The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 8th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
The start of an awesome two-parter.

And I overslept it.
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
I have to admit, this was a pretty out there, pretty funny episode. I feel for Dawn's Piplup though, being the victim of every failed Draco Meteor that Gible was spitting out. It seems that Gible has a tendency to like biting things, especially Ash's head.

I want that Altaria! It knows Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Draco Meteor! Do you even know how much potential it has for Contests and Gym Battles?

Brock having to carry Grandma Wilma, lol.

What a twist! Ash's Staraptor got captured!

Gible, the cute yet very dangerous land shark...Gotta love it.

I really would like for Ash and Dawn to not use the same moves it always uses (Pikachu, use Thunderbolt! And Piplup, use Bubblebeam!) It gets really old after awhile. They need to vary it up.

8.5/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Weatherman, Kiyoshi
~Having one of THOSE days

Nature: Jolly
I loved the Piplup being recked by the Draco Meteors. X3

and That Altaria is pretty dang useful- I wonder who actually owns it? If it's Paul's, I'm going to kill him.

Brock and Wilma ride FTW.

Overall, a pretty decent episode from the slight snoozefest of the last episode.
Even though I did like Zoey having a Kirlia.

super epic credit to Cilerba and Calis for OW Bases,
make sure you check them out as well!
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Flare Riqueza
Trainer

Nature: Lonely
I've not watched the whole thing yet (UK means I have to wait for it to be put online).

However, I like it for one reason....

PIPLUP GOT PWNED!!

Seriously, it's an insult to Piplups everywhere, I'm glad Gible seems to have a grudge against it-we have something in common.

Also, Altaria are awesome, as I had one on my first Emerald file...so....:D
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I really liked how Draco Meteor was animated. It would be interesting to see how it would be handled in a packed stadium in the Pokémon League or something. Meteors just raining down and hurting some random folk. That'd be funny. Old lady Wilma was pretty cool too. Old woman talk is usually funny on televison. Not really. Anyway, I really liked this episode and I'm pretty excited for the next episode only because it's the season finale. (Shoot, I stared at "Finale" for too long.)
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:53 PM
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
Piplup had it coming xDD, anyways it was an alright episode. I liked Altaria's appearence in the episode, it reminded me of the hoenn saga. I think Gible has some problems xDD, it was kinda weird seeing it act like that. Then again it is a cartoon lol.
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
This episode was fun.

Gible is a very determined Pokémon, but he lacks personality. :< I like it though, it makes it amusing. Piplup being targeted all the time is also quite interesting. How it tries to dodge it, then it's facial expression after being hit is priceless. I think it's a new start to something amazing (since Brock's love over women got old a long time ago).

Altaria's Draco Meteor makes such a beautiful appeal for contests. Too bad Dawn didn't have a Pokémon like that. Oh wait...
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:42 PM
DonRoyale
Get on my choppa!

Nature: Adamant
Spoiler:
If you think this is the last time Piplup will get owned, you are in for quite a treat :3

Gible's voice annoys me somewhat. But I like how the episode was handled overall.

I'm going to have to get used to that voice, though...Ugh.
Old May 10th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
Yay!
Ash needed a Dragon-type and this Gible fits the bill nicely.
And I think Gible is the writers saying that they've had enough of Piplup too.

Hey, did anyone notice that Brock said he had a Pokegear?
Hooray for Johto!
Old May 10th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
I do have to say this: It made me, a 21 year old, laugh. Hysterically. XD

So that's good. Hasn't happened in ages. And I loved Dawn's expressions this episode, XD

Old May 10th, 2010, 02:57 AM
*Charizard*
Velocity

Nature: Adamant
I have to say it was a pretty good episode to be honest. I laughed when Gible's Draco Meteor kept hitting Piplup haha

CLICK THE POKEMON EGGS PLEASE!

GPXPLUS PARTY PAGE
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Masquerainisthajam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablerie View Post
Hey, did anyone notice that Brock said he had a Pokegear?
Hooray for Johto!
Yeah, he got a PokeGear from when they met Lyra ("Hey Dane!") and Khoury from the Johto festival.

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

^ I'm shocked that he kept using it past the first episode after Lyra and Khoury left.
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Thorns
Trainer

And to thin kGible is going use god damn Draco Meteor on piplup in every darn future. Sorry if I spoiled, but its happening.
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
And to thin kGible is going use god damn Draco Meteor on piplup in every darn future. Sorry if I spoiled, but its happening.
...(I like the amusement of it now), but like other things it'll probably get old really fast for some viewers, although, at least it won't be as old as Brock trying to flirt with almost every girl he sees. :\
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Ooh, I'm a week late XD Liked the animation and the facial expressions this episode ~

- Gible is doing the same as Turtwig did...
- Hmm...animatiom looks good this episode. Dawn looks pretty and James looks good
- Crazy Kanto running theme :D
- 10 year olds climbing up the side of a cliff...
- Haha, gotta laugh when that Draco Meteor explodes on Piplup...even though I hate this running gag because it gives Piplup more screentime
- "Date Rape Town" o.O
Old May 16th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Masquerainisthajam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
- "Date Rape Town" o.O
I think you mean "Daybreak Town", lol.

Old June 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
This episode was hilarious. It's not very often that I actually laugh out loud when watching Pokemon! The awesome animation and expressions definitely helped.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here