The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 24th, 2010 (09:45 AM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
From TV Guide Japan

熱戦前夜!サトシのポケモン大集合!!

Last night, fiery training ! Ash's party reunited !

airdate: June 24th

Seems to be confirmed.
Old May 24th, 2010 (09:57 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Okay so the new japanese episode title has been anounced! "The Eve of the Fierce Fighting! The Big Gathering of Satoshi's Pokemon!" airing June 24th!

I totally fanboy screamed when I saw this LOL
Most people could guess that this episode will be the episode before the sinnoh leauge before of the Eve in the title xD! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE MOST OF ASHES POKEMON ALL TOGETHER, im just wondering a little on how they are gonna get them all toegther in one place without going back to oaks lab since satoshi can only have 6 in his team at a time!!

What are your impressions?

Discuss :D

Ill get a little preveiw clip up soon when the offical site updates :D

Old May 24th, 2010 (12:06 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
I already made a thread about this...right under yours...
Old May 24th, 2010 (12:10 PM).
Thorns
Trainer

I hope we see all the Pokemon As said goodbyr to, such as Butterfree, Charizard, Larvitar, Squirtle, Gliscor and Lapras.
Old May 24th, 2010 (12:29 PM).
Papajones33

I want to see the likes of Pidgeot and Primape.
Old May 24th, 2010 (02:26 PM).
chimchar8
Oshawott RULEZ!!! :D

Nature: Brave
@Thorns larvitar went to live with his mother so he wont ever be returning. we could see some of ash's pokemon evolved it would be really great if cydaquil evolved into quilava.
Old May 24th, 2010 (02:49 PM).
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I merged both threads together since they deal with the same business.

Anyway, I hope Ash brings back his Johto Pokémon like Cyndaquil and Totodile back for the Sinnoh League. Judging from the opening though it seems that may be the case. Maybe we can get some more Ash n' Bayleef loving.
Old May 24th, 2010 (03:27 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I figure after this episode begins the Sinnoh League competition. It all seems to be moving so quickly, from the Grand Festival to their transition from the 8th gym match to now the Sinnoh League. I'm guessing they want to build some time before the 5th Gen Arc begins later this year. I'm just curious to see which Pokémon Ash recalls to use in the Sinnoh League and what Paul will have to say about them.

If we're to go by the opening though, then it'll probably be Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Noctowl, Glalie, Corphish, Donphan, Muk, and/or Torkoal to all come back in part of the Sinnoh League. However, I feel as though none of them will be used against Paul - that I say he'll be using his entire Sinnoh team for. I'm curious to know though, I wonder if Prof. Oak, Gary, and possible Delia will be traveling to Sinnoh to come see Ash take on the League. It'll make sense if Prof. Oak were to come with some of Ash's Pokémon so he can use them, plus Dawn will finally be able to meet him, but we'll see.
Old May 24th, 2010 (03:41 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Honestly, I am really excited for this.

I mean the one thing the Houen League did that really annoyed me is the writers not giving Ash the ability to use his old Pokemon. I mean we got that in the Battle Frontier but still. I mean we get to see them in the league this time so this is going to be really interesting.
Old May 24th, 2010 (03:45 PM).
Thorns
Trainer

I still want Larvitar back though. It's been 7 or 8 years. It must me old enough to come back. Just saying.
Old May 24th, 2010 (04:07 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

I mean it would be nice, but it wasn't technically his Pokemon.
Old May 24th, 2010 (04:09 PM). Edited May 24th, 2010 by Vernikova.
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns
I still want Larvitar back though. It's been 7 or 8 years. It must me old enough to come back. Just saying.
Larvitar was nothing but a device. It isn't going to come back. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akio123
I mean the one thing the Houen League did that really annoyed me is the writers not giving Ash the ability to use his old Pokemon. I mean we got that in the Battle Frontier but still. I mean we get to see them in the league this time so this is going to be really interesting.
I actually wanted the Sinnoh League to be all of Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon so they could have all of the spotlight. Especially since it seems that there isn't going to be anything like a Battle Frontier this time around.
Old May 24th, 2010 (04:13 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post

I actually wanted the Sinnoh League to be all of Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon so they could have all of the spotlight. Especially since it seems that there isn't going to be anything like a Battle Frontier this time around.
I dunno, I'm kind of tired of all of his Sinnoh Pokemon after like 4 and 1/2 years. I also really miss his old Pokemon so I am actually happy to see some of the older guys being used. I mean why not use em? I mean Arceus knows Paul is going to be using reserves so why not let Ash? Also this way we get to see some interactions between several of his Pokemon. I mean like I would love to see a Bayleef, Torterra, Sceptile love triangle.
Old May 24th, 2010 (04:14 PM).
Vistz
Pokemon Partisan

Nature: Calm
I want to see how many of his old Pokemon they'll bring back
Old May 24th, 2010 (04:15 PM).
Thorns
Trainer

A device? No, it was more than that. I think it's stil ltechnically Ash's since it hatched in Ash's care. And if they do go back to Johto next season, I guarentee you Larvitar will be back.
Old May 24th, 2010 (04:24 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
A device? No, it was more than that. I think it's stil ltechnically Ash's since it hatched in Ash's care. And if they do go back to Johto next season, I guarentee you Larvitar will be back.
You more or less just described what a Plot device was...

Also, I mean it was confirmed that next season is going to be Black and White so they are not going to Johto. Also by that logic when they went back to Knato...over and over...they should have seen Pidegot and Pimeape.
Old May 24th, 2010 (04:26 PM).
Kipher
The author riding the raptor.

I'm worried over the 50 something Tuaros he has.
Old May 24th, 2010 (04:48 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
In Hoenn, with the Battle Frontier arc we had the chance of seeing some of his older Pokémon. Which is why the writers probably scratched the idea of Ash using some of his reserves in the Hoenn League. However, since there will be no side story arc this time around, and the new season for B&W is to be aired this Fall, I think they decided to showcase some of Ash's older Pokémon now. I do believe Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon will be given the spotlight against Paul however, as I mentioned earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipher View Post
I'm worried over the 50 something Tuaros he has.
It's actually 30 Tauros'. I wouldn't mind seeing one of them come back for a battle, but I would love to see Sceptile come back. He was such a powerhouse on Ash's team, that to see it again in Sinnoh would be nice. Plus, I agree, I'd like to see that grass type triangle go around. Maybe not a love triangle exactly, but something in between.
Old May 24th, 2010 (05:02 PM).
institutions
ain't that a kick in the head?

Nature: Relaxed
Could it be that i'm actually looking forward to an episode of the anime?
I haven't looked forward to an episode since Ash fought Ritchie.
I stopped seriously watching after the episode involving Ho-oh and Morty (and his Gengar.)

I hope he brings back Muk, Tauros, Kingler, Snorlax, and Charizard
Old May 24th, 2010 (05:22 PM).
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro
In Hoenn, with the Battle Frontier arc we had the chance of seeing some of his older Pokémon. Which is why the writers probably scratched the idea of Ash using some of his reserves in the Hoenn League. However, since there will be no side story arc this time around, and the new season for B&W is to be aired this Fall, I think they decided to showcase some of Ash's older Pokémon now. I do believe Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon will be given the spotlight against Paul however, as I mentioned earlier.
I already know this. All I was doing was voicing my displeasure over the fact that we'll have to see Ash's old Pokémon this time around instead of just having Ash just use his Sinnoh Pokémon.

Quote:
I dunno, I'm kind of tired of all of his Sinnoh Pokemon after like 4 and 1/2 years. I also really miss his old Pokemon so I am actually happy to see some of the older guys being used. I mean why not use em? I mean Arceus knows Paul is going to be using reserves so why not let Ash? Also this way we get to see some interactions between several of his Pokemon. I mean like I would love to see a Bayleef, Torterra, Sceptile love triangle.
Does it matter that Paul is going to use reserves? It's not like we're actually going to see all of his battles. The only Pokémon that we'll actually watch battle are the ones that are going to be used against Ash.
Old May 24th, 2010 (05:30 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:

Does it matter that Paul is going to use reserves? It's not like we're actually going to see all of his battles. The only Pokémon that we'll actually watch battle are the ones that are going to be used against Ash.
You're kind of missing my point,

What I'm saying is if other trainers can use reserves why can't Ash? Why should the writers let his Pokemon rot this saga? I mean back in the original series, Johto, and even in Advanced Gen he has used his reserves. Why not now? I mean like they aren't like the girls after the saga ends and are disposable. They are characters that can commute on the bus because they belong to the main character.
Old May 24th, 2010 (05:30 PM).
Kipher

Well just from the tip of my head I have to say Ash has owned at least 45-ish Pokemon, including the Tauros.

It'll be a cluster frak.
Old May 24th, 2010 (05:44 PM).
Vernikova

Quote:
You're kind of missing my point,

What I'm saying is if other trainers can use reserves why can't Ash? Why should the writers let his Pokemon rot this saga? I mean back in the original series, Johto, and even in Advanced Gen he has used his reserves. Why not now? I mean like they aren't like the girls after the saga ends and are disposable. They are characters that can commute on the bus because they belong to the main character.
No, I got your point. I'd like it if the writers just let them rot once every couple of sagaa. They don't have to appear in every saga and I would've liked it if they stayed out of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipher
Well just from the tip of my head I have to say Ash has owned at least 45-ish Pokemon, including the Tauros.

It'll be a cluster frak.
It'll probably be only one Tauros. It's not like he's going to invite every Pokémon from Oak's.
Old May 24th, 2010 (05:49 PM).
Kipher

Well yes it'll be one to a dozen, but remember they wiped that episode off the face of the earth. The 9 year old and younger population of your America will be dumb witted if they become addicted fanboys. Hurr durrrr.
Old May 24th, 2010 (05:55 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Yeah, but I mean this saga has been four years long and I am so tired of just seeing these Pokemon. I need something at least different, not new, but different.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links