• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Berries

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In the earlier games, there were apricorns such as white, pink... and berries such as psncureberry and przcureberry. Then, in Gen 3 we got introduced to more advanced berries with different uses such as Pecha and Oran. In Gen 4 we had to plant the berries in pots within our bags rather than actually planting them around the region. This brings us to the question of berries in Gen 5.

Do you think the berries in these games will be spread around the region once more? Did that make it more enjoyable for you? Do you think new types of berries will be introduced to have more variety in B/W? Do you think the apricorn system will make a comeback in this generation? What if there's no berries? Though that would be quite unlikely.

But yeah, share your views on how berries will play a role in B/W.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
Years
I think we will have the same old berries from gen3, becuase there really isnt any way to improve them, i think. I hope that you can plant berrys throught the reigon though.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
Berries shall return, and hopefully contests will return. But not the crappy contests of Sinnoh, something more along the lines of the Pokeathlon but different.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
hmm maybe they'll bring in crushing berries to make medicine like potions and stuff but if not then same as Gen III please.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
Maybe we would have a garden where we can plant all the berries it can hold. And maybe, since their going all out with the graphics and stuff, we can see the berries IN 3D and see if it's bruised or brown or anything. o3o

Years
I would like the garden idea. There could be a garden in every town or something, and each garden can hold up to like 10 berry plants. With the contests, I didn't like the Pokeathalon, and was not a fan of Sinnoh's at all. I say let's go back to the Hoenn contests!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Berries are to pokemon like peanut butter is to jelly..We will definitely see them coming back in black & white. I really liked the berry pots in HGSS, partially due to me not having to travel around the whole region to plant berries and or forgetting what ones I planted, so they should definitely be brought back. Though I feel as if berry pots were only used because Johto originally never had berries, so in black & white we may be back to planting them around the region.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Berry will return as a improvement tool to both contest stat and Pokeathlon stat booster. will, it will be better if they letting us have our own berries farm, to save some time.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
I don't know what it is about berries, but I love them for some reason. It might just be my inner OCD need to have every single one and to collect them, but I'd love if they had them in B&W. I don't know what they would include, though, since it seems like they cover most of the bases already. Maybe some cheaper alternative to vitamins? You could create poffins that give 5 EVs each or something.
I'd also like if they brought in something new, like...potatoes, or some other kind of produce. You know, just to be a little different.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
I like the "berries spread around the world" better than just keeping them in a case like in HGSS. I hope they can expand the wonders of berries. Like crushing certain berries to make some hyper potions or even rare candies. Now that I would like to see.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Like the majority have already said, Berries are likely to make a return. As for improvement? There really isn't much to improve on. We have berries used for mixing which serve no purpose outside of that, we have berries great for battle and status fixture, and with that we have berries perfect for reducing misused or unwanted EVs. I can only see a few more berries added to the variety beyond this, and possibly a few new purposes for them.

As for where they might go, I'm probably leaning to them being spread amongst the region again, but I'd prefer them in a Berry Pot like those in HG/SS. I liked this concept because I didn't have to go traveling all over to find where I planted my pre-existing berries, and it's so much easier to focus on too. Though, if it goes back to being across the region, then I'll be alright with it. I've gotten used to it since playing through 3rd and 4th Gen so long now, I guess it making a return after the new deal in HG/SS won't hurt.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
it was only in hg/ss where we had the pots. it was convienient but i liked planting them around the region so i could travel

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2016
We have the spread around the region....... But with, BW coming how about the new thing... Telling us when our berries grew and where.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
The region looks very advanced, so I don't know if they'll bring them back. Maybe the Berry Pot thing again. Or maybe they'll create a new idea instead of berries.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
The region looks very advanced, so I don't know if they'll bring them back. Maybe the Berry Pot thing again. Or maybe they'll create a new idea instead of berries.

seeing how we only have about 3 screenies of places, thats not right. you act like the whole game takes place in a city..it might be like real life, river walk, country side, big city, mountains etc.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
seeing how we only have about 3 screenies of places, thats not right. you act like the whole game takes place in a city..it might be like real life, river walk, country side, big city, mountains etc.

yea i know. but i do think that they should make up a new thing, since berrirs have been used for the first 4 generations.

Back