The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2010 (12:24 PM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
sweet! fighting is my favorite type sorry if i offended you guys by calling a couple wierd, but the the starters look much better now!
this game is very good
I understand you, and thanks fpr the compliment, I'm sure we will amaze you much more in the next days ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
Ooo, very nice.
Hmm, Tandor looks like its connected to another region.. any news on that?
And as Zephyr said, it is! Tandor is actually 2x bigger than a normal region, (about the size of Kanto + Johto) and that opens space for more pokemon, adventures and exploration, You will all know more about East Tandor later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
I'm liking the new graphics so far. Eletux also looks much better (less like a deformed Lanturn & more like a separate Pokemon).
(I used to like him before too =[) but I got your point, I agree it's much better, Zephyr is showing to be much better at spriting 80x80 sprites, that is really cool ^^.
Old April 25th, 2010 (05:58 AM).
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
i was playing the old demo today and i noticed how excelent the music was, your musician/composer did a very good job!
i like how you didn't use old music for everything
Old April 25th, 2010 (06:04 AM).
Heinze
~ Pixel Artist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Heinze
Whoa JV! That's Great!
I'm in the team Box 8D
**Just JV Can Understand this...
Véi, o cara do PC vem hoje e eu voltarei tipo uma maquina pra trabalhar, me sinto vagabundo e sem consolo por non ter te ajudado pelo meu PC quebrado, mas agora que o negócio vai voltar a funcionar ajudarei o Uranium para ir um pouco mais a frente.

Good Luck! o/

Old April 25th, 2010 (11:25 PM).
Melvern
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Melvern
Gooooooodddddddddd Game!! I finished the demo..
Found some bug. anyways my final party:
Jollux/Eletux lvl.23 Movetomp,Thundershock,Water Gun, Spark
Barewl/Barewl lvl.7 Move:Tackle,Harden,MudSlap,Rock Smash
Smore/Smore Lvl.9 Moveoison Sting,Stringshot,Scary face
Terlard/Terlard Lvl.22 Moveandattack,growl,Dig,Magnitude.

Great Game(PS.Wish LUck on ur game)
Old April 26th, 2010 (07:47 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
i was playing the old demo today and i noticed how excelent the music was, your musician/composer did a very good job!
i like how you didn't use old music for everything
Haha, I'm the composer and I'm glad you liked it! Expect many new remixes for the next demo =]. Also, don't forget to post your team here when you finish playing the old demo. That version isn't relevant to bug fix or graphical problem, but it is for balancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinze View Post
Whoa JV! That's Great!
I'm in the team Box 8D
Véi, o cara do PC vem hoje e eu voltarei tipo uma maquina pra trabalhar, me sinto vagabundo e sem consolo por non ter te ajudado pelo meu PC quebrado, mas agora que o negócio vai voltar a funcionar ajudarei o Uranium para ir um pouco mais a frente.

Good Luck! o/
Awesome man, I'm glad your computer is being fixed xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvern View Post
Gooooooodddddddddd Game!! I finished the demo..
Found some bug. anyways my final party:
Jollux/Eletux lvl.23 Move:Stomp,Thundershock,Water Gun, Spark
Barewl/Barewl lvl.7 Move:Tackle,Harden,MudSlap,Rock Smash
Smore/Smore Lvl.9 Move:Poison Sting,Stringshot,Scary face
Terlard/Terlard Lvl.22 Move:Sandattack,growl,Dig,Magnitude.

Great Game(PS.Wish LUck on ur game^^)
Haha thanks, good team btw. Also, expect no bug or something close to that in the new demo ^^.

I think we need a userbar or something of that kind, if anyone could do that would be awesome... We have many supporters out there but they can't show it because we don't have one =[.
Old April 26th, 2010 (08:42 AM).
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I can whip up a user bar in the next day or two . I lurk in this thread a lot haha, suppose I should at least come up with something for you guys.

Looking great btw

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old April 26th, 2010 (09:13 AM).
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
Do I get no credits for my Lil' rodent sprites? D:

Nah, don't worry JV. . This game is really shaping up beautifully. The wide range of place styles in the screenshots are gorgeous. Keep up the awesome work.
Old April 26th, 2010 (11:56 AM).
AceDragonite
Champion

oh whoops! here's my demo team
Lv. 19 Eletux
Lv. 20 Baashaun

Lv. 15 Barewl

ps what levels do Baashaun, Eletux and Barewl evolve at, i assumed one of them would reach evolution level
Old April 26th, 2010 (12:46 PM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
I can whip up a user bar in the next day or two :). I lurk in this thread a lot haha, suppose I should at least come up with something for you guys.

Looking great btw :)
Haha thanks, I'm looking forward to that ubar ;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceeman View Post
Do I get no credits for my Lil' rodent sprites? D:

Nah, don't worry JV. :P. This game is really shaping up beautifully. The wide range of place styles in the screenshots are gorgeous. Keep up the awesome work.
Man, I'm sorry =p. Actually I didn't put you there because I didn't knew if I would put you in the Team or in the Credits section.

Quote:
oh whoops! here's my demo team
Lv. 19 Eletux
Lv. 20 Baashaun

Lv. 15 Barewl

ps what levels do Baashaun, Eletux and Barewl evolve at, i assumed one of them would reach evolution level
Eletux evolves at lvl 27, Baashaun at lvl 22 and Barewl at 28. Baashaun is really close, but I think for the other two only in the next demo >.<.

By the way, following Neo's suggestion I changed a little bit the command box of the BS, what do you guys think of it =x? (Also showing the quality of the backsprites that Zephyr made xD)

Old April 26th, 2010 (02:21 PM). Edited April 26th, 2010 by Reashaun.
Reashaun
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
When I try to run the game i get ''RGSS Player has stopped working''
then it exits out D:
please help!?
EDIT-
Nvm i fixed it :D
Old April 27th, 2010 (11:08 AM).
AceDragonite
Champion

thanks oh and lovin the backsprites!
Old April 28th, 2010 (06:23 PM).
Darkraza
The shadow of the Skies

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinze View Post
I can too XD
(e ai tudo bem?)

This new revamp is awesome... I really liked uranium before... and its even better now!
I just find the male hero's hair when sideways weird looking... it doesnt make much sense when compared to the other sprites of him... besides that, uranium is looking great!
Old May 8th, 2010 (06:55 PM).
Fr0ZeN-LIgeR
recovering facebook addict

Nature: Adamant
with this new revamp does that mean that some of the old fakemon will be removed??

btw the new screenies look awesome and i hope to see a whole lot morein future :D

and the primape evolution looks epic!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old May 9th, 2010 (07:40 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reashaun View Post
When I try to run the game i get ''RGSS Player has stopped working''
then it exits out D:
please help!?
EDIT-
Nvm i fixed it :D
Cool =].

Quote:
thanks oh and lovin the backsprites!
Thx ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkraza View Post
I can too XD
(e ai tudo bem?)

This new revamp is awesome... I really liked uranium before... and its even better now!
I just find the male hero's hair when sideways weird looking... it doesnt make much sense when compared to the other sprites of him... besides that, uranium is looking great!
I see what you mean and I'll try to do something about it, also, thanks for the compliment ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0ZeN-LIgeR View Post
with this new revamp does that mean that some of the old fakemon will be removed??

btw the new screenies look awesome and i hope to see a whole lot morein future :D

and the primape evolution looks epic!!
So far any of them was removed, however some of them are getting a revamp on both sprite and design.

Well guys, later today I'll show you the first two gym leaders revamped (the ones from the demo) and also present the third one! I'm sure you will all like them =p. Also, just so you know, I plan on before releasing the big demo that would be the sequel to the current old one to release one that contains all the stuff in the first one but with everything revamped and polished up. There are only a few sprites and tiles missing mor that and also a bit of testing. What do you think of that?
Old May 9th, 2010 (09:01 AM).
Giovanni
Team Rocket Leader

Looks good so far, nice sprites!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 10th, 2010 (09:38 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Sorry everyone for not showing the gym leaders yesterday as I promised, I was totally busy... Anyways, thats not a problem because I'll show them to you right now!

Gym Leader: Maria
Pokémon: Normal/Beginner Pokémon

A young girl, actually an experienced trainer, that started a gym after getting pretty far in the regional championship last year.

Gym Leader: Davern
Pokémon: Cave

A man who has a fascination with spelunking and caves ever since he took refuge in one as a child. He carved out his gym himself.

Gym Leader: Cali
Pokémon: Beach

An energetic young girl in a swimsuit, the heartthrob of every boy (and some girls) in Bealbeach. She is a surfer and a lifeguard. She used to be afraid of the ocean and now uses her Pokémon to help people overcome that fear.

I hope you liked these three, I'm quite satisfied with their designs and bios, they fit West Tandor quite nicely. As you can see, there isn't an specified type for each gym, what sure gives an extra challenge to them ^^. Well, comment, make suggestion and tell me what you want to see next.Cya~
Old May 11th, 2010 (06:07 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

i like how the gym leaders aren't confined to one type-is cali going to be in the next demo?
Old May 13th, 2010 (03:44 PM).
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Nice little spin on the GL type setup; reminds me of the Orange Islands Leaders.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 29th, 2010 (01:45 PM). Edited May 29th, 2010 by SkyriderStas.
SkyriderStas
Trying to make a game. Help!!!

Nice graphics! I hope alot of people would like it!

I like it? hi
Old May 30th, 2010 (12:37 AM).
mr. ck
कुछ मीठा हो जाये

Looking at the screenies, not played the Demo:

Tandor region...? Reminds me too much of a Tandoor

I've been a fan of Uranium since a lot of time. Graphics are good... But the 3rd screenie, it looks a little weird... Those tiles need some work. Another weird thing is that the shadow under the protagonist is lighter than the road on which he is standing.

Also the CBS is ugh weird... Mainly the graphics of the "Fight, Run...etc" buttons.
Maybe it's only me, but the HP bar (only the green bar thing) does not contrast much with its background...
Old June 2nd, 2010 (05:14 AM).
gadesx
Beginning Trainer

I was defeated in the first route and then the menu don't work anymore.

about the music, its cool these "tribal" style with the pokemon tracks,
its will be better with a arrange in mp3. :p
Old June 4th, 2010 (05:10 PM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
i like how the gym leaders aren't confined to one type-is cali going to be in the next demo?
It depends on how long the demo will be. She will probably be in though ;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
Nice little spin on the GL type setup; reminds me of the Orange Islands Leaders.
I'm glad everyone is liking it xD. Yeah, I liked how it worked in OI too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyriderStas View Post
Nice graphics! I hope alot of people would like it!

I like it? hi
I guess a bunch of people already do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. ck View Post
Looking at the screenies, not played the Demo:

Tandor region...? Reminds me too much of a Tandoor :P

I've been a fan of Uranium since a lot of time. Graphics are good... But the 3rd screenie, it looks a little weird... Those tiles need some work. Another weird thing is that the shadow under the protagonist is lighter than the road on which he is standing.

Also the CBS is ugh weird... Mainly the graphics of the "Fight, Run...etc" buttons.
Maybe it's only me, but the HP bar (only the green bar thing) does not contrast much with its background...
Yeah, now that I see, I agree with you, those green light posts aren't really fitting the rest of the city. I'll solve the problem with the shadow too. About the CBS graphics, I think they're ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadesx View Post
I was defeated in the first route and then the menu don't work anymore.

about the music, its cool these "tribal" style with the pokemon tracks,
its will be better with a arrange in mp3. :p
Anyone never reported that =/. That demo is pretty old and pretty much all of it's bugs were solved. And as mentioned in the post, it's not supported anymore.

Since it has been some time since the last update, I'll be making a fakemon one, everyone loves to see them =p. I'll be showing how they looked before and how they are looking now. By the way, all of them were made by Zephyr+ ^^.

Owten, it hasn't changed much because it has been revamped already before the big change and is looking good enough ;]. Worth mentioning though.

Eshowten, that one sure changed a lot didn't it ;p?

Barewl, one of my favorite fakemon, I just love him. (He is manlier than ever =p)

Gararewl, another great revamp by Zeph, it's 1000x better than it was before.

Grozard, same case as Owten.

Terlard, he got a nice redesign as well, looks much better =].

I guess thats it for now, but there is still a lot for me to show to you guys, sprite-wise and game-wise as well. Post your thoughts on them please, feedback is always great, and expect more updates soon ;].
Old June 6th, 2010 (09:51 AM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

I really like this game, but the starters are very similar. The sprites are good but two are cats and all three are four legged. Other than that the game looks really good. I especially like the screen shot of the night, the way the lamps give off light adds a nice touch.
Old June 6th, 2010 (03:25 PM).
Zephyr+
Oripoke
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
I really like this game, but the starters are very similar. The sprites are good but two are cats and all three are four legged. Other than that the game looks really good. I especially like the screen shot of the night, the way the lamps give off light adds a nice touch.
We're aware that all the starters are quadrupeds; this is a remnant from the early days of the game, and they have stayed similar to their oldest designs (and names). Even though we would probably change them up had we restarted from scratch, we've grown attached to them and they are what they are. If you don't like the starter Pokemon, you don't have to have them on your team. That being said, I hope you find the designs visually appealing at least. :3
Old June 6th, 2010 (05:09 PM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr+ View Post
We're aware that all the starters are quadrupeds; this is a remnant from the early days of the game, and they have stayed similar to their oldest designs (and names). Even though we would probably change them up had we restarted from scratch, we've grown attached to them and they are what they are. If you don't like the starter Pokemon, you don't have to have them on your team. That being said, I hope you find the designs visually appealing at least. :3
I like the designs themselves don't get me wrong, I just found it odd seeing as most games have a mixture. Grozard is probably my favorite sprite, mostly because the outline is the smoothest. that's my only problem with the other ones, it brings down the quality on them.

Sponsored Links