• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Hacking Next Gen...

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Your little wrong the 4th gen games are allready been hacked but hack is not based on DS games its for pokemon GBA Games like ruby and fire red and the hacks pokelight platinum and all other

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Everyone in this community are like serious noobs. No one is a hacker if they use tools. Stop waiting and go hack somestuff. See what mewthree9000 has to say to all of you. I agree with him. follow this link.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=214546&page=2
LOL
fail dude.
learn how to say your own words, then maybe people will actually listen to you. and also, posting the same god dang thing on two different threads (Btw, why do we have two of these threads? just a thought...) is really a bad idea, and makes you look dumber than a box of rocks. idk, maybe thats just me, but i doubt that.
Yeah from the new looks of Black and white it will without a doubt be much tougher to hack.
I agree with this.
It's kinda weird having the 5th Generation on the Nintendo DS, since the Nintendo DS will might be the first handheld in history to ever have two generations on it.
If it's gonna be on the Nintendo DS... then that would mean... all the model layouts and all that will be the same. And they will use both overworld and battle sprites once again. If only they announced the Nintendo codename 3DS at last E3. Or what if they have actually announced the 5th Generation too soon?

But anyways, I'm sure all the mapping style will be exactly the same as the 4th generation. No difference whatsoever, which kinda sucks really, I was expecting more from them.
I kinda wish I was a programmer, that way I would be able to create my first 4th and 5th Generation map editor.

EDIT: If it really was on the 3DS... Pokémon Sunday would have no choice but to leak the info and the looks of the Nintendo 3DS. And I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't want that.

Ok...have you even seen the screenshots of b/w?
THERE IS NO EFFIN WAY that the mapping is gonna be close. If it is....idk, maybe i'll chew on my hat, but i say with about 80% sureness, that the mapping is gonna be different.

Poryhack

March 14th
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010

Ok...have you even seen the screenshots of b/w?
THERE IS NO EFFIN WAY that the mapping is gonna be close. If it is....idk, maybe i'll chew on my hat, but i say with about 80% sureness, that the mapping is gonna be different.
Dissimilar as they may look, this guy is mostly right (even if it's for the wrong reasons). 3D file formats for the DS are standardized and almost all games made for the DS will use roughly the same formats for 3D and certain other materials.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
hm...i guess if mewthree was able to edit with 3ds max....it would stand to reason that the 3D objects are the same, but what about the actual maps themselves? because from the looks of the city, you actually go in a circle-ish thing....(as opposed to just walking in a circle; walking strait will still make you turn, as you would in real-life, only more dramatic difference)
but hey, this is beyond my expertise (begins looking at hat, salivating)

Years
This thread seems kinda old but still over half of 2013 is over and we still don't have a map editor. But what I believe is that once we finish 4th gen then it will be easier to make hacking tools for 5th gen. But I dunno if they're will be hacking tools for 6th gen due to the fact it will be for 3ds but if we cannot make rom hacking tools for 6th gen then we have to move everyone to the growing Pokémon Essentials system. Atomic Reactor seems to have the main focus on youtube for Essentialing as they call it. But I do have to admit essentialing is much easyer to make events for but you can only play it on your pc.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
This thread seems kinda old but still over half of 2013 is over and we still don't have a map editor. But what I believe is that once we finish 4th gen then it will be easier to make hacking tools for 5th gen. But I dunno if they're will be hacking tools for 6th gen due to the fact it will be for 3ds but if we cannot make rom hacking tools for 6th gen then we have to move everyone to the growing Pokémon Essentials system. Atomic Reactor seems to have the main focus on youtube for Essentialing as they call it. But I do have to admit essentialing is much easyer to make events for but you can only play it on your pc.

We have a map editor since 2012 my friend...
look in the toolbox : Spiky's DS map editor.

Back