The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #3801    
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:20 AM
PeregrineFig's Avatar
PeregrineFig
Starting Pokémon Obsidian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai Fox View Post
This next one has me completely stumped...

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x100000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x104
if 0x1 goto @question
msgbox @hello 0x6
setflag 0x104
goto @question

#org @question
checkflag 0x105
if 0x1 goto @welldone
lock
msgbox @fightornot 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no

#org @yes
trainerbattle 0x0 0x004 0x0 @choseyes @after
msgbox @youwon 0x6
givepokemon 0xF 0x8 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x105
preparemsg @gotpokemon
waitmsg
fanfare 0x13E
waitfanfare
msgbox @nickname MSG_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @nicknameyes
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @nicknameno
release
end

#org @welldone
msgbox @goodbye 0x6
release
end

#org @nicknameyes
call @special
end

#org @nicknameno
release
end

#org @special
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

#org @no
msgbox @choseno 0x6
release
end

#org @hello
= My name is Samurai.\nI once lived in Viridian Forest,\lgathering information on Beedrill\land catching them.\lNow I have retired here, and am\lwilling to give anyone who beats\lme one of the Beedrill I have\lcaught.

#org @fightornot
= My Beedrill is very tough, and I\ndon't recommend fighting it until\lyou have at least a full team of\lPokémon with you.\pDo you accept my challenge?

#org @choseno
= Come back when you think you are\nready.

#org @choseyes
= Then give me everything you've\ngot!

#org @after
= You beat me, unbelievable.

#org @youwon
= Congratulations, you beat me. You\nare a very tough trainer, and\ldeserving of one of my prized\lBeedrill. Here, take it.

#org @gotpokemon
= Congratulations, you earned a\nBeedrill for beating Samurai.

#org @goodbye
= Congratulations again on beating\nme and my Beequeen.

#org @nickname
= Do you want to give a nickname to\nyour new Beedrill?


When it gets to:
msgbox @fightornot 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no

In-game, if you choose yes it goes to no. So saying both yes and no sends the script to @no, saying "Come back when you are think you are read". I don't understand how choosing yes can send it to no when the script says the complete opposite :/

When I choose yes, I'm supposed to be sent to @yes and start that trainer battle.
I didn't even need to open the spoiler tag to spot your problem. You need to precede each of those if commands with a "compare 0x800D 0x1".
__________________
Current Projects:
POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
POKéMON OBSIDIAN

  #3802    
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Nikolai Fox's Avatar
Nikolai Fox
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Edit: Nevermind, just me being stupid. Thanks!
  #3803    
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:26 AM
PeregrineFig's Avatar
PeregrineFig
Starting Pokémon Obsidian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
You had:

msgbox @fightornot 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no

Instead, put:

msgbox @fightornot 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yes
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x0 goto @no

Naturally, if it doesn't look at any variable it automatically assumes its value is 0, which is why you always got no. 0x800D is the lastresult variable, so with those compare commands it tells the game to check whether or not the player said yes.
__________________
Current Projects:
POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
POKéMON OBSIDIAN

  #3804    
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Nikolai Fox's Avatar
Nikolai Fox
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Ok, fixed that, now I'm having a problem further down the script.

#org @yes
trainerbattle 0x0 0x004 0x0 @choseyes @after
msgbox @youwon 0x6
givepokemon 0xF 0x8 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x105
preparemsg @gotpokemon
waitmsg
fanfare 0x13E
waitfanfare
msgbox @nickname MSG_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @nicknameyes
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @nicknameno
release
end

After the battle, the script just ends. What do I need to have it carry on with the script, initiating the give pokemon part?
  #3805    
Old May 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Collen
I have returned.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai Fox View Post
Ok, fixed that, now I'm having a problem further down the script.

#org @yes
trainerbattle 0x0 0x004 0x0 @choseyes @after
msgbox @youwon 0x6
givepokemon 0xF 0x8 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x105
preparemsg @gotpokemon
waitmsg
fanfare 0x13E
waitfanfare
msgbox @nickname MSG_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @nicknameyes
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @nicknameno
release
end

After the battle, the script just ends. What do I need to have it carry on with the script, initiating the give pokemon part?
Change "trainerbattle 0x0" to "trainerbattle 0x1".
Make sure that the trainer and veiw radius boxes aren't filled in.
__________________

  #3806    
Old May 9th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Nikolai Fox's Avatar
Nikolai Fox
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
It was a script initiated event so I couldn't use 0x1. But 0x3 worked a treat (copied it from the vanilla Rival script on S.S.Anne). But thanks
  #3807    
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM
PeregrineFig's Avatar
PeregrineFig
Starting Pokémon Obsidian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
No, 0x0 is the one you can't use in a script-initiated event. 0x1 would work perfectly in an event run with a script, and should be exactly what you needed. If 0x3 worked too, though, then no harm done, obviously.
__________________
Current Projects:
POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
POKéMON OBSIDIAN

  #3808    
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Collen
I have returned.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I'm having yet another problem.

In this one, your rival doesn't move, so it appears that you are talking to nobody.

Spoiler:
'---------------
#org 0x8066D1
checkflag 0x910
if 0x1 goto 0x609102B
applymovement 0x2 0x8806713
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880672F
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8806732 MSG_NORMAL '"Thump! [blue_fr]Huh?! Oh... It's y..."
trainerbattle 0x1 0x146 0x0 0x88067DC 0x88067FF 0x8806829
end

'---------------
#org 0x806829
msgbox 0x8806844 MSG_NORMAL '"[rival]: Huh? What item? I'll tell..."
applymovement 0x2 0x8806882
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x2
setflag 0x910
release
end


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x806732
= Thump! [blue_fr]Huh?! Oh... It's you!\nYou don't remember me?\lI'm [rival]!\p[rival]: At Pokémon School we\lwere rivals!\l[rival]: I always beat you!\p[rival]: Huh? You say you got better?\lYeah, right.

#org 0x8067DC
= You'll have to prove that to me!

#org 0x8067FF
= Snorunt... I'll find that item for you.

#org 0x806844
= [rival]: Huh? What item? I'll tell ya when\nI find it!\pEpic exit!


'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x806713
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x1 'Face Up
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80672F
#raw 0x0 'Face Down
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x806882
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


What am I doing wrong?!
__________________

  #3809    
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Metroid_die
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Gender: Male
Ok here's my problem.

The script works fine and everything, however, when I go to the options to change the text speed, my player suddenly takes control of the sprite. It is completely random but I really need an answer to this.

Here's the compiled script: (I took out faceplayer so that he would continue to look out over the water as he said this)

'---------------
#org 0x8000AF
lock
msgbox 0x88000BC 0x6 '"Ahh the sea...\pIt's so calm and b..."
release
end


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8000BC
= Ahh the sea...\pIt's so calm and beautiful.


I'm really new to this, so if anyone could help me I'd be thankful.
  #3810    
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Magic's Avatar
Magic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroid_die View Post
Ok here's my problem.

The script works fine and everything, however, when I go to the options to change the text speed, my player suddenly takes control of the sprite. It is completely random but I really need an answer to this.

Here's the compiled script: (I took out faceplayer so that he would continue to look out over the water as he said this)

'---------------
#org 0x8000AF
lock
msgbox 0x88000BC 0x6 '"Ahh the sea...\pIt's so calm and b..."
release
end


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8000BC
= Ahh the sea...\pIt's so calm and beautiful.


I'm really new to this, so if anyone could help me I'd be thankful.
Sounds like a 'look down' glitch not a scripting problem, change the sprite's movement to 'no movement' and test again.

---


Collen

Is the sprite hidden? If so you need to show the sprite.
__________________
  #3811    
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Nikolai Fox's Avatar
Nikolai Fox
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Metroid Die.

On the drop-down menu where you choose that person's OW, there are two "look down"s in the list. You want to make sure you use the first one on the list, as the second one causes this glitch.
  #3812    
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Collen
I have returned.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Sounds like a 'look down' glitch not a scripting problem, change the sprite's movement to 'no movement' and test again.

---


Collen

Is the sprite hidden? If so you need to show the sprite.
It's not supposed to be.

Am I supposed to uncheck the "active sprite" box?

He's there... He just doesn't move.
The applymovement code isn't working.
__________________

  #3813    
Old May 11th, 2010, 04:57 AM
metapod23's Avatar
metapod23
Hardened Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collen View Post
It's not supposed to be.

Am I supposed to uncheck the "active sprite" box?

He's there... He just doesn't move.
The applymovement code isn't working.
Try checking to see if any other sprites on the map have the same person ID #. Try changing the person ID # of the sprite you want to move and changing it in the script as well. Try deleting the sprite you want to move and reinserting it.
__________________
  #3814    
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Metroid Die
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks for the help guys, fixed the problem.

However, I have another question.

As soon as I get past the second text box, the script stops working...

#dynamic 0x800D65
#org @start
checkflag 0x323
if 0x1 goto @fine
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x05 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move2
release
end
#org @fine
release
end
#org @1
= Hey, wait up!
#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE
#org @2
= I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to\nmeet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me\nto find you.\pHere, follow me.
#org @move2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

The script isn't finished yet but I can't fins a solution to the problem >.>

You guys have been a help so far, so thank you.

I'm still trying to get the hang of scripting
  #3815    
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Well you forgot waitmovement 0x0 after applymovement 0xFF @move2 that's why it isn't working =)
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #3816    
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Metroid Die
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Well you forgot waitmovement 0x0 after applymovement 0xFF @move2 that's why it isn't working =)
Thanks so much! Got it to work :D
  #3817    
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Collen
I have returned.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
Try checking to see if any other sprites on the map have the same person ID #. Try changing the person ID # of the sprite you want to move and changing it in the script as well. Try deleting the sprite you want to move and reinserting it.
I found out the problem.
The sprite was offscreen.
Now I need noobish help.

When the script is finished, your rival walks off and disappears, but when you reload the map (exit and enter) he's there again. How do I make him disappear forever? I set the person ID as 910, by the way.
__________________

  #3818    
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collen View Post
I found out the problem.
The sprite was offscreen.
Now I need noobish help.

When the script is finished, your rival walks off and disappears, but when you reload the map (exit and enter) he's there again. How do I make him disappear forever? I set the person ID as 910, by the way.
In your script, remove the setflag 0x910. Just set the person ID and it'll be fine. :D
__________________
  #3819    
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:26 AM
pokev's Avatar
pokev
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sinnoh
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokev
Hi,
I am using XSE on a Fire Red Rom and I was wondering how to go about creating an out of battle evolution sort of thing. I would like the event to happen in a way like when I talk to an NPC my Bulbasaur evolves into Ivysaur. I imagine this would be done with asm or at least by copying the exact pokemon data in the script but changing the species. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Thank You
  #3820    
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Metroid Die
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Hey, me once again.

Sorry If I'm a nuisance, but I can't find tutorials to my questions anywhere...

Alright, my problem is this: My script is set on the square right outside a door (your house when you start in it). However, when I leave my house, I want the script to trigger, but it doesn't work unless I walk away and then walk back on the square.

Also, a quick question, how do you script a sprite and/or the player enter a building through a door?

#dynamic 0x800D65
#org @start
checkflag 0x323
if 0x1 goto @fine
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x0FF @fce
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x05 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move3
waitmovement 0x0
release
end
#org @fine
release
end
#org @1
= Hey, wait up!
#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE
#org @2
= I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to\nmeet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me\nto find you.\pHere, follow me.
#org @move2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE
#org @move3
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE
#org @fce
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE

If any of you guys could help me out, once again I'd be so happy
  #3821    
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Teh Blazer's Avatar
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I have a simple and probably noobish problem: The text won't go to the next line. It would be on one line, run over, and read the /n and /l's! The comands are actually in the words! What am I doing wrong?

Spoiler:
'---------------
#org 0x1655ED
lockall
setvar 0x4001 0x0
goto 0x8165605

'---------------
#org 0x165605
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x2
special 0x174
textcolor 0x0
pause 0x1E
playsong 0x12E 0x0
preparemsg 0x817D72C '"Hey kid! Get to/nyour school!"
waitmsg
pause 0x55
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0xFF 0x81A75ED
waitmovement 0x0
sound 0x15
applymovement 0xFF 0x81A75DB
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x1E
showsprite 0x3
compare 0x4001 0x0
if 0x1 call 0x81656B8
compare 0x4001 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81656C3
pause 0x1E
msgbox 0x817D74A 0x4 '"Don't you know/nthat today is your..."
closeonkeypress
pause 0x1E
compare 0x4001 0x0
if 0x1 call 0x81656CE
compare 0x4001 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81656E0
setdooropened 0x10 0xD
doorchange
applymovement 0x3 0x816572E
applymovement 0xFF 0x8165758
waitmovement 0x0
setdoorclosed 0x10 0xD
doorchange
setvar 0x4055 0x1
clearflag 0x2B
setvar 0x4050 0x1
setflag 0x2C
setflag 0x4001
warp 0x4 0x3 0xFF 0x6 0xC
waitstate
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x1656B8
applymovement 0x3 0x81656F2
waitmovement 0x0
return

'---------------
#org 0x1656C3
applymovement 0x3 0x81656FB
waitmovement 0x0
return

'---------------
#org 0x1656CE
applymovement 0x3 0x8165705
applymovement 0xFF 0x8165731
waitmovement 0x0
return

'---------------
#org 0x1656E0
applymovement 0x3 0x8165719
applymovement 0xFF 0x8165744
waitmovement 0x0
return


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x17D72C
= Hey kid! Get to/nyour school!

#org 0x17D74A
= Don't you know/nthat today is your/ltesting day for your/lTrainer's License? You/lhave to pass to/lbe a Pokémon Trainer!


'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x1A75ED
#raw 0x2D 'Face Down (Delayed)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1A75DB
#raw 0x62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x16572E
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x60 'Hide
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x165758
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x60 'Hide
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1656F2
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1656FB
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x165705
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x2E 'Face Up (Delayed)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x165731
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x165719
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x2E 'Face Up (Delayed)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x165744
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
__________________
Coming soon...
  #3822    
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Magic's Avatar
Magic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
I have a simple and probably noobish problem: The text won't go to the next line. It would be on one line, run over, and read the /n and /l's! The comands are actually in the words! What am I doing wrong?

Spoiler:
'---------------
#org 0x1655ED
lockall
setvar 0x4001 0x0
goto 0x8165605

'---------------
#org 0x165605
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x2
special 0x174
textcolor 0x0
pause 0x1E
playsong 0x12E 0x0
preparemsg 0x817D72C '"Hey kid! Get to/nyour school!"
waitmsg
pause 0x55
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0xFF 0x81A75ED
waitmovement 0x0
sound 0x15
applymovement 0xFF 0x81A75DB
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x1E
showsprite 0x3
compare 0x4001 0x0
if 0x1 call 0x81656B8
compare 0x4001 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81656C3
pause 0x1E
msgbox 0x817D74A 0x4 '"Don't you know/nthat today is your..."
closeonkeypress
pause 0x1E
compare 0x4001 0x0
if 0x1 call 0x81656CE
compare 0x4001 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81656E0
setdooropened 0x10 0xD
doorchange
applymovement 0x3 0x816572E
applymovement 0xFF 0x8165758
waitmovement 0x0
setdoorclosed 0x10 0xD
doorchange
setvar 0x4055 0x1
clearflag 0x2B
setvar 0x4050 0x1
setflag 0x2C
setflag 0x4001
warp 0x4 0x3 0xFF 0x6 0xC
waitstate
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x1656B8
applymovement 0x3 0x81656F2
waitmovement 0x0
return

'---------------
#org 0x1656C3
applymovement 0x3 0x81656FB
waitmovement 0x0
return

'---------------
#org 0x1656CE
applymovement 0x3 0x8165705
applymovement 0xFF 0x8165731
waitmovement 0x0
return

'---------------
#org 0x1656E0
applymovement 0x3 0x8165719
applymovement 0xFF 0x8165744
waitmovement 0x0
return


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x17D72C
= Hey kid! Get to/nyour school!

#org 0x17D74A
= Don't you know/nthat today is your/ltesting day for your/lTrainer's License? You/lhave to pass to/lbe a Pokémon Trainer!


'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x1A75ED
#raw 0x2D 'Face Down (Delayed)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1A75DB
#raw 0x62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x16572E
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x60 'Hide
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x165758
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x60 'Hide
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1656F2
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1656FB
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x165705
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x2E 'Face Up (Delayed)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x165731
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x165719
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x2E 'Face Up (Delayed)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x165744
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
You want \ not / >< a simple mistake


@metroid die

You need a level script if you want something to happen as soon as you walk out the door.

@pokev

Yep ASM is needed and as far as I know nobody has a trigger evolution coding yet.
__________________
  #3823    
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Nikolai Fox's Avatar
Nikolai Fox
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Hey. I'm using the Fire Red Hacked Engine and I have two questions:

1. How do you use the Pokémon Center script? I can make a custom heal script, but I can't get it so you go to a Pokémon Center when you die, instead you end up in map 0.0. I tried copying the level scripts from a Pokémon Center in vanilla Fire Red, but nothing :/

2. How exactly do you use the Wild Pokémon level editor? Here's the script I used:
#dynamic 0x100000
#org @start
setvar 0x4051 0x202
release
end

According to the instruction manual, (i think) this should make it so wild pokemon will be the same level as my strongest pokemon + 2 levels, but nothing happens whether i put it in a level script or a floor script :/
  #3824    
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:54 AM
PeregrineFig's Avatar
PeregrineFig
Starting Pokémon Obsidian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai Fox View Post
Hey. I'm using the Fire Red Hacked Engine and I have two questions:

1. How do you use the Pokémon Center script? I can make a custom heal script, but I can't get it so you go to a Pokémon Center when you die, instead you end up in map 0.0. I tried copying the level scripts from a Pokémon Center in vanilla Fire Red, but nothing :/

2. How exactly do you use the Wild Pokémon level editor? Here's the script I used:
#dynamic 0x100000
#org @start
setvar 0x4051 0x202
release
end

According to the instruction manual, (i think) this should make it so wild pokemon will be the same level as my strongest pokemon + 2 levels, but nothing happens whether i put it in a level script or a floor script :/
For your first question, set a certain variable to the map number and bank, but I forgot which variable or the format for the value :/ Just find the info about pokemon center changes in the engine's instruction manual, it's in there. You're going to need to tweak the healing scripts to add the setvariable command in when you talk to the nurse.
__________________
Current Projects:
POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
POKéMON OBSIDIAN

  #3825    
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:50 PM
pokemon1412's Avatar
pokemon1412
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Gender:
Nature: Calm
I have little problem with playing specific sound for trainer battle...

does anyone know how to use specific battle song in trainer battle...?

I can change wildbattle song, but trainerbattle... i cannot...

wildbattle, just like this (using pokemon emerald rom):

Spoiler:

#org 0xA00000
checksound
cry 0x199 0x2
pause 0x28
waitcry
setvar 0x8004 0x199 // Jirachi
setvar 0x8005 0x5 // lv 5
setvar 0x8006 0x0 // item none
special 0x1E2
setflag 0x8C1
special 0x139
playsong 0x1C8 0x27 //playing specific music while battle with pokemon
clearflag 0x8C1
setflag 0x1428
pause 0xA0
hidesprite LASTTALKED
fadescreen 0x2
end
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.