The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 18th, 2010, 03:37 PM
RyanGT
Forum Elder

Nature: Quiet
I haven't been disappointed with any of the generations so far, I don't expect that to change now.
Old May 18th, 2010, 04:22 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

I'd not play pokemon for 3-4 years.
Old May 18th, 2010, 05:26 PM
StrickeN
The mighty force will Strike

I don't get why people hated D/P/Pt or R/S/E.

I liked them. The only thing I disliked about D/P/Pt was that it seemed to be a recycled story with more childish plot. But overall it was pretty damn cool.

B/W/ w.e will probably be on of their best, if what I"m seeing can be based on level of depth in the game. But who knows.

Either way, I don't see it killing my thrill for Pokes. I'm 17 and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Heck, I even got half my school back into playing some of the classics, as I sit here playing FR (no it'snot a classic but w/e)

Pokemon is cool in a total. Lets just hope to god, they give Mew some life in it <3.

mew ftw, forever \o/

-I really don't get enough VMs D: show me som luv peeps.

Old May 18th, 2010, 05:34 PM
chikorita125
^ ment to be Happy Azumarill

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chikorita125 Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita125
i only started playing when D/P come out and i didn't hate them, they were ok.
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Bamboo Basara
Pokemon Historian

Nature: Gentle
All I care about is being able to catch, train and battle with Pokemon. It would be almost impossible for them to make me hate a game if I can still do that.
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Thunderpunch
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
I'm sure it's going to have alot of new features that will draw in fans. Remember, Gen 2 added 2 new types and breeding, Gen 3 added double battles, and Gen 4 added online play. I don't think Nintendo will disappoint us.

Old May 19th, 2010, 05:13 AM
myrrh25
New account soon.

Nature: Naive
I don't see why everyone hates RSE.
The Hoenn series was pretty much the best, most creative series in there. Whoever came up with the Dive and Braille Code ideas should be made Executive Designer of B&W. Also, each game had their own enemy team, Team Aqua & Team Magma, I for one saw creative awesomeness in this.

HOENN NEEDS MORE LOVE

If B&W are anything like the Hoenn series, I will buy both of them, and the 3rd game.
If B&W are anything like the Sinnoh series, I will shoot somebody.
So I hope they don't blow, judging by the starters 2/3 are the coolest ones yet. Water one is a Bidoof standing up.
Roster:
[TNS] Met388: In charge of strategy and typing.
[TNS] Bulletkid99: In charge of rising art of stalling.
[TNS] Myrrh25: In charge of the dying art of offense.

Old May 19th, 2010, 07:41 AM
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
All gens have their good and their bad. Overall I expect Gen 5 to be awesome, and maybe even superior to Gen 4 (my favorite gen). Whether the game bombs or not will just be a matter of personal opinion. We all know that they will definitely sell well so it selling few copies is out of the question. Some people will like it, and some will hate it. I can see a lot of people coming on PC though saying how the pokemon were poorly designed in gen 5 and blah blah blah.

Some people just hold Nintendo to a standard so high that they can never truly be satisfied. Personally I don't consider myself too picky. Really all I ask for is a large region with plenty of features and things to before and after beating the main story and good pokemon. This is what pokemon really is about, the other stuff is just added perks that we've gotten over the years (though they're nice too ).
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:08 AM
nkedwards90
As in notebook of chickens?

Nature: Careful
In correct order:

*scream*
*bash head into wall*
*HOSPITAL*
(Three Days Later)
*Plays Soulsilver and patiently waits for new Pokemon game*
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:21 AM
ILoveDragonite
~~Do the wave~~

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by pong08 View Post
you mean if it has that same old same old storyline??? I will stop playing pokemon period. If this generation doesn't have any fresh new storyline.... I'm gonna give up PERIOD.
You might want to change your custom title to unfaithful pokemon fan.
I would probably feel sad for about 3 seconds and the catch them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrh25 View Post
I don't see why everyone hates RSE.
The Hoenn series was pretty much the best, most creative series in there. Whoever came up with the Dive and Braille Code ideas should be made Executive Designer of B&W. Also, each game had their own enemy team, Team Aqua & Team Magma, I for one saw creative awesomeness in this.

HOENN NEEDS MORE LOVE

If B&W are anything like the Hoenn series, I will buy both of them, and the 3rd game.
If B&W are anything like the Sinnoh series, I will shoot somebody.
So I hope they don't blow, judging by the starters 2/3 are the coolest ones yet. Water one is a Bidoof standing up.
If you weren't a man i would kiss you.
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Lady Weavile
Oh... Shiny..

Disappointed. But not surprised. **** happens...
Like said before, I didn't like Gen IV, so if Gen V will suck, I will be dissappointed, but don't care.

Fakemon ?
The Fakemon Portal (Dutch) !
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Aureol
Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast

Eh, I won't be surprised in the slightest. The gameplay has been getting better, but everything else has been on a decline.
I believe in God, I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am a "Mormon" (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). If you ever want to learn about Mormonism, feel free to PM me or go to the official website (mormon.org).
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:43 PM
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Weavile View Post
Disappointed. But not surprised. **** happens...
Like said before, I didn't like Gen IV, so if Gen V will suck, I will be dissappointed, but don't care.
For some reason this is my favorite post from this thread. Just keeping it real. Yeah sh!+ does happen and sometimes it turns out something wasn't as good as it was hyped to be. Disappointed? Yeah maybe, but will that stop me or others from playing? I doubt it.
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Bunny69
Serious Buisness

Nature: Timid
It shouldn't be any worse than Gen. 4 (which was actually pretty good)

I also Play Shoddy Battle, BTW.
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:51 PM
A Pixy
Skipping over water.

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureol View Post
Eh, I won't be surprised in the slightest. The gameplay has been getting better, but everything else has been on a decline.
As Vegeta once said, that makes about as much sense as a banana riding a tricycle.

The gameplay is good, that's what really matters. :D
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Norisom
Oh hai der

Nature: Quiet
I probably wouldn't even mind. To me none of the gens sucked.

Click these Pokemon plz!
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Bloothump
the Sea Fungi Pokemon.

Nature: Jolly
You know what I hate? People need to stop complaining about pokemon. Really, you try creating 500 pokemon and see how original they are by the end. And I doubt anyone who says they'll quit playing pokemon if gen 5 is not great will, because if you had that little faith in pokemon, why would you even have an account on this site? The truth is, just go play a digimon game or that photo monsters game forn the DS and compare it to DPPt. Then tell me which is better. Because whether pokemon is getting worse or not, it's still a great game compared to other games on the DS.

the real fifth gen. starters
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I have yet to actually come across a Pokémon game in which I think has completely "bombed." And honestly, I don't expect anything different from Gen V. If anything, I'd probably say it'll be one of the best current games to date. With how much attention this game seems to be getting, GameFreak seems to really want to make a big comeback with this being considered the "rebirth" of Pokémon. I never expect too much in a game, and I never expect too little. I just take what they throw at us and make the best of it. If I were to criticize any of the Pokémon games to say they sucked, then I would have left this franchise a long time ago. I take what I get and I enjoy it. Period.
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Well, if Gen V sucks, nobody's going to force us to play it, so I'll just play my own Gen IV rom hacks :D.
Old May 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Aureol
Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloothump View Post
You know what I hate? People need to stop complaining about pokemon. Really, you try creating 500 pokemon and see how original they are by the end.
I never asked them to make 500 They were the ones that did that. I doubt highly I could come up with 500 original ideas, which is why I won't expect them to make another 100 that really get my interest.

Besides, the Pokemon franchise is doomed to succeed, no matter what they do. They'll probably only slow down when there are so many that an extra 100 doesn't even phaze the audience anymore. So, if by "sucking," you mean "failing to make money," then that's not going to happen.
I believe in God, I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am a "Mormon" (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). If you ever want to learn about Mormonism, feel free to PM me or go to the official website (mormon.org).
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:57 PM
SorakuFett
I use myself in Battle..

If Gen V sucked, i would go to my room after beating the game.
I would then proceed to cry until my eyes "deflated" from dehydration...

LOLWUT

Old May 19th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Chocos0
Eclipse the Umbreon

I've been playing since the 3rd Region (The very beginning of it)
And, I've grown to love Hoenn as the old pokemon fans love the 1st and 2nd Generation games.
So I know how it feels when people see Game Freak make some remake of the game.
But if it sucks, it sucks.
If it doesn't suck, I would like it.

But I looked at the 5th generation pictures, I like everything except for the battle screen.
If they put the 5th Generation graphics in the remakes of Sapphire and Ruby, it would suck very very bad, I hate it if they do that.

Though, I would play Black and White.

Ruby and Sapphire remakes, I pray that they won't make it like Black and White, I would like the D/P/PT and HG/SS graphics on the remakes.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Old May 19th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Lornami
Let's share the fruit of fate!

Nature: Brave
Honestly? Nothing would change for me.
I still enjoy my pokemon centric life with Sinnoh and below, and not having an amazing game will not phase me at all. I'm perfectly happy now, nothing can "ruin" it for me.

Old May 19th, 2010, 10:22 PM
loliwin
→ Level 69

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to loliwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrickeN View Post
I don't get why people hated D/P/Pt or R/S/E.

I liked them. The only thing I disliked about D/P/Pt was that it seemed to be a recycled story with more childish plot. But overall it was pretty damn cool.
Maybe because they were alot different than R/B/Y and G/S/C. The regions was more techish etc. the pokemon designs had more detail, and gameplay was a bit different. Or they are just overruled by nostalgia. lol :)

I think B/W will be great. I see some enhacements so far. XD

zero
It’s not X you should worry about - it’s me!

Old May 20th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Volroc
The Unpredictability Trainer

R/S/E proved some pokemon dont need to evolve inorder to kick ass so i loved that region, so those remakes couldnt bomb.

but after the trainwreck,& massive disappointment of gen4
i doubt gen5 could be any worse.
i dont think a nuclear bomb goin off over my head while im on the toilet could be worse then gen4

but all jokes aside, gen4 was their worst idea ever, & im hopin i can forget gen4 with gen5
i want pokemon this time.
not: digimon wannabes, evolution **** ups, & legendaries flowin from a fountain.

Green Pachirisu Lover,Trainer, & Wanter ♥
------------------------------------------------
Platinum Friend Code: 4125-8116-6910
White Friend Code: 3739-9194-5899
Yugioh 5Ds WC2010 Reverse of Arcadia Friend Code: 4340-5571-8174
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links