in one text. But here's a little preview:

Pokémon Legends – Tale of Emotions

Introduction:

5 years after the events of Team Rocket in the Johto Region new evil plans have been seen in the north of the Pokémon world. In the region of Otsu, which is located north of Johto and the Kanto regions, four legendary Pokémon are recently disappeared from their original places namely Lake Navy, Lake Ultramarine, Lake Denim and the Lake of Rage. The Pokémon fled because of a mysterious power caused by human technology. The humans are trying to catch legendary Pokémon to take control over the region Otsu and the entire universe. Besides , they are trying to catch the Legendary Pokémon. The villainous Team also takes part in smaller crimes like Pokémon robberies and Pokémon barters. Since then, no one knew who this group of people was but now their mysterious ways of catching Pokémon for bad deeds is beginning to take a critical form…
features:

- Town and Region names go by color: (Lake Denim, Apricot Town, Harlequin City)
- The 8 Gyms are not by type, but by another kind of STAT (f.e.: Baby Pkm, Heavy Pkm, Fast Pkm)
- Catch the 4 legendary pokemon (Gyarados, Celebi, Darkrai, Latias/Latios)
- Fight with pokemon from the 1st 2nd and 3rd generation

The next thing:

I am a supernoob when it comes to hacking. So my question: Is there anyone that knows how to do that and probaply is GOOD at it.

If you are interested in the complete story and you want to be part of something that might be a great hacking team, please respond.

Thank You so much for even reading the prologue! I appriciate!

PS: I'm Dutch, so my english typing may be not so good XD
So...basically, an evil Team is trying to capture legendaries to Take Over The World, and the only one that can stop them is a 10-year-old novice trainer. It sounds a lot like the Ruby/Sapphire plot in which Team Magma/Aqua were trying to capture Groudon/Kyogre. In other words, it isn't super original, but it could work.

I'm noticing some logical inconsistencies. First, you suggest that catching legendaries is evil. So why is the protagonist allowed to catch them? Are 10-year-olds really more responsible than everyone else?

Okay, you might say, catching legendaries isn't bad in itself. But these people who are going after them are totally evil! So they could only use the power of legendaries for evil.

How do we know these people are evil? You mention robberies and Pokemon bartering (whatever that is). How does that relate to their larger goal of taking over the world? If I made an organization devoted to capturing legendaries, I wouldn't bother with minor things like robberies and what-not. Even organized crime doesn't involve itself with petty theft. It's not profitable.

When you have an Evil Team that engages in general villainy and has an absurdly complex plan to take over the world, they end up looking ineffective because you know they won't succeed. Just my two cents.

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea

Last edited by Rabbit; May 28th, 2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Again, I'm probably not going to use the storyline, but I might as well... give myself a stockpile in the case that my brain can understand number strings... which it can't, and is the reason I don't hack.

In Act I, you start out going under a normal pokemon journey in Johto, however as you go through, you find these nutjobs known as the Nightmare Sect. These people are rejects who are mutating pokemon, and combining them to make nightmarish abominations, in order to find the ultimate combinations to use, and help them take over the world. They start to get good at it, and create ones that stay alive for a while, albeit they are in everlasting pain (Reflected by the HP loss each turn) as they slowly degenerate.

In Act II the gym quest would become obsolete, and you're just racing to stop these guys from getting to their destination and getting pokemon. As it goes on, the effects that go on with the people get worse, culminating in the death of the Gym Leader: Blue (Green), and the complete takeover of Kanto by the syndicate, forcing you back to Johto.

In Act III, you're fighting to keep them out of Johto, until a break in their defense occurs. The Gym Leaders, Elite 4, and other powerful trainers, including you, use this break in order to attack at the stronghold with everything they got, leading you to Silph Co, and their ultimate combination, as well as untold amounts of members, and even the distrusting citizens of Kanto. Game ends after beating the leader and his hybrid pokemon.

Yes, a lot of scripting, and actually, it'd require a lot of stuff in general. I might actually get off my ass, attempt to learn how to Hex Edit, and try this. Highly doubt I'd be able to do it at all, but I'll try. Probably isn't the best story since I had to come up with part of this on the spot because I had to edit the Nightmare Sect's original plan, but I think it's pretty good.
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Breets
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Seems like there's some information missing. What's the connection between "sneaking off to the next town over" to "wandering all over the region"? It's a big shift. For the first, you just pack a lunch and you're back by nightfall. For the second, your mom is probably calling the police because she thinks you've run away.

It looks like you're using the kidnapping as a motive for the protagonist to go after Team Rocket. But you also want it to make logical sense. For instance, is there a good reason for the kidnapping? Why would Team Rocket kidnap a kid (assuming everyone's under 18) that has no connection to them? Let's see, kidnapping usually involves ransom or some kind of manipulation. Are the kid's parents wealthy? In government? There has to be some reason other than 'plot device'.

Team Rocket members as boss battles might work pretty well. I'd make more than four of them, though. If there's nothing but wild Pokemon battles between the bosses, it might get kind of boring.

I like the idea, overall. The devil is in the details, though. I'd love to see someone pull off a good 'Team Rocket has taken over the world!' hack that has a solid, engaging plot. Maybe it'll be you? :0
Ha, you're right about the sneaking away part! I guess I didn't think that through very well.
Now I'm at a loss on how the protagonist can sneak away without the mother calling the police. I was even thinking that you're sent to deliver a package to the next town and you get roped into the whole Team Rocket ordeal, but even then your mom would wonder why it's taking so long for you to return! Hm, maybe she does call the police and they do search for you, but some/all of them are working for Team Rocket? There's an idea...

As for the kidnapping, it could really go two ways. I'm not sure which is better or makes more sense.
1) The kid is important to Team Rocket. Maybe he threatened to report them to the authorities, and they had no choice but to kidnap him. I was originally thinking that they would brainwash him into joining the group, as they did to many other citizens of the region.
2) The kid really wasn't kidnapped at all. Once you realize that your friend is missing, you jump to the conclusion that he's been kidnapped and decide to go after Team Rocket to save him, when really he returned home safely and is waiting for you to do the same.

I'm glad that you like the overall idea! I'd probably make most of the game based on battling Team Rocket grunts/executives and their cohorts, with a few normal trainers here and there for variety. I could go for 2 execs per island, making 8 total.

Now the main problem is getting a team to help me work on this! I'm still new to scripting/mapping, but I'd love to make this idea a reality! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndahog View Post
Oh, my Tyranitar. So rocky, fat, love to hug it- even though it hurts me, EV trained, IV bred, cute, but packs a punch, loves his Choice Band, smart, amazing, you think so? Oops! Look at the time! I've kept you too long. Thanks for hearing me out. Here's a rare candy.

Last edited by Breets; May 29th, 2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old May 31st, 2010, 12:39 AM
/Circa
a face in the clouds.

Nature: Quiet
I have a lot of hacking experience, so this wont be tricky, but here we go.

You wake up from your sleep, in a strange but familiar place, you seem to think something is wrong. Moving down the stairway, you notice nothing but a table, and a note. You walk over to the note, and read the words it says. "Day 20: The transformation is complete, all memories have been lost". After reading this, you come to the shock realization you don't know who you are, and must enter a quest to discover your true meaning. When you walk outside, you notice nothing but bushland, and a small path leading away from it, as you walk over the path you see many Pokemon running around, and they seem to know you.. As you continue you come to a large city, with a sinister building sticking out, your quest to discover your identity begins.

Pokemon Ambience!
dragging himself, forw
ard again, the pain has
still not diminished. E
ventually though, he e
merges inside a v
ery large room w

here everything about

the house

suddenly

changes.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
This is for pokemon silverice, my hack of leafgreen.
You just moved to snowstorm town (your starting town)and your dad is going to register
you in the nearest school in route 80 (the first route). One of the professeurs (Prof. Oak)
lives in snowstorm town, too. But, fortunately, you don't have to go to school until tommorow.
So you're off for a pleasant stroll around route 80.
Before you can leave, though, your rival runs up to you and says that Prof. Oak wants
to see you in his house NOW!
So you go with your rival and Prof. Oak and he invites you to pick Oddish, Vulpix or Polywag. You pick one. Your rival (who admits that he too just moved here recently)
picks one too, and then you battle.
Now you go to route 80.
However someone (Team Thunder) set the school on fire, and everyone evacuated.
A teacher asks you to go to the pokemart at Silverspike city (The next city) to collect
Burn Heal for all the student's pokemon. Go do that and then Prof. Oak gives you a pokedex as a reward.

Then you're off to collect badges, beat the E4, etc.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 08:33 PM
TheChroniclesofLance
Beginning Trainer

probably nto going to do this myself but this movie and the game and go together PERFECTLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wd5K...ture=browsesub

Scott Pilgrim VS. The Pokemon World

7 evil exes---> gym leaders?
----> Twins? = double gym battle
----> League of evil exes-> Team Rocket?

sounds like a possibly very cool game

Old June 5th, 2010, 05:04 PM
DoomLucario
Scripter Needed

Nature: Impish
Pokemon ShadowStone

A thousand years ago there was a comflict between Arceus and Darkrai, the greatest battle since Groudon and Kyogre. To solve the problem, the four greatest trainers of the time, Lance, Drago, Minerva and Pike, locked up the two legendary pokemon in different sides of the Darkesonne region. They were both guarded by powerful wild pokemon, both to ensure that no one would harrm them and that they would never escape.

You are a boy or a girl living in Little Ville, your hometown. A rumor has recently been heard - That Darkrai is free, and that he is seeking Arceus so he can destroy him - in your hometown. Whowever has started this rumor has not been seen in the last month. Prof. Pike (the decendant of Dorian Pike, one of the four great trainers one thousand years ago) offers to give you a pokemon so you go out and see if these rumors are true. Near the next town, there is a sighting of Darkrai. You immediately go back to Prof. Pike and he gives you a pokedex and then you're an official trainer and catch pokemon and battle gyms, etc
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Pika_Pika_Chu
Beginning Trainer

Location: Brazil. yeah actually I'm LIVING here. I'm american >.<
Nature: Naughty
Pokémon Frozen Mercury

It's year 3001 in Earth and now its possible to travel to any planet or galaxy and arrive alive and safe. You decided to go to Mercury since not many people were visiting that planet now. Since you were the first person to visit it, you were trapped by Pokémons. They tried to warn you of a evil curse Pokémon that had frozen half Mercury. They decided to go with you, but only one can go. You have to choose beetween three Pokémon and defeat the eight frozen points Pokémon to go and defeat the evil curse Pokémon (wihout name by now...)... when you defeat it you can go back to Earth and play around.
^~^
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here